PDA

View Full Version : Deck Devastation Virus

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 11:12 PM
So Crush Card got banned, erratad and came back. But there is one card that is actually even worse than Crush Card Virus. Deck Devastation Virus is a card that is pretty underestimated. Most Decks today run more low ATK monsters than high ATK. Your hand is likely to have a lot of monsters, only used as mats to get out big monsters from your Extra (with a few exceptions) and this card can pretty much lock you down forever. Its cost requires a 2000+ ATK DARK Monster which isn't really hard. You can easily Xyz or Synchro Summon that cost and make your opponent unable to summon anything, kill all their current materials, half their hand and even lock their next 3 turns for simply two cards and this is PRETTY FUCKED UP. Having that card around at three is not safe. I saw a Kozmo Deck topping in a YCS with it and thinking about it... it really kills off a lot of Decks.

Any thoughts of that card? I mean it could kill Tellars, Majespectors, ANY SYNCHRO DECK, Deskbots and even Clowns would suffer from it to a degree.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 11:24 PM
I still remember when one DW dude spammed me with the 3 fucking Viruses, I don't know how I survived. Also, this is nothing compared to the Anime Exclusive Virus, have you seen POL and his Deck Destruction Virus? Its cancer personified.

Jolan
15th November 2015, 11:35 PM
I'm not exactly sure on the rulings of that card. When does it perform the check? When does it destroy the monsters? I'd like to know more so that I'm aware of what it does exactly and how it can be avoided.

In terms of using it...A Dark 2000+ monster isn't difficult to make, with Dark Rebellion out now. Heck, I could run this in Monarchs 3 times and just tribute my Caius/Mega Caius/Erebus to cause massive havoc. Kozmo can make Dark Destroyer and tribute it....This is plenty playable in some decks nowadays.

Mofiz
15th November 2015, 11:38 PM
I'm not exactly sure on the rulings of that card. When does it perform the check? When does it destroy the monsters? I'd like to know more so that I'm aware of what it does exactly and how it can be avoided.

In terms of using it...A Dark 2000+ monster isn't difficult to make, with Dark Rebellion out now. Heck, I could run this in Monarchs 3 times and just tribute my Caius/Mega Caius/Erebus to cause massive havoc. Kozmo can make Dark Destroyer and tribute it....This is plenty playable in some decks nowadays.

Right after tributing the monster. And right after the checking. And you can't avoid it, the best you can do is using as much release escape as possible chaining it to the card. If you draw a target, you can't do ANYTHING. It will immedietly get destroyed

Pendulum
15th November 2015, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't mind to see that card limited. Just because it can be abused easily.

Jolan
15th November 2015, 11:45 PM
Right after tributing the monster. And right after the checking. And you can't avoid it, the best you can do is using as much release escape as possible chaining it to the card. If you draw a target, you can't do ANYTHING. It will immediately get destroyed

But if I draw an Altair, I can summon it to revive a Deneb and the Deneb won't get destroyed, right? So it's not as bad, but it definitely cockblocks a lot of decks indeed. It also doesn't pop Pendulum monsters as scales, right? So they should be safe. On the other hand, popping a Pendulum monster from the hand dumps it into grave....yikes.

Pendulum
15th November 2015, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, popping a Pendulum monster from the hand dumps it into grave....yikes.

That's the good part, actually. Because damn floating pendulums.

LolsterXD97
15th November 2015, 11:48 PM
Remembered that Clowns also have their countermeasure to that Virus: Performage Ball Rider (Basically a Shadow Veil for Clowns), if it ever gets released (Virus sends fodder of Clows to Grave including this guy, so it has guanterred protection for a bit).

Dread Kaiser
16th November 2015, 12:09 AM
that, and Pendulums already in the extra deck are essentially unaffected

Mofiz
16th November 2015, 12:23 AM
that, and Pendulums already in the extra deck are essentially unaffected

If you play against Clowns and you don't, you can give up anyway. But even then, you can get rid of the entire hand and make them unable to set new scales. That is aslong as the hand didn't contain Juggler, SKullcrobat or Monkeyboard

Pendulum
16th November 2015, 12:31 AM
If you play against Clowns and you don't, you can give up anyway. But even then, you can get rid of the entire hand and make them unable to set new scales. That is aslong as the hand didn't contain Juggler, SKullcrobat or Monkeyboard

Well, clowns would't really be affected. They should, but they wouldn't. Trick Clown would come back to the field safe and sound, in addition to a Damage Juggler being sent to hte graveyard, like you said.
I'm more concerned with other decks like Synchro decks, for instance.

Dread Kaiser
16th November 2015, 01:52 AM

I said pendulums, not Clowns
believe it or not they are different things

R3QU13M
19th November 2015, 12:57 PM
Yep, this card is being overlooked. I have used it in a Masked Destiny Hero deck variant against Burning Abyss while having two Dark Laws or w/Anki on board. You guys already know the result so need to explain further details.

Whats kinda scary though once Ties of Brethen gets released. A player could simply summon an Armageddon Knight dump Malicious or any level 4 dark warrior. Activate Ties of Brethren. Summon Zombyra the Dark and Shadowmist. Search for Mask Change. Set any virus cards *Deck Devestastion* (topic discussion) along with Mask Change and end your turn. Come the opponent draw phase summon Dark Law, search via Shadowmist. Then Stanby phase activate DDV. Tribute Zombyra. If Fear Monger or Defender on board the same with Crush Card Virus. Or if Anki is on board Eradicator Epidemic Virus. You guys get the point. But latter of the situation is how easily could be done with DDV due to it being unlimited.

R3QU13M
30th July 2016, 07:06 AM
Kinda resurrecting an old thread, in the matter of "Rebirth". Infamous nickname given to the oldschool Darklord OTK strategy. Now due to the recent support provided in Destiny Soldiers; Darklords could be one of the most cosiderable archetypes to facilitate both Deck Devastion Virus & Eradicator Epidemic Virus thanks to most of their stats are capable of fulfilling the cost requirements. You can even add a Barrier Statue of the Abyss into the mix to utilize Crush Card Virus too. Also recently CCV has unlimited status now, makes me wonder should DDV be limited or possibly banned like some have argued or is it too early to make obscure speculations?

Yuuri
31st July 2016, 01:05 AM
Kinda resurrecting an old thread, in the matter of "Rebirth". Infamous nickname given to the oldschool Darklord OTK strategy. Now due to the recent support provided in Destiny Soldiers; Darklords could be one of the most cosiderable archetypes to facilitate both Deck Devastion Virus & Eradicator Epidemic Virus thanks to most of their stats are capable of fulfilling the cost requirements. You can even add a Barrier Statue of the Abyss into the mix to utilize Crush Card Virus too. Also recently CCV has unlimited status now, makes me wonder should DDV be limited or possibly banned like some have argued or is it too early to make obscure speculations?

Wonder if I should even be posting here...might be necroing...

I thought about using the Virus cards in my Darklord deck, though I have yet to even find a proper build. Nevertheless, I don't feel as though DDV should be limited or banned. Sure, it could be quite useful against some decks, but it is still too slow and has a cost, but I don't foresee it being used very often.

R3QU13M
31st July 2016, 04:31 AM
Wonder if I should even be posting here...might be necroing...

I thought about using the Virus cards in my Darklord deck, though I have yet to even find a proper build. Nevertheless, I don't feel as though DDV should be limited or banned. Sure, it could be quite useful against some decks, but it is still too slow and has a cost, but I don't foresee it being used very often.

I agree its slow and requires set up but, the cost is beneficiary to the Darklords. Even though these are situational scenarios your Darklords can still resolve their effects if they are to be negated by cards such as Veiler, Fiendish, Breakthrough Skill, and Skill Drain in the same latter of their inhouse support cards. Also though even though it may be not used, it shouldnt be overlookd in contention...but in reality it'll probably stay at 3.