PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 80 Discussion

Cheesedude
1st November 2015, 04:11 AM
Non-Duel episode.

Will Yuya and Yuzu actually meet again? What is Sora's deal?

What's Jean-Michel Roger up to?

So yeah. Plot. Plot Plot. Plot. Plot. I hope.

Dyson Sphere
1st November 2015, 04:19 AM
Sora is really good at hiding his true colors i think he'll lure yuya in a trap then call in yuri to take yuyas place in the tournament (since for some reason no one even bothers to looks at clothes, hairstyle, or hair color of the yus and thinks theyre the same person) and deliver yuzu to academia

Mystic TimeKeeper
1st November 2015, 10:27 AM
Damn Roger, that maneuver was way too sly, and Yuya can't find peace wherever he goes.

Not even Crow is believing him, well, it makes sense that he would believe Shinji but give the guy more credit.

Synchro is starting to seriously piss me off.

Rygoken
1st November 2015, 12:14 PM
So what are the odds of shun winning against crow? I mean I like both characters but I like shun more. I also haven this feeling that crow is going to win cause of plot.

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 12:46 PM
I find funny no one in Arc-V used common sense: Yuya stopped the leader of a "rebellion", so of course the boss of Security is going to thank him (Also because of his dueling skills), no need to overthink it Shinji. Oh, and the Yuuri hype still makes me want to see him duel.

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 01:09 PM
So, everyone is a blatant idiot and jumps to conclusions without thinking things through. I was wondering why I wasn't able to get into Arc-V like I did the others...

Mystic TimeKeeper
1st November 2015, 01:17 PM
So, everyone is a blatant idiot and jumps to conclusions without thinking things through. I was wondering why I wasn't able to get into Arc-V like I did the others...

Not everyone. Only Synchro people.

I can bet on Xyz people being the best people in the universe.

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 01:30 PM

I was reffering to Synchro Dimension people, not everyone.

yshipster
1st November 2015, 01:48 PM
Watched this just for ep81 preview. New RR, Rise Falcon protected by Mirror Barrier and Blaze Falcons effect being blocked by Raikiri made me not disappointed.
Now I have to wait an entire week to know who's going to win...

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 01:56 PM
Watched this just for ep81 preview. New RR, Rise Falcon protected by Mirror Barrier and Blaze Falcons effect being blocked by Raikiri made me not disappointed.
Now I have to wait an entire week to know who's going to win...

So much time passed since Rise Falcon wrecked someone in a full duel.

Mari
1st November 2015, 04:22 PM
Whose plot armor is stronger, Blackwings or Shun's?

Shun Kurosaki
1st November 2015, 04:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FLYXYYN.png

This battle should be pay-per-view.

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 05:09 PM
Whose plot armor is stronger, Blackwings or Shun's?

Shun's since he is the advancing plot personified:
-Shun dueled LDS Trio: Alliance with Reiji happened.
-Shun dueled Sora: Episode 37 happened.
-Shun dueled Dennis: Prison Arc happened.
-Shun dueled Dennis for a 2nd time: King's Gambit happened.

Dread Kaiser
1st November 2015, 06:42 PM
Shun's since he is the advancing plot personified:
-Shun dueled LDS Trio: Alliance with Reiji happened.
-Shun dueled Sora: Episode 37 happened.
-Shun dueled Dennis: Prison Arc happened.
-Shun dueled Dennis for a 2nd time: King's Gambit happened.

Crow made teh second half of 5D's happen

ARC V Crow has ....done more or less nothing up til now. Won his Debut Duel as expected, got captured, made flashy enterance (not in that order)

Shuns Armor is Definately more worn out, and Crow as a reason to be pissed off (And we've seen how well that works for Yuya and Shun) and needs some screentime (never thought I'd say that...)

Meanwhile Shun has definately had his Climax already with his match against Dennis, Remember the LAST time he Dropped the Hype bomb, he didn't do anything significant the rest of the season.

My Money is on the OG Birds.

Sotavento
1st November 2015, 07:08 PM
I'm rooting for Shun, but the plot would be safer if Crow wins. Why?

Shun has had more character development than any other in the anime. Everyone pretty much keep on being the same idiots they were since their introduction, except Shun, Serena and (ofc bc protag) Yuya. If Shun wins, it would not be healthy, in my opinion. I'd rather have him losing for real in an official duel. Him going to the underground might be the key to know what the fuck is going on in there. It's been like 10 episodes since we don't know shit about Sawatari and friends ft. Tsukikage. So personally, as much as I love Shun, that's probably his plot armor destiny.

yshipster
1st November 2015, 07:23 PM
Konami right now: "Enough with those RRs, time to sell more Blackwings... again!"

Dyson Sphere
1st November 2015, 07:26 PM
how about they fuse and we get RaidWings

yshipster
1st November 2015, 07:32 PM
how about they fuse and we get RaidWings

Shun absorbing Crow and becoming the new main character confirmed?

KingJinzo
1st November 2015, 10:03 PM
I would like the duel to be draw and both of them go to the underground. Either that or both advance, so Yuya can duel... just make another Battle Royale. Yuya vs Yugo vs Kurosaki vs Crow vs Sergey. The winner duels Jack.

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 10:38 PM
I would like the duel to be draw and both of them go to the underground. Either that or both advance, so Yuya can duel... just make another Battle Royale. Yuya vs Yugo vs Kurosaki vs Crow vs Sergey. The winner duels Jack.

A la Battle City?

Cheesedude
1st November 2015, 11:29 PM
I would love to see a draw myself. Its always nice to see those, they happen so rarely. I'm not sure how that would affect future match-ups in the tournament though, so I don't see it happening here.

Episode itself was good. Roger really pulled a fast one there.

....and now even I want Shinji to shut up. Would still like to see him again, but not if he's going to arbitrarily blame Yuya for everything.

Seems Sora is conflicted. He wants to trade Yuzu for Selena and send Selena back to Academia. But he considers Yuya and Yuzu his first friends. He's trying to play both sides and that's not going to work here. He has to pick one. Yuya won't work with him if he's intent on returning Selena to Academia and Leo would presumably not appreciate interference with capturing Yuzu.

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 11:39 PM
I would love to see a draw myself. Its always nice to see those, they happen so rarely. I'm not sure how that would affect future match-ups in the tournament though, so I don't see it happening here.

Episode itself was good. Roger really pulled a fast one there.

....and now even I want Shinji to shut up. Would still like to see him again, but not if he's going to arbitrarily blame Yuya for everything.

Seems Sora is conflicted. He wants to trade Yuzu for Selena and send Selena back to Academia. But he considers Yuya and Yuzu his first friends. He's trying to play both sides and that's not going to work here. He has to pick one. Yuya won't work with him if he's intent on returning Selena to Academia and Leo would presumably not appreciate interference with capturing Yuzu.

Let's admit Leo is a merciful leader sometimes; he didn't card his own son 3 years ago and didn't card Sora and Barret after failing their missions, he is an angel compared to Synchro Dimension logic. He might just try to reduce Sora instead of carding him, since for one reason he is chosen for missions: He is one of the best in Academia (Ofc not stronger as Yuuri but still one of the best).

Cheesedude
1st November 2015, 11:43 PM
He is, but there's a difference between failing your mission and intentionally messing up someone else's mission. Whatever Leo's plan is, the Yuzu and her counterparts are integral.

KingJinzo
1st November 2015, 11:45 PM
He might just try to reduce Sora
I think the word you are looking for is "to demote".

LolsterXD97
1st November 2015, 11:46 PM
I think the word you are looking for is "to demote".

Knock down, arrest, get him out of the way, etc .

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd November 2015, 09:25 AM
He is, but there's a difference between failing your mission and intentionally messing up someone else's mission. Whatever Leo's plan is, the Yuzu and her counterparts are integral.

If they don't want to card Sora they can still resort to brainwashing.

In a way it's better to be carded.

Sotavento
3rd November 2015, 04:15 AM
It would be really nice if they revealed Academia's true intentions, and whether the Slifer Force that attacked the Xyz Dimension was really a direct decision from Leo or not.

Sanokal
3rd November 2015, 08:24 AM
Oh, finally, I got around to watching this one.

As expected, Roget, AKA Magnificent Bastard extraordinaire has turned the Commons against Yuya. Even when he's no perfect, Roget still manages to impress me with his confidence. The shutdown of Shinji. The goddamn coin. Simply telling the bloody truth.

I actually feel sorry for Shinji. Think about it from his perspective; no wonder he flipped out like he did. The Tops have dumped on him his whole life, and he's been working his way towards a revolution. And then he gets beaten, and the guy who beat him is being treated all cuddly with Roget; AKA, pretty much another Tops. No wonder he wasn't thinking rationally.

As for Sora...still hate him. Even if he's garnered some sympathy. Yuya was impressive; he both refused to abandon Selena and he protected Sora. And he's savvy regarding the Professor. You can do it Yuya, we all believe in you! Zuzu meeting up with the kids was cute, and loved the little dig at Sylvio.

And finally, the next episode. Shay Obsidian vs. Crow Hogan. I never had a problem with either of them, and honestly don't know who will win. Either way, peeps will complain.

It's gonna be a smashing duel.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd November 2015, 12:00 PM
It would've really helped Yuya's case if he shrugged off Roger's grasp on his shoulder. Or stayed away from him. Or spoke back. Or something.

Mystic TimeKeeper
3rd November 2015, 12:02 PM
It would've really helped Yuya's case if he shrugged off Roger's grasp on his shoulder. Or stayed away from him. Or spoke back. Or something.

In his defense, he tried to speak but he was either ignored or muted by whoever decided to talk in his stead.

Also, his main concern was to search for Yuzu so I don't think he planned to piss off the one guy that could let him out.

Hope in the Interstice
3rd November 2015, 12:17 PM
In his defense, he tried to speak but he was either ignored or muted by whoever decided to talk in his stead.

Also, his main concern was to search for Yuzu so I don't think he planned to piss off the one guy that could let him out.
Yuya's not the sort who would suck up to Roger to sneak out. He didn't even ask him; he just tried to get on his bike and go. Yuya doesn't really think these things through.

Mystic TimeKeeper
3rd November 2015, 12:18 PM
Yuya's not the sort who would suck up to Roger to sneak out. He didn't even ask him; he just tried to get on his bike and go. Yuya doesn't really think these things through.

I know, but I was deluding myself that someone could reason things out in this anime instead of "MONSTER CARD!!!" every problem they have.

It is true that they didn't let him speak and it is true that Yuya was in a hurry so at the end of the day he was too distracted to notice this will bite at him hard.

Zarkiel
4th November 2015, 05:15 AM
I think this episode set the tone for the future. Academia is coming soon. I'm willing to bet it will be during shun's duel, since everything he does causes shit to go down. if not, then sergey's.

I would also like to point out some of the shit academia does like putting slifer red's in dungeons. Slackers can't get a break.

Hype for potential ancient gear golems since those were shown in the episode. Highly unlikely, but I really want t see someone use them. Preferably a commander crowler or something.

Hope in the Interstice
4th November 2015, 05:52 AM
I'm willing to bet it will be during shun's duel, since everything he does causes shit to go down. if not, then sergey's.
I'm willing to bet it'll be Yugo and Serena's duel that'll get interrupted.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th November 2015, 01:17 PM
Or it could be Yuya VS Jack, that's an option too.

Zarkiel
4th November 2015, 05:51 PM
Well based on the episode 82 description (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_-_Episode_082), I'd say sora's right on the money. Obelisk force will be there within minutes.

chaosbringer1234
4th November 2015, 10:37 PM
One week you say, this duel will most likely be 2 episodes long.

Sotavento
4th November 2015, 10:44 PM
You know, I believe there will be a DRAW between these bird users.

Why? You may ask.

Shun is doing all of this to rescue his sister. And Crow is doing something similar: He's dueling, and gaining everyone's sympathy to gain real equality between tops and commons. He tries to give his little "brothers" a better play to play in, better food, etc. They both are dueling for reasons of greater good.

EDIT: OMFG SPOILER ALERT DON'T CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_-_Episode_082
So apparently this enforces my theory.