PDA

View Full Version : What are the common card themes used by each protagonist?

Hope in the Interstice
4th November 2015, 07:52 AM
On a side note, perhaps it would've been a better idea to organise the sub threads into each spin-off and Duel Monsters while the main forum discusses the anime in general. But anyway...

So I've been thinking about the common cards between each of the five Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists. So far, I have:

A 2500 ATK signature monster (Dark Magician, Elemental HERO Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon)
A defensive card (Mirror Force, Hero Barrier, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, Half Unbreak, and Miracle)
A small support monster (Kuriboh, Winged Kuriboh, too many for Yusei, Rainbow Kuriboh, Performapal Hip Hippo and Tuning Magician)

Can you describe any others?

Mofiz
4th November 2015, 08:49 AM
Everyone but YUSEI has a waifu, also a kuriboh ( junkuriboh in yuseis Case)

Sanokal
4th November 2015, 09:05 AM
Balanced offensive and defensive options.

- - - Updated - - -

Yusei has a waifu: Effect Veiler.

Hope in the Interstice
4th November 2015, 09:32 AM
Balanced offensive and defensive options.
Could you expand on this a bit more?

Sanokal
4th November 2015, 09:52 AM
Could you expand on this a bit more?

They often have cards to deal with a wide variety of situations, even if we ignore a large amount of anime one-offs. Contrast the rivals, who all use offensive power decks.

Are you thinking of writing a fanfiction, by any chance?

Hope in the Interstice
4th November 2015, 10:00 AM
They often have cards to deal with a wide variety of situations, even if we ignore a large amount of anime one-offs. Contrast the rivals, who all use offensive power decks.

Are you thinking of writing a fanfiction, by any chance?
No but my mind's going in sorta the same places and I wanted to figure out more what individual cards they all shared for such situations.

Indytotof
4th November 2015, 10:35 AM

Effect Veiler for Yusei.

Mofiz
4th November 2015, 10:45 AM
Effect Veiler for Yusei.

Doesnt have the big eyes and people even debate if its more than just a Hand trap. Not a Good waifu

Pendulum
4th November 2015, 12:49 PM
Effect Veiler only appeared in four episodes, according to the Wikia. Not a good waifu, indeed.

Jolan
4th November 2015, 12:59 PM
Everyone knows Yusei is married to his duel runner.

Sanokal
4th November 2015, 05:55 PM
Effect Veiler only appeared in four episodes, according to the Wikia. Not a good waifu, indeed.

And Jaden's appeared for even less then that.

Icematoro
4th November 2015, 06:43 PM

Wouldn't Elemental Hero Burstinatrix count?

Mofiz
4th November 2015, 07:26 PM

Doesn't matter. Big eyes, loli/cute girl, stupidly useless. Fits.

Sanokal
4th November 2015, 07:51 PM
Don't forget ace-specific support. And usually more than one powerful monster in addition to their ace, like Summoned Skull, Flame Wingman, Junk Warrior, Leviathan Dragon/Excalibur and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Mofiz
4th November 2015, 08:14 PM
Don't forget ace-specific support. And usually more than one powerful monster in addition to their ace, like Summoned Skull, Flame Wingman, Junk Warrior, Leviathan Dragon/Excalibur and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Yugis second Ace is Black Luster Soldier, not Summoned Skull. Leviathan Dragon wasn't used after a few episodes and Dark Rebellion belongs to Yuto, if any then Elephammer

Sanokal
4th November 2015, 10:10 PM
Yugis second Ace is Black Luster Soldier, not Summoned Skull. Leviathan Dragon wasn't used after a few episodes and Dark Rebellion belongs to Yuto, if any then Elephammer

Summoned Skull was quite literally Yugi's ace before getting Dark Magician. To be honest, Yugi's tended to vary since his deck actually changed around a bit. Leviathan Dragon served that function in the first arc. Yes it does. Doesn't change the fact that it's effectively filling that role in Yuya's deck in addition.

Mofiz
5th November 2015, 05:11 AM
Summoned Skull was quite literally Yugi's ace before getting Dark Magician. To be honest, Yugi's tended to vary since his deck actually changed around a bit. Leviathan Dragon served that function in the first arc. Yes it does. Doesn't change the fact that it's effectively filling that role in Yuya's deck in addition.

Yugi had Dark Magician since Episode 1, I dont know what you are talking about. Summoned skull was just one of his lower cards like curse of Dragon and gaia. Bls was obviously his Second ace, noticable at how he asspulls it in serious stuations. Leviathan was only Show for very few usages against nonames, yuya really was only a hope spammer and drxd will return back to yuto Anyway, It's just a trmporar card that will fade away. Enlingtment is more of a Second boss since its a creation of his Magician

Sanokal
5th November 2015, 05:22 AM
Yugi had Dark Magician since Episode 1, I dont know what you are talking about. Summoned skull was just one of his lower cards like curse of Dragon and gaia. Bls was obviously his Second ace, noticable at how he asspulls it in serious stuations. Leviathan was only Show for very few usages against nonames, yuya really was only a hope spammer and drxd will return back to yuto Anyway, It's just a trmporar card that will fade away. Enlingtment is more of a Second boss since its a creation of his Magician

In the manga, I was talking about. He barely even used BLS, making it fill a different kind of role. Riiiiight, so Kite and Vetrix (admittedly, the use against Vetrix was a definite cameo). In all seriousness, Leviathan Dragon was a large part of the strategy in the first arc; there were at least two occasions when Astral discussed bringing it out. Also, you're speculating about the ARC-V stuff.

Dread Kaiser
5th November 2015, 05:35 AM

How are you forgetting the Dark Magician Girl....

Asspulling it once isn't really what I would use to define what an Ace is, secondary or otherwise. otherwise many MANY things would qualify (Numeron Dragon, Quasar....tooooo many)
Especially since BLS was basically never mentioned again and only showed up to be demoted to fusion fodder with Ultimate Dragon, All Anime only too. in the manga he was one and done.

Meanwhile, Dark Magician girl Also had her own Asspull Debut, and since then basically served as a secondary boss monster and making regular appearances, usually functioning as Dark Magician Lite (that is to say, using her for "Magican requiring cards" like Magic Cylinder VS Slifer). Further having more importance when she shows up in the Orichalcos arc too

I'd still say Summoned Skull > BLS in that regard too, given not only did Skull get more use, it actually had some in deck support in the form of Makiu. There was also Kaibas reaction to it when it was first summoned against him too.

I know you like BLS and all, but I honestly can't see how you can suggest BLS is the secondary ace. He is stronger then his actual ace, weaker then his other big monsters (like Valkeryon, the Gods etc) and really showed up as a monster once.

I'd also Call 17 Yumas secondary ace......only for lack of other Canidates not named Utopia. other Canidates are basically Excalibur, the Djinns (collectively), every other Number (Collectively) and a case could be made for Gogogo Golem, as he actually uses that as a standalone monster quite a few times (with a decent record behind it mind you)

Yuya, Dark Rebellion. No arguments. he clearly relies on that when Odd-eyes isn't an option/is already upgraded. Hell it basically replaced Odd-eyes after he got it for a while. Enlightenment Paladin may come in and steal the thunder but too soon to say

Mofiz
5th November 2015, 05:51 AM
How are you forgetting the Dark Magician Girl....

Asspulling it once isn't really what I would use to define what an Ace is, secondary or otherwise. otherwise many MANY things would qualify (Numeron Dragon, Quasar....tooooo many)
Especially since BLS was basically never mentioned again and only showed up to be demoted to fusion fodder with Ultimate Dragon, All Anime only too. in the manga he was one and done.

Meanwhile, Dark Magician girl Also had her own Asspull Debut, and since then basically served as a secondary boss monster and making regular appearances, usually functioning as Dark Magician Lite (that is to say, using her for "Magican requiring cards" like Magic Cylinder VS Slifer). Further having more importance when she shows up in the Orichalcos arc too

I'd still say Summoned Skull > BLS in that regard too, given not only did Skull get more use, it actually had some in deck support in the form of Makiu. There was also Kaibas reaction to it when it was first summoned against him too.

I know you like BLS and all, but I honestly can't see how you can suggest BLS is the secondary ace. He is stronger then his actual ace, weaker then his other big monsters (like Valkeryon, the Gods etc) and really showed up as a monster once.

I'd also Call 17 Yumas secondary ace......only for lack of other Canidates not named Utopia. other Canidates are basically Excalibur, the Djinns (collectively), every other Number (Collectively) and a case could be made for Gogogo Golem, as he actually uses that as a standalone monster quite a few times (with a decent record behind it mind you)

Yuya, Dark Rebellion. No arguments. he clearly relies on that when Odd-eyes isn't an option/is already upgraded. Hell it basically replaced Odd-eyes after he got it for a while. Enlightenment Paladin may come in and steal the thunder but too soon to say

Magician Girl is the second ace in another way, More like a Support to the actual Ace. I would even call both kinda the same since during the End of the Series, against Barbaros, Ra and Sin Paradox they were always used together.
Judging by the Anime and his stolen Deck in GX, BLS (Envoy of the Beginning) was pretty much the most deadly part about his Deck (except for the Gods who vanished). It was barely there but you knew shit was going serious when he did, hence why I recall him as the Secondary Ace. Also there was that part in the Anime where he became it to fight Zorc for a while.

If any, then I would still say Excalibur. He even used it here and then and it was quite useful,he had more feelings for it. Leviathan was there for a few Episodes and then... I don't even remember when he used it last time.

I try to count out DRXD since it will go away anyway. It's not really part of his Deck, if we are honest. And if the rest of the Yus die, neither will the other Dragons. So isn't Tuning Magician (I guess?) but I think he will keep it since noone wants it and she has Magician in her name. Enlightment is his own Creation and an Evolution of his very own Magicians hence why I would call it a fitting Second ace. I'm talking about them more more as a generic Deck, not Arc specific.

Dread Kaiser
5th November 2015, 06:09 AM
I try to count out DRXD since it will go away anyway. It's not really part of his Deck, if we are honest. And if the rest of the Yus die, neither will the other Dragons. So isn't Tuning Magician (I guess?) but I think he will keep it since noone wants it and she has Magician in her name. Enlightment is his own Creation and an Evolution of his very own Magicians hence why I would call it a fitting Second ace. I'm talking about them more more as a generic Deck, not Arc specific.

Thats speculation, For all we know Yuto will stay dead/Merged or will come back and just give Yuya the dragon for the final battle A la End of 5D's

And I still can't see how you say BLS is the secondary ace, especially if you are referring to Envoy as Yugi never used it. what should qualify it as an ace is how much it was relied on, not how good it was (in-universe or out)...especially since Envoy would have been a very poor card for a protag to have. don't usually want to give the MC something so overpowered, its why Turbo warrior disappeared. but I digress

Yugi never used Envoy and the original was demoted to fodder to fuse into Dragon master knight, who then got exploded 2 of 3 times by some ancient Demon thing. I wouldn't exactly call that reliable

if you want to count alternate versions of the Monsters, then Gaia beats him out too as I do not recall Yugi ever relying on BLS to take down floatation rings
....unless you want to Count Gaia as an alternate BLS....

Mofiz
5th November 2015, 06:28 AM
Thats speculation, For all we know Yuto will stay dead/Merged or will come back and just give Yuya the dragon for the final battle A la End of 5D's

And I still can't see how you say BLS is the secondary ace, especially if you are referring to Envoy as Yugi never used it. what should qualify it as an ace is how much it was relied on, not how good it was (in-universe or out)...especially since Envoy would have been a very poor card for a protag to have. don't usually want to give the MC something so overpowered, its why Turbo warrior disappeared. but I digress

Yugi never used Envoy and the original was demoted to fodder to fuse into Dragon master knight, who then got exploded 2 of 3 times by some ancient Demon thing. I wouldn't exactly call that reliable

if you want to count alternate versions of the Monsters, then Gaia beats him out too as I do not recall Yugi ever relying on BLS to take down floatation rings
....unless you want to Count Gaia as an alternate BLS....

I'm very certain, they won't keep him dead. That would be kind of.. fucked up for a childrens show (yeah I know Antinomy but 5D's was different anyway), especially with Ruri still having no clue of anything. But even if he gets the Dragons for a Duel, it will return anyway. you can't really take away Yutos OTK win card.

He never used it "on-screen". Appearently for some fucked up reasons, he had it and DMOC after DM and it's appearently "the ture power of his Deck" or whatever Copycat said...anyway. I think we have different Ace interpretations. To me, it seems like his secret move if he is in a serious situation. Also the Gods are pretty broken themselves, the Tribute part didn't seem to matter that much since he usually splashed them away. I actually think 1 or 2 overpowered bosscards are fitting for MCs. Yusei had Shooting Star and I will ignore anything from Yuma
I was thinking about the Gaia = BLS part but not sure if it's the case in-series. In RL and in Video Games it is, but until we see the next movie I'm not certain if the series will adapt that.

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 01:52 PM
Cool, powerful warriors or warrior-like monsters in armor or have swords.
DM: Black Luster Soldier, Buster Blader, Dark Paladin and Valkyrion.
GX: Bladedge and his fusions.
5D's: Road Warrior.
ZEXAL: Basically every Utopia, and Excalibur.
ARC-V: Enlightment Paladin.

Dragons and dragon-like monsters.
DM: Ra, Slifer/Osiris, Curse of Dragon, Gaia the Dragon Champ, The Winged Dragon #1.
GX: Yubel the Ultimate Terror (not really, but just the thought of it), Five-Headed Dragon (cameo only, never played).
5D's: Stardust, Stardust/Assault, Majestic Star, Shooting Star, Shooting Quasar,
ZEXAL: Leviathan, Numeron, every never-used Number dragon Yuma ever had
ARC-V: Odd-Eyes, Odd-Eyes Pendulum, Odd-Eyes Saber, Odd-Eyes Rebellion, Dark Rebellion, Rune-Eyes, Beast-Eyes

3000 ATK, most often barely used.
DM: Black Luster Soldier
GX: Magma Neos, Chaos Neos, Storm Neos
5D's: Road Warrior, Stardust/Assault
ZEXAL: Utopia Beyond
ARC-V: Odd-Eyes Rebellion, Rune-Eyes, Beast-Eyes (possibly exceptions of barely used, but not used too often either)

2800 ATK that are barely used.
DM: Timaeus, and the other knights might count, too
GX: Marine Neos, Tempest
5D's: Nitro Warrior (8 appearances, 7 OTKs in five duels)
ZEXAL: Utopia Ray Victory (...yeah)
ARC-V: Odd-Eyes Saber

Well, we could go on with almost every other x-ATK, e.g. 2600 ATK (Buster Blader, Bladedge, Wildedge, Plasma Vice, Junk Destroyer, Utopia Ray V, Elephammer), but we got it.

Hope in the Interstice
5th November 2015, 01:56 PM
A really impressive list
THat's actually really impressive. Can you think of others in terms of spells and traps?

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 02:05 PM
Monster Reborn, except for Yusei.
Spells that let you draw cards, POT OF GREED, Graceful Charity, Card of Sancity, Mirage of Nightmare, Angel Baton, Gagaga Draw, Shuffle Reborn, etc.
Protective Traps were already mentioned earlier.

Deadborder
5th November 2015, 05:18 PM
Honestly most of the protagonists' decks are fairly generic

They follow a vague theme based on the character but usually include a lot of similar "cool" monsters like dragons, warriors, machines, and spellcasters to appeal to kids.

There may be an overarching strategy but a broad one, like Judai's HEROes being about fusing or Yuya using pendulums. Even things like Yusei's deck, which originally seemed to be more defense-oriented, shifts to a more general concept of "whatever" because it's easier for the writer to shove in random quick fixes instead of coming up with victories that follow the original image of the deck or character.

Dread Kaiser
5th November 2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Hated that
Part 2 Yusei just devolved into "Throw Stardust at it"
Yuma was "Throw ALL of the Utopia" from the start

And even the GX writers couldn't get Neos Contact Fusions off regularly

Deadborder
5th November 2015, 05:43 PM
In particular, Zexal ran into duel issues - which I assume is probably in part a result of its setting.

Imagine if Zexal was a standard battle shounen instead of a card game shounen and it makes more sense: "Kid finds magic weapon and must use it to find the other magic weapons, since only a magic weapon can stop another magic weapon."

This lends itself to the usual monster of the week format, fight the thing, get the weapon, etc. And in most cases, this usually means the new weapon of the week will be the most important part.

But what happens when this concept is turned into a card game anime? It means that most of the time, it'll be the main character using their weapon to fight the opponent and their weapon - but this runs directly against the battle system of Yugioh, where you usually attack something to immediately kill it.

So in order to actually show several instances of the monster fights, you have to make up a bunch of stuff to prevent destruction, negate effects, revive the monster,etc.

This all seems to be a logical extension from 5Ds, which had a similar concept of "these monsters are the most important" and had its own share of constantly protecting the ace, especially in the later half of the series.

Sanokal
5th November 2015, 05:45 PM
Let's be perfectly honest; the dueling issues started back in GX and continued through 5D's before hitting their peak in ZEXAL.

Dread Kaiser
5th November 2015, 05:53 PM
Basically, though 5D's part 1 didn't have much of that issue. but part 2 was even worse then Zexal
Yusei's deck worked as such
Summon Shooting Star, The rest of the deck is cards to keep it alive. Odd as Anime!Shooting Star was nigh indestructable (Quick effect Dodge and its Anti-Destruction effect had unlimited usage)

its always been a rule that important monsters have to be beaten by other monsters (and Death by monster effect has a 50% chance of working)

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 06:34 PM
its always been a rule that important monsters have to be beaten by other monsters (and Death by monster effect has a 50% chance of working)

Yeah, Atem and Yugi defeating Egyptian Gods with Magnet Warriors is very different to the spin-offs. Atem's victories are much more creative than the others because he never spammed Dark Magician or Slifer in every duel and won with them. He always used something different, while the other protagonists use their aces too often. Which ironically is how the game actually works, as many decks are build around certain ace monsters. Atem's deck is logically the weakest because it would never work in real life, but his deck is much more creative to work with.

I remember when Yusei dueled the guard robot. After breaking the robot's combo, Yusei could have just change Junk Warrior to Attack Position, attack and win. No, he Synchro Summoned Stardust Dragon for literally no reason and did 200 more unnecessary damage.

Dread Kaiser
5th November 2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah, Atem and Yugi defeating Egyptian Gods with Magnet Warriors is very different to the spin-offs. Atem's victories are much more creative than the others because he never spammed Dark Magician or Slifer in every duel and won with them. He always used something different, while the other protagonists use their aces too often. Which ironically is how the game actually works, as many decks are build around certain ace monsters. Atem's deck is logically the weakest because it would never work in real life, but his deck is much more creative to work with.

I remember when Yusei dueled the guard robot. After breaking the robot's combo, Yusei could have just change Junk Warrior to Attack Position, attack and win. No, he Synchro Summoned Stardust Dragon for literally no reason and did 200 more unnecessary damage.

It would have been bad storytelling to Let him use God whenever.

Thats why he never used Slifer til the finals, where all his opponents had access to something comparable. it would be a complete Drama kill. as for the Dark Magician, it was merely "his rarest card" for a long while. It wasn't til like halfway through did the Magician have any real significance. and once he had all 3 Gods, he lost access to them (in the anime) or there were no more Card games (in the manga).

and I wouldn't call Atem's deck the weakest, don't forget Archetypes were not a thing at the time, every deck was Your40best/favoitecards.dek. Hell the fact it DIDN'T depend on some card or combo like most other characters is what made it the so good in-universe.

if we had to call someones decks the weakest, it would be Yuma (completely dependant on 1 monster and Zexal ex Machina-related stuff to support it, Go first set Solemn, GG) or Jaden (Loads of incredibly situational cards and a very resource draining Strategy, think about how well Jaden would have done if Pot of Greed was banned in-universe too)

Yusei had the best, no question, as...well he simply had the most Extra. he didn't rely on Bullshit like Yuma, situational cards like Jaden and had other monsters he can fall back on if Stardust wouldn't do the job.
Yuya is shaping to be a nice runner up as he is getting more and more flexible.

LolsterXD97
5th November 2015, 07:44 PM
Mini-ace:
Yugi/Atem: Dark Magician Girl.
Judai: Elemental HERO Flame Wingman.
Yusei: Junk Warrior.
Yuma: I don't know since all was about Hope (Maybe Leviathan Dragon since that was his most used Number besides Hope or Heroic Champion - Excalibur)...
Yuya: Performapal Elephammer.

Cards with broken effects to counter the main villian's or any other opponent's broken shit in 1st place:
Yugi/Atem: Egyptian Gods and basically any plot device used by Atem (Underworld Circle as an example).
Judai: God Neos (Now Painful Choice would give you a free Fusion?), Super Polymerization (In the Anime it ignored Summoning Conditions so it could work even with Neos Fusions), Effect Shut, etc.
Yusei: Shooting Star Dragon (Which was nearly invincible), Shooting Quasar Dragon and Gathering Wishes.
Yuma: Utopia Beyond (Read the fucking first line of his Anime effect), Tsukumo Slash (Situational but ridiculous) and Endless Bond.
Yuya: Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon (OTK Machine if your opponent controls at least 2 level 7 or lower monsters, if they didn't die from the burn effect) and Misdirection Wing (This is until now the most broken card Yuya has, I expect more brokeness when going full Yami Yuya).

This isn't cards, but attemps of the protagonists to make infinite loops:
Yugi/Atem: The Revival Jam loop to beat its opponent by deck out thanks to Cards of Safe Return.
Judai: The failed loop attemped at Venominon with Wildedge.
Yusei: I don't remember right now.
Yuma: The infinite loop with DWZ - Chimera Clad when he was at Dark ZEXAL.
Yuya: The loop with Raingoat and Seesawhopper against Chojiro.

Sanokal
5th November 2015, 08:35 PM
It would have been bad storytelling to Let him use God whenever.

Thats why he never used Slifer til the finals, where all his opponents had access to something comparable. it would be a complete Drama kill. as for the Dark Magician, it was merely "his rarest card" for a long while. It wasn't til like halfway through did the Magician have any real significance. and once he had all 3 Gods, he lost access to them (in the anime) or there were no more Card games (in the manga).

and I wouldn't call Atem's deck the weakest, don't forget Archetypes were not a thing at the time, every deck was Your40best/favoitecards.dek. Hell the fact it DIDN'T depend on some card or combo like most other characters is what made it the so good in-universe.

if we had to call someones decks the weakest, it would be Yuma (completely dependant on 1 monster and Zexal ex Machina-related stuff to support it, Go first set Solemn, GG) or Jaden (Loads of incredibly situational cards and a very resource draining Strategy, think about how well Jaden would have done if Pot of Greed was banned in-universe too)

Yusei had the best, no question, as...well he simply had the most Extra. he didn't rely on Bullshit like Yuma, situational cards like Jaden and had other monsters he can fall back on if Stardust wouldn't do the job.
Yuya is shaping to be a nice runner up as he is getting more and more flexible.

Honestly, Yugi probably had the best spell/trap lineup, especially when you look at the manga where his cards are less situational overall. He did try and use the Gods when they did R, but he didn't rely on them, which was rather nice. And Yuma's deck was a massive shame of wasted potential: simply using his main archetype engines and ing things up with his different Numbers alone would have been glorious just from that small change. Ah, I can't wait to write his next chapter for Dissidia...

Volteccer
3rd December 2015, 01:00 AM
Yuma had a lot of potential. He runs a lot of different levels, including a couple that can change levels. He could have switched between all if his numbers as needed. But, all too quickly, he began sticking to just utopia. So, he doesn't really have a secondary boss.

LolsterXD97
3rd December 2015, 01:02 AM
Yuma had a lot of potential. He runs a lot of different levels, including a couple that can change levels. He could have switched between all if his numbers as needed. But, all too quickly, he began sticking to just utopia. So, he doesn't really have a secondary boss.

He technically had F0 when he was obligatory stripped of Hope thanks to Numeron Dragon.

Pendulum
3rd December 2015, 01:02 AM

4. The only Level that started to matter.
He doesn't have a secondary boss because his only boss has a billion forms.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2015, 01:49 AM

The fact that he had Xyz he went to in place of 39 on occasion says, yes, he had a secondary boss. Number 17, later replaced by Excalibur

More sickening, it was shown that he COULD use the other numbers. effectively at that. like against the shadow giant where he summoned Volcasaurus and Atlandis in 1 go. hell he'd have FTK'd if he summoned Focus Force instead to negate unformed void.

name a IRL deck that can Drop a rank 5 and 6 with no setup, turn 1 (inb4 "name a IRL deck that uses a rank 5 and 6 not named cyber dragons")

- - - Updated - - -

4. The only Level that started to matter.
He doesn't have a secondary boss because his only boss has a billion forms.

actually at the time, R4NK wasn't really a thing. 7 was the bullshit rank at the time. the R4NK toolbox didn't become a thing til Ark and Nukeroach, before that it was rather balanced, had some stupid things like Lavalval and Shock of course, but not much else.

Sanokal
3rd December 2015, 02:47 AM
The fact that he had Xyz he went to in place of 39 on occasion says, yes, he had a secondary boss. Number 17, later replaced by Excalibur

More sickening, it was shown that he COULD use the other numbers. effectively at that. like against the shadow giant where he summoned Volcasaurus and Atlandis in 1 go. hell he'd have FTK'd if he summoned Focus Force instead to negate unformed void.

name a IRL deck that can Drop a rank 5 and 6 with no setup, turn 1 (inb4 "name a IRL deck that uses a rank 5 and 6 not named cyber dragons")

- - - Updated - - -

actually at the time, R4NK wasn't really a thing. 7 was the bullshit rank at the time. the R4NK toolbox didn't become a thing til Ark and Nukeroach, before that it was rather balanced, had some stupid things like Lavalval and Shock of course, but not much else.

Not to mention they banned Shock over here not long after.