PDA

View Full Version : Episode 82: BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS!!!!!!!!

Cheesedude
15th November 2015, 02:56 AM
Just what the hell is Phantom Synchro (we know it has to do with summoning from the Graveyard, but is it an actually evolved form too?

What Rank of Raidraptor will get this time?

Who wins? Does anyone win? What does Shun see?

Will Yuya accept Roger's deal? Will Yuya teach him to really smile?

Will Yuzu escape from the tyranny of Crow's kids?

Dyson Sphere
15th November 2015, 03:03 AM
in the preview it clearly said he's synchroing into a monster in the grave, rank of rr i'm predicting 9 or 10, shun see's yuri and mistakes him for yuto, i'm predicting tie, but i'm hoping shun wins so he can duel yuya and yuto can come out and duel a little and get shun to trust the lancers, yuya will until some shit happens, no she wont

The Sonic Duck
15th November 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm actually Placing my bets on the new RR being a rank 7.

*edit* My guess is that phantom synchro lets you summon a synchro from the grave but lets you get its eff it normally only has on synchro. I can definitely see the use for that, Using a Blackrose twice in a duel would be useful.

Dyson Sphere
15th November 2015, 03:18 AM
I'm actually Placing my bets on the new RR being a rank 7.

*edit* My guess is that phantom synchro lets you summon a synchro from the grave but lets you get its eff it normally only has on synchro. I can definitely see the use for that, Using a Blackrose twice in a duel would be useful.

or trishula twice in a duel, and the rank-up magic is called skip force so either it skips a few ranks or some phase(yours or opponents) is skipped

Indytotof
15th November 2015, 08:45 AM
Sooooooo

> Shun riding Revolution Falcon to save kid

> Smile with Crow

> Birdfist together

butterflies_flutter_by
15th November 2015, 09:18 AM
Has anyone found out the new xyz's effect, or skip force? I am absolutely dying to find out what these do? Also does anyone know if the preview for 83 confirms Sora's gonna duel? I want new fluffals and frightfurs too haha

Rygoken
15th November 2015, 09:43 AM
Sooooooo

> Shun riding Revolution Falcon to save kid

> Smile with Crow

> Birdfist together

Link?link to episode

Indytotof
15th November 2015, 09:52 AM
http://up.b9dm.com/new/92766.html

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
15th November 2015, 10:14 AM
http://up.b9dm.com/new/92766.html

This link does absolutely nothing, I click on it and it takes me back to the same page.

Mystic TimeKeeper
15th November 2015, 10:20 AM
This link does absolutely nothing, I click on it and it takes me back to the same page.

Scroll down and click a few times, after going through a lot of Pop-Ups it should open.

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
15th November 2015, 10:25 AM
Scroll down and click a few times, after going through a lot of Pop-Ups it should open.

Oooooohhhhh...

yshipster
15th November 2015, 10:31 AM
OMG that episode...

Despite Shun losing, my fandom has been satisfied, but let's get through the episode for now:

Crow used quite a few copies of Raikiri, however I did not notice that Phantom Synchro at all, it just seemed that he could return a Synchro to his Extra Deck in the end...

However, Shun got some pretty nice new cards. He got a (RR?) Counter that negates destruction and lets you draw a card (which he didn't used, but it's still nice).
Also he has his own Astral Force (Skip Force), which can recycle itself by discarding a RUM(?). He also had a second Raid Force if I noticed it right.

Oh and that Ultimate Falcon... It negates all effects and reduces the ATK of Special Summoned monsters by 1000 the turn it is summoned by a RUM, if I'm right. Also it cannot be destroyed by special summoned monsters effects (and has 3500 ATK/Rank 10).

Black Thunder however did exactly the same as Crows Rank 9, which is... ok.

Oh and the most important part: Shun being nice while riding Revolution Falcon to snatch idiot kids from the sky is fuckin' hilarious. I'm actually glad that Shun and Crow are friends now, and I guess they agreed to help each other? So Crow as a Lancer seems confirmed now (not only by the opening). And Shun smiling seems ... new, but I like it.

EDIT: Shuns new monsters effect: Do not read if you don't want to get spoiled! (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Ultimate_Falcon)

ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt
15th November 2015, 10:44 AM
OMG that episode...

Despite Shun losing, my fandom has been satisfied, but let's get through the episode for now:

Crow used quite a few copies of Raikiri, however I did not notice that Phantom Synchro at all, it just seemed that he could return a Synchro to his Extra Deck in the end...

However, Shun got some pretty nice new cards. He got a (RR?) Counter that negates destruction and lets you draw a card (which he didn't used, but it's still nice).
Also he has his own Astral Force (Skip Force), which can recycle itself by discarding a RUM(?). He also had a second Raid Force if I noticed it right.

Oh and that Ultimate Falcon... It negates all effects and reduces the ATK of Special Summoned monsters by 1000 the turn it is summoned by a RUM, if I'm right. Also it cannot be destroyed by special summoned monsters effects (and has 3500 ATK/Rank 10).

Black Thunder however did exactly the same as Crows Rank 9, which is... ok.

Oh and the most important part: Shun being nice while riding Revolution Falcon to snatch idiot kids from the sky is fuckin' hilarious. I'm actually glad that Shun and Crow are friends now, and I guess they agreed to help each other? So Crow as a Lancer seems confirmed now (not only by the opening). And Shun smiling seems ... new, but I like it.

EDIT: Shuns new monsters effect: Do not read if you don't want to get spoiled! (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Ultimate_Falcon)

Shun had to lose at some point but I still can't stand him losing to Crow, I would have been more fine if Shun let Crow win or if he'd verse someone powerful... Crow is a joke in Arc-V to me so far.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 11:57 AM
The Rank 10 didn't a 3D Animation like Rise, Revolution or Satellite Cannon, does that mean we will be getting a Rank 12 too?

And yeah, better Konami doesn't nerf Gofu.

yshipster
15th November 2015, 12:22 PM
The Rank 10 didn't a 3D Animation like Rise, Revolution or Satellite Cannon, does that mean we will be getting a Rank 12 too?

And yeah, better Konami doesn't nerf Gofu.

Waht would be superior to "Ultimate"? I guess this is Shuns final form, but we may get Rank 7 and 9... (and 1?)

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 12:30 PM
Waht would be superior to "Ultimate"? I guess this is Shuns final form, but we may get Rank 7 and 9... (and 1?)

Final Falcon?

Jolan
15th November 2015, 03:03 PM
Wow look at all these amazing Shun cards that we won't be getting in SPWR...Sorry, I'm just salty that we're finally given a Shun booster set and he decides to pull out all his amazing RR cards in the anime afterwards. What's the likelihood of us getting the new RUM and the new XYZ anyway?

yshipster
15th November 2015, 04:56 PM
We'll get them for sure... next year... when Shining Victories is released...
No but seriously, Desperate (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Desperate), Sanctuary (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Sanctuary), Pain Lanius (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Pain_Lanius) and Ultimate Falcon (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raidraptor_-_Ultimate_Falcon) are too strong as that they won't print them.

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 05:26 PM
Not only are Crows monsters boring as fuck and always do the same bs (ATK, Destruction, Damage) but
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Gofu_the_Hazy_Shadow This bs would be a one card god tribute engine and can revive Level 6 and 7 Synchros without even Normal Summoning
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sky_Excalibur
Complete immunity and it floats... Crow never surprises me with his overpowered cards

Dyson Sphere
15th November 2015, 05:32 PM
Not only are Crows monsters boring as fuck and always do the same bs (ATK, Destruction, Damage) but
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Gofu_the_Hazy_Shadow This bs would be a one card god tribute engine and can revive Level 6 and 7 Synchros without even Normal Summoning
Complete immunity and it floats... Crow never surprises me with his overpowered cards

and if you summon a lvl 2 or 3 you could get off a 2nd trishula and then a 3rd since it returns to extra deck.... so thats a thing

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 05:40 PM

By the good side Crow played decent cards in this duel, overpowerd but decent. Now some combos with Gofu:
-Summon Gofu and Tokens, Normal Summon Gale Dogra and send Trish to Grave, Synchro Summon Trish from Grave, banish card from opp's hand, profit.
-Summon Black Rose and nuke field, Summon Gofu and Tokens to Synchro again for Black Rose.
-Summon Gofu with Hawk Joe, Summon Tokens and then Synchro Summon Nothung from Grave.
-Level Eater Gofu, Synchro for Sohaya which revies Raikiri OR Kunai and go for Ultimaya Tzolkin, which then you can abuse with Gofu to Synchro Summon the Special Summoned Dragons.

I fell in love with that monster, so many ways to use monsters that only trigger when Synchro Summoned.

Dread Kaiser
15th November 2015, 05:47 PM
By the good side Crow played decent cards in this duel. Now some combos with Gofu:
-Summon Gofu and Tokens, Normal Summon Gale Dogra and send Trish to Grave, Synchro Summon Trish from Grave, profit.
-Summon Black Rose and nuke field, Summon Gofu and Tokens to Synchro again for Black Rose.
-Summon Gofu with Hawk Joe, Summon Tokens and then Synchro Summon Nothung from Grave.
-Level Eater Gofu, Synchro for Sohaya which revies Raikiri OR Kunai and go for Ultimaya Tzolkin, which then you can abuse with Gofu to Synchro Summon the Special Summoned Dragons.

I fell in love with that monster, so many ways to use monsters that only trigger when Synchro Summoned.

The "Must be Properly Summoned" rule would probably still apply you know, assuming it doesn't get limited to Blackwings altogether

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 05:48 PM
The "Must be Properly Summoned" rule would probably still apply you know, assuming it doesn't get limited to Blackwings altogether

It still applies? I guessed it would work because the card says it is a Synchro Summon.

EDIT: Anyway, the only combo I had that would work with sending the Monster from Extra Deck to Grave was Trish so it isn't a problem for me (But damm, I would splash that fucking Gofu in all my Synchro Decks if it is made generic).

Dread Kaiser
15th November 2015, 05:50 PM
It still applies? I guessed it would work because the card says it is a Synchro Summon.

Keyword "Probably". there is no Precedent or anything to extrapolate from so no way to say for sure, but it wouldn't Surprise me.
not to mention we don't have IRL Gofu yet, so they could end up changing it to just Special Summon

in other words, don't get your hopes up, that would be an amazing thing for Synchros after all, and we know how Konami feels about Synchros

yshipster
15th November 2015, 05:51 PM

With the anime woding it works. But don't forget, in the anime you can send Frightfur Bear from the Extra Deck to the graveyard and then revive it, and you can negate lingering effects, too.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 05:52 PM
With the anime woding it works. But don't forget, in the anime you can send Frightfur Bear from the Extra Deck to the graveyard and then revive it, and you can negate lingering effects, too.

But wasn't Bear Fusion Summoned before that? Now with the Lingering Effects like Misdirection Wing that's screw the rules, but about Bear I'm not sure.

yshipster
15th November 2015, 05:54 PM
But wasn't Bear Fusion Summoned before that? Now with the Lingering Effects like Misdirection Wing that's screw the rules, but about Bear I'm not sure.

He used De-Fusion to return it to the Extra Deck. So normally, you would have to Fusion Summon it again, before you could revive it.

Dread Kaiser
15th November 2015, 05:55 PM
He used De-Fusion to return it to the Extra Deck. So normally, you would have to Fusion Summon it again, before you could revive it.

and the Anime lets "Ignoring the summoning conditions" go around that

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 05:55 PM
Obviously this card is going to get nerfed heavily. The summon won't be treated as a Synchro Summon and it will mostlikely only work with blackwings.

Dread Kaiser
15th November 2015, 05:58 PM
Obviously, otherwise that would be a good thing for a Not!R4NK deck

on the other hand, it would also be a good thing for BlackWing$, so maybe they'd let it happen

yshipster
15th November 2015, 05:58 PM
and the Anime lets "Ignoring the summoning conditions" go around that

Indeed.

For that Phantom Synchro: I guess it will Special Summon a Blackwing Synchro from the grave and treats that as a Synchro Summon, but the card will be returned to the Extra Deck when it leaves the field.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 06:01 PM
If it is reduced to pure Blackwings I would still use it, its a 1 card Hawk Joe/Raikiri/Nothung from the Grave after all which you can reuse after it returns to the Extra.

yshipster
15th November 2015, 06:01 PM
If it is reduced to pure Blackwings I would still use it, its a 1 card Hawk Joe/Raikiri/Nothung from the Grave after all which you can reuse after it returns to the Extra.

I can't see that thing being generic, it would totally bypass the banlist...

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 06:02 PM
Obviously, otherwise that would be a good thing for a Not!R4NK deck

on the other hand, it would also be a good thing for BlackWing$, so maybe they'd let it happen

Abyss reviving this shit over and over again. And Extra Tokens. I would even run Trump Witch again just so I can summon Wyarm

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 06:08 PM
I can't see that thing being generic, it would totally bypass the banlist...

Shock Master is still alive in OCG besides being cancer personified, this would be Limited at least or Semi (Since when Konami cared about Synchros doing damage? Besides Brionac and Dark Strike Fighter). Now if they made Sky Excalibur untouched, then Clowns would be really a problem... (Imagine a Shock or Naturia Beast inmune to any card effect...)

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 06:11 PM
Shock Master is still alive in OCG besides being cancer personified, this would be Limited at least or Semi (Since when Konami cared about Synchros doing damage? Besides Brionac and Dark Strike Fighter). Now if they made Sky Excalibur untouched, then Clowns would be really a problem... (Imagine a Shock or Naturia Beast inmune to any card effect...)

Shocklcok is Shueishas Pet. They can't ban it because they don't want it.

yshipster
15th November 2015, 06:13 PM

Anything would be a problem with Sky Excalibur, and I'm afraid Konami thinks that this will make it balanced...

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 06:16 PM
Anything would be a problem with Sky Excalibur, and I'm afraid Konami thinks that this will make it balanced...

Not really. As retarded as the card is, noone would run it simply because it doesn't do anything.

yshipster
15th November 2015, 06:18 PM
Not really. As retarded as the card is, noone would run it simply because it doesn't do anything.

Thinking about it, it could at least help some weaker decks, while stronger decks would just ignore it. And now I start liking this card...

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 06:19 PM

Yeah, Equip Spells are low nowadays. And about Gofu, let's see what Konami will do with it, let it untouched to get another useful Synchro tool, or make it BW exclusive, or just make it stay forever in Anime land.

Off-Topic: Lol, 666 comments Mofiz.

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Thinking about it, it could at least help some weaker decks, while stronger decks would just ignore it. And now I start liking this card...

Until it's equipped to Quasar.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 06:21 PM
Until it's equipped to Quasar.

Then Satan starts being more relevant .

EDIT: Okay, after trying sometimes playing with the rules in sims, the Gale Dogra combo won't work, but the others combos will still work .

Brightshine Stardust
16th November 2015, 04:10 AM
After something called freakin' SATELLITE CANNON Falcon, the Rank 10 being simply called "Ultimate Falcon" makes it feels horribly underwhelming, despite the insane effects.

Not to mention apparently there's no epic CGI animation for it?

ScionStorm
16th November 2015, 04:14 AM
Maybe now that he has his 5 Falcons we can get a Vulture Xyz and some Strix and Eagle rank ups.

Thanako
16th November 2015, 06:25 AM
Finally we see Shun develop beyond his angst-filled self. It's nice to see Crow work out his dueling to a new level, and I'd say their interactions pretty much crush every criticism people had of each character. Crow has his backbone, Jack was most pleased once again, and Shun isn't being the walking angst. They really had me worried when they had him decide at the beginning of the duel that anyone could be an enemy. Yuya got in a good amount of development, too. It's a shame the next episode will most likely be filler, but I am sure it beats that Q&A duel. That was some Zexal level awful storytelling.

yshipster
16th November 2015, 03:16 PM
After something called freakin' SATELLITE CANNON Falcon, the Rank 10 being simply called "Ultimate Falcon" makes it feels horribly underwhelming, despite the insane effects.

Not to mention apparently there's no epic CGI animation for it?

Having no CGI animation sucks, however, Ultimate Falcon is a good name, and it's appereance totally fits the Falcon Evolution line.

Crow the BOOLET
16th November 2015, 08:28 PM
I love how Satellite Cannon Falcon was there for a good second before trading places with Ultimate Falcon. It does feel a bit underwhelming though. Maybe like how Satellite Cannon Falcon represented Shun's anger, maybe Ultimate Falcon represents Shun's true power? Maybe not. I dunno. I'm probably missing the point again.

Oh and the Shun/Crow bro moment was pretty awesome. Nice to see the Kurosaki get some character development and a friend.

ScionStorm
16th November 2015, 09:41 PM
And so was born the Birdbros .

yshipster
16th November 2015, 10:21 PM
I love how Satellite Cannon Falcon was there for a good second before trading places with Ultimate Falcon. It does feel a bit underwhelming though. Maybe like how Satellite Cannon Falcon represented Shun's anger, maybe Ultimate Falcon represents Shun's true power? Maybe not. I dunno. I'm probably missing the point again.

Oh and the Shun/Crow bro moment was pretty awesome. Nice to see the Kurosaki get some character development and a friend.

In my opinion:
Rise, Blaze and Revolution Falcon represent the different stages of a Revolution (uprising, all out attacks and overwhelming the oppresors), so they are metaphorically rising. Satellite Cannon is literally rising, but also resembles a weapon of mass destruction, which could represent the revenge Shun seeks against Academia. Ultimate Falcon kinda looks like the sun/a star, so it isn't rising anymore, but resembles some brighter future without pure hatred against each other.
Those Falcons also show Shuns character development through the series so far.

Rygoken
16th November 2015, 11:48 PM
Maybe now that he has his 5 Falcons we can get a Vulture Xyz and some Strix and Eagle rank ups.

Same we need other xyz to go into besides strix.

LolsterXD97
16th November 2015, 11:52 PM
Same we need other xyz to go into besides strix.

And less trash that Devil Eagle (While also more offensive, maybe a Rank 1 or Rank 4).

Sanokal
17th November 2015, 09:12 AM
The appropriate phrase for this episode is: "Aw hell yeah!"
I'll elaborate tomorrow.

yshipster
17th November 2015, 03:56 PM
And less trash that Devil Eagle (While also more offensive, maybe a Rank 1 or Rank 4).

He's actually pretty strong, if you have a RUM. The only problem is that he is too hard to summon...

Rank 1 is something I want to see, too. It'd be funny if it would be a RUM searcher, since no other Rank 4 deck could summon it...

Mystic TimeKeeper
17th November 2015, 05:32 PM
Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed by Ultimate Falcon, It looks so lazy both in name and in design to me, It strikes me as them having no clue on how exactly make it and they added spikes at random to make him seem cool, not to mention him having no build-up whatsoever.

And why Shun didn't use Satellite's effect before ranking up is beyond my understanding, that's what I thought but then I remembered I watched only the Raw and the Equip gave blanket immunity so that's explained at least.

LolsterXD97
17th November 2015, 07:20 PM
He's actually pretty strong, if you have a RUM. The only problem is that he is too hard to summon...

Rank 1 is something I want to see, too. It'd be funny if it would be a RUM searcher, since no other Rank 4 deck could summon it...

Pain Lanius and Call would make that easier, but it still cannot target himself.

Jolan
17th November 2015, 07:24 PM
If RR had a RUM that let you go either +1 or -1, I'd use the R3 RR.

Sanokal
17th November 2015, 07:52 PM
Remember fandom, do the smart thing and watch the subs so you understand completely.

Kicking things off today with possibly my new favourite episode (at least until I watch episode 34 most likely), we have the continuation of Crow vs Shay. After all this discussion about Phantom Synchro, it turns out to be minor at best. It was still pretty cool though. As for Gofu, it's likely that it'll either be limited to Blackwings or just the Graveyard. It's still a cool move, and while the execution has been shaky, I've quite enjoyed this new spin on Crow's deck.

Getting back to the duel, Shay as predicted uses Raptor's Force to bring out Revolution Falcon. And finally we get to see why Shay tried to cancel the duel, not because of the Obelisk Force, not because of the sight of Zuzu (who it would have been nice for him to react to more to be honest), but the understandably horrifying sight of poor Tanner hanging onto Raikiri. It's episode 127 all over again, but with no Trudge to save him! Conicidentally, I watched that one just yesterday.

Bah, who needs Trudge when you've got Shay riding in on Revolution Falcon? Shay pulls off the most awesome thing he's ever done by saving Tanner and then having a bit of heart-to-heart with Crow, FINALLY undergoing some genuine and likely to stick Character Development. After that, I didn't care who won. Even though Shay pulls out a new boss monster with (finally) Raidraptor's own version of Astral Force, and one that I'll be eager to get my hands on, Crow Accel Synchros (effectively) on the next turn with Raikiri to win with another powerful as hell uber-boss. And the card that made it possible? Bora the Spear. Take that. It's easily my favourite topdeck this series, with Yugo's drawing of Speedroid Double Yoyo being a close second. The birdbrains part as friends, and leave me giddy with enjoyment.

And of course, we have the continued debate between Roget and Yuya, which unlike the previous episode, clearly takes a back seat. Yuya manages to keep himself going for the whole time, while Roget sadly reduced a lot of his talk to cheap shots, having laid on the flattering in the previous episode. After the duel, Yuya is inspired as all of us and tells Roget to go stick it. Roget responds by ordering Zuzu's capture, and Yuya reacts as expected, before getting thrown in a cell.

Have I said all that I needed to? I can barely find anything wrong with this episode save the slightly lesser quality of Roget and Yuya's talk. Easily a nine or ten in my book. The new cards were all largely well designed, with the possible exception of Sky Excalibur and the minor lack of CG for Ultimate Falcon.

It was a fun watch.

yshipster
17th November 2015, 08:11 PM
Pain Lanius and Call would make that easier, but it still cannot target himself.

That it cannot target itself is a minor problem. But like Rise Falcon, it needs a pretty special field setup on your opponents side of the field to be used effectively, though it can be used much more effectively than Rise Falcon if you got it on the field. However, unlike Rise Falcon, Devil Eagles main problem is the lack of level 3 RR support, not the situational effect.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th November 2015, 10:29 PM
I'm kind of annoyed that apparently Shun and Crow were both okay with the idea that Crow was so focused on dueling that he didn't notice the kid hanging off his monster. I was expecting Crow to at least feel bad but it went a completely different way. Also disappointed it'll be a while before any new Raidraptor cards.

Dread Kaiser
17th November 2015, 10:35 PM
I'm kind of annoyed that apparently Shun and Crow were both okay with the idea that Crow was so focused on dueling that he didn't notice the kid hanging off his monster. I was expecting Crow to at least feel bad but it went a completely different way. Also disappointed it'll be a while before any new Raidraptor cards.

To be fair, the Bird the kid was on was Behind Crow

AccelRainbowDashley
17th November 2015, 10:37 PM

And when Crow found out, he called the kid an idiot and apparently couldn't command his monster to stop moving for two seconds to let him off.

yshipster
17th November 2015, 10:39 PM

Don't worry, Shining Victories releases in January, so you just have to wait two months ... :(
At least we should get first previews after Pendulum Dominion releases in December...

Raikiri turned around when he attacked Blaze Falcon, and Crow looked multiple times back to Shun during the duel. Also the kid shold have screamed. Though it is still possible that he did not notice it, because the D-Wheels are too loud and Raikiri too fast...

Dread Kaiser
17th November 2015, 10:42 PM
Don't worry, Shining Victories releases in January, so you just have to wait two months ... :(
At least we should get first previews after Pendulum Dominion releases in December...

Raikiri turned around when he attacked Blaze Falcon, and Crow looked multiple times back to Shun during the duel. Also the kid shold have screamed. Though it is still possible that he did not notice it, because the D-Wheels are too loud and Raikiri too fast...

Raikiri's wings could have also Blocked the view too

yshipster
17th November 2015, 10:47 PM
Raikiri's wings could have also Blocked the view too

I guess we shouldn't discuss such a minor thing. It already makes no sense that the kid fell because of the wind squalls caused by Raikiri and Blaze Falcon (so the squalls are behind those monsters) onto the foremost monster.

LolsterXD97
17th November 2015, 10:49 PM
I guess we shouldn't discuss such a minor thing. It already makes no sense that the kid fell because of the wind squalls caused by Raikiri and Blaze Falcon (so the squalls are behind those monsters) onto the foremost monster.

I wonder what could have happaned if he fell on Blaze and then Shun ranked it up...

Dread Kaiser
17th November 2015, 10:55 PM
I wonder what could have happaned if he fell on Blaze and then Shun ranked it up...

Or Fell on Satelite Cannon Falcon, and Shun DIDN'T Rank it up

LolsterXD97
17th November 2015, 11:36 PM
Or Fell on Satelite Cannon Falcon, and Shun DIDN'T Rank it up

And then Eternal Avenge Raikiri, poor Tanner.

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 03:19 AM
Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed by Ultimate Falcon, It looks so lazy both in name and in design to me, It strikes me as them having no clue on how exactly make it and they added spikes at random to make him seem cool, not to mention him having no build-up whatsoever.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too, at least about the name.

Never die
18th November 2015, 07:01 PM
This was a very nice duel,although the shun development came out nowhere i am stild glad he got any kind of development.Also best moment of the episodehttp://i.imgur.com/M02Wf5E.png?1 Now if only they bring back Zane so that he duels Jack it will be pure awesomeness,i don't want them to be friends like Shun and Crow,i lust to see them destroy each other.

Mari
18th November 2015, 09:34 PM
I wonder if Shun unceremoniously summoning Ultimate Falcon just like that means that we won't see him duel in a long while

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 09:41 PM
I wonder if Shun unceremoniously summoning Ultimate Falcon just like that means that we won't see him duel in a long while

Well, I'm still waiting for his Rank 12 RR.

yshipster
18th November 2015, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm still waiting for his Rank 12 RR.

A Rank 1 or the skipped Ranks 7 and 9 seem more likely to me right now, though I don't know if we'll ever see the latter ones...

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 09:56 PM
A Rank 1 or the skipped Ranks 7 and 9 seem more likely to me right now, though I don't know if we'll ever see the latter ones...

right now

Yeah, I don't think he'll duel a lot for now. At least on-screen.
Until the end of the series, I think we'll see at least one RR of each Rank. Rank 7 and 9 seem the most likely ones in the near future to me.
A Rank 1 seems likely to appear in a hard duel, where he summons a low Rank monster that'll change the game for him.
And then, at the final of the series, I want to see him Summoning a Rank 12 RR Eliphas style.

Dyson Sphere
18th November 2015, 10:08 PM
how about a rank 13 raidraptor, then they release all 3 rank 13s

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 10:15 PM
how about a rank 13 raidraptor, then they release all 3 rank 13s

No, that'd be too unreal. Rank 12 has the limit is fine.

And I don't want a Rank 13 in real life. That's anime stuff, belongs there and there only. It shouldn't belong there in the first place.

Dyson Sphere
18th November 2015, 10:24 PM
No, that'd be too unreal. Rank 12 has the limit is fine.

And I don't want a Rank 13 in real life. That's anime stuff, belongs there and there only. It shouldn't belong there in the first place.

why the 2 rank 13s weve seen arent really that op, and besides i want number ic1000 in real life so i can do the chronomaly atlandis otk i did on ygopro

LolsterXD97
18th November 2015, 10:27 PM
why the 2 rank 13s weve seen arent really that op, and besides i want number ic1000 in real life so i can do the chronomaly atlandis otk i did on ygopro

Numerronius isn't OP? You have 1 turn to take it down or its GG.

Dyson Sphere
18th November 2015, 10:29 PM
Numerronius isn't OP? You have 1 turn to take it down or its GG.

yes but you can easily take it down with common staples like castel or honor ark, or infinity

LolsterXD97
18th November 2015, 10:33 PM
yes but you can easily take it down with common staples like castel or honor ark, or infinity

If you have all the necessary to make them in that exact moment (And if you had the luck to took out C1000 at first place).

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 10:36 PM

What?

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Your opponent must target this card for attacks. If they do not, during the End Phase of that turn, they lose the Duel.

ATK 100000 / DEF 100000
I'm sorry, but where is the non-OP part of the card? And don't tell me you'd just use Breakthrough Skill or Castel.

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the attack of 1 opponent's monster, and if you do, gain Life Points equal to that monster's ATK.
An effect like this on a boss Xyz monster would be nice. But it needs a OPT restriction.

And I won't even bother speaking about NO 13.

LolsterXD97
18th November 2015, 10:39 PM
What?

I'm sorry, but where is the non-OP part of the card? And don't tell me you'd just use Breakthrough Skill or Castel.

An effect like this on a boss Xyz monster would be nice. But it needs a OPT restriction.

And I won't even bother speaking about NO 13.

And let's also not talk about his weaker counterpart C1000 (Fucking Goyo, Magnaliger which Summons C88 for game and Fiendish Chain on just one card, and it doesn't have to be your Battle Phase or even attack).

Dyson Sphere
18th November 2015, 10:43 PM
yeah but ive used numeron several times before on ygopro and i've never got ic1000 out once in that deck and rarely get out c1000, the numeron cards you really have to be worried about are calling numbers 1-4 and c1

LolsterXD97
18th November 2015, 10:44 PM
yeah but ive used numeron several times before on ygopro and i've never got ic1000 out once in that deck and rarely get out c1000, the numeron cards you really have to be worried about are calling numbers 1-4 and c1

2 words: "Numbers Evaille". And Number 100? That's the worst of all.

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 10:45 PM

That's an anime deck. What were you expecting? To work as well as in the anime? Were you expecting to spam No. C1000 or No. IC1000 for days? And what for?

Dyson Sphere
18th November 2015, 10:47 PM
2 words: "Numbers Evaille". And Number 100? That's the worst of all.

hmmm totally forgot about that

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 10:58 PM
And Number 100? That's the worst of all.

I wouldn't mind Number 100 being released. I actually want it to.
But with an adapted effect, of course.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st November 2015, 10:23 PM
Why does Revolution Falcon's Rank-Up effect change in its animation in every appearance? First it was carpet bombs, then tail-flamethrower, and now it's spitting purple balls?
Why doesn't Raikiri react to a kid hanging off of its back? Or, at the very least, why doesn't Crow just tell Raikiri to gently set him down? Why did Shun not get straight to the fucking point and yell out "THERE'S A KID ON YOUR MONSTER'S BACK!"? Of course the answer was for drama and so Shun could save the kid with his own hands but it's still fucking stupid. It's refreshing to see Shun as something other than a walking dueling salt mine with a penchant for extreme violence but at the same time the bromance did seem a bit overdone. Ultimate Falcon is a disingenuous name and has a meh design (especially without the glorious CGI) despite having awesome effects. Hopefully that points to a Rank 12 Ruri. Also when Shun and Crow agreed to go all out, the finale of the duel certainly didn't seem that way. I suppose the episode was pressed for time, but when Shun goes all out, I would expect something far more epic in scale... though I admit carpet bombing and Orbital Eternal Avenging are kind of hard to beat. Maybe we can get something along the lines of Nuclear Falcon...

Sanokal
21st November 2015, 10:49 PM
Why does Revolution Falcon's Rank-Up effect change in its animation in every appearance? First it was carpet bombs, then tail-flamethrower, and now it's spitting purple balls?
Why doesn't Raikiri react to a kid hanging off of its back? Or, at the very least, why doesn't Crow just tell Raikiri to gently set him down? Why did Shun not get straight to the fucking point and yell out "THERE'S A KID ON YOUR MONSTER'S BACK!"? Of course the answer was for drama and so Shun could save the kid with his own hands but it's still fucking stupid. It's refreshing to see Shun as something other than a walking dueling salt mine with a penchant for extreme violence but at the same time the bromance did seem a bit overdone. Ultimate Falcon is a disingenuous name and has a meh design (especially without the glorious CGI) despite having awesome effects. Hopefully that points to a Rank 12 Ruri. Also when Shun and Crow agreed to go all out, the finale of the duel certainly didn't seem that way. I suppose the episode was pressed for time, but when Shun goes all out, I would expect something far more epic in scale... though I admit carpet bombing and Orbital Eternal Avenging are kind of hard to beat. Maybe we can get something along the lines of Nuclear Falcon...

The first time, probably because Shay was pissed enough to want to bomb the city to the ground; presumably one can choose the variations. The third time, Raikiri was carrying Tanner by that point, so Shay was presumably going for an attack that would to the least harm and then catch Tanner. Raikiri didn't react because it's materialized; it's not alive. Why Crow didn't stop is as Melissa Claire pointed out; during a duel they're on autopilot and can't control the Runners to that extent. Why he didn't just yell what you said is beyond me, but he reacted immediately; Blaze Falcon and Raikiri cross under the overpass, and then in the next shot of the overpass on Roget's monitor, you can see that Tanner is gone, and right after that, Shay starts yelling at Crow.

So...you mean Double-Ranking-Up twice in one turn, only previously pulled of by Eliphas using Shining Draw WASN'T going all out?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st November 2015, 11:41 PM
The first time, probably because Shay was pissed enough to want to bomb the city to the ground; presumably one can choose the variations. The third time, Raikiri was carrying Tanner by that point, so Shay was presumably going for an attack that would to the least harm and then catch Tanner. Raikiri didn't react because it's materialized; it's not alive. Why Crow didn't stop is as Melissa Claire pointed out; during a duel they're on autopilot and can't control the Runners to that extent. Why he didn't just yell what you said is beyond me, but he reacted immediately; Blaze Falcon and Raikiri cross under the overpass, and then in the next shot of the overpass on Roget's monitor, you can see that Tanner is gone, and right after that, Shay starts yelling at Crow.

So...you mean Double-Ranking-Up twice in one turn, only previously pulled of by Eliphas using Shining Draw WASN'T going all out?

Duel Monsters are alive, to some extent or another, as demonstrated in literally every YGO series.
And "limited control of the D-Wheels" is crap considering the stunts they pull off
I will admit that Shun's acrobatics atop Revolution Falcon made it almost forgivable, though.

And yes, double-double Rank-Up is cool, but the presentation it got was lackluster. It didn't have the epic scale as, not just his other duels, but some of Yuya's. There's no back-and-forth with card effects and chains and action cards.

Sanokal
22nd November 2015, 12:19 AM
Duel Monsters are alive, to some extent or another, as demonstrated in literally every YGO series.
And "limited control of the D-Wheels" is crap considering the stunts they pull off
I will admit that Shun's acrobatics atop Revolution Falcon made it almost forgivable, though.

And yes, double-double Rank-Up is cool, but the presentation it got was lackluster. It didn't have the epic scale as, not just his other duels, but some of Yuya's. There's no back-and-forth with card effects and chains and action cards.

The degree of being alive varies. "Feeling" something wouldn't set Raikiri off.
That's why I said "limited" and not "none at all".
While that's certainly true to an extent, note that Action Cards came into play twice. The first time Crow blocked, and the second time, as Crow noted, Shay didn't need it due to Ultimate Falcon's effect.