PDA

View Full Version : Hands

SynjoDeonecros
1st November 2015, 10:17 PM
Are Ice and Fire Hands still viable, in today's meta? I know they're still going for a little bit, but I'm not sure if they're as good as they were, back in their heyday. I have 5 of each, going to sell 2, but the remaining 3 I want to keep for my own collection.

Dread Kaiser
1st November 2015, 10:20 PM
Mass Point field wipe is always nice, especially with Pendulums around

Pop scales and Field, if the opponent doesn't have a replacement set of scales handy, then they have a lot of their stuff trapped in the Extra deck where they otherwise can't touch it

of course if they do you wasted your time and probably a good chunk of life

in short, depends on what you are up against.

SynjoDeonecros
3rd November 2015, 07:27 PM
So, you're expecting them to get more use, when Pendulums start getting big again. and since Pendulums are going to get big with EMem and the like...

SynjoDeonecros
19th November 2015, 08:46 PM
So, anyone else have any ideas of whether Hands will get back into the limelight, in the next meta?

Momma_Sophie
19th November 2015, 09:54 PM
So, anyone else have any ideas of whether Hands will get back into the limelight, in the next meta?

I could see it.
Go for it.

clairedestroyer!
19th November 2015, 09:56 PM
Probably not. They still suffer from the fundamental weaknesses of needing destruction specifically (many decks are focusing on non-destruction removal currently for several reasons), the fact that they can be forced to miss timing, and the fact that in Pendulum Decks specifically, Wavering Eyes lets them shut off Ice Hand for free.

Drakylon
22nd November 2015, 05:35 AM
I don't see scale destruction to be very useful against EMEm these days, since they either have a floating scale up, or all their scales in their hand. And in any case, Twin Twister'll probably be a better card for that once it lands in TCG.

Pendulum
22nd November 2015, 11:35 AM
You really don't want to destroy those EMEm scales.
Hands are losing power. Yeah, they can be desruptive and thin your deck, but there are more viable options. Also, with the upcoming Solemn Notice, it'll be even easier do stop Hands.

SynjoDeonecros
19th May 2016, 02:19 AM
Well, I haven't done anything with my copies of the Hands, yet, so... I still want to try and build a Hand Traptrix deck, sometime (since the full HAT deck is still expensive for me, thanks to the Artifact support), but that's unlikely to happen, any time, soon...

SynjoDeonecros
16th June 2016, 11:01 PM
Okay, new set, new list, what is the opinions of the viability of the Hands nowadays?

SynjoDeonecros
19th June 2016, 12:21 AM
I guess, from the silence, the opinion of their viability isn't very high?

Sanokal
19th June 2016, 12:50 AM
They can probably whack Monarchs if the Monarchs actually destroys them, but not so Kozmos.

SynjoDeonecros
23rd June 2016, 05:51 PM
Well, apparently Monarchs have several ways of getting rid of them without destroying them, so that's a bummer.