PDA

View Full Version : Ojama Trio - How I do use it's effects

KingKaash
6th November 2015, 11:38 PM
Ojama Trio Effect:
Special Summon 3 "Ojama Tokens" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) in Defense Position on your opponent's side of the field. The tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. When an "Ojama Token" is destroyed, the controller of that token takes 300 points of damage.

So I'm a total noob to dueling. I've never had a duel in my life. I was hooked on the shows as a kid and now that I have some money I could see myself building a deck when I have some spare time. My question is Ojama Trio vs Pendulum Summoning. I learned that all Trap Cards need to be chained to something so I was wondering what would happen if I chained Ojama Trio to an opponent who's Pendulum Summoning let's say 3 monsters. Would the tokens take 3 of my opponents monster card zones and then they could still summon 2 monsters?

Also I can activate Ojama Trio on my opponents Standby Phase anyway right?

Jolan
7th November 2015, 12:07 AM
You can't chain to a Pendulum summon because Summoning doesn't start a chain, meaning you can't reply to it. That's the....simple version, at least.

So in this case, you would not be able to activate your trap card until your opponent has successfully pendulum summoned.

And if we go by previously official Ojama Trio rulings, you can't activate the card if there aren't 3 free monster zones on your opponent's side.

Dread Kaiser
7th November 2015, 12:08 AM
Traps do NOT need to be chained unless they have a condition listed "Activate only when X"
for traps like Ojama Trio, you can use them anytime the gamestate is open or in response to ANYTHING you are allowed to respond to.

in the case of Pendulum Summoning, that does not start a chain so you can't Pre-empt them to block out monster zones. you can react AFTER they make the summon (assuming there is atleast 3 zones free), or beforehand (such as when they set the second pendulum scale) but you can't Interupt it in the way you are describing
Synchro and Xyz work the same way, Fusion and Ritual do NOT so it is possible to block off zones for those (though it would be hard given how they work)

and yes you can activate it on standby phase.

KingKaash
7th November 2015, 02:24 AM
Traps do NOT need to be chained unless they have a condition listed "Activate only when X"
for traps like Ojama Trio, you can use them anytime the gamestate is open or in response to ANYTHING you are allowed to respond to.

in the case of Pendulum Summoning, that does not start a chain so you can't Pre-empt them to block out monster zones. you can react AFTER they make the summon (assuming there is atleast 3 zones free), or beforehand (such as when they set the second pendulum scale) but you can't Interupt it in the way you are describing
Synchro and Xyz work the same way, Fusion and Ritual do NOT so it is possible to block off zones for those (though it would be hard given how they work)

and yes you can activate it on standby phase.

Thank you both for answering! I just learned quite a bit. So Pendulum Summoning isn't chainable. But I can chain to the second Pendulum scale being set by my opponent. Now that's interesting. In any case I would probably activate it during my opponents Standby Phase if there was 3 Monster Card Zones open. Once again thank you. I will be using this section of the forum more often haha

Dread Kaiser
7th November 2015, 03:18 AM
Thank you both for answering! I just learned quite a bit. So Pendulum Summoning isn't chainable. But I can chain to the second Pendulum scale being set by my opponent. Now that's interesting. In any case I would probably activate it during my opponents Standby Phase if there was 3 Monster Card Zones open. Once again thank you. I will be using this section of the forum more often haha

Yer welcome
You can PM me if you have other ruling questions, or use the Forum on the Yugioh Wikia (you can also find me there)

KingKaash
11th November 2015, 10:55 PM
Hey sounds great! Thanks for extending the help. I'll contact you for sure

Momma_Sophie
3rd December 2015, 04:27 PM
Traps Cards also do not always have to be chained; you can activate any card (as long as the timing is right) in response to what they do:

1. Setting a card.
2. Drawing a card.
3. Proceeding to the Battle Phase.

And other things.