PDA

View Full Version : OCG Meta 4th Quarter 2015

Harsickle
6th November 2015, 08:54 AM
It definitely felt like Elemental Dragons all over again..

Just that its in a form of a zoo

Performapal and friends

Dread Kaiser
6th November 2015, 03:41 PM
....ok, annnnnnd??

Pendulum
6th November 2015, 03:48 PM
I think "circus" is more accurate.

Well, really nothing more to say.

kahunyu
9th November 2015, 06:30 PM
le pew.

Mofiz
9th November 2015, 09:22 PM
I think "circus" is more accurate.

Well, really nothing more to say.

Which circus makes litte kids cry?

LolsterXD97
9th November 2015, 09:23 PM

The netherworld circus?

Pendulum
9th November 2015, 10:09 PM

Solemn Circus...

SynjoDeonecros
9th November 2015, 11:01 PM
Solemn Circus...

So, God as the ringmaster conducting tame demons like they're in a lion taming act?

Thanako
10th November 2015, 03:46 AM
This thread isn't what I was expecting. Someone might as well share the format data.

The "big three" decks.

EMEm/Entermate-Entermage//Perforapal-Performage/Performage and Pals - 50 decks placing
Burning Abyss - 26 decks placing
Monarch - 9 decks placing

Other (all having 1 deck placing)
Train
Magispecter
Qlip
Galaxy
Igknight
DDD
Deskbot
Infernoid
HERO
Bujin
Pure PSYFrame
PSYFrame Yosenju

A lot of the current EMEm decks are above the 40 card mark, but under 50. 44 is the average, since people are using the Dracoslayer/ruler engine to go off further. I personally called that Typhoon would see a lot more work in the OCG than the TCG, and it has proven to be true, with almost all of the decks running at least 2 in the side, though some main deck 1-3. A lot of the choices that vary are quite small, things like choosing Gigobyte or Performapal Helprincess. The King of the Feral Imps is a great card, but it doesn't quite measure up with some other choices when the deck has so many other options. With that said, it is also just as viable. This is one of the few unique aspects of the deck, so there is at very least that. Some are also not using Monkeyboard, or are using Beatrice on the off chance that they can Pendulum Summon two copies.

The only reason that people aren't using Monarchs as much is because the EMEm deck easily counters it, and Monarchs struggle to recover from such a thing. Monarchs are the Prophecy to the Elemental Dragons, to follow off on a comparison that's already been made in this thread. They are an absolutely amazing deck in their own right, but they simply can't keep up with the other deck.

The usage of Burning Abyss is completely out of hype, and really is starting to slow down. Some anti-meta builds have been popping up, along with things you would expect to see. Regardless of everything, it simply can't compete. Beatrice is quite nice and it helps the deck out significantly, but the era was over before it even began. It is actually quite similar to Fabled, only the other way around and with a promotional card as a bit of a compensation.

Sanokal
10th November 2015, 04:03 AM

This kind:

http://i.imgur.com/aeVavdI.jpg

But mainly this to be fair:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/3/3b/Dennis'_true_face.png/revision/latest?cb=20150921064833

EEK!

SynjoDeonecros
10th November 2015, 04:24 AM
People are still using Bujin in the OCG? Was the Normal Pendulum that came out for it THAT good for the archetype?

Dread Kaiser
10th November 2015, 04:44 AM
Bujin stopped mattering a long time ago. and no the Pendulum was irrelevent. specially since they never made a coresponding scale for it

JoJoToast
10th November 2015, 05:06 AM
It doesn't really need another scale, it was just meant to turn Susanowo/Tsukiyomi or Kahutsuchi into Ameretsu using both Xyz's effects. Why its a pend is probably because it made the most sense as a monster overlay thingymabob.

SynjoDeonecros
10th November 2015, 07:12 PM
I see. I thought Amaterasu wasn't that good in Bujin? Or am I missing something?

ARKhaven
11th November 2015, 06:14 PM
I see. I thought Amaterasu wasn't that good in Bujin? Or am I missing something?

Well if we don't count everything related to the meta, Amaterasu is now great with the pendulum, since the play can go from Susano-o >Search Hiruko >Play and Use Hiruko > Go Amaterasu > Use effect to special Hiruko and proceed from there. Apologies if I'm really late on this

Thanako
11th November 2015, 07:02 PM
The situation with the OCG is simple: You have 1 real deck and 2 rogue decks that see play. When you only have to side for that, you can make any deck really shine, you just have to be a good player with a stroke of luck. The EMEm deck is quite absurd, but a lot of people don't know how to play the deck effectively, especially since a bunch of new cards have just come out. The deck is so inherently broken in conception that the era of 44 card decks is in full force. But, you can beat the deck if you understand it inside and out, and understand complex siding strategies. This is why Burning Abyss is making a decent showing. Unlike Monarchs, a deck that is arguably the second best of the format, Burning Abyss don't have the same amount of direct weakness from the EMEm deck. But, Burning Abyss still isn't enough to keep up, comparatively speaking of course.

The OCG is in a format where only 1 deck can make a massive showing, but where any deck can pop out of nowhere due to the frequency of the local tournaments, and the individual skill factor along with luck. For a comparison that many people could relate to: Consider EMEm to be the Dragon Ruler Deck, with Burning Abyss being the newly released (and hyped) anti-meta deck that has their cards all at 3, and with Monarchs being Prophecy, an absurd deck that isn't absurd enough to keep up, and is naturally countered by EMEm.

SynjoDeonecros
11th November 2015, 08:40 PM
Well if we don't count everything related to the meta, Amaterasu is now great with the pendulum, since the play can go from Susano-o >Search Hiruko >Play and Use Hiruko > Go Amaterasu > Use effect to special Hiruko and proceed from there. Apologies if I'm really late on this

I see. Well, in that case, I hope we get Hiruko soon in the TCG.

Sanokal
11th November 2015, 10:32 PM

Might do, seeing as the import trend for BOSH seems to be the OCG booster exclusives. Then again, there's a lot of candidates.

Pendulum
11th November 2015, 11:10 PM

Might do, seeing as the import trend for BOSH seems to be the OCG booster exclusives. Then again, there's a lot of candidates.

Yeah. Don't forget Trains and Empowered are first in line. Also, they're way more relevant than Hiruko.
However, looking at the free slots, I don't think we'll get those in BOSH.

SynjoDeonecros
11th November 2015, 11:42 PM
I didn't know that the game-exclusive trains had come out in the TCG, so I doubt that they'll make much fanfare of the others coming out, if they do.