PDA

View Full Version : Moderation - The Report System

Cheesedude
28th October 2015, 05:51 PM
So, we had an incident yesterday which actually resulted in five reports on a single post.

This isn't the place to comment on that incident, but it does bring about this announcement, so I'm quite glad it happened, actually.

While we continue moderating the site, the report system doesn't see a lot of use. It exists to help you guys as much as it helps us, by bringing the attention of the moderators to posts that may otherwise slip through the cracks. We need you to report posts that are in poor taste or are just plain bad. Be as liberal as possible with this - report anything and everything you think may need moderation, even if you're not entirely sure. There is no penalty for reporting a post that action isn't taken on.

Our moderating team works hard, but it's impossible to see every single post in every single topic, so be sure to help us out by reporting posts you feel are breaking rules.

Dread Kaiser
28th October 2015, 08:49 PM
Glad to know people pay attention to the reports

Jolan
28th October 2015, 08:59 PM
I didn't see a resolution of the incident, though. But I'm glad the reports worked.

Dread Kaiser
28th October 2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah, Too many times I have reported things, and only a handful of times seen action done

I'm aware resolutions aren't always apparent to bystanders but i makes it seem like a waste of time at times

so very nice to see acknowledgement to the contrary

Pendulum
28th October 2015, 09:17 PM
I didn't see a resolution of the incident, though. But I'm glad the reports worked.

Yeah, Too many times I have reported things, and only a handful of times seen action done

I'm aware resolutions aren't always apparent to bystanders but i makes it seem like a waste of time at times

so very nice to see acknowledgement to the contrary

Yes. At least they are telling us they noticed our reports. And I'm glad.
Now we just have to wait for them to take action. And I hope they do something. At least some severe warnings. At least... But that's not of my business.

Cheesedude
28th October 2015, 09:56 PM
Action was taken. That doesn't happen publicly.

Ziz
13th December 2015, 03:49 AM
There is no penalty for reporting a post that action isn't taken on.
So if I report each and every post, I won't face any repercussions for it?

kahunyu
13th December 2015, 04:00 AM
I'd suspect you'd be penalized for an entirely different reason.

NeoArkadia
15th December 2015, 12:37 PM
Yes. That's wasting the staff's time.