PDA

View Full Version : Hilariously bad tag combinations

Shadok
2nd November 2015, 07:09 AM
To mods: Please shuffle this around if I put it in the wrong forum.

So, we always are thinking "What's the best combo I can make with this guy". The more proud of us will also be thinking "What's the best I can make with this guy which isn't a double-deck". But nobody really considers the best way they can royally completely mess over their partner.

But for fun, lets do exactly that! Lets make some combinations which would be atrocious, stepping on one-another's toes, blocking their best plays and generally resulting in a "with friends like these, who needs enemies" scenario. Not just combinations which don't synchronise but don't cause issues either. Ones which outright ruin one-another's fun.

Some combinations I've thought up:

Fire-Fist and Artifacts (Backrow dependency)
Monarchs and Quasar
DD (Different Dimension) and Shadolls/Lightsworn
Qliphort and Infernoids

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd November 2015, 09:29 AM
Add Superheavy Samurai and anything else that isn't a monster mash, though if you take Superheavy to a blind tag you must be either brave or totally insane.

It depends on the players bur RR and Synchron can play only one at a time because the monster zones are never enough.

Hope in the Interstice
2nd November 2015, 09:41 AM
Add Superheavy Samurai and anything else that isn't a monster mash, though if you take Superheavy to a blind tag you must be either brave or totally insane.

It depends on the players bur RR and Synchron can play only one at a time because the monster zones are never enough.
Superheavies and Prophecy.

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd November 2015, 10:00 AM
That moment when you play Prophecy and your partner drops 1st turn Spell Canceller...

Dyson Sphere
2nd November 2015, 12:47 PM
how about chicken game and aromages

Shadok
2nd November 2015, 12:52 PM
Partner plays down Necrovalley....

Welp I didn't want to win anyway.

Hope in the Interstice
2nd November 2015, 01:08 PM
how about chicken game and aromages
Actually, any two decks that need their Field Spell qualify. Kaiju and Kozmo.

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd November 2015, 02:01 PM
Partner plays down Necrovalley....

Welp I didn't want to play anyway.

This is more like what will happen.

Thanako
2nd November 2015, 02:54 PM
Playing with Monarchs, or playing Gusto, Yang Zing, or something similar that simply doesn't work at all when your friend is up to play.

Icematoro
2nd November 2015, 04:42 PM
9 Posts and nobody mentioned the classic?! Shame on you guys, SHAME.

Play any deck that requires graveyard to work, let's say Zombies.

Zombies are great for tags! If you use Zombie World, your partner can use and re-use anything in the grave with Mezuki and similars, now... what happens when your partner plays... Macrocosmos?

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 04:59 PM
Gladiator Beasts and any tribute or Synchro-heavy deck, like what Yusei likes to do in the Tag Force games.

Icematoro
2nd November 2015, 05:05 PM
Gladiator Beasts and any tribute or Synchro-heavy deck, like what Yusei likes to do in the Tag Force games.

To be fair, you shouldn't run Glad Beasts in Tags Period

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd November 2015, 08:03 PM
9 Posts and nobody mentioned the classic?! Shame on you guys, SHAME.

Play any deck that requires graveyard to work, let's say Zombies.

Zombies are great for tags! If you use Zombie World, your partner can use and re-use anything in the grave with Mezuki and similars, now... what happens when your partner plays... Macrocosmos?

It was so obvious! Why I didn't think of that sooner? maybe it's because the op already mentions it, how silly!

seppee
2nd November 2015, 09:26 PM
It was so obvious! Why I didn't think of that sooner? maybe it's because the op already mentions it, how silly!

LMAO. Good job healing dude.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd November 2015, 09:29 PM
I keep hearing that you should never pair Pendulums with an Xyz-heavy strategy, without a lot of recursion, at least. Suggestions?

seppee
2nd November 2015, 09:36 PM
I keep hearing that you should never pair Pendulums with an Xyz-heavy strategy, without a lot of recursion, at least. Suggestions?

Depends on the Pendulum deck, of course playing Qlis with a random will cause problems.

Icematoro
2nd November 2015, 11:03 PM

Sounds like something you'd apply to Deck Building, but to tags? As long your partner's not running Qlis, you're likely to use the scales (if generic) or completely forget about them (If Archtype locked like Zefra or DDD).

I guess it could be about either your partner using your Pendulums for XYZ summoning (Which sucks if you'd rather re-use them, but that's easily solved [Most of the time...] just by telling your partner you need that monster), or your pendulms getting stuck on your partner's Extra deck (you should have seen that one coming at the moment you picked pendulums for a Tag)

With that said, I've been both, the Pendulum guy, and the XYZ guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejSSaIdqBQ) in this kind of scenario, and it usually ends pretty well.

LolsterXD97
2nd November 2015, 11:11 PM
Qlis and any deck that Special Summons (Thanks dude, now I can enjoy the tag even more being a spectator!).
Exodia and any deck except more Exodia (Yes, it happens, one time I battled 1 Exodia Tag but at least it had some fun besides 6 Swords of Revealing Light) (Thanks for the support man!).
Monarchs and any deck that bothers using Extra (Hey, you blocked my main style but don't worry, it isn't like I can't play or something).
Psy-Frames and anything (Don't worry, I will do all the job for you).

Some of these have been mentioned, but just mentioning them because these are the ones that are ocurring to me right now.

Butter
6th November 2015, 07:32 AM
Koa'ki Meiru and anything.

That's probably the funniest one imo

ARKhaven
6th November 2015, 01:33 PM
Bujins. Anything with Bujins and you're screwed

Butter
6th November 2015, 05:08 PM
Malefic Town?

manestor
9th November 2015, 08:33 PM
Spellbooks and Zombie World (none of the spellbooks work if you won't have a Spellcaster and all monsters are now Zombies)

JoJoToast
10th November 2015, 05:55 AM
LS and pretty much anything, they will mill your deck and usually blow away your scales and backrow with JD, or clog the monster zones with so many monsters that all you can do is play with their cards :eek:

Shadok
10th November 2015, 11:34 AM
LS and pretty much anything, they will mill your deck and usually blow away your scales and backrow with JD, or clog the monster zones with so many monsters that all you can do is play with their cards :eek:

Extra points if they then proceed to get PISSY as all HELL for you using their cards. I've had that a few times and I'm like "What else can I do, dude?"

ChaseLumsden
10th November 2015, 01:40 PM
Speaking of LS hate, Lightsworn/Dark World. Oh look, I clogged up my Deck full of cards I can no longer use. What should I possibly do?

Amy Liad
10th November 2015, 09:08 PM
Anything with my cousin playing Genex. Like, dayum, he makes a good Genex deck. But it's still Genex, so it doesn't work with anything. Like, at all. Ever. Why he hasn't given up on it is beyond me.

Evilswarm/Kaiju is also pretty awful. Naw, it's alright, go ahead and bring out Ophion. It's not like the Kaiju player wants to play the game anyway.

SynjoDeonecros
11th November 2015, 02:47 AM
Bujin/Pendulum would be rather terrible.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ
15th November 2015, 12:43 PM
I was playing Evilswarm on Millennium Duels for Xbox 360 one time and went for random tags, had a Dragunity Ruler partner for one of them and Mermail for another.

Amaryllis
4th December 2015, 12:40 AM
Deck compatibility: Ghostrick/Noble Knights and Chain Burn
Irony: Infernity and Hands