PDA

View Full Version : Reiji's True Ace: Hell Armageddon or Abyss Ragnarok?

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 02:48 PM
So far, Reiji has dueled only thriced in the first 80 episodes, and he hasn't gone full on in any duel. In his first duel, it seems like Reiji was going to be the first Kaiba expy since Kaiser to have three copies of an ace monster in form of Hell Armageddon. However, in his third duel, Reiji introduces Abyss Ragnarok and make him evolve twice. Since this duel, I was questioning which one of them is Reiji's actual (base) ace card.

Let's look at Hell Armageddon. Hell Armageddon has the traditional 3000 ATK and is truly a beatstick. Reiji has three copies of it in his deck, just like Kaiba and his three Blue-Eyes, and Kaiser with his three Cyber Dragons. Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect is odd, however. If a monster you controls is destroyed, Hell Armageddon gains its original ATK until the end of the turn. It's basically an offensive tank. Your opponent has a hard time to overrun it, but you can also purposely destroy one of your own monsters during your turn to power-up Hell Armageddon. Otherwise, Hell Armageddon doesn't do much as being just a beatstick. This is not bad, since Blue-Eyes, Cyber End, Red Daemon's and Galaxy-Eyes are also beatsticks. However, Red Daemon's has the effect to destroy all of the opponent's Defense Position monsters, while Galaxy-Eyes is a counter to Xyz Monsters, so they have more functions than just being beatsticks. Armed Dragon LV7 and LV10 can also do more than just being beatsticks, so does Shark Drake. But in the end, all those mentioned aces are designed to make much damage as possible. Aside from that, Hell Armageddon's Pendulum Effect can buff D/D monsters.

Now looking at Abyss Ragnarok, he has much more utility than Hell Armageddon. While Hell Armageddon is for buffing, Abyss Ragnarok is for swarming. In real life, most D/D players would include Abyss Ragnarok while they leave Hell Armageddon out of their decks. Abyss Ragnarok has only 2200 ATK, but has 3000 DEF, and he seems to represent the ruler aspect of the archetype the most. In fact, Abyss Ragnarok and his two evolutions can get rid of most monsters that Hell Armageddon cannot destroy by its own. So far, Abyss Ragnarok, Caesar Ragnarok and Kali Yuga are the only monsters in the ARC-V anime that can get rid of Bloom Diva by their own, a monster that is fatal against Hell Armageddon in any way. Abyss Ragnarok's effect to banish monsters is indeed very powerful.

As mentioned above, Abyss Ragnarok has two evolutions so far. Caesar Ragnarok and Kali Yuga. Normally, the rival character would evolve only his ace monsters, and Abyss Ragnarok has gotten even two evolutions in one duel/episode. We can argue that Kali Yuga is also an evolution of Hell Armageddon, since it was used as an Over Ray Unit for Kali Yuga's Xyz Summon. The Japanese title of Kali Yuga includes both titles/puns of both monsters. However, the fact that Abyss Ragnarok has two evolutions makes me believe that he is Reiji' actual ace, not Hell Armageddon. While Caesar Ragnarok looks more similar to Ceasar, he doesn't look that different to Abyss Ragnarok either. And Kali Yuga doesn't show many resemblence to Hell Armageddon. Both evolutions have a throne like Abyss Ragnarok, although Caesar Ragnarok's throne crumbles when he stands up.

But I cannot tell for sure, since he has dueled in only thriced. And Abyss Ragnarok has appeared only in the latest one, while Hell Armageddon appeared in two duels and in his test training. Both of them can be his ace monsters, but only one of them can be his true ace. Or Reiji goes like Shark and keeps changing his ace monsters. What do you think?

Zarkiel
5th November 2015, 05:15 PM
I don't think reiji is supposed to have an ace the same way that everyone else had an ace. there really isn't a clear monster he prefers to use. Keep in mind that he doesn't duel unless there's a point to it (ie testing pendulums, stealing selena, or convincing yuya to his side). He sits in the shadows but knows that if he needs to get his hands dirty, he will wipe the floor with anyone he duels. He uses his cards wisely based on the situation unlike other rivals who use their best monsters to overpower their opponents.

Sanokal
5th November 2015, 05:32 PM
Armageddon. It's always been promoted as his ace. And keep in mind that his DARK extra deck cards all roughly look like Fusions of their initial materials.

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 06:25 PM
Armageddon. It's always been promoted as his ace. And keep in mind that his DARK extra deck cards all roughly look like Fusions of their initial materials.

Except Tell and d'Arc.

Sanokal
5th November 2015, 06:57 PM
d'Arc looks like its materials. Female ornate thing combined with a knight equals female knight with fancy armor. Jumped the gun on Tell though, soz.

LolsterXD97
5th November 2015, 08:08 PM
Hell Armageddon actually benefits Pendulum Summon since you can make one of your Pendulums ram into an opponent's monster to power up Armageddon and revive the monster 1 turn latter and repeat. I bet Hell Armageddon as Ace Monster because of all the simillarities with the other rivals aces, but that doesn't prevent Abyss Ragnarok of being a secnodary ace monster.

KingJinzo
5th November 2015, 09:05 PM
I guess we have to wait if Reiji will make new evolutions for either one of them. While rivals don't overdo with the number of evolutions, Reiji is a different case, especially since he is a rival to Yuya in terms of Special Summoning methods, so I do see a high number of evolutions for his ace cards. And with "high" I mean "at least four". I've thought that it is odd to have two evolutions for Abyss Ragnarok instead for Hell Armageddon. While we can agree that Kali Yuga is possibly a evolution of Hell Armageddon, too, Kali Yuga resembles Abyss Ragnarok more than he resembles Hell Armageddon. If Reiji continues to evolve his Abyss Ragnarok, I can totally see a Level 8 Ritual Monster with reverse stats. But whatever.

I think the number of evolutions is another big factor for a true ace monster. While Kaiba had a phase with spamming Obelisk on the mat, his true ace will always be Blue-Eyes, and she had two to three evolutions back then. Kaiser's case is a bit weird, since his main ace was Cyber End Dragon, but Cyber Dragon and its evolution do count to the evolution line, even though neither Chimeratech Overdragon nor Chimeratech Fortress Dragon are direct evolutions of Cyber End Dragon (although he did used Cyber End Dragon for the first Fusion Summon of Chimeratech Overdragon).

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 02:51 AM
So far, Reiji has dueled only thriced in the first 80 episodes, and he hasn't gone full on in any duel. In his first duel, it seems like Reiji was going to be the first Kaiba expy since Kaiser to have three copies of an ace monster in form of Hell Armageddon. However, in his third duel, Reiji introduces Abyss Ragnarok and make him evolve twice. Since this duel, I was questioning which one of them is Reiji's actual (base) ace card.

I haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet. The second one, yea he was barely trying and he crushed Barrett. But seriously? The third duel where he dueled Yuya, you don't think he went all out? I know his demeanor is always calm. But I thought he gave it all he had at that point and had to use Kali Yuga to beat Odd-Eyes Rebellion.

On that note, since Kali Yuga is an evolution of Abyss Ragnarok, I think I gotta go with Abyss Ragnarok. I gotta go back and see Hell Armageddon tho

Hope in the Interstice
6th November 2015, 04:08 AM
I haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet.
What do you mean you haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet while having watched the other ones?

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
6th November 2015, 06:05 AM
What do you mean you haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet while having watched the other ones?

Prob skipped a little.

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 06:11 AM

I skipped a little. I started from Episode 30 something. I just jumped in because I read the first few summaries and like all shows, its a little slow and introductory at first. So I missed Reiji vs Yuya Round 1. But now that I've caught up to the most current episode and I'm waiting for the next one, I'm totally going back and watching that duel. It's probably the only thing I'll go back and watch from the first 30 episodes

Sanokal
6th November 2015, 06:31 AM
I skipped a little. I started from Episode 30 something. I just jumped in because I read the first few summaries and like all shows, its a little slow and introductory at first. So I missed Reiji vs Yuya Round 1. But now that I've caught up to the most current episode and I'm waiting for the next one, I'm totally going back and watching that duel. It's probably the only thing I'll go back and watch from the first 30 episodes

Watch episode 24 as well.

ScionStorm
6th November 2015, 07:41 AM

You should watch all 3 of the duels against LDS. Each are important in understanding what drove the characters forward. Yuzu's utter failure to best Masumi(ep. 10), Gongenzaka's epic first full duel against Yaiba ending in a draw(ep. 11) and Yuya's confidence shattering duel against Reiji's pendulums (ep.12). The first 2 episodes were also pretty fun. Ep 22/23 Yuya vs. Mieru isn't bad-only Ritual duel so far in the anime. Also 24 (Raidraptors), 25 and 26-Yuya's first serious duel against Gongenzaka and The Man's first Synchro Summon. 29 is also good. Yuzu's rematch against Masumi was well played.

So, my list for you:

1, 2
12, 13
22, 23
25, 26

Only if you are a Sawatari fan: ep 3, 4

Only if you are a Sora fan: ep 5, 6

KingJinzo
6th November 2015, 02:19 PM
You should watch all 3 of the duels against LDS. Each are important in understanding what drove the characters forward. Yuzu's utter failure to best Masumi(ep. 10), Gongenzaka's epic first full duel against Yaiba ending in a draw(ep. 11) and Yuya's confidence shattering duel against Reiji's pendulums (ep.12). The first 2 episodes were also pretty fun. Ep 22/23 Yuya vs. Mieru isn't bad-only Ritual duel so far in the anime. Also 24 (Raidraptors), 25 and 26-Yuya's first serious duel against Gongenzaka and The Man's first Synchro Summon. 29 is also good. Yuzu's rematch against Masumi was well played.

So, my list for you:

1, 2
12, 13
22, 23
25, 26

So you're telling them to skip Yuto's introductory episode, and episode 18 and 21, where we got some plot.

yshipster
6th November 2015, 02:47 PM
So you're telling them to skip Yuto's introductory episode, and episode 18 and 21, where we got some plot.

If you read the summaries, you can skip the non-duel episodes. However, episode 7 is indeed mandatory.

Nerdyasian1
6th November 2015, 04:50 PM
I still don't think Reji went all out, only because he was goading Yuya the entire duel. He knew what he was taking on, and believed that he could overcome it.

yshipster
6th November 2015, 05:06 PM
I haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet. The second one, yea he was barely trying and he crushed Barrett. But seriously? The third duel where he dueled Yuya, you don't think he went all out? I know his demeanor is always calm. But I thought he gave it all he had at that point and had to use Kali Yuga to beat Odd-Eyes Rebellion.

On that note, since Kali Yuga is an evolution of Abyss Ragnarok, I think I gotta go with Abyss Ragnarok. I gotta go back and see Hell Armageddon tho

Reiji definitely did not went all out. He only used the summoning methods Yuya used too, to show Yuya that he is stronger. Therefore I'm pretty sure Reiji already mastered Pendulum Synchro, but refused to use it against Yuya, so that the latter could find that out by himself.

ScionStorm
6th November 2015, 06:17 PM
If you read the summaries, you can skip the non-duel episodes. However, episode 7 is indeed mandatory.

Oh geez, I can't believe I forgot episode 7.

Cheesedude
6th November 2015, 08:57 PM
Reiji definitely did not went all out. He only used the summoning methods Yuya used too, to show Yuya that he is stronger. Therefore I'm pretty sure Reiji already mastered Pendulum Synchro, but refused to use it against Yuya, so that the latter could find that out by himself.

I don't think Reiji can Pendulum Synchro. Or he couldn't. He only seems capable of "artificially" evolving Pendulums once Yuya has done so "legitimately".

I don't think he's meant to have an ace like everyone else. His ace monster is that he has like twelve of them.

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 11:00 PM

So, my list for you:

1, 2
12, 13
22, 23
25, 26

I want to thank everyone on here for making a list for me on what to go back and watch and I want to simultaneously apologize to the guy who created this thread because it was suppose to be about Reiji's ace monster. Since I do get impatient waiting for the next episode, I'm going to follow this list and probably go back and watch all the duels now, especially since you guys are recommending it.

Btw I'm neither a Sora fan nor a Sawatari fan. So I'm not going back to those.

On the note of Reiji's ace monster, if you go to the Yugioh Wikia page for Hell Armageddon and click on Trivia, it states that Hell Armageddon is indeed Reiji's ace monster. And that Reiji is different like you all are saying because his ace monster happens to be Fiend and not Dragon like Blue Eyes and Galaxy Eyes

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 11:07 PM
I still don't think Reji went all out, only because he was goading Yuya the entire duel. He knew what he was taking on, and believed that he could overcome it.

I just want to clarify. You are talking about the second duel between Reiji and Yuya right? And so because Reiji already knew about Odd-Eyes Rebellion, he was prepared and didn't have to go all out. There's some sense to that. So does that mean the only time Reiji goes all out is when something unexpected comes and he needs to change his strategy or when he's losing?

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 11:11 PM

You're right he probably could Pendulum Synchro Summon. But I don't agree with your reason why he didn't use it. I think he didn't do it because he didn't need to use it. Not because he was waiting for Yuya to figure it out.

Btw Yuya's first Pendulum was well done. Enlightenment Magician looks awesome, it came at a good time in the duel with everyone in a frenzy, and Jack Atlas response to the Synchro Summon put it over the top. He smiled!!

Sanokal
6th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Let's not be ridiculous. He can Pendulum Synchro Summon if he wants, the only requirements are using Pendulum Summoned materials. Besides, had he not been stopped, I have a funny feeling that he was going to Pendulum Xyz against Yuya in their first duel.
And one can certainly argue that he was going all out, it mainly depends on what you think he was thinking when he searched his two winning Dark Contracts with Caesar.

KingJinzo
8th November 2015, 03:15 PM
On the note of Reiji's ace monster, if you go to the Yugioh Wikia page for Hell Armageddon and click on Trivia, it states that Hell Armageddon is indeed Reiji's ace monster. And that Reiji is different like you all are saying because his ace monster happens to be Fiend and not Dragon like Blue Eyes and Galaxy Eyes
Just because it's on the wikia doesn't necessarily mean it has to be true. That trivia part was created before Abyss Ragnarok was introduced in the anime and when all of us were sure that Hell Armageddon was his ace since it had some of the "Rival's Ace Stereotypes". If you look up on the page "Signature Cards", you can see that Abyss Ragnarok and his evolution are also listed as Reiji's signature cards. This thread was created to discuss which one of them is the true one, since Abyss Ragnarok surprising number of evolutions is unusual for a "Rival's Non-Ace Card". The only purpose of Hell Armageddon in the second duel was being an Over Ray Unit fodder for Kali Yuga. Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions played major roles during the duel, with all of them defeating Yuya's three Odd-Eyes evolutions. Abyss Ragnarok banished Rune-Eyes, Caesar Ragnarok defeated Beast-Eyes and stole Odd-Eyes, and Kali Yuga defeated Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion. While Kaiba, Kaiser, Jack and Kaito stayed loyal to their one and true aces, Manjoume shifted to Armed Dragon, Edo shifted to Plasma, and Shark changed his aces the entire time. It's not unreasonable to assume that Abyss Ragnarok has taken the role of Hell Armageddon's ace status.

kahunyu
8th November 2015, 03:40 PM
Reiji didn't go all out against Yuya. There's a glaringly obvious play with Caesar Ragnarok that would've net him the win then and there. Not to mention the traps he had that he could've used earlier, etc. etc.

There honestly hasn't been a single duel so far in the show where Reiji's been legitimately pushed into a corner and it's frightening. It's like watching Kaiser at his best in GX, amplified multiple orders of magnitude.

Also ARC-V's been absolute shit with any sort of deck consistency or ace consistency, sooooo I'd still say Hell Armageddon is his "Ace", it's just that they haven't bothered actually doing anything with it because they're too busy shilling out new cards and cheap cross promotions.(Kind of like 90% of ARC-V for the past 6 months).

False_Revelation
8th November 2015, 07:28 PM
I personally don't think Reiji will "duel seriously" until he summons his 4500 attcker. Everyone seems to have forgotten about it. I have no idea what it is and it hypes me for no reason.
Since abyss rag. already has evolution, I'd say it'll stem off of hell arma.
Although. If we arent talking just anime hell arma has one evolution. Wisdom King I think. Although its not really an evolution since it's "weaker."

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 07:35 PM
Maybe it's both. Maybe he'll summon a third Ace the next time he duels. Maybe we'll finally get some more D/D/D Synchros.

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah, all of the main rivals to the heroes have ace monsters that are Dragon or Dragonesque. Reiji's the first one who doesn't have such a card, which is curious. They're really shaking up the dynamic, aren't they?

Sanokal
8th November 2015, 09:26 PM
Except Declan has three Armageddon and it's been promoted as his ace from the start. Abyss Ragnarok has never actually attacked, even if it did play a major role in the duel. It's just as easy to assume that that duel was its time to shine. Not that we won't see it again.

Cheesedude
8th November 2015, 09:34 PM
Just because it's on the wikia doesn't necessarily mean it has to be true. That trivia part was created before Abyss Ragnarok was introduced in the anime and when all of us were sure that Hell Armageddon was his ace since it had some of the "Rival's Ace Stereotypes". If you look up on the page "Signature Cards", you can see that Abyss Ragnarok and his evolution are also listed as Reiji's signature cards. This thread was created to discuss which one of them is the true one, since Abyss Ragnarok surprising number of evolutions is unusual for a "Rival's Non-Ace Card". The only purpose of Hell Armageddon in the second duel was being an Over Ray Unit fodder for Kali Yuga. Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions played major roles during the duel, with all of them defeating Yuya's three Odd-Eyes evolutions. Abyss Ragnarok banished Rune-Eyes, Caesar Ragnarok defeated Beast-Eyes and stole Odd-Eyes, and Kali Yuga defeated Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion. While Kaiba, Kaiser, Jack and Kaito stayed loyal to their one and true aces, Manjoume shifted to Armed Dragon, Edo shifted to Plasma, and Shark changed his aces the entire time. It's not unreasonable to assume that Abyss Ragnarok has taken the role of Hell Armageddon's ace status.

While it being on the Wikia certainly doesn't make it true, let me clarify that it is indeed, true:

Its listed there because Yuya actually calls the card Reiji's ace during the first duel. Ideally, every card on that page should be referenced.

Now, that means that its considered Reiji's ace, or at the very least it was. But that can change. The anime uses "ace card" pretty liberally.

KingKaash
11th November 2015, 10:51 PM

You're totally right about the signature cards part. I guess they use the term "ace" and "signature" quite loosely

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don't think Reiji will "duel seriously" until he summons his 4500 attcker. Everyone seems to have forgotten about it. I have no idea what it is and it hypes me for no reason.
Since abyss rag. already has evolution, I'd say it'll stem off of hell arma.
Although. If we arent talking just anime hell arma has one evolution. Wisdom King I think. Although its not really an evolution since it's "weaker."

As far as Reiji going all out, I'll agree with this statement the most. When he summons that 4500 beatstick, then I'll know Reiji went all out. Considering Blue Eyes had 3000 attack and all of them were fused, you gotta think all 3 Hell Armageddons will be fused

LolsterXD97
11th November 2015, 11:27 PM
You're totally right about the signature cards part. I guess they use the term "ace" and "signature" quite loosely

- - - Updated - - -

As far as Reiji going all out, I'll agree with this statement the most. When he summons that 4500 beatstick, then I'll know Reiji went all out. Considering Blue Eyes had 3000 attack and all of them were fused, you gotta think all 3 Hell Armageddons will be fused

Reiji will only go serious when he fights and is taken by surprise (Which in this case would only be Yuya making cards miduel since Reiji always watches Yuya with his hidden cameras). I hope the 4.5 ATK monster be something worth it for the Deck.

yshipster
12th November 2015, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that his actual ace is a Pendulum Monster, since otherwise he would have 3 aces, because he treats all Extra Deck monsters equally. However, we might see some Extra Deck monsters which require 3 materials to be summoned.

butterflies_flutter_by
12th November 2015, 09:33 AM
Hang on, what's this 4500 attacker you're talking about, is something confirmed or is just speculation based on Blue-eyes ultimate and Neo Galaxy-Eyes?

Hope in the Interstice
12th November 2015, 10:00 AM
Hang on, what's this 4500 attacker you're talking about, is something confirmed or is just speculation based on Blue-eyes ultimate and Neo Galaxy-Eyes?
Speculation.

butterflies_flutter_by
12th November 2015, 10:03 AM
Awww, I got super excited for a bit, I love this deck to bits and I wish they'd give Reiji more on-screen duels :(

Sanokal
12th November 2015, 05:28 PM
Awww, I got super excited for a bit, I love this deck to bits and I wish they'd give Reiji more on-screen duels :(

Going by current trends he'll get one this arc.

KingKaash
13th November 2015, 03:15 AM

Total speculation. But based on trends of past series he probably will have one. I hope. Sanokal is right tho, it needs to be worth it. Like have a good effect. And I totally agree, he needs more duels. Like a lot more. I'm curious to see how he'll beat all those Security guards that have trapped him and the Executive Council

Sanokal
13th November 2015, 06:21 AM
Total speculation. But based on trends of past series he probably will have one. I hope. Sanokal is right tho, it needs to be worth it. Like have a good effect. And I totally agree, he needs more duels. Like a lot more. I'm curious to see how he'll beat all those Security guards that have trapped him and the Executive Council

Probably with triple Armageddon off-screen.

Comun
13th November 2015, 01:20 PM
Ace Monsters are not that serious of a concept so that everyone must have one. It's just a phrase Duelist throw casually to hype their plays, intimidate or demonstrate their attachment to their cards. With Reiji's absolutely practical and no-nonsense personality, I'm led to believe he didn't bother choosing a monster to call his ace. Reiji's not really one to repeat his plays as well. As yshipster put it

he treats all Extra Deck monsters equally.
and I think the same goes for his Main Deck ones.

Thanako
13th November 2015, 07:35 PM
You could argue that Yuya's ace is Entermate Discover Hippo, so I have to agree that it's a bit of a skewed concept. Akaba Reiji will probably have a couple of other good monsters to come, but he seldom duels at all.

KingKaash
13th November 2015, 09:43 PM
Probably with triple Armageddon off-screen.

Off-screen duels enrage me! Especially when it involves a main character. Like random characters, yea I don't mind. But we want more Reiji Akaba! And Reira

LolsterXD97
13th November 2015, 09:49 PM
Off-screen duels enrage me! Especially when it involves a main character. Like random characters, yea I don't mind. But we want more Reiji Akaba! And Reira

Feel the same way dude, like Shun vs Sora's rematch and Reira's Duels (Which I guess it will have the same bad habit as his brother of dueling each 35 episodes, but the double).

Sanokal
13th November 2015, 09:59 PM

Considering that it's just going to be Security I wouldn't mind that much. He'll still get a full duel, maybe a rematch against Barrett.

False_Revelation
13th November 2015, 10:47 PM
Although, Kaiba only had 1 fusion monster to my knowledge which was blue eyes.(i didnt watch the orginal that much so i dont know)
Zane had a fusion and he only used fusion. Jack had a synchro and he only used synchro(1 fusion i think). Kaito had an xyz and he only used xyz(not counting the fusion lizard and the ritual). Reiji uses all summon methods so wouldn't that mean he as 4 4500 attckers? As good as that sounds for the deck it would just be retarded. It could certainly be possible. Overlay 3 hell arm, fuse 3 hell arm, tribute 3 hell arm for the pend i guess. Not sure about the synchro though.

LolsterXD97
13th November 2015, 10:54 PM
Although, Kaiba only had 1 fusion monster to my knowledge which was blue eyes.(i didnt watch the orginal that much so i dont know)
Zane had a fusion and he only used fusion. Jack had a synchro and he only used synchro(1 fusion i think). Kaito had an xyz and he only used xyz(not counting the fusion lizard and the ritual). Reiji uses all summon methods so wouldn't that mean he as 4 4500 attckers? As good as that sounds for the deck it would just be retarded. It could certainly be possible. Overlay 3 hell arm, fuse 3 hell arm, tribute 3 hell arm for the pend i guess. Not sure about the synchro though.

Expecting a Level 12 D/D/D Pendulum Monster with hardcore Summoning Conditons as the BWUD counterpart this time and an effect to Special Summon itself from the Extra Deck since there isn't scale 13 (Yet). Kaiba in the Anime also had Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon and the XYZ Dragon Cannon if I remember (But it didn't have Thunder Dragon in the Manga).

KingKaash
14th November 2015, 06:22 AM
Feel the same way dude, like Shun vs Sora's rematch and Reira's Duels (Which I guess it will have the same bad habit as his brother of dueling each 35 episodes, but the double).

I think there's just not opponents out there that are on Reiji's level. I'm not trying to joke, I'm actually being serious. No enemy really poses a threat to him. He wiped the floor with Barrett. And it wouldn't make sense for him to duel a Lancer. Only the incoming Yuri poses a threat, which would be epic to watch. And I'd rather watch Sora vs Yuya. Shun vs Dennis matches up better to me.

KingKaash
14th November 2015, 06:26 AM

If he had access to 4 4500 ATK monsters, that would be insane! But your logic makes sense. And yea the whole Synchro thing is weird for Yuya also. I'm interested to see how they merge Clear Wing Synchro and Odd-Eyes. I know they used the Magician Pendulum monsters to bring down the Level of Odd-Eyes to overlay with a Leveled Dark Rebellion. But the Synchro Summon will also need a Tuner, which Odd-Eyes and Clear Wing are not at this point. So maybe they might not do it. Overall, this is why I don't like Synchros. Xyz are just easy and simple

Volteccer
14th November 2015, 02:08 PM
Between them, Hell Armageddon's name contains a pun on CEO, while Abyss Ragnarok's has one for COO. In business, the CEO is higher up on the chain of command, so if anything is Reiji's boss monster, it's Hell Armageddon.

yshipster
14th November 2015, 04:58 PM
Between them, Hell Armageddon's name contains a pun on CEO, while Abyss Ragnarok's has one for COO. In business, the CEO is higher up on the chain of command, so if anything is Reiji's boss monster, it's Hell Armageddon.

Actually that is a valid point. But I would tend to Hell Armageddon anyways, since ace monsters normally have effects to boost themselves and/or are beatsticks/able to deal tons of damage. Abyss Ragnarok however is a pretty good support for summoning stronger monster, but is no strong monster on its own.

KingJinzo
12th January 2016, 10:35 PM

You missed one important point. The COO pun is the English fan pun for Abyss Ragnarok. His OCG title is Kaichiō, which is a pun to the word Kaichō, which means chairman. Therefore, by your logic, Abyss Ragnarok would be higher ranked than Hell Armageddon, as the chairman stands above the CEO.

KingJinzo
17th March 2016, 08:35 PM
During his three dueling cameos in the City arc, Reiji has played Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions all three times. Let's see what he will play in episode 99.

KingKaash
18th March 2016, 01:07 AM
During his three dueling cameos in the City arc, Reiji has played Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions all three times. Let's see what he will play in episode 99.

If he's pushed into a corner (which seems crazy to consider given how he's been up to this point), I think Reiji gets a new DDD boss.

Sanokal
18th March 2016, 01:09 AM
By "corner" it'll probably be something like the "corner" Barrett pushed him into. That being said, when he's in control, Roget is damn smart.

KingKaash
18th March 2016, 01:13 AM
By "corner" it'll probably be something like the "corner" Barrett pushed him into. That being said, when he's in control, Roget is damn smart.

I hope not because that was no fun to watch Barrett. If that is true, Reiji will get some OP DDD boss for sure to fight back. Yes Roger had the perfect deck and everything to take down Jack. Too bad for him his Android malfunctioned on him. He is good when he's got control

King
18th March 2016, 01:24 AM
Rank 7 and a Level 10 Synchro will be well recieved, also a decent tuner

LolsterXD97
18th March 2016, 01:32 AM
I would like Reiji to have his version of BEUD (it could be a Level 12 Pendulum), use hybrid Extra Deck monsters like Yuya's, and another Tuner as good as Night Howl.

King
18th March 2016, 01:37 AM
I would like Reiji to have his version of BEUD, it could be a Level 12 Pendulum with Plasma requirements. And also use hybrid Extra Deck monsters, like Yuya's.

Even i not wanting Yuya's Monopolization, Reiji Using Hybrid Pendulums, seems to be lack of originalty.

The Sonic Duck
18th March 2016, 01:50 AM
Even i not wanting Yuya's Monopolization, Reiji Using Hybrid Pendulums, seems to be lack originalty.
Yeah but since he's Yuya's rival. It makes sense for him to eventually get an extra deck pendulum.