PDA

View Full Version : Card Discussion: Performapal Secondonkey

Aromaiden
10th November 2015, 11:42 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/b/b1/PerformapalSecondonkey-DOCS-EN-R-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20151106171045

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Performapal" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Performapal Secondonkey". If you have 2 cards in your Pendulum Zones, you can add it to your hand instead.

Secondonkey is one of the many possible searchers for Performapals, that can also double as a Foolish Burial for them if they do not have their pendulum scales set. What are your opinions on this card?

Dread Kaiser
11th November 2015, 01:13 AM
Level 4
Searches on summon
nuff said

Aromaiden
11th November 2015, 01:55 AM
Honestly though, you'd think this card would be run more in the OCG. It has no once per turn restriction, good level, and can even activate when Special Summoned; it's a great card.

Amy Liad
11th November 2015, 02:39 AM
I used to use it all the time. I'd just dump Springoose so that on the next turn, I could NS a Skullcrobat Joker and search for a low scale, activate that scale, banish Goose to bounce both, then set the pendulum scales.

Unfortunately, with Monkeyboard now a thing, this usage of Secondonkey is kinda moot. Having your 'Pals destroyed typically doesn't matter because most of the ones you'll want to see over and over are Pendulums, so dumping Thunderhino with it isn't as helpful as it once was.

Do not get me wrong; I completely agree with you that Secondonkey is great. But...it seems like a "win moar" card, one of those rare examples of "personal preference" cards that doesn't automatically translate to "I'm a scrub and am using this card whether you like it or not".

Dread Kaiser
11th November 2015, 02:52 AM
I used to use it all the time. I'd just dump Springoose so that on the next turn, I could NS a Skullcrobat Joker and search for a low scale, activate that scale, banish Goose to bounce both, then set the pendulum scales.

Unfortunately, with Monkeyboard now a thing, this usage of Secondonkey is kinda moot. Having your 'Pals destroyed typically doesn't matter because most of the ones you'll want to see over and over are Pendulums, so dumping Thunderhino with it isn't as helpful as it once was.

Do not get me wrong; I completely agree with you that Secondonkey is great. But...it seems like a "win moar" card, one of those rare examples of "personal preference" cards that doesn't automatically translate to "I'm a scrub and am using this card whether you like it or not".

tl;dr version

Its outclassed by the other searchers

Amy Liad
11th November 2015, 03:02 PM
Pretty much, though it's a bit more complicated than "outclassed by other searchers".