PDA

View Full Version : How Many Lolis

SynjoDeonecros
28th October 2015, 07:28 PM
So, my boyfriend wants to try and get into Pendulum Summon decks, but since the cards he wants to play around with - the Majespecters - have had their rarity bumped up, he's concerned he won't have the money to pay for all of the copies needed for the deck. On top of that, he's noticed that quite a few of those decks use Archfiend Eccentrick, but since that card's at like $60 at the low end, he's definitely not able to get a hold of them AND the Majespecters he wants/needs.

Now, I have 2 Eccentricks in my Draconia deck, and I want to help him out, but I'm afraid giving him them - or even one of them - would not be enough and disrupt both of our decks something fierce. So I have to ask, what do you guys think is the best ratio for Eccentrick in a deck?

Jolan
28th October 2015, 08:24 PM
Well, 2-3 if you plan to run pure Majespecters BUT it's not necessary if you play mixed Majespecters.
In pure, you absolutely positively want to remove any sort of backrow that might be a threat to your comboing, so maxing out on Eccentric is what you would normally want to do in all scenarios. After all, if someone breaks your scales or pops your field spell, you're dead in your tracks.
You can run 2 though, it's not a huge issue. Stuff like Luster Pendulum being at 12+ and you needing 3 of it is what holds you back, mostly. Now that card is absolutely vital to the deck.

SynjoDeonecros
28th October 2015, 08:29 PM
...Joy, that doesn't sound encouraging. If anything, it sounds like there's no way that my boyfriend's going to be able to build ANY majespecter, pure or mixed, on his budget.

Deadborder
28th October 2015, 08:31 PM
Of course, if you're only using Eccentrick as a way to deal with anti-backrow-backrow, you can probably get away with MST and the like.

On the other hand, Eccentrick certainly is more versatile, and as a scale 7 lets you Pendulum Summon Unicorn if you want. Though honestly if you're able to Pendulum Summon enough you can probably get away with tribute summoning Unicorn on most occasions.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah Luster Pendulum is really good in the deck and is probably going to be the main budget obstruction.

SynjoDeonecros
28th October 2015, 08:35 PM
... Great. This is the problem, the decks that my boyfriend gravitates toward wind up becoming so popular and successful in the meta, that when they get ported over to the TCG Konami sees the money potential for them and bump the rarities up to the point where it's literally impossible to build them on a low budget like he and I have to do. It's gotten to the point where he's actually thinking of quitting the game, because of it. And with how most of the cards I want being absurdly bumped up in rarity this set, too, I'm tempted to go with him...

Deadborder
28th October 2015, 08:41 PM
Well actually Majespecter, at least in the OCG, isn't/wasn't tremendously popular to begin with. This was true even when the top deck was Magicians.

So it's certainly possible that Majespecters won't be tremendously hyped in the TCG either.

On the other hand, because they're a Pendulum deck, they benefit from some of the same cards that the other more popular Pendulum decks do, like the aforementioned Luster and Ignister. I don't think it should be too terrible to pick up the Majespecters themselves by comparison.

Jolan
28th October 2015, 08:42 PM
I actually am preparing for a secret tech of Majespecter Magicians but I have to wait till December for that, with the Structure Deck.
It's a good mix BUT I still need 3 Luster Pendulum. That card is too useful in Pendulum decks and too rare for its own good.
It doesn't need Eccentric but it's not as strong a deck, either. Given how Unicorn is a rare, it should be a lot cheaper to build though.

SynjoDeonecros
28th October 2015, 08:45 PM
Hmm. So he may be able to buy the single cards for cheap. MAY being the key word, there. What do you suggest we do about this situation, then? I've got 2 Eccentric, but I'm using them, and he doesn't want to steal them from me or even borrow them for his own deck. He wants to try a pure build, but it sounds like the more popular non-Majespecter support will be too expensive for him.

NOPE, nevermind, just checked the presale prices for Bunbuku on ebay. They're selling, a piece, for upwards of $40. No freaking way we'll be able to get him those cards, at this rate, not until after they've burned out and are no longer viable as a deck...

SynjoDeonecros
3rd November 2015, 08:01 PM
So, two questions: 1. Again, how many Eccentrick will my boyfriend be able to get away with for his Majespecter deck, and 2. Since getting a full set for a pure version is out of the question, until the cards fall in price significantly, what would be the best option for mashing up Majespecters with for a budget deck?

Momma_Sophie
4th November 2015, 12:45 AM
He could try Odd-Eyes's archetype.

Odd-Eyes Pen would help him find Eccentrick. So, maybe 2 Eccentrick.

SynjoDeonecros
4th November 2015, 12:48 AM
And I had just sold my Odd-Eyes, too... well, the ones I'm not using; I've got 2 tin copies in my Normal Pendulum deck specifically so I can get Sea Dragoonns and Eccentrick.

Momma_Sophie
4th November 2015, 03:17 PM
And I had just sold my Odd-Eyes, too... well, the ones I'm not using; I've got 2 tin copies in my Normal Pendulum deck specifically so I can get Sea Dragoonns and Eccentrick.

He'll get some more this December from the Structure Deck. He'll get Odd-Eyes Pen (Hopefully) along with those Pendulum Magicians.

SynjoDeonecros
4th November 2015, 03:57 PM
Or he can just buy a bunch of mega tins, but that's just as expensive. And again, this assumes that I'll be able to get away with no Eccentrick of my own in my pendulum deck, which is a stretch; he doesn't want to take them without reason, so yeah...

Momma_Sophie
4th November 2015, 04:04 PM
Or he can just buy a bunch of mega tins, but that's just as expensive. And again, this assumes that I'll be able to get away with no Eccentrick of my own in my pendulum deck, which is a stretch; he doesn't want to take them without reason, so yeah...

SDs are about $10-11 though. Two and a half SDs for a tin that gives the same guaranteed card sounds cool to me.

I don't know about you; I only answered the question of what he could mix his Majespecters with.

If you have other questions, I'm happy to advise.

--Sophie.