PDA

View Full Version : Necro Gardna vs Superheavy Samurai General Sango

Noboru Gongenzaka
6th November 2015, 03:40 AM
Superheavy Samurai General Sango
Pendulum Effect
If you have a Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4. Once per turn, when a "Superheavy Samurai" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can activate this effect; it can make a second attack in a row.
Monster Effect
If you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can Tribute up to 2 "Superheavy Samurai" monsters you control; draw the same number of cards you Tributed. You can only use this effect of "Superheavy Samurai General Sango" once per turn.

Necro Gardna
During your opponent's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate the next attack this turn from a monster your opponent controls (this is a Quick Effect).

Okay so I'm a Dev for YGOPro TDOANE and I coded Superheavy Samurai General Sango. I have full faith in my coding. But I have a question and I think while writing this I came up with the answer but I am going to ask anyway.

So I attack with a Superheavy Samurai monster and destroy, lets say, Necro Gardna. Now I activate Superheavy Samurai General Sango's effect to attack again and my opponent uses Necro Gardna's effect when I declare that second attack. After that attack is negated I am able to still attack a second time with the Superheavy Samurai monster. Is this correct or not.

The answer I have come up with thinking about it is that I would still be able to attack again after Necro Gardna because Sango's effect is what is letting it attack again, not the monster itself, so even with that attack being negated Sango's effect is still saying "hey, make your second attack". Now I have done it where I have attacked with another monster after activating Superheavy Samurai General Sango's effect and that caused my monster to not be able to attack again, but I have not tried that scenario and use Necro Gardna on the other Superheavy Samurai monster.

Basically, TL;DR: Can my monster attack a second time with Sango's effect if the "second attack" was stopped by Necro Gardna.

Dread Kaiser
6th November 2015, 03:51 AM
That is not correct.
The second attack was made, and was stopped, you don't get a redo.

Sango says "hey make your second attack", Monster makes second attack
The attack then fails and Sango has shut his mouth in shame at this point so a "second" attack is not performed. His effect already went off.

Multiple attacks are granted by effects but outside of ones that say "Procede to damage step" or other specifications, they don't function differently then normal ones. Sango is not one of those exceptions.

Noboru Gongenzaka
6th November 2015, 03:59 AM
Thank you. I will have a look at the coding then.