PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Duel Terminal World?

Aromaiden
31st October 2015, 03:44 AM
So I'm honestly curious what ended up happening to the Duel Terminal World after the arrival of Infernoid Tierra; do we know anything else after that? I'm sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but I'm very interested.

Hope in the Interstice
31st October 2015, 03:54 AM
So I'm honestly curious what ended up happening to the Duel Terminal World after the arrival of Infernoid Tierra; do we know anything else after that? I'm sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but I'm very interested.
Honestly, no. I'm also very interested but it seems like they're not picking up that plot line anytime soon. At the very least, the next set should be the end of the Dracoslayers.

Aromaiden
31st October 2015, 04:02 AM
Honestly, no. I'm also very interested but it seems like they're not picking up that plot line anytime soon. At the very least, the next set should be the end of the Dracoslayers.

I thought so; thanks for the response. I wonder why they decided to stop where they did?

Baroque
24th December 2015, 10:59 PM
I thought so; thanks for the response. I wonder why they decided to stop where they did?

Tradition, I suppose; when you think about it, each 'series' of Duel Terminal has ended on things going fantastically wrong.

Series 1 (includes the Worm invasion, the Fabled invasion, and the events not long after): To end the war for good, the Ice Barrier unseals Trishula. OOPS, TRISHULA WENT ON A RAMPAGE AND EVERYTHING FROZE.

Series 2 (includes the Inverz invasion and the Verz infestation): Sophia mashes the reset button. Sombre and Kerykeion, who end up killing Sophia, cannily enough came out of two premade decks released after the fact, and the 'plot cards' surrounding the event came out in main packs not too long after.

(For extra fun, after Sophia made her debut, Konami of Japan released a few nostalgia sets collecting the DT cards together, so her resets ended up showing up in pack form.)

And now we have 'Series 3' (I hesitate to call them 'Seasons' as I normally do considering the sort of Zexal/Zexal II moment that happens regarding 'em with the two major plotlines.), which starts by introducing the tellarknights, Yang Zing, and Shaddoll, and then everything begins going more and more pear-shaped as the world tree reveals that it's actually a horrible, horrible matryoshka doll (or, less jokingly, the Shaddoll try to get the power from the world tree the same as Leodrake and Roach got, but ended up ticking off something-or-other, causing the Qliphort to launch and then after the Infernoid to come out of the Qliphort).

The only difference here is there's not really much 'season 2' business going on with this series of DT lore; it's just 'These 3 archetypes are here' -> 'Shaddoll dun goofed, have some Qliphort' -> 'Here, have 2 more archetypes' -> 'SURPRISE, WE DID OUR HOMEWORK! HAVE SOME INFERNOIDS' -> 'I know now, without a doubt, the Sacred Tree . . . GIVES YOU WINGS!' -> 'Hey, the code's done compiling, HAVE A TIERRA!'; no real 'secondary conflict', unless we count the really short stint of Shaddoll funning around as the first batch of conflict (it ended within a single pack, so I'm not really too convinced it counts).

The third series ending where it does -- at Infernoid Tierra coming into being after being foreshadowed a few packs prior (Qliphort Scout) -- kinda neatly echoes the past two series as an endpoint with how the first ended on Trishula and the second ended on Sophia. Here's hoping we get either a fourth series or at least some Sophia-like 'well, this is what happened after' cards in another set (a la Sombre & Kerykeion).

ChaseLumsden
25th December 2015, 11:35 PM
It evolved. Dracoslayers happened. Luster Pendulum, a good guy that used to be bad, taken over by Vector Pendulum, who was trying to re-create the infections the Steelswarms had done, rose against the tyranny of his previous master, fled by his immense power, then lost his memory after a dramatic battle against the Dracoruler whilst fleeing. By this point, we all know what goes on from there. Vector Pendulum successfully creates the Amorhage monsters, abominations meant to destroy, while Luster Pendulum teams up with the Dinomists, the Majespecters, and the Igknights to take on the impeding army.

If that doesn't sound like more Duel Terminal Lore, I dunno what is.

Baroque
26th December 2015, 01:11 PM
It evolved. Dracoslayers happened. Luster Pendulum, a good guy that used to be bad, taken over by Vector Pendulum, who was trying to re-create the infections the Steelswarms had done, rose against the tyranny of his previous master, fled by his immense power, then lost his memory after a dramatic battle against the Dracoruler whilst fleeing. By this point, we all know what goes on from there. Vector Pendulum successfully creates the Amorhage monsters, abominations meant to destroy, while Luster Pendulum teams up with the Dinomists, the Majespecters, and the Igknights to take on the impeding army.

If that doesn't sound like more Duel Terminal Lore, I dunno what is.

It sounds more to me like it's a story of its own the way the Prophecy archetype has story that Endymion's tied into, or how the Fire Kings, Atlanteans, and Mermails have their own plot together, not a fourth series of Duel Terminal; Konami's put nothing forth that claims these as belonging to Duel Terminal lore, at all -- and usually they would've put something like that forward by now, three-to-four sets in.

The Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord bit is most likely its own plot, not Duel Terminal lore; Vector Pendulum's not likely to be 'trying to re-create the infections of the Steelswarms', considering he's already mentioned by his own card text to be transforming things into dragons to serve as his minions using 'Dragon Alchemy'.

Dio Brando
10th January 2016, 10:44 PM
The last we see of the Terminal world is in the artwork of Ultimate Providence.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/7/76/UltimateProvidence-BOSH-EN-ScR-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20160101220027

I, Dio, assume that Lara and Ulti-GaiaP (Fighting against Tierra) are trying to protect Pilica and Wen.

Pendulum
10th January 2016, 10:50 PM
I would actually enjoy a book with this story, instead of just some random cards and speculation.
The story seems pretty cool, but there's no means to be sure how it really is. That leaves some space for imagination, yeah, but it's too uncertain to be properly and totally appreciated.

Sanokal
10th January 2016, 11:22 PM
I would actually enjoy a book with this story, instead of just some random cards and speculation.
The story seems pretty cool, but there's no means to be sure how it really is. That leaves some space for imagination, yeah, but it's too uncertain to be properly and totally appreciated.

They do cover it in the Master Guides, but we don't get those.

Pendulum
10th January 2016, 11:27 PM
They do cover it in the Master Guides, but we don't get those.

Exactly.
However, the Qli/Shaddoll/Infernoid/etc. part is still missing. And it seems really interesting.

ScionStorm
10th January 2016, 11:33 PM
I get why it's called the Terminal World. Because it's always ending. And really badly too. ;P

Dio Brando
10th January 2016, 11:45 PM
More like groundhog day. Everything keep repeating.

Baroque
11th January 2016, 01:02 AM
I get why it's called the Terminal World. Because it's always ending. And really badly too. ;P

It really does end up having a truckload of problems. It's had . . .
0) A war, or something like it
1) An alien invasion
2) The legions of hell invade
3) A (living) meteor impact
4) A dragon freezing everything
5) Two pairs of feuding tribes, including...
5.1) The mongol(esque) hordes attacking pacifist knights
5.2) Lovecraftian cultists abducting woodland creatures (protected by hippie druids)
6) More chthonic invaders
7) The 'tribe' that helped beat back (6) deciding the road to peace is paved with everyone else's demise, possibly due to . . .
8) . . . a hate plague.
9) Sophia popping in on the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Duelstiny to mash the reset button; return to (0) until . . .
10) God(dess) is dead, we (Sombre & Kerykeion) have killed them

. . . and that's all just what happened during the plot we have proper, established canon for, give or take a hero's heart making his twisted body rise back up (AKA, the events leading to the Shaddoll).

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 01:20 AM
At least the good guys largely avoided infighting in the third war.

Baroque
11th January 2016, 09:06 AM
At least the good guys largely avoided infighting in the third war.

Perhaps, but that role in the plot kinda got taken up by Shaddoll in the form of 'oh no, I am now having to fight my friends and relatives, oh noooo'.
Which leaves the other 'villains' in that plot as 'The IT Guy's Biblically-Portioned Nightmare' and 'The Legions of Hell 2: Electric Boogaloo', ending off with Tierra taking the role of Trishula and Sophia as the series-ending supercreature.

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 09:19 AM
I did like the number of locks Tierra effectively had on it.

Dio Brando
11th January 2016, 05:44 PM
The Duelist Alliance era arc should be something similar to this:

The story left off years later after the assault on Sophia. New powers were given (Exciton Knight, Leo). The people who are left will repopulate. (Emilia and Avance, as well as Reeze (lol) and Kamui. This was in the Master Guide.

- Sombre calls/creates the Yang Zings (Yang Zing Creation)
- Sombre and Kerykeion left the world as Gods (as seen in Sacred Serpent's Wake)
- Pilica wondered the DT world
- Crystal's core became Shaddoll Core
- Awakening/creation of El Shaddoll Nephilim
- Crystal's progressive transformation -> Antiluminescent Knight
- Tellars were introduced
- Those who were involved in the battle against the Evilswarms and Sophia were collected (by Nephilim/Construct) and transformed into Shaddolls (El Shaddoll Winda, Falco, Beast). Those who fought against the Shaddolls and were defeated/ensnared were also transformed into Shaddolls (Curse of the Shaddoll Prison = Squamata, and Sinister Shadow Games)

New Challenger:

Things get worse.

- Pilica met Leo (Keeper of the Sacred Tree)
- Winda felt/knew some sort of powerful entity was inside the Naturia Sacred Tree (El Shaddoll Fusion)
- Shaddolls attacked the Sacred Tree, Tellars attempted to protect it (Hexatellarknight)
- Winda unleashed/reactivated the Qli power source inside the Sacred Tree (Qliphort Qlipper, Qlimat Change)
- Qliphorts appeared. Like Vylons they want to control the world
- They've started to attempt to end the world with Tierra (Qliphort Scout)
- Antiluminescent Knight -> Grysta
- Despite El Shaddoll Shekhinaga being a Shaddoll card, the color of Nephilim/Construct, her bindings, and her position meant that she is most likely being used by the Qlis
- Grysta is destroyed (Saqlifice)

Secrets of Eternity and Secret Forces:

Like I, Dio, mentioned before. Avance and Emila ended up together, eventually they created the Nekroz. Kamui and Reeze ended up together, and created the Ritual Beasts. I, Dio, am not sure if Ritual Beast Tamer Elder is Kamui, nor am I, Dio, sure that Dance Princess of the Nekroz is Emila.

- The Qliphort unleashed the Infernoids upon DT (Void Launch)
- Wen was transformed into El Shaddoll Wendigo (Ritual Beast Ambush)
- Winda was captured by Infernoids (Neph Shaddoll Fusion)

Crossed Souls:

This part gets even more confusing. Somehow between this set and the last set, Leo turned into Naturia Gaiastrio, the Penguin became Rampengu, and somehow, they manage to salvage pieces of Sophia (?)

- Nekroz (I, Dio, assume Trishula) froze El Shaddoll Shekhinaga (Void Vanishment)
- Infernoid Devyaty freed Nephilim/Construct and fused with it (El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis)
- Dance Princess' ritual turned her into Nekroz of Sophia (I, Dio, assume it was due to Oracle of Zefra)
- The Sacred Tree gave all those who are worthy the power of Zefra
- Kerykeion came back and became a Shaddoll (?)
- Tellars and Nekroz worked together to destroy Anoyatyllis (Zefra Divine Strike, Void Purification)
- Lara fused with Naturia Gaiastrio to become Ritual Beast Ulti-Gaiapelio

Clash of Rebellion:

Only two DT related cards were released in this set. Those were Dekatron and Tierra.

Baroque
12th January 2016, 04:19 AM
I'm personally of a mind that the Tierra bit of Scout came first (it's the one depicted in Qlipper Launch) -- it attempts to run Sophia's whatever, fails to because oops, she's dead, and Tierra's program runs instead; that is, it's their wake-up call rather than the means they're employing.

Leading to the IT Guy's Biblically-Proportioned Worst Nightmare. If the Tierra name isn't just throwaway, then chances are they're probably going to be behaving in a way that aligns with this ol' thing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_(computer_simulation)) -- which given 'natural selection' and 'competing for time and space' is a thing, probably explains their status as a threat.

It'd also make the Infernoid reveal rather clever, given Tierra can also simulate host-parasite co-evolution.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 06:18 PM
I'm curious about the stories of the other archetypes in these sets, honestly; what are the Graydles, and what relation do they have with the Aliens? How did Luster Pendulum meet the Igknights, Majespecters, and Dinomists? When will we get a continuation to the exploits of the Summoners and their Familiars?

Baroque
3rd April 2016, 07:56 AM
I'm curious about the stories of the other archetypes in these sets, honestly; what are the Graydles, and what relation do they have with the Aliens? How did Luster Pendulum meet the Igknights, Majespecters, and Dinomists? When will we get a continuation to the exploits of the Summoners and their Familiars?
Those all, as far as I'm aware, aren't tied to the Duel Terminal lore (even in the case of the Charmers, the only Charmers to really have any shown ties to Duel Terminal plot are Eria and Wynn, and only Wynn had a direct link as far as I remember). And there's no real indicator that the 'non-Pendulum theme' of each set (Aromage, Graydle, Shiranui, soon Tramid) is of any relation to the 'Dracorival' plotline (consisting of Dracoslayer, Igknight, Majespecter, Dinomist, Dracoverlord, Amorphage archetypes thus far; name chosen because of the support spells' naming).

As for your questions in particular . . .
1) Graydles don't seem to have any actual relation to Aliens (at least, the "Alien" archetype). That they look alien is just the 'hat' they wear, so to speak, just like Aromage's 'hat' is 'magic people with incense themes' and the Phantom Knights' 'hat' is 'bits and pieces of equipment'.
2) There doesn't seem to be any cards to indicate a timeline for that, though Master Pendulum seems to imply that he met them over a period of time (a journey, if you will) and that he's become changed as a consequence.
3) No idea whatsoever. The Trap that ties them all together does imply a WIND familiar, but we've not seen hide nor hair of them -- however, the possibility remains that it may appear. For now, however, we just have to wait and see; as it stands, though, such a thing would likely appear in the generic card slots of a pack, if anything, so those are the best place to keep an eye on if any.