PDA

View Full Version : Quality of cards

SynjoDeonecros
8th November 2015, 03:55 AM
Just curious about this; I know when doing trades with card stores, quality is everything, but what about personal use or trading with friends? What kind of quality do you look for in a card? And, on a related note, if a card has multiple rarities, are you okay with having a lower rarity print of the card or do you have to go with the higher rarity?

Like, for me, if I had the money, I'd foil up as many cards as I can, but I wouldn't go overboard; as long as a card had A foil variant, even if it's a Super Rare variant, I'd like to get that. Also, I'd rather choose NM or Lightly Played versions of cards, if I can get away with it, but depending on the damage, I can live with a lower quality card. Slight creases or anything like that that aren't very noticeable but are still considered "damage" to a purist I don't mind, but if a card has a big rip in it or something, then we have a problem.

Dread Kaiser
8th November 2015, 04:18 AM
Rariry: Whatever is cheaper and/or looks better
Condition: If its intact enough that I can put a Sleeve on it, its good.

DelCtrl
8th November 2015, 10:03 AM
I only buy from stores, and most stores here in Brazil don't buy used cards, so the cards are almost always without damage. I also don't care about rarity, I'll always buy the cheapest one I can find.

When trading, however, I only trade if the card is on the same condition as mine or better. The same for rarity, I won't trade a super rare for a rare, even if said rare costs about the same as my super rare, unless there's a huge discrepancy in value.

Mystic TimeKeeper
8th November 2015, 10:13 AM
I go for cheapest rarity, but I'm pretty careful about the card conditions, that is something I always look.

About foiling, If I can I tend to go for all the Anime rarities, for me only 4 rarities exist, the rest are a hindrance.

Pendulum
8th November 2015, 11:42 AM
I like my cards to be as good as new. Don't like them even slightly damaged.
As for rarities. The cheapest. Though, I don't like Starter/Structure Decks cards, usually. I prefer the booster version. Unless it's expensive, of course. I like some cards to be holo, while others I prefer them non-holo. I think being holo ruins the artwork, sometimes.
I don't like Parallel nor Ghost nor Ultimate. For me, just Common, Rare, Super, Ultra and Secret.

ChaseLumsden
8th November 2015, 11:36 PM
Me: *Insert cheesy Protagonist one-liners about how even the shittiest of cards can be the best thing since sliced bread*
But in all seriousness, if there's a card I want, I'm blunt about it. If the effect is good in my deck, I'll take it. In terms of rarity, I'll take whatever is needed. If it's only available in a certain one, I'll try my luck first, otherwise I'll suck it up and give up my cards for it. As a friend though, of course, I'm not going to weep and plead for for a piece of overly priced cardboard.

Sanokal
11th November 2015, 06:03 AM
Have never really cared too much...but the crappiness of North American prints compared to the European (I think) that I get where I live has always cheesed me off a little.