PDA

View Full Version : Performages or Speedroids: which is the better engine?

SynjoDeonecros
14th November 2015, 06:50 PM
I've heard arguments for both engines, for different decks, so I'm curious which is currently the better one. One provides Synchro abilities, the other is a strong Rank 4 spammer. I know one is better than the other for certain decks, like you can use Speedroids to help out U.A., but Performages might pose a problem for it, but overall, which do you think is the better engine, currently?

Jolan
14th November 2015, 07:03 PM
This is comparing apples to oranges. Performages are a Rank 4 engine. Speedroids are a Rank 3 engine. They wouldn't really compete.

Dread Kaiser
14th November 2015, 07:13 PM
This is comparing apples to oranges. Performages are a Rank 4 engine. Speedroids are a Rank 3 engine. They wouldn't really compete.

What he said.

now if you just want to know which is better in general and not compariosn. Clowns are unstoppably broken, NOTHING can compete with them with a reasonable hope for success.

Amy Liad
14th November 2015, 07:19 PM
Why not both? Anything's possible nowadays.

Icematoro
14th November 2015, 07:28 PM
I can see a Speedroid-Performage deck making the Super Quantum Boss 10x better than the original deck lol

Dread Kaiser
14th November 2015, 07:28 PM
Why not both? Anything's possible nowadays.

Because mixing anything not!R4NK with clowns just gets in the way
They don't do the same thing, so they'd just step on eachothers foot and compete for Extra deck space

Not to mention just R4NK with Clowns on their own is so stupid good that adding anything is unneeded to begin with

Jolan
14th November 2015, 07:45 PM
An actual comparison would be something like .... Familiars, or Photon Thrasher/Kagetokage, in terms of rank 4 options.
Familiars sp. summon themselves on a spellcaster present and Gigobyte is searchable via King of Feral Imps.
Photon Thrasher is searchable via RotA, enters on an empty field. Kagetokage is searchable via King, and enters as a follow up to a normal summon.

The problem is that familiars can mix with clowns, since they're all spellcasters, so clowns can just make King, detach trick clown, revive trick clown while searching jigobyte, sp jigobyte, free new Rank 4. It beats out any other mixes for Familiars. Clowns are also searchable via Damage Juggler or Flame Mascot, don't require a normal summon or an empty field, etc. If a rank 4 engine exists, Clowns can PROBABLY privatize it for themselves. That's how we got ClownBlade after all.

Dread Kaiser
14th November 2015, 07:54 PM
The problem is that familiars can mix with clowns, since they're all spellcasters, so clowns can just make King, detach trick clown, revive trick clown while searching jigobyte, sp jigobyte, free new Rank 4. It beats out any other mixes for Familiars. Clowns are also searchable via Damage Juggler or Flame Mascot, don't require a normal summon or an empty field, etc. If a rank 4 engine exists, Clowns can PROBABLY privatize it for themselves. That's how we got ClownBlade after all.

Only direct Competition I can think of is HERO's, and thats mostly because Dark Law is his own brand of stupid. and thats OCG only thanks to Stratos

Still won't beat clowns, TCG they will just search 4 Solemns, set Warning and Dank law is dead. OCG, Shock lock GG

Amaryllis
4th December 2015, 12:44 AM
Ariadne the Add-salt-er. Until Konami changes the rulings on Pendulum Monster Effects activating from P-Zone destruction.

Jolan
4th December 2015, 02:09 AM
Ariadne the Add-salt-er. Until Konami changes the rulings on Pendulum Monster Effects activating from P-Zone destruction.

Legit change that ruling and make it so pendulum monsters can't float as scales, so many things will be fixed.