PDA

View Full Version : Episode 81: BIRDS

Cheesedude
8th November 2015, 02:00 AM
So, its happening. We all made jokes about Shun vs. Crow. Here it is.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Shun to use Mimicry/Sharp/Tribute Lanius here. They're all being reprinted in Wing Raiders, so it would be the perfect time to have them debut in the anime.

On Crow's end, I'd similarly like to see him use the other Blackwings that have never appeared in the anime or manga (Gust the Backblast was one prior to ARC-V,). That would be Breeze the Zephyr and Jin the Rain Shadow (the latter of which I find creepy as hell).

Result-wise, I'm certainly rooting for Shun, but this is a two-parter and there's indication in the previews that there won't be a result.

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 02:07 AM
This will be the fowlest episode in the history of Yugioh.

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 02:16 AM
Now let the Flock of bad Bird Puns commence
and where's mah hunten Rifle

Hope in the Interstice
8th November 2015, 02:28 AM
A reminder that the spoiler tag exists; you just have to type it in yourself. [spoiler] and a corresponding closing tag, folks. I've already been spoiled before but that doesn't mean anyone else has to suffer through it.

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 02:31 AM
anyone know where and when a raw version will be up

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 02:32 AM
I'm honestly hoping that Crow has a damn good reason why he's gonna continue the Duel, not just because Shun is having a flashback moment that tells him otherwise (that or he's rubbing Crow off as a waste of time, seeing that's he's another fowl fool trying to start some dull revolution because Yuya should burn in hell like we all heard.). Overall, Crow is going to win this Duel, but the biggest question remains: What giant-ass NOT!Black-Winged Dragon wannabe are we gonna get in this Duel? I swear to anyone's deity this needs to happen. Jack seriously can't be the only NOTSigner Dragon user, right?

That's just my five second rant, don't mind it, but at least this episode is going to be another good cockfight.

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 02:50 AM
Ra, I hope Crow doesn't win this duel. No. More. Blackwings.

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 02:59 AM
I'm honestly hoping that Crow has a damn good reason why he's gonna continue the Duel, not just because Shun is having a flashback moment that tells him otherwise (that or he's rubbing Crow off as a waste of time, seeing that's he's another fowl fool trying to start some dull revolution because Yuya should burn in hell like we all heard.). Overall, Crow is going to win this Duel, but the biggest question remains: What giant-ass NOT!Black-Winged Dragon wannabe are we gonna get in this Duel? I swear to anyone's deity this needs to happen. Jack seriously can't be the only NOTSigner Dragon user, right?

That's just my five second rant, don't mind it, but at least this episode is going to be another good cockfight.

ehhh i'd personally rather see a new version of armor master since that was crows original ace in 5Ds

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 03:12 AM
ehhh i'd personally rather see a new version of armor master since that was crows original ace in 5Ds

I suppose, but hey, if Jack can have a Signer Dragon already, what's to say that Crow won't? Plus, according to spoilers, Crow summons a new monster out of some drive (also Phantom Synchro Summons) to finish the Duel, so obviously something like a revolution, and... yeah. I just want him to summon something that isn't a Blackwing and beast-mode Shun off the map with it because of his reasons to quit the Duel.

Don't get me wrong though, an Armor Master evolution or new form would be epic though, but just for this episode and plot, I want some recent nostalgia to show Shun a lesson, it just has that strange energy reading that needs to be called..something to start a Revolution because Plot.

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 04:19 AM
I suppose, but hey, if Jack can have a Signer Dragon already, what's to say that Crow won't? Plus, according to spoilers, Crow summons a new monster out of some drive (also Phantom Synchro Summons) to finish the Duel, so obviously something like a revolution, and... yeah. I just want him to summon something that isn't a Blackwing and beast-mode Shun off the map with it because of his reasons to quit the Duel.

Didn't someone tell you to spoiler tag things....

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 04:55 AM
Like this
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-70EVd-nr2Sc/Um3rAOe4Y7I/AAAAAAAAAZg/IS0KklXdIyE/s1600/allegiantspoilers.jpg

yshipster
8th November 2015, 10:38 AM
You can watch it here (http://up.b9dm.com/new/92766.html).

Despite half of the episode was just talk overall, the duel so far was pretty nice. Shuns new Lanius look good and if I got Pain Lanius effect right, you can Special Summon him whenever you have a RR on the field, also you can target another RR to make Pain Lanius level equal to the other ones, but you take mere 100 damage. The damage was crucial in the episode, since Avenge Lanius can be special summoned when you take damage.

Also an equip RR? He can be equipped when a RR Xyz is attacked by detaching a mat, and then destroy monster by detaching another?

At least no new RUM, just Raid Force...

Also anyone noticed that Shun could have first attacked with Blaze Falcon and used its other effect afterwards, to deal 500 more damage? Stuff like that bothers me, especially from Shun...

On the other side, Crow used too many ABFs already... If they really get printed, we will have a set with 50% Blackwings...

Also the preview showed us some more ABFs, as well as Revolution Falcon and another new RR Xyz, AND a new rainbow colored RUM...

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 10:46 AM
I lost all my hopes about Crow using decent Blackwings... Where is Gale, Bora, Shura which can bring Raikiri easier than these shitty ABF?

At least Captain Falcon used some decent cards.

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th November 2015, 10:53 AM
I'm liking the direction BF is taking, now we just need the cards to be printed (and yes, I'm asking Konami for more Blackwings).

Finally more LV 4 Raptors, and the Quick-play Xyz for raptors is tempting, if it ever gets printed I might just tech it, but now to the real question: Why isn't all of this in Wing Raiders?

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 10:55 AM
I'm liking the direction BF is taking, now we just need the cards to be printed (and yes, I'm asking Konami for more Blackwings).

Finally more LV 4 Raptors, and the Quick-play Xyz for raptors is tempting, if it ever gets printed I might just tech it, but now to the real question: Why isn't all of this in Wing Raiders?

Because of the reprints of all the previous Ruris...

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th November 2015, 10:59 AM
Because of the reprints of all the previous Ruris...

So the question turns into "Were all of thiese reprints necessary since RR are recent as hell?"
I say Vanishing, Impale and Fuzzy were all that you needed to play it out of the box, no need to reprint almost everything.

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 11:06 AM
So the question turns into "Were all of thiese reprints necessary since RR are recent as hell?"
I say Vanishing, Impale and Fuzzy were all that you needed to play it out of the box, no need to reprint almost everything.

Vanishing was obvious, Fuzzy is essential for swarm, Tribute Lanius and Mimicry are essential too, Singing and Sharp are the only ones that don't fit, maybe Sharp since it is Monster Reborn and it is hilarious with Reactor if cross promo with SHIV.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 11:13 AM
Don't forget RRs have now a draw engine: RR - Sanctuary

If you control 3 RRs, you can use that 1 card to draw ... 1 card ... seriously Konami?

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 11:15 AM

If you control 3 RRs, you can use that 1 card to draw ... 1 card ... seriously Konami?

Shun drew TWO cards.

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th November 2015, 11:15 AM

Wait, wasn't two? I thought it was two because it made sense, so I didn't bother checking how many cards he drew or what he said. Please be wrong on this...

yshipster
8th November 2015, 11:29 AM
Wait, wasn't two? I thought it was two because it made sense, so I didn't bother checking how many cards he drew or what he said. Please be wrong on this...

Sorry, you're right I got that wrong.
Also it is RR - Avenge Vulture, not Avenge Lanius
However, this brings us to Shun having 4 cards in his hand + at least 1 he'll draw, so I expect some really spectacular plays from Shun next week. I'm actually pretty sad that he'll use, since he's one of my favorite characters.

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 11:44 AM
So many Vulture main deck cards. Wonder if we are finally going to get a Vulture Xyz. Also, I want a Rank Up of Force Stryx. I don't know why. Just want to see what it would look like.

What a surprise. Crow puking out more Blackwings. He has 4 Synchros that haven't come out now he has a couple more. Ra, I pray this is Crow's last duel of the season. Let Shun win.

Does anyone else think episode 83 sounds like Sora is going to duel again? from the summary at least.

I can see cross-promotion not just with SHIV for BWs but probably Collectors Pack 2016 as well.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 11:57 AM
So many Vulture main deck cards. Wonder if we are finally going to get a Vulture Xyz. Also, I want a Rank Up of Force Stryx. I don't know why. Just want to see what it would look like.

What a surprise. Crow puking out more Blackwings. He has 4 Synchros that haven't come out now he has a couple more. Ra, I pray this is Crow's last duel of the season. Let Shun win.

Does anyone else think episode 83 sounds like Sora is going to duel again? from the summary at least.

I can see cross-promotion not just with SHIV for BWs but probably Collectors Pack 2016 as well.

All Vultures so far are pretty ... situational. Avenge Vulture responds to effect damage only, Wild Vulture needs 2 level 3s and Necro Vulture needs a RUM. So while the Lanius's are the level 4 engine, the Vultures are the toolbox. So I guess no Vulture Xyz, sorry.

A Rank 5 Strix on the other hand is something I want, too.

ScionStorm
8th November 2015, 12:31 PM
All Vultures so far are pretty ... situational. Avenge Vulture responds to effect damage only, Wild Vulture needs 2 level 3s and Necro Vulture needs a RUM. So while the Lanius's are the level 4 engine, the Vultures are the toolbox. So I guess no Vulture Xyz, sorry.

A Rank 5 Strix on the other hand is something I want, too.

Just expecting a Vulture Xyz because we have Lanius for Falcons, Strix main deck monsters and Force Strix, an Eagle main deck monster and Devil Eagle, and now several Vulture main deck monsters.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 12:59 PM
Just expecting a Vulture Xyz because we have Lanius for Falcons, Strix main deck monsters and Force Strix, an Eagle main deck monster and Devil Eagle, and now several Vulture main deck monsters.

My theorie is more like:
Lanius = Main engine
Vulture = toolbox
Falcon = Xyz with effects to owerpower/destroy your opponents monster
Eagle = level/rank 3
Strix = supporting role

But maybe a Vulture Xyz as a RUM searcher? We'll see ... (or not)

Mofiz
8th November 2015, 12:59 PM
I really don't want Crow to win. It's not even the cool Crow from 5D's but a loser with little to no self confidence. His best friend is annoying as fuck and he doesn't even have a Dragon.

Jolan
8th November 2015, 01:25 PM
The duel was amazing and I'm strongly disappointed that we're probably not getting any of these Shun cards in SPWR.

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 01:28 PM
The duel was amazing and I'm strongly disappointed that we're probably not getting any of these Shun cards in SPWR.

I'm more dissappointed by the fact that the other RR cards that Shun played before will possibily stay forever in Anime land...

Jolan
8th November 2015, 01:44 PM
I'm more dissappointed by the fact that the other RR cards that Shun played before will possibily stay forever in Anime land...
Honestly I would be happy if Raidraptor - Reactor became a RL card because popping monsters via battle position changes is a unique strategy. So far only Sharp Lanius has that as an effect but it would be interesting to see it become more common.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 02:24 PM

RR - Sign ist the only card I really want from those old cards, since it's a RR exclusive ROTA. Also from todays episode: RR - Sanctuary and RR - Pain Lanius.

Norleras
8th November 2015, 03:42 PM
It seems that everyone in this thread plays RR
Raidraptor - Pain Lanius and Raidraptor - Sanctuary are interesting, I hope they become real but itīs sad that Force Strix canīt search Pain Lanius.

I misread RR - Rapid Xyz...

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
8th November 2015, 04:11 PM
Raidraptor - Pain Lanius, Raidraptor - Sanctuary and Rapid Xyz are interesting, I hope they become real but itīs sad that Force Strix canīt search Pain Lanius.

Wait what?

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 04:21 PM
Raidraptor - Pain Lanius, Raidraptor - Sanctuary and Rapid Xyz are interesting, I hope they become real but itīs sad that Force Strix canīt search Pain Lanius.

Pain Lanius can still be searched by Nest, Sanctuary is bonkers (AND I like it) and Rapid Xyz doesn't have sense unless you want to OTK with the Ruris. But YES, moar Ruriraptor support, too sad that WR reprints ruined it...

Crow: Please use decent cards besides Oroshi and Raikiri next episode and let that Oborokage be splashable since reusing Black Rose Dragon again and again is nice.

And Roger... is such an ass, the poor Yuya has recived so much kicks to his self-esteem ultimately and now Roger will make him pass on the Dark Side of the Force thanks to the power of Egao.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 05:02 PM
RR - Rapid Xyz will be only good if you can summon non RR monsters with it, otherwise you have to depend on having 3 level 4 RRs during your opponents turn, which is ... decent.
RR - Sanctuary is a Pot of Greed with an easy to fulfill condition, so it either has an OPT clause or will be instantly at 3 in any RR deck.
RR - Pain Lanius is a second Fuzzy Lanius, without the search, but with Rank 3 support.
RR - Avenge Vulture is mediocre, and even with Pain Lanius at 3 too situational. Except they will buff him to react to any damage, but that won't happen...

Rygoken
8th November 2015, 05:07 PM
RR - Rapid Xyz will be only good if you can summon non RR monsters with it, otherwise you have to depend on having 3 level 4 RRs during your opponents turn, which is ... decent.
RR - Sanctuary is a Pot of Greed with an easy to fulfill condition, so it either has an OPT clause or will be instantly at 3 in any RR deck.
RR - Pain Lanius is a second Fuzzy Lanius, without the search, but with Rank 3 support.
RR - Avenge Vulture is mediocre, and even with Pain Lanius at 3 too situational. Except they will buff him to react to any damage, but that won't happen...
To be fair we thought they wouldn't buff last strix and call but they made them a whole lot playable so I am willing to put some trust in them and see what they do from here.

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 05:08 PM

Wait so you WOULDN'T run 3 if it was OPT?

It will probably OPT with a special summon lock on non raptors

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 05:28 PM
Wanna know the irony of the new RR I read in another site? Pain Lanius and Avenge Vulture would work very nice in a Performage Deck.

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
8th November 2015, 05:53 PM
Wanna know the irony of the new RR I read in another site? Pain Lanius and Avenge Vulture would work very nice in a Performage Deck.

gtfo :mad:

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 05:56 PM
gtfo :mad:

Time for more torture: I see Ruri's Deck working with Dennis' Deck too mwahahaha!

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 05:58 PM
Til you remember you can throw clowns in fucking anything

Now watch Ruri use a rank 1 deck that archetype locks

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 06:02 PM
Til you remember you can throw clowns in fucking anything

Now watch Ruri use a rank 1 deck that archetype locks

I can throw clowns in anything, but can you throw anything on clowns?

I see Ruri's monsters being singing birds and the Xyzs as lolis with wings and feathers (And I bet it will either be Rank 4 masked as Rank 2 OR masked as Rank 1, I would prefer Rank 2 because of the toolbox tho, but Rank 1 support won't hurt if that's the case).

WeekendWarrior
8th November 2015, 06:47 PM
I hope the monster Xyz is a R4 Raidraptor monster with an Icarus effect... something to make RR - Rapid Xyz AMAZING.

Raidraptor - Daedalus Falcon
2200 ATK / 600 DEF
You can detach all Xyz materials from this card, target up to 2 cards on the field and destroy them.
When this card is sent to the graveyard, Target 1 "Raidraptor" card in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do return this card from your Graveyard to the Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Daedalus Falcon" once per turn.

TheRamenNoodle
8th November 2015, 07:06 PM
Bird? Bird! BIIIIRRRRD!

I sorta like birds.

yshipster
8th November 2015, 07:13 PM
I hope the monster Xyz is a R4 Raidraptor monster with an Icarus effect... something to make RR - Rapid Xyz AMAZING.

Raidraptor - Daedalus Falcon
2200 ATK / 600 DEF
You can detach all Xyz materials from this card, target up to 2 cards on the field and destroy them.
When this card is sent to the graveyard, Target 1 "Raidraptor" card in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do return this card from your Graveyard to the Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Daedalus Falcon" once per turn.

The episode calls "Ultimate Falcon" and Shun will use a RUM, so that won't happen... But maybe a Rank 7?

Jolan
8th November 2015, 10:01 PM
All these RR cards have RR-only restrictions, which is pain given the whole variety of RR XYZ we have as of this moment (which is to say, almost none)

More than half of them can't be summoned without a RUM, and I just find that annoying. Force Strix and Rise Falcon are your only R4 options if you get locked via Fuzzy, for example. It's not that I don't appreciate Force Strix detaching Fuzzy to search, but I really suffer from the lack of the general R4 toolbox I would normally have. All my options are hidden behind using at least 1 RUM card.

Tribute Lanius only searches quick-play RUMS anyway, so we either need a stable RUM searcher or drawpower (from Sanctuary). There's a lot of RUM recycling via Raid Force and Necro Vulture, but getting them in your hand isn't an easy task. With an archetype Pot of Greed, that shouldn't be as hard. A specific RUM searcher for RR, on the other hand, might be a bit too excessive, but who knows?

I think that bringing that card to OCG/TCG, as well as increasing the pool of XYZ that RR can summon, is all the deck needs. It's already quite stable, fun to play, and cool looking. It doesn't have to perma-float like meta decks, but I'd appreciate some more options in it.

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 10:16 PM
The episode calls "Ultimate Falcon" and Shun will use a RUM, so that won't happen... But maybe a Rank 7?

hmmm the rank up is called skip force,
" target 1 raidraptor xyz you control and summon a rank 12 xyz by using it as the material but skip your next turn"

- - - Updated - - -

All these RR cards have RR-only restrictions, which is pain given the whole variety of RR XYZ we have as of this moment (which is to say, almost none)

More than half of them can't be summoned without a RUM, and I just find that annoying. Force Strix and Rise Falcon are your only R4 options if you get locked via Fuzzy, for example. It's not that I don't appreciate Force Strix detaching Fuzzy to search, but I really suffer from the lack of the general R4 toolbox I would normally have. All my options are hidden behind using at least 1 RUM card.

Tribute Lanius only searches quick-play RUMS anyway, so we either need a stable RUM searcher or drawpower (from Sanctuary). There's a lot of RUM recycling via Raid Force and Necro Vulture, but getting them in your hand isn't an easy task. With an archetype Pot of Greed, that shouldn't be as hard. A specific RUM searcher for RR, on the other hand, might be a bit too excessive, but who knows?

I think that bringing that card to OCG/TCG, as well as increasing the pool of XYZ that RR can summon, is all the deck needs. It's already quite stable, fun to play, and cool looking. It doesn't have to perma-float like meta decks, but I'd appreciate some more options in it.

i think we just need a generic rank-up-magic searcher spell. and it also helps other decks out too like gimmick puppets and decks like mine

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 10:24 PM
*walks away extremely slowly*

yshipster
8th November 2015, 11:13 PM
hmmm the rank up is called skip force,
" target 1 raidraptor xyz you control and summon a rank 12 xyz by using it as the material but skip your next turn"

- - - Updated - - -

i think we just need a generic rank-up-magic searcher spell. and it also helps other decks out too like gimmick puppets and decks like mine

I guess RUM Skip Force will skip some Ranks, so maybe he goes from Revolution Falcon into Rank 9.

Also please no generic RUM searcher. They will be abused for Number Z0 Hope Zexal instantly...
A Continuous Spell with the following effect however would be something I would appreciate:
Once per turn, you can: Discard 1 RR card from your hand; Add 1 RUM Spell card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. While you control this face-up card, you can only Special Summon RR monsters with the effect of a RUM Spell card.

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 11:16 PM
I guess RUM Skip Force will skip some Ranks, so maybe he goes from Revolution Falcon into Rank 9.

Also please no generic RUM searcher. They will be abused for Number Z0 Hope Zexal instantly...
A Continuous Spell with the following effect however would be something I would appreciate:
Once per turn, you can: Discard 1 RR card from your hand; Add 1 RUM Spell card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. While you control this face-up card, you can only Special Summon RR monsters with the effect of a RUM Spell card.

yes generic RUM searcher, and even if you dont want it we know itll happen sooner or later

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 11:22 PM
yes generic RUM searcher, and even if you dont want it we know itll happen sooner or later

Inb4 Card of Ascension in Dragons of Legend 3 (There are still Dragons to release like Numeron Dragon and fucking Number 5).

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 11:23 PM

Actually given how hard they pushed RUM, their importance in the anime. the fact that they haven't done it by now means they probably won't...

Also, it would require S0 to be banned on the spot otherwise the game LITERALLY ends with 2 Level 4s as you would instantly summon it with 4 Materials, which means 4 turns of 100% risk free setup

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 11:26 PM
Inb4 Card of Ascension in Dragons of Legend 3 (There are still Dragons to release like Numeron Dragon and fucking Number 5).

i completely forgot about that card lol, and how about we get numeron and armor in DOL 3 if there is one

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 11:27 PM
i completely forgot about that card lol, and how about we get numeron and armor in DOL 3 if there is one

Konami will have a good time nerfing these shits (Or see if they make "Darkness" playable at the same time while nerfing the broken monsters like Seed).

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 11:39 PM
I'd rather have some of the VAST quantities of HERO, Neos and Especially Sacred Beast support to make Fusion HEROS a thing again and the other 2 Viable as their own deck.

I mean take THIS (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fallen_Paradise), give it something that protects them A la Mound of the Bound Creator along with the Monster that summons the whole set from the grave for nothing (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Summoning_Beast) along with their other goodies, all crept up to current standards and we can finally have the Daemons that made Jaden "Asspull" Yuki realize he couldn't beat them without Deus ex Sabatial or surprise Rainbow Dragon on his side

For Neos: In no particular order
The Rest of the NEX Series
FUCKING FUTURE VISION (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Future_Vision_(Trap))
ANY NEO SPACIAN SUPPORT

Original stuff would be nice too..

Dyson Sphere
8th November 2015, 11:46 PM
I'd rather have some of the VAST quantities of HERO, Neos and Especially Sacred Beast support to make Fusion HEROS a thing again and the other 2 Viable as their own deck.

I mean take THIS (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fallen_Paradise), give it something that protects them A la Mound of the Bound Creator along with the Monster that summons the whole set from the grave for nothing (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Summoning_Beast) along with their other goodies, all crept up to current standards and we can finally have the Daemons that made Jaden "Asspull" Yuki realize he couldn't beat them without Deus ex Sabatial or surprise Rainbow Dragon on his side

ANY NEO SPACIAN SUPPORT

sacred beasts finally being playable would be nice, the only way right now is only as a small thing in a non sacred beast deck or going armityl otk through phantom of chaos or prisma

LolsterXD97
8th November 2015, 11:51 PM

ANY NEO SPACIAN SUPPORT

Muh wishlist would be:
DM: Orichalcos and Armor (Since my dream of Critias Fusions became true now).
GX: Neo-Spacian Support and Sacred Beast support to make them playable (I don't know, maybe a way to make God Neos decent and maybe remake fucking Neos Wiseman to the way it was in the Anime).
5ds: Yusei's Stardust Dragon stuff llike Converging Wishes and Jack's Red Dragon Archfiend stuff like Red Nova. Timelords too to rape Shockmotherfucking lock and Rafflesia (Aza only works on opp's turn right?).
Zexal: "Number 10X" Support and the rest of Shark and Rio's stuff.

And to go back on topic: I really hope that Blackwing - "X" The Hazy Shadow (The one whose effect according to the preview lets Crow Synchro Summon a Synchro from the Grave) becomes generic or at least something real, since I would love an alternative way of using dead Synchros.

The Sonic Duck
9th November 2015, 12:46 AM
I know pretty much everyone on this thread is a Shun fan and so am I, but I've got to give Crow credit where credits due, he's being pulling off some really cool synchro plays thanks to Assault Blackwings and next episode it looks like he is tuning with a lvl 8 tuner. He might be aiming for the coveted lvl 12 synchro spot. I've never hated Crow or Blackwings themselves, just that they rammed him into 5Ds story and made other characters receive no development.

ScionStorm
9th November 2015, 01:40 AM
Muh wishlist would be:
DM: Orichalcos and Armor (Since my dream of Critias Fusions became true now).
GX: Neo-Spacian Support and Sacred Beast support to make them playable (I don't know, maybe a way to make God Neos decent and maybe remake fucking Neos Wiseman to the way it was in the Anime).
5ds: Yusei's Stardust Dragon stuff llike Converging Wishes and Jack's Red Dragon Archfiend stuff like Red Nova. Timelords too to rape Shockmotherfucking lock and Rafflesia (Aza only works on opp's turn right?).
Zexal: "Number 10X" Support and the rest of Shark and Rio's stuff.

And to go back on topic: I really hope that Blackwing - "X" The Hazy Shadow (The one whose effect according to the preview lets Crow Synchro Summon a Synchro from the Grave) becomes generic or at least something real, since I would love an alternative way of using dead Synchros.

I'd add some of the Destiny HERO support, Asuka's Cyber Angels (The game's first Ritual archetype still hasn't come out), Fossil Fusions (in a meta ripe with grave dumping), and the Clear World series.

Dyson Sphere
9th November 2015, 01:53 AM
well i'm still hoping for shun to win i wanna see him vs yuya and possibly mid duel yuya changing to yuto like how they do in the manga

The Sonic Duck
9th November 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm with you on the 5ds stuff. I also want Zushin the sleeping giant printed. that's by far my favorite near invincible card in the anime.

Mystic TimeKeeper
9th November 2015, 08:43 AM
I'm with you on the 5ds stuff. I also want Zushin the sleeping giant printed. that's by far my favorite near invincible card in the anime.

Please be it, I'm totally playing that thing.

Thanako
9th November 2015, 08:51 AM
So I feel like I am the only one rooting for Crow here. No fans of 5Ds here? Or is everyone still salty about a format from what feels like a decade ago in the actual card game? Did you forget the only relevant deck in the entire game is based off of a current anime character? Sorry, but the logic doesn't make sense. Blackwings would need an upgraded searcher that works off of Special Summoning to even come close at this rate. Seems unjustified in comparison. Not like they're getting anything remotely close to Dark Law. That aside...

As a character, Crow embodies pretty much everything you could want, and unlike Shun, he doesn't let it completely cloud his judgement, which we have seen for quite awhile. I hope that he gets a nice wake-up call like Shinji did before the series comes to a close. It's weird how people harp on Shinji so much when Shun kind of does the exact same things, only much more frequently due to his status as a main character.

Shun's bonds with those around him and his unrelenting determination are great, but I feel like people look at Crow and just worry about new cards for the most reprinted archetype in the game. But, there's a reason for that. Like Shun, Crow is a very high-profile fan favorite. Sort of like Judai/Jaden and the HERO deck.

There has been a lot of discussion on this already in many places and languages, and the estimate is that the new RR will be R10, which is also suggested to be coming soon to a card game near you. The logic implies Death Double Force, or perhaps a new RUM card will be used. The theory is given more light when we saw the Summon of Blaze Falcon. Of course, we are due new main deck monsters from both characters, and the preview shows a new Blackwing Synchro that looks rather great in its own right.

Mystic TimeKeeper
9th November 2015, 08:58 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not worried for Crow since it has the status of having almost every thing he played printed somehow, that's the thing for me, Shun instead has that iffy record where the archetype stuff gets printed but at a strange pace.

I admit I'm having issues on how little Shun trusts others, but it's still more agreeable than Shinji since the lancers did actually have a spy, where Shinji basically went on circumstantial evidence.

If anything I hate Crow because I didn't plan on throwing money on Blackwings but that son of a bird is so goddamn convincing...

WeekendWarrior
9th November 2015, 10:02 AM
Bird? Bird! BIIIIRRRRD!
I sorta like birds.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/ag721/Blog/Screenshots/GS01-3.jpg

Yeah, that sounds great. An archtype only card that restricts it from Special Summoning. :D

How bout something a little different?

Raidraptor - Drunk Tactics
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Raidraptor" card you control; shuffle it into the Deck, then you can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

ScionStorm
9th November 2015, 01:54 PM
So I feel like I am the only one rooting for Crow here. No fans of 5Ds here? Or is everyone still salty about a format from what feels like a decade ago in the actual card game? Did you forget the only relevant deck in the entire game is based off of a current anime character? Sorry, but the logic doesn't make sense. Blackwings would need an upgraded searcher that works off of Special Summoning to even come close at this rate. Seems unjustified in comparison. Not like they're getting anything remotely close to Dark Law. That aside...

As a character, Crow embodies pretty much everything you could want, and unlike Shun, he doesn't let it completely cloud his judgement, which we have seen for quite awhile. I hope that he gets a nice wake-up call like Shinji did before the series comes to a close. It's weird how people harp on Shinji so much when Shun kind of does the exact same things, only much more frequently due to his status as a main character.

Shun's bonds with those around him and his unrelenting determination are great, but I feel like people look at Crow and just worry about new cards for the most reprinted archetype in the game. But, there's a reason for that. Like Shun, Crow is a very high-profile fan favorite. Sort of like Judai/Jaden and the HERO deck.

There has been a lot of discussion on this already in many places and languages, and the estimate is that the new RR will be R10, which is also suggested to be coming soon to a card game near you. The logic implies Death Double Force, or perhaps a new RUM card will be used. The theory is given more light when we saw the Summon of Blaze Falcon. Of course, we are due new main deck monsters from both characters, and the preview shows a new Blackwing Synchro that looks rather great in its own right.
Crow has now 6 BW Sychros that are looming to snag spots in a future set. And I wish they'd just drop it already. I don't want anymore BWs. I want something new or less traveled in the sets, not Crows BWs hogging even more slots. And no, I don't see Shun doing the same thing as Shinji. Shinji seems to want everyone to join in and riot and has no clear idea what's going to happen on the other side of his goal to topple the regime. Shun is not inviting other people into his dangerous quest to save his sister. Reiji had to convince him not to go on his own, half cocked into Academia, and join the Lancers as the practical way to go about saving Ruri. And as for Crow, he does not embody much of anything I want, including a submissive willingness to follow whatever Shiniji decides to do short of planting bombs. He and Shinji were planning to leave Yuya and the gang in the detention facility to rot and escape on their own, just the two of them. Yeah, you could say they were avoiding getting the others in trouble if the escape went south, but then there was NO plan to come back and get the others either. He's not as insufferable as Shinji in this show, but he's not that great either. I am a fan of 5Ds and I was never a fan of Crow. And it had nothing to do with a format or the meta.

Shun is on edge because he has good reason to be in almost every moment. Every moment he is not spending crashing down on Academia is a moment they could be doing who knows what to her-or about to. And to top it off, not only did the Lancers(a group he reluctantly joined because he couldn't save her on his own) have a spy- but the spy turned out to be the one who triggered the invasion on Heartland and got his sister kidnapped in the first place. His entire home world is a wreckage and ruin stomped to the ground by Ancient Gear Golems. How is it inappropriate to be that high strung in the face of everything that has happened to him?

Judai/Jaden is a main protagonist. He is of course going to have a huge pool if he uses just the one archetype.

yshipster
9th November 2015, 04:00 PM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/ag721/Blog/Screenshots/GS01-3.jpg

Yeah, that sounds great. An archtype only card that restricts it from Special Summoning. :D

How bout something a little different?

Raidraptor - Drunk Tactics
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Raidraptor" card you control; shuffle it into the Deck, then you can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

That would lead to the situation I don't want: Hope Zexal being somewhat generic.

He uses a new RUM and he Ranks Up Blaze Falcon into Revolution Falcon. We saw that in the preview.

Thanako
9th November 2015, 04:50 PM
Crow has now 6 BW Sychros that are looming to snag spots in a future set. And I wish they'd just drop it already. I don't want anymore BWs. I want something new or less traveled in the sets, not Crows BWs hogging even more slots. And no, I don't see Shun doing the same thing as Shinji. Shinji seems to want everyone to join in and riot and has no clear idea what's going to happen on the other side of his goal to topple the regime. Shun is not inviting other people into his dangerous quest to save his sister. Reiji had to convince him not to go on his own, half cocked into Academia, and join the Lancers as the practical way to go about saving Ruri. And as for Crow, he does not embody much of anything I want, including a submissive willingness to follow whatever Shiniji decides to do short of planting bombs. He and Shinji were planning to leave Yuya and the gang in the detention facility to rot and escape on their own, just the two of them. Yeah, you could say they were avoiding getting the others in trouble if the escape went south, but then there was NO plan to come back and get the others either. He's not as insufferable as Shinji in this show, but he's not that great either. I am a fan of 5Ds and I was never a fan of Crow. And it had nothing to do with a format or the meta.

Shun is on edge because he has good reason to be in almost every moment. Every moment he is not spending crashing down on Academia is a moment they could be doing who knows what to her-or about to. And to top it off, not only did the Lancers(a group he reluctantly joined because he couldn't save her on his own) have a spy- but the spy turned out to be the one who triggered the invasion on Heartland and got his sister kidnapped in the first place. His entire home world is a wreckage and ruin stomped to the ground by Ancient Gear Golems. How is it inappropriate to be that high strung in the face of everything that has happened to him?

Judai/Jaden is a main protagonist. He is of course going to have a huge pool if he uses just the one archetype.

From a Japanese perspective, Crow Hogan is the most popular character of 5D's that isn't Fudo Yusei. Arguably even more so, but that's not my call to make in the end. Ultimately, people like the Blackwing deck. People like Crow's voice, personality and rationale. One could argue that Shinji and Crow have just as much justification to feel sour towards their own dimension for enforcing a caste system that looks down upon them, as compared to it being outsiders that messed everything up. The Tops are sheltered and are implied to have very little knowledge of what is actually going on in the Commons; it's just they are fed from a young age that they are not the nicest or cleanest people. They are conditioned to be prejudiced against them. And the whole fallacy of the Friendship Cup helps these people rest easier knowing that there is a chance for those who deserve it to break free from that lifestyle. Of course, even the Commons were laughing when Yuya suggested being sent into a work camp wasn't a fair punishment for losing.

Shun has his own prejudices in a similar manner as Crow and Shinji. He views the usage of Fusion Summoning to be a bad thing. If not for Serena and Yuzu giving him at least the vaguest attempt at being open-minded, he would definitely be the most obnoxious character in the entire series. With that said, the recent revelations have him doubting everybody. And the same can be said for Crow and Shinji. They really are two sides of the same coin. They both have a hatred and prejudice against an entire people because they conflate every individual together instead of trying to understand the bigger picture. Academia think that they are doing a good thing, and the turning people into a card thing seems quite accepted in both Xyz and Fusion dimensions.

You talk about Shun needing convincing to open up, but then you throw out that Crow and Shinji had a similar learning experience without offering understanding that these two learnt from that experience as well. If not for Roger, Crow and Shinji would nod along and wish Yuya and the Lancers the best in the tournament. Wouldn't the appropriate response of someone living in the Commons their entire life be that you couldn't understand that life without the experience? Nobody can ignore that Roger's involvement with Yuya all along looks suious, though as the viewer you have a much different understanding than the characters would. Without the involvement of Roger, I could see Yuya's exchange ending with Shinji shaking his hand and rallying the commons to not give up. Yuya would still be kind of apprehensive of the whole thing, but I could see that happening.

Crow did not take kindly to Shinji speaking for him. It gave him a very uneasy and unhappy expression. But, Roger planted the seeds of doubt, and Crow had to admit to himself that his friend could be a spy... After all, the Lancers already had one. Shun assuming everyone around him is Academia is sure to be his fatal flaw as the show progresses, unless he can snap himself out of it. He was right once, and he's letting it get to his head. I for one find that very grating, but he can still learn from this experience.

Whether or not you agree with a deck expanding, a fan favorite usually will get a lot of callbacks. The same could be applied to the new Red-Eyes cards, Cyber Dragon cards, and even the new Blue-Eyes card. The Synchro dimension is a very abstract concept unless they borrow from the older source material. It gives something to focus on for the older viewers, a nice amount of fan flair; and a good vessel for the newer watchers to learn about.

I don't think you have to worry too much about the Blackwings. Shun and Yuto already have cards revealed, and they are on the cover if I am correct in memory. Crow having a very high presence in the op/ed themes might mean we will get his cards, especially his "new ace", but it won't be too much of a problem.

He uses a new RUM and he Ranks Up Blaze Falcon into Revolution Falcon. We saw that in the preview.

While that is true, we also have an understanding from the title of the episode that we may be dealing with a new Ace Monster from Shun and Crow, respectively. And we do see new cards from them both

Dread Kaiser
9th November 2015, 05:05 PM
nice of people to start using tags after teh damage was done....

Dread Kaiser
9th November 2015, 05:34 PM
on the topic of a RUM searcher, how about something along the lines of

Continous spell, Discard one (spell?) Card from your hand: Send one RUM from deck to grave, and if you do apply its effect

Quicker access to a RUM of choice, Repeatedly, but not adding it to hand, thus not allowing it to be used for S0 or 99

Alternatively, you can add it to hand with the condition of activating it immediately

Pendulum
9th November 2015, 05:40 PM
on the topic of a RUM searcher, how about something along the lines of

Quicker access to a RUM of choice, Repeatedly, but not adding it to hand, thus not allowing it to be used for S0 or 99

Alternatively, you can add it to hand with the condition of activating it immediately

Yeah, that seems a great idea.
A similar one would be something like

Continous spell.
Target one RUM in your graveyard; banish that target and, if you do, apply its effect (if possible, of course).
And then some limitations like "You cannot activate other RUMs the turn you activate this effect" or something like that.

yshipster
9th November 2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah, that seems a great idea.
A similar one would be something like

Continous spell.
Target one RUM in your graveyard; banish that target and, if you do, apply its effect (if possible, of course).

And then some limitations like "You cannot activate other RUMs the turn you activate this effect" or something like that.

That wouldn't solve the problem that you neither can add a RUM to your hand nor send a RUM to the graveyard right now. RRs already have enough RUM recycling cards (RUM Raid Force, RR - Necro Vulture).

To the Discard one (spell?) Card from your hand: Send one RUM from deck to grave, and if you do apply its effect idea: Good idea, but with the above mentioned RUM recyclers we won't be safed from S0 and 99. The only actual ways to completely solve this problem would be something like:

Continuous Spell: RR - [insert name here]
Once per turn, you can: Discard 1 RR Card from your hand; Add 1 RUM from your deck or graveyard to your hand. Xyz monsters, except RR Xyz monsters, cannot be Special Summoned by using an Xyz monster as an Xyz material.

OR:

Once per turn, you can: Target 1 RR Xyz monster with 1 or more Xyz material(s) you control, detach 1 or more Xyz material(s) from it, then send 1 RUM from your deck to your graveyard; Xyz Summon from your Extra Deck 1 RR Xyz monsters which is a number of Ranks higher, equal to the number of Xyz materials you detached from the target, by using it as the Xyz material. (Attached Xyz materials also become Xyz materials on the Summoned monster.) You cannot Xyz Summon for the rest of the turn.

LolsterXD97
9th November 2015, 09:04 PM
That wouldn't solve the problem that you neither can add a RUM to your hand nor send a RUM to the graveyard right now. RRs already have enough RUM recycling cards (RUM Raid Force, RR - Necro Vulture).

To the Discard one (spell?) Card from your hand: Send one RUM from deck to grave, and if you do apply its effect idea: Good idea, but with the above mentioned RUM recyclers we won't be safed from S0 and 99. The only actual way to completely solve this problem would be something like:

Once per turn, you can: Discard 1 RR Card from your hand; Add 1 RUM from your deck or graveyard to your hand. Xyz monsters, except RR Xyz monsters, cannot be Special Summoned by using an Xyz monster as an Xyz material.

What about this:
Raidraptor - Ascension
Quick-Play Spell Card
Activate only while you control and/or have in your Graveyard a "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster: Add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Raidraptor" monsters. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard and 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" card from your hand or Graveyard; follow that card's text as this card's effect resolution. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Ascension" once per turn.

Its a surprise factor Ranking-Up during opponent's turn.

Dyson Sphere
9th November 2015, 09:17 PM
how about just have card of ascension printed, even though i'm mostly just want a generic searcher so my main deck gets more consistency, the only rank up i can search in it at the moment is argent chaos force and thats if my trap is sent to grave

Dread Kaiser
9th November 2015, 10:24 PM
how about just have card of ascension printed, even though i'm mostly just want a generic searcher so my main deck gets more consistency, the only rank up i can search in it at the moment is argent chaos force and thats if my trap is sent to grave

Already covered why thats a bad idea, its just gonna make S0 more generic. I shouldn't need to explain why we'd rather not have that abomination be a thing, just so your main deck can get consistency...

Dyson Sphere
9th November 2015, 10:33 PM
Already covered why thats a bad idea, its just gonna make S0 more generic. I shouldn't need to explain why we'd rather not have that abomination be a thing, just so your main deck can get consistency...

S0 isnt that powerful and i want my main decks (Dyson sphere online, Gimmick puppet irl) to get their rank-ups easier

yshipster
10th November 2015, 12:03 AM
S0 isnt that powerful and i want my main decks (Dyson sphere online, Gimmick puppet irl) to get their rank-ups easier

I want to see how you perform a Rank Up while your opponent controls S0, then we can go on talking about a generic RUM searcher.
(Also don't forget that a generic RUM searcher would enable a Cyber Dragon Infinity spam...)

Dread Kaiser
10th November 2015, 12:46 AM

Sorry, the ability to deny your opponent the ability to do anything more then setting cards for their entire turn isn't that powerful?

Are you fucking high? Thats exactly what makes Shock Master so stupid.
Do this WITH Shock and you have 3 turns of complete dominance. S0 ends opponents turn with nothing but backrow, shock locks backrow, GG.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see how you perform a Rank Up while your opponent controls S0, then we can go on talking about a generic RUM searcher.
(Also don't forget that a generic RUM searcher would enable a Cyber Dragon Infinity spam...)

I'd like to see him Summon Gimmick Puppets or Dyson Sphere with S0 in play....

Dyson Sphere
10th November 2015, 01:08 AM
Sorry, the ability to deny your opponent the ability to do anything more then setting cards for their entire turn isn't that powerful?

Are you fucking high? Thats exactly what makes Shock Master so stupid.
Do this WITH Shock and you have 3 turns of complete dominance. S0 ends opponents turn with nothing but backrow, shock locks backrow, GG.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see him Summon Gimmick Puppets or Dyson Sphere with S0 in play....

sure i discard a machine summon deep space cruiser 9, discard another to summon another and go dyson then just kill S0, its not that hard. or i can simply summon a cyber dragon and destroy it and save my dyson for next turn where i use card of ascension to get quick chaos then do an otk

LolsterXD97
10th November 2015, 01:14 AM
sure i discard a machine summon deep space cruiser 9, discard another to summon another and go dyson then just kill S0, its not that hard. or i can simply summon a cyber dragon and destroy it and save my dyson for next turn where i use card of ascension to get quick chaos then do an otk

That's if you have the luck of starting with Cydra.

Dyson Sphere
10th November 2015, 01:17 AM
That's if you have the luck of starting with Cydra.

lol i get cyber dragon or deep-space cruiser opening hand most of my duels

Dread Kaiser
10th November 2015, 01:19 AM

Yeah just have to have 2 Deep-space crusiers in yer opening hand, and 2 machines to ditch for them, since you won't be searching
and hoping he has no backrow, since you can't do anything about it
and hope he didn't use C or S39 for a 4th material/Extra 1K ATK and extra turn of Fuck-off, since neither of them are beating over 3K

Dyson Sphere
10th November 2015, 01:23 AM
Yeah just have to have 2 Deep-space crusiers in yer opening hand, and 2 machines to ditch for them, since you won't be searching
and hoping he has no backrow, since you can't do anything about it
and hope he didn't use C or S39 for a 4th material/Extra 1K ATK and extra turn of Fuck-off, since neither of them are beating over 3K

that might happen if it was a utopia deck but we're talking about S0 as a staple, people wont even run c39 or prime so that wont happen so yeah i just summon cyber dragon or in the scenario where i get 2 cruisers which happens to me all the time i just do dyson and run over it, like i said simple and S0 isn't op at all

Dread Kaiser
10th November 2015, 01:38 AM
that might happen if it was a utopia deck but we're talking about S0 as a staple, people wont even run c39 or prime so that wont happen so yeah i just summon cyber dragon or in the scenario where i get 2 cruisers which happens to me all the time i just do dyson and run over it, like i said simple and S0 isn't op at all

You can't say what people can and can't run
I can easily see people running it for the extra 1K for the exact reasons you are describing, beating over it with a CyDra or something similar, like say.... Assault Halberd making a R4NK that can simply beat it over (Ark, another S0, Lightning especially, etc)

and now we go into other things
1, because you have an out (Unreliable out that is backrow vulnerable, unsearchable due to S0, thus has to be in your opening hand) doesn't mean other decks would. Its like an Ally of Justice player saying "(insert LIGHT deck) Isn't OP, look at all the ways I can kill them"
Just because Evilswarms could kill DRuler Prime, doesn't mean they weren't Overpowered.

see the problem yet, I can keep going if you need more examples.

2, suppose you DON'T open CyDra, You lose. (or are you gonna repeat what Momma Sophie did a few days ago and say "I can always do that")

3, Suppose you do have those around. Bottomless, Compules, solemns...EVERY TRAP OR FLOODGATE, you lose if any of them are around. And I'm pretty sure they have better odds of having 1 of those then you do of having CyDra

Dyson Sphere
10th November 2015, 01:47 AM
You can't say what people can and can't run
I can easily see people running it for the extra 1K for the exact reasons you are describing, beating over it with a CyDra or something similar, like say.... Assault Halberd making a R4NK that can simply beat it over (Ark, another S0, Lightning especially, etc)

and now we go into other things
1, because you have an out (Unreliable out that is backrow vulnerable, unsearchable due to S0, thus has to be in your opening hand) doesn't mean other decks would. Its like an Ally of Justice player saying "(insert LIGHT deck) Isn't OP, look at all the ways I can kill them"
Just because Evilswarms could kill DRuler Prime, doesn't mean they weren't Overpowered.

see the problem yet, I can keep going if you need more examples.

2, suppose you DON'T open CyDra, You lose. (or are you gonna repeat what Momma Sophie did a few days ago and say "I can always do that")

3, Suppose you do have those around. Bottomless, Compules, solemns...EVERY TRAP OR FLOODGATE, you lose if any of them are around. And I'm pretty sure they have better odds of having 1 of those then you do of having CyDra

dude you're just looking too much into S0, it's not that powerful, and i just said 2 of my more common ways to run over it, i have other outs too, infact those floodgates cant even touch one of my outs and they wont because they want their precious extra deck space, infact i don't see people even using S0 much honestly because of their precious extra deck space, and main deck space too, something that cant give them a bunch of pluses wont be used so card of ascension and S0 won't even be used dude

Dread Kaiser
10th November 2015, 01:51 AM
dude you're just looking too much into S0, it's not that powerful, and i just said 2 of my more common ways to run over it, i have other outs too, infact those floodgates cant even touch one of my outs and they wont because they want their precious extra deck space, infact i don't see people even using S0 much honestly because of their precious extra deck space, and main deck space too, something that cant give them a bunch of pluses wont be used so card of ascension and S0 won't even be used dude

/facepalm.....

Of course S0 isn't used right now, we are talking about a Hypothetical scenario where there is a RUM searcher, which would make S0 Significantly easier to use.

I really don't think you understand how Devestating S0's effect is. if a consistent way of dropping it appears, people will use it since it is basically Triple Shock in 1 monster.

Dyson Sphere
10th November 2015, 01:54 AM
/facepalm.....

Of course S0 isn't used right now, we are talking about a Hypothetical scenario where there is a RUM searcher, which would make S0 Significantly easier to use.

I really don't think you understand how Devestating S0's effect is. if a consistent way of dropping it appears, people will use it since it is basically Triple Shock in 1 monster.

i was talking about with the hypothetical infact i even mentioned card of ascension, and dude i've faced utopia decks before, and S0 just wasn't that good, i always got rid of it in 1 turn

WeekendWarrior
10th November 2015, 04:14 AM
S0 isn't good and will never be good, even if RR had an archtype only RUM searcher.
Do you honestly see RR becoming a degenerate engine?

yshipster
10th November 2015, 05:40 AM
S0 isn't good and will never be good, even if RR had an archtype only RUM searcher.
Do you honestly see RR becoming a degenerate engine?

S0 is only not usable because we cannot search RUMs right now, and RRs aren't not that bad. And the moment they get a RUM searcher, they WILL be abused as an Utopia/S0/Infinity engine...

WeekendWarrior
10th November 2015, 02:07 PM
S0 is usable. It isn't good. A single archtype gaining more access to a card doesn't make it any better.

Mystic TimeKeeper
10th November 2015, 02:56 PM
S0 is already a cursed beast that needs to burn into all hells by design alone, it's only fault is that it cannot be summoned consistently, and since Shock Master is a thing people obviously won't use him.

That said, if we get a reliable Rank-Up searcher we should still see Shock Master as the preferred option, but if a deck can use Rank-Ups to a good degree S0 becomes a serious issue.

Crow the BOOLET
10th November 2015, 04:18 PM
I honestly don't remember much from this episode outside...

Rise Falcon blasting off to space and Roger/t talking to Yuya

But yay for the match up of the century! This is like watching a football game. The Raid Raptors vs the Black Feathers!

...Now I feel like I'm interrupting a perfectly good conversation. D:

yshipster
10th November 2015, 04:27 PM
I honestly don't remember much from this episode outside...

Rise Falcon blasting off to space and Roger/t talking to Yuya

But yay for the match up of the century! This is like watching a football game. The Raid Raptors vs the Black Feathers!

...Now I feel like I'm interrupting a perfectly good conversation. D:

Since that conversation will never end, except we'll get a good RUM searcher, I'm actually glad someone interrupted it. :)

In my opinion Shuns dueling this episode was somewhat underwhelming. It feels like they want us to think that Crow IS better than Shun, which isn't the case in my opinion. Also, I will get very angry if Crow wins with 500 or less LP, since that is the amount of damage Shun could have dealt to Crow with Blaze Falcon, if he attacked first and used its other effect afterwards...

Never die
10th November 2015, 05:10 PM
It feels like they want us to think that Crow IS better than Shun,which isn't the case in my opinionGeez i wonder why you think that person with shun in your avatar and signature,despite being a different Crow than from 5ds,this is the case of a veteran vs someone with way less experience since thats the reason why they made Yuya lose to Jack,its obvious who they want to show/be inferior.As for me i don't care who wins as long as its epic.

yshipster
10th November 2015, 06:57 PM
Geez i wonder why you think that person with shun in your avatar and signature,despite being a different Crow than from 5ds,this is the case of a veteran vs someone with way less experience since thats the reason why they made Yuya lose to Jack,its obvious who they want to show/be inferior.As for me i don't care who wins as long as its epic.

I never said that Crow isn't a very skilled duelist, however Shun has not less experience than Arc V Crow (As you said, he's not the same Crow as from 5D's). I also wouldn't bother if Shun loses to Crow, even if I like Shun and his Raidraptors more than Crow and his Blackwings.

What I referred to with the sentence you quoted is the fact, that Shun missplayed with Blaze Falcon, and if Crow is going to win because of this, it'll just feel like the duel writer said: "I let Shun make some mistakes, since otherwise I have no idea how I can let Crow win this duel", which would contradict the fact that Crow is as strong as Shun.

Never die
10th November 2015, 07:24 PM
Or it may be more that the writers did it by mistake not purpose as they have done this a lot of time before even in cases where the protagonists would have won easier(not the mention the mistake Shun made is not that big of a deal as it may as well have been because he is in a hurry to beat up and unmask everyone).As for experience wise as it has been said in this episode by the kids that Crow has been through the same difficulties as well but he has been through this since the beggining unlike Shun who only started having difficulties since Academia invaded.Don't get me wrong i hope that if Crow wins he does not win with less than 500 life points because thats what it would seem like but again it may be more of a mistake than something leading to that.

Sanokal
11th November 2015, 01:48 AM
Wow, fandom. Just wow. Seriously?

All right, let's get this review underway.

It's Crow vs Shay, how could I not love this episode?

Both duelist's stubbornness gets reaffirmed when they zoom up to the starting line, that made me laugh. As for the duel itself, we saw Shay trot out some very useful new cards, with Pain Lanius being my episode favourite for finally giving us a Raidraptor that can mimic levels AND special summon itself. The return of some of his old cards, namely Rise Falcon and Raid Force was also greatly appreciated on my part, and Blaze Falcon is always nice to see. Judging by the preview for the next episode, we'll be seeing Raptor's Force too. As for Crow, this episode pretty much confirms that his deck is a low-level variant - and to be honest, this arguably makes sense. As a Common, it's probably harder for him to get hold of the better Blackwings. I'd like to point out the fact of his existence; introducing a character in Crow's role would have simply resulted in him being dubbed a worse version of Crow, and Shinji already gets that enough as it is.

But Roget, oh, Roget. He continues to impress me, and while it's easy to see that he's not entirely sincere, he brings up plenty of true points; his assessment of Sora is pretty much spot on, save Sora's feelings regarding Yuya and Zuzu (and he knows full well about that of course). And while the first time I watched the episode I was begging "Get back to the duel!", the second time around it was much easier to truly appreciate those segments. It's also a nice touch to see that both Yuya and Declan are calling one another by their first names.

Back to the meat of the matter; the dialogue between Crow and Shay. Roget dismisses it as unslightly, but I loved every second. They trade barbs that aren't unwarranted, and then the writers show up and roundhouse kick the fandom in the face with another trolling moment: they were well aware that Shay being a jackass would cheese a lot of people off, and have this commented upon. True, the kids don't understand the whole thing, and it was certainly sweet for Zuzu to defend Shay, but it was good to see. On that note, Shay hasn't developed as much as people seem to think; if you payed attention before he Pendulum Summoned in episode 49, he mutters, "Ridiculous". No indication whatsoever of accepting the other Lancers. The only development he had was being willing to work with them to a degree, and even then only pragmatically. That's almost certainly going to be changing soon though. Given that he knows as little about the other Lancers as he does Dennis, it's no wonder he doesn't trust the rest of them. He's still being a jerk, but it's understandable.

This seems to be the thing that people don't consider before farting out words: understanding. Why are these characters saying what they are, doing what they do? What does it look like from their perspective. All Crow has is people's word, nothing more. He has no evidence other than that of dimensional travel.

Rant and review over, and cannot wait for the next episode. From the looks of things, it's gonna be a blast.

yshipster
11th November 2015, 10:19 PM
"Get off with that shady effects!" vs "I'll settle this with you fast, so I can defeat the others faster!"
Truly, Crows and Shuns lines are outstanding hilarious.

As for next week, I'll try to not be hyped that much. Dennis vs Shun pt2 wasn't as good as the first part in my opinion, since it was just two wasted Traps and a topdecked RUM. Also, that "Phantom Synchro" stuff is nothing more than using a tuner + 1 or more non-tuner to Synchro Summon a Synchro monster from the graveyard instead of the extra deck. Sounds interesting at first, but just saves extra deck space if you look closer.

KingKaash
11th November 2015, 11:24 PM

Yes! This would be a great idea! Because I doubt they'll allow Commons Crow to use a Blackwing Dragon variant. Only Tops Jack Atlas can use a spin-off of a Signer Dragon