PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm a Linka

Linka
9th September 2015, 11:39 PM
Hey there. I'm figuring this is the proper thing to do... I'm Linka. A longtime friend of NeoArkadia, and in general has been playing/been into Yu-Gi-Oh for... about a decade, now? I don't think I'll ever be free.

I generally play a lot of games. I have Nintendo and Sony systems, and a pretty good PC for stuff on there. I'm a hopeless consumer of all types of media, and have an obsession with collecting anime opening/ending videos. I also like to draw my original characters for a Yu-Gi-Oh-related roleplay, Duel Academy: R2-- which I also help moderate.

Hope I'll be at least somewhat more social here than I generally am on forums.

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 11:44 PM
Hallo, dear.

Good to have you here. (And I hope you have an easier time here than elsewhere.)

Linka
9th September 2015, 11:44 PM
I'm pretty much starting off in a place that just opened-- so it /might/ be fine, hopefully.

NeoArkadia
9th September 2015, 11:51 PM
:|a That might help, yes. I'm struggling to find something to talk about here, but nothing's clicking. Might as well let someone else reply.

thewanderlast03
10th September 2015, 02:38 AM
Excellent, someone else who likes to collect OP/EDs of animes. I find it enjoyable to just sit back and watch them sometimes. So ya, hey!

Linka
10th September 2015, 03:18 AM
Hey there! Yeah, I like to just sit down and watch a lot of them, too. Sadly, it gets harder to find actual downloads of them-- a lot of places are more concerned about the .mp3, after all, and places like YouTube crack down on uploads.

thewanderlast03
10th September 2015, 05:30 PM
Ya I've been running into that problem too. And if you do find them they are LQ, mirrored, or have the music modified to avoid copyright issues.

Linka
10th September 2015, 06:10 PM
Mirrored, I can almost tolerate. Low quality and audio mixed up, or even worse, having a weird border around it? It gets bothersome.

thewanderlast03
10th September 2015, 08:03 PM
Oh ya forgot about those ugly borders lol. Love those things... especially when it's larger than the video and full of their social media info and/or random poorly rendered anime pics. The struggle.

NeoArkadia
10th September 2015, 08:42 PM
More companies should try and put that stuff up on Youtube and the like for free advertising.

Bitch all you want about 4KMedia, but that's one thing they got right. (WHERE ARE MY 5D'S OP AND EDS)

thewanderlast03
11th September 2015, 03:18 PM
I agree with neo. I have gotten into a few animes just based off the OPs/ENs so it does work. 5Ds OP/ENs were amazing. Best in the series IMO.

Linka
11th September 2015, 05:20 PM
Yeah I really don't know what the general problem is with 4KMedia getting the 5D's openings. They just seem to be avoiding them like a plague. Maybe the rights with Masaaki Endoh didn't clear? Who knows.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 05:22 AM
Hey there, Linka. Pleased to meet you! I'm just another inconsequential regular of the Organisation, which kinda sucks when you have such an impressive resume. My best skills are generally writing and creating cards.

Mind you, if you'd like to make up cards with me, I'd be happy to share some with you.

Linka
14th September 2015, 09:12 AM
Pff, I dunno about impressive, but thanks for saying so.

Ahaha, I've actually made quite a few cards! Being in a roleplaying group, especially for as long as I've been, you sorta don't end up having the right cards for the right characters, you know? Heck, I made Snake cards before Cobra showed up and did actual Snake-related monsters. And then I made a musical archetype, and would you know it, like a few months later Yuzu showed up with Melodious Divas, before I even had a chance to use them. I had Ice Counter cards back when Ice Master was the only thing actually existing, though thankfully now they finally have actual support.

This happens quite a bit though, as you can imagine. It's hard to balance stuff though to not be too powerful, but also keep up with the current game meta. But yeah, I like seeing created cards! That big April Fools CAC set Org did before was actually really great, and I kept quite a few cards from there noted down.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 09:23 AM
This happens quite a bit though, as you can imagine. It's hard to balance stuff though to not be too powerful, but also keep up with the current game meta. But yeah, I like seeing created cards! That big April Fools CAC set Org did before was actually really great, and I kept quite a few cards from there noted down.
GOD, that was awesome indeed. I wish I had a hand in that!