PDA

View Full Version : [OCG] VJump time!

Organization Messenger
18th November 2015, 06:00 AM
18th November 2015 05:57 AM

[OCG] VJump time! (http://ygorganization.com/ocg-vjump-time-2/)
Blue-Eyes, D/D/D, and surprisingly, Marik’s cards make an appearance!
First up, Shining Victories’ Blue-Eyes theme!
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/nXobG1j.jpg?w=605
Aokime no Kenshi (Blue-Eyed Wise Knight)
LIGHT/Spellcaster
Tuner
Level 1
800/1300
You can only use the (2) effect of “Aokime no Kenshi” once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 Tuner monster from your hand.
(2) You can target 1 Effect Monster you contorl; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Blue-Eyes” monster from your hand.
[9:46:28 PM] Gonzalo “Ness” Fuentes: try doing the synchro, decchi
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/N4KQqQY.jpg?w=605
Aokime no Gonshi (Blue-Eyed Guardian Knight)
LIGHT/Spellcaster
Tuner
Level 1
0/1500
You can only use the (2) effect of “Aokime no Gonshi” once per turn.
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: you can add 1 LIGHT Level 1 Tuner Monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Aokime no Gonshi”.
(2) You can discard this card, then target 1 Effect Monster you control; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Blue-Eyes” monster from your Deck.
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/eSfE9WZ.jpg?w=605
White Spirit Dragon
LIGHT/Dragon
Level 8
2500/2000
This card’s name is always treated as a “Blue-Eyes” card.
(1) If this card is in your hand or Graveyard, it is treated as a Normal Monster.
(2) When this card is normal or Special Summoned: you can target 1 Spell or Trap Card the opponent controls; destroy it.
(3) During either player’s turn, if the opponent controls a monster: you can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” from your hand.
http://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/xRAcR4X.jpg?w=605
Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon
LIGHT Level 9 Dragon Synchro Monster
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner “Blue-Eyes” monsters
(1): Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more monsters at once.
(2): Once per turn, when the effect of a card in the Graveyard activates: You can negate that activation.
(3): During either player’s turn: You can Tribute this Synchro Summoned card; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type LIGHT Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in face-up Defense Position, except “Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon”. That monster is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.
Check back for updates soon!

The Organization - Ending Misinformation (http://ygorganization.com)

Read on YGOrganization.com (http://ygorganization.com/ocg-vjump-time-2/)

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 06:03 AM
So. We still using Azure-Eyes?

EDIT: Read everything more carefully. Yes we are.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 06:06 AM
"Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more monsters at once".

So the new Synchro Blue Eyes is Anti-Pendulum

Nice!

EDIT: Actually limits Pendulum, that phrase would be more accurate

ScionStorm
18th November 2015, 06:13 AM
Marik? No Bakura?...

aera644
18th November 2015, 06:15 AM
YES my baby's are getting the attention they the so desperately needed I'm laget crying right now :,)

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 06:20 AM
They've been trying so damn hard for something like ten years to make the Egyptian Gods playable and they just don't get that Ra has absolutely no value. It's Sphere Mode is more useful than its base form. Would've just been better to skip that nonsense and just make God Phoenix self-sustaining. Now it's going to fall for the same reasons as the Majestic Synchros.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 06:20 AM
I'll say I'm pretty displeased with the Synchro DDD. The first Effect is weird and the 2nd one...well, it helps.

Indytotof
18th November 2015, 06:21 AM
Look at this beauty:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/e/7/e73a3568-s.jpg

And also this:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/2/0/20525d3a-s.jpg

And finally:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/4/1/415479b5-s.jpg

Yes Ultimaya upgraded form !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The arachnid Number
Whatever this other is.

Archfiend
18th November 2015, 06:23 AM
I'm actually quite excited for this Blue-Eyes support. Sure, its not game breaking (as of now), but it sure has potential. The Synchro isn't broken, but it has its merits. The Level 1 Squad are legit. Spirit Dragon is meh.

Majin
18th November 2015, 06:24 AM
Finally! I've been having the worst day. I mean, technically it's no longer today anymore but fuck it. This brightened up my mood (along with some funny posts courtesy of this forum earlier).

Archfiend
18th November 2015, 06:26 AM
Look at this beauty:

And also this:

And finally:

Yes Ultimaya upgraded form !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The arachnid Number
Whatever this other is.

UTLIMATA HAD A UPGRADED FORM???!!! When was this?!
Hyped for the Number 77~

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 06:28 AM
So a Light Level 1 Tuner Engine, a useless spirit and a Pendulum killer. Neat.
But making Blue-Eyes an Archtype while it was a single supported boss monster is sad.

Thanako
18th November 2015, 06:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUEqaAnU8AAOWhb.png

Noir
OH MY FUCKING GOD!! BLUE-EYES SYNCHRO!! AZURE-EYES ABUSE!!
*hyperventilates*

CV Red
Siegfried confirmed. Konami hate synchro also confirmed; his effect are crap.
Guesses: D/D Orthrus? D/D Medusa? Contract with Yamimakai?

Mofiz
look at this beauty:

and also this:

and finally:

yes ultimaya upgraded form !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The arachnid number
whatever this other is.

give me the ultimtl bishbalkin!

Archfiend
18th November 2015, 06:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUEqaAnU8AAOWhb.png

My body just elevated to a new level of excitement I have never experienced before.
This is beautiful.

Necroci
New D/D is better than it looks. Seal Mistake has a really cool interaction with floodgates (turn them off on your turn so only your opponent is affected) but it wasn't reliable enough to devote deck space to (except Emptiness). Siegfried is another similar effect that can be accessed easily from the extra deck, so I think he makes that strategy much more viable.

Edit: just saw the Blue-Eyes fusion. I need to change my pants.

Mofiz
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/cueqaanu8aaowhb.png

stop, i can only come that often!

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 06:31 AM
I'm actually quite excited for this Blue-Eyes support. Sure, its not game breaking (as of now), but it sure has potential. The Synchro isn't broken, but it has its merits. The Level 1 Squad are legit. Spirit Dragon is meh.
I also like the Blue-Eyes support. You're not alone; these guys can make for some explosive plays.

Really, the biggest disappointment here is D/D/D Siegfried. He doesn't really add anything to the strategy and his healing requires destruction to trigger. He needs something more proactive while on the field.

CV Red
Are that... Blue-Eyes Twin Dragon?

GG ELDIUS
The Blue-Eyes hype is real. So excited right now.

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 06:33 AM
Our god arrised! And it's gloruious!

Thanako
Always hilarious to see a new boss a decade later that requires one less material for an actual effect. I apologize to Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, it's come your time to rest.

Brightshine Stardust
They freakin' printed HOLDING ARMS and HOLDING LEGS. Wow.

Also, I love Lemon Magician Girl's artwork.

And the new Blue-Eyes in the movie is an Effect monster, not just a redesign......

andddddd lol Phoenix Ra only destroys 1 monster, as I expected.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 06:34 AM
So the fusion will most likely be able to attack twice per turn. This may be pretty interesting.
A shame that being level 10 it only has 3K

GG ELDIUS
18th November 2015, 06:35 AM
So the fusion will most likely be able to attack twice per turn. This may be pretty interesting.

The effects will likely more than make up for that.

Quack of Dawn
18th November 2015, 06:36 AM
Siegfried confirmed. Konami hate synchro also confirmed; his effect are crap.
Guesses: D/D Orthrus? D/D Medusa? Contract with Yamimakai?

Orthrus is definitely correct, the other one is D/D Lamie though. Late to be right with the update on Lamia.

Thanako
18th November 2015, 06:37 AM

It IS supposed to be a lesser form of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Which hopefully will get an upgraded form), and you may be pleasantly surprised by the effect. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 06:37 AM
Called the new Gandora

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 06:38 AM
Gandora X......I really hope this thing makes up for the original Gandora being so crappy.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 06:39 AM
It IS supposed to be a lesser form of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Which hopefully will get an upgraded form), and you may be pleasantly surprised by the effect. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll trust those words.

Archfiend
18th November 2015, 06:40 AM
Wonder what the secret might be...

EDIT: Just read Twin Burst...MY HEART CANT TAKE THIS NO MORE ;-;

GG ELDIUS
18th November 2015, 06:42 AM

A new Dark Magician, I'd guess.

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 06:43 AM
That Blue-Eyes Twin Burst... It's the ultimate battle machine. Because fuck battle immunity

Archfiend
18th November 2015, 06:44 AM
A new Dark Magician, I'd guess.

Probably. Might be the new Dark Magician from the movie.

Destiny91
Okay, the Effect of Fusion Blue Eyes was too much for my heart, basically

Can be fusion summoned by normal fusion or by sending materials from the field to the grave
Cannot be destroyed by battle
Can attack twice
If it did not destroy a monster, it can banish it (without targeting), meaning you can use this Effect on Any monster twice per turn.

Devocrown
V Jump....thats all

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 06:45 AM
PHOENIX MODE IS A THING
So I was half right, it does interact with the other formes and Has a ATK score

More Gandora!?
FUCK YES

True Name, wish it wasn't so ...ugh. Bad Divine Support

Siegfried is.....Disappointing......They really didn't try. Fuck you Konami

Spirit Dragon ......Is a CLOWN KILLER.....Holy shit

Thanako

Retrained Dark Magician, or Dark Magician Girl is a high probability. Could also be a good version of one of the upgraded forms, similar to what Dark Sage, Dark Eradicator Warlock, or Dark Magician Knight tried to be. At this point, don't be surprised if it's a Synchro, though.

Indytotof
Okay, the Effect of Fusion Blue Eyes was too much for my heart, basically

Can be fusion summoned by normal fusion or by sending materials from the field to the grave
Cannot be destroyed by battle
Can attack twice
If it did not destroy a monster, it can banish it (without targeting), meaning you can use this Effect on Any monster twice per turn.

Why did I just have a boner ?

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 06:58 AM
AHHHHCan.t Load. Site Right

Silence
18th November 2015, 07:28 AM
The Blue-Eyes fusion is identical to my child self's CAC, so I'm giddy. I knew we'd get a new Gandora!

Happiness aside, this is a good haul! I look forward to seeing the new effects and cards getting added to this. Phoenix Mode and True Name were pleasant surprises. I look forward to breaking the latter.

And let's not forget that Blue-Eyes support! No S/T support yet, but Normal and Dragon Monsters have quite a bit already...

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 07:28 AM
Synchro Blue Eyes may not be the best when talking about offensive power/ability...but it limits pendulum and negates clownblade. That's too good, a real shame it's not generic

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 07:31 AM
Ok the site lives again

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 07:54 AM
so, nothing yet about Holding Arms and Holding Legs?

I kinda want to know if the Sacred Stone of Wdjat/Ojhat/whatever is mentioned on their effect or not......

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 07:58 AM
so, nothing yet about Holding Arms and Holding Legs?

I kinda want to know if the Sacred Stone of Wdjat/Ojhat/whatever is mentioned on their effect or not......

Holding Legs
DARK Level 4 Fiend Effect Monster
(1): When this card is Summoned: Return all Set Spell and Trap Cards to the hand.
(2): You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Set Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; that card cannot be activated until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Holding Arms
(1): When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; while this card is face-up, that face-up target cannot attack or activate its effects.
(2): While the monster targeted by this card’s (1) effect is face-up on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 08:24 AM

Since there's no mention, that means it's still unknown if the Sacred Stone will be printed as well or not.....not like I want it anyway, I just want to know if it will come with the Holding pair or not.

Lord Bunilla
18th November 2015, 08:40 AM
Holding Legs
(1): When this card is Summoned: Return all Set Spell and Trap Cards to the hand.
(2): You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Set Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; that card cannot be activated until the end of your opponent’s next turn

Holy fucking shit, this is awesome.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
18th November 2015, 08:40 AM
Nice, ok, look, i will waiting for this (Phoenix mode: RA) and yourselves don't now how much dissapointed i am for this... I mean, dude, is a FREAKING GOD, the most powerfull card of all by birth, seriusly? REALLLY? Well, ok, they make a cycle with that effect, the one who bring it back the Sphere mode, but is just...Isn't enough, well, the picture looks amazing, whe i saw him i really get some hope, the only thing of this card what i really hate is this thrid effect "(3) You can pay 1000 LP: send 1 monster on the field to the Graveyard."......... Dude i understand pay that in the normal form but in this one?? When raigeki and dark hole are free? Come on, let me send all the monster of my enemy until the graveyand.

Now let see the another card "True Name"......... Well that's it, i'm done, not only they make the god card a usefull card they make this kinda of support? Pls Konami.

PD: About blue-eyes support... Visually, conceptually and more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red-eyes new support :,( But this one is my favorite.

Holding Legs
(2): You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Set Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; that card cannot be activated until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Holding Arms
(1): When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; while this card is face-up, that face-up target cannot attack or activate its effects.
(2): While the monster targeted by this card’s (1) effect is face-up on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect.

Hmmmmmm uffff this cards are marik cards and because of that i like it, but a lot of anti-meta decks without honor are coming i can see it =/ Well these are the kinda of player who yugioh have

Sanokal
18th November 2015, 08:41 AM
Finally, all the effects have been revealed and I can start my reviews.
I think quite a few of us had a feeling that the Eyes of Blue would be self-target focused. I do quite enjoy them; they're certainly a different little set of monsters. On the other hand, they throw off my fanfiction plans in several different ways. The new Synchro might seem underwhelming, but those restriction effects could certainly pack a punch. Also, the artwork is incredible. I quite like White Spirit Dragon as well. And Twin Burst Dragon is...ohhhh...DEADLY.

Siegfried is definitely a little underwhelming, but thankfully the other D/Ds make up for it. They get their own version of Eccentric and Fishborg Blaster; neat. Loving them. The Dark Contract certainly makes shuffling your scales easier without Lilith or Caesar Ragnarok, though I'm not sure how I feel about the trap.

Oh my goodness son. God Phoenix indeed. Holding Arms and Legs are decent, though I still dislike the fact that they exist.

Sotavento
18th November 2015, 08:42 AM
Konami must really hate Synchros. Siegfried is so meeeehhhhh!!!! Goddamnit, I expected a strong-ass slayer monster, but instead we have a lame support 2800 stick that is no better than D'Arc.
Then again, the other D/D cards really compensate Sieg's uselessness. Orthros is pretty much a D/D Eccentrick, now since the effect is kinda blurry, I'm having high hopes its Pendulum effect is during either player's turn, that would be astounding and strong. Its monster effect is ok, can stop potential OTKs.
Rebuild is really good, it does not only protect your Contracts, but it can recycle your Slimes back to the deck, overall I think this is the best card.
The other cards are really good, Lamia is pretty interesting, I can see some Synchro Shenanigans with this. But I do wonder how is Yamimakai going to synergize with D/D since they can't still Pendulum Summon properly?

Joenen
18th November 2015, 08:42 AM
Sorry about the spaz problems with the site. Next time I won't forget to make separate posts.

That new Blue-Eyes support has me very excited to say the least.

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 08:43 AM
The other cards are really good, Lamia is really interesting, I can see some Synchro Shenanigans with this. But I do wonder how is Yamimakai going to synergize with D/D since they can't still Pendulum Summon properly?
Well, Yamimakai can put those Keplers you use for Fusion Material back into the Pendulum Zone. Newton and Galilei go right back to the Pendulum Zone from the Graveyard, too.

Sotavento
18th November 2015, 08:48 AM
Well, Yamimakai can put those Keplers you use for Fusion Material back into the Pendulum Zone. Newton and Galilei go right back to the Pendulum Zone from the Graveyard, too.

Sorry, you're right. I did really overlook at this. It's actually making D/D's pendulums faster at scale setting. So I think it's good overall.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
18th November 2015, 08:50 AM
Oh my goodness son. God Phoenix indeed. Holding Arms and Legs are decent, though I still dislike the fact that they exist.

Agree, Holding arms and legs can be used for a lot of annoying things...

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 08:54 AM
Sorry, you're right. I did really overlook at this. It's actually making D/D's pendulums faster at scale setting. So I think it's good overall.
It can even extend combos. I'm pretty sure that, if you summon Abyss Ragnarok and either fuse or Xyz with him, you can use this to put him in your Pendulum Zone and prolong your plays even further.

Devocrown
18th November 2015, 08:56 AM
Sigfried why must you be so underwhelming....even if they do make a card for Sigfried to be useful it's still sucks :/ the only thing it got is that it's another level 8.

Lamia is so dumb.....in a godly way

3 card combo if anyone's interested
- Use Swirl Slime with Lamia to make Temujin
- Use Lamia eff to ditch a necro slime in hand to special
- Use Lamia and Temujin to sync into a level 7 (Alexander, Clear Wing, Moonlight Rise, etc.)
- Use Necro Slime with one of the other D/Ds in grave for D'arc, Beowulf or Temujin

Also now D/Ds can make Beelze if they so pls or any other level 8 synchro with D'arc, Leonidis or any other level 7 D/Ds

Also D/D rebuild is amazing to help recycle those D/Ds you used to fuse with or the banished slimes

Blue Eyes support looks interesting, have to give them a second look later on to see some combos but the Mage is the best so far. Blue Eyes Spirit isn't the best but not the worst, helps swarm the field. Also Twin Burst is amazing. Also it's funny how White Spirit and Alternative Dragons eff don't help each other at all

Ra.......it's going to be very interesting to try and make a deck with you....

Sotavento
18th November 2015, 08:56 AM
It can even extend combos. I'm pretty sure that, if you summon Abyss Ragnarok and either fuse or Xyz with him, you can use this to put him in your Pendulum Zone and prolong your plays even further.

It really comes in handy with the Kepler + 2 Level 8 D/Ds + Swirl Slime combo. Normal Kepler, Special D'arc, Special Ragnarok and summon the other Ragnarok, tribute Kepler, place it to Pzone, search whatever with Gate, Pendulum for days.

Ok... I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this.

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 09:00 AM
the only thing of this card what i really hate is this thrid effect "(3) You can pay 1000 LP: send 1 monster on the field to the Graveyard."......... Dude i understand pay that in the normal form but in this one?? When raigeki and dark hole are free? Come on, let me send all the monster of my enemy until the graveyand.

I already guessed Phoenix Mode Ra will destroy only 1 monster, because as far as I can remember, in ALL the time the 1000 LP effect is used, that effect only destroyed exactly 1 monster.

This is exactly why I think the 1000 LP effect should have been kept for Phoenix Mode Ra, and Battle Mode Ra should have been errata-ed to have more immunity and "ATK = Tributes' ATK" effect, instead of the 1000 LP effect.

Sanokal
18th November 2015, 09:07 AM
Agree, Holding arms and legs can be used for a lot of annoying things...

More the fact that they got censored in the anime than anything. They were just ridiculous, at least Plasma Eel looked cool. But nothing tops the pants-crapping terror of Viser-Freaking-Des.

Pendulum
18th November 2015, 09:11 AM
Wow, Blue-Eys got more support than I was expecting. And a little Anti-Pendulum approach! We're needign that. And they got a Fusion too. And what a powerful one.

The D/Ds, as always, with those cool artworks. And nice boosts.

Phoenix... I'm satisfied.

Holding Arms and Holding Legs, I thought they were never coing to release those.

Passerby
18th November 2015, 09:12 AM
It's not broken, but I'm really happy to see an updated playstyle for Blue-Eyes. Synchro's my favorite method with Fusion being a close second, so to see an at least decent and working Synchro engine for my childhood favorite is awesome!

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
18th November 2015, 09:21 AM
I already guessed Phoenix Mode Ra will destroy only 1 monster, because as far as I can remember, in ALL the time the 1000 LP effect is used, that effect only destroyed exactly 1 monster.

This is exactly why I think the 1000 LP effect should have been kept for Phoenix Mode Ra, and Battle Mode Ra should have been errata-ed to have more immunity and "ATK = Tributes' ATK" effect, instead of the 1000 LP effect.

"Instant Attack" Is an ability when Ra destroy every monster of his enemy and then attack directly only in phoenix mode is used the first time agaisnt Bakura.

YES !!! The normal should be like NDS WC 2008 effect Ra but with more inmunity.

But i guess konamy never expected how bad they make their card until was released and now is "trying" no make it right, so, the first version, battle mode, was created thinking "With this is enough" ....... :v

PD: We all agree in the fact than red-eyes cards support are by far less epic that these new cards? I mean, COME ON, just look archfiend black skull dragon, doesn't look like red-eyes dragon in ANYTHING is just another archifiend card by design, and i can be the same about Flare Dragon and Tracer Dragon just for start....

Brightshine Stardust
18th November 2015, 09:22 AM
Huh, I just noticed Lemon Magician Girl is Level 2. Then maybe Apple Magician Girl is Level 4? Since Dark Magician Girl is Level 6.

ScionStorm
18th November 2015, 09:40 AM
Huh, I just noticed Lemon Magician Girl is Level 2. Then maybe Apple Magician Girl is Level 4? Since Dark Magician Girl is Level 6.

Is it really called Apple Magician? Like confirmed and not just a fan name until her name is revealed? Cause I've been referring to her as Strawberry Magician myself.

Zarkiel
18th November 2015, 09:43 AM
I'm feeling my inner kaiba right now with all this blue eyes support. I have no doubt their will be an upgrade four blue eyes ultimate like their was with black skull dragon.

Also Blue eyes spirit dragon will finally keep kaiba from summoning all those monsters in one turn. Konami had to make his support tailored specifically to counter his ability to screw the rules.

Sanokal
"Instant Attack" Is an ability when Ra destroy every monster of his enemy and then attack directly only in phoenix mode is used the first time agaisnt Bakura.

Instant Attack is used in both God Phoenix and One-Turn Kill. One-Turn Kill is the Point-To-Point transfer multiple attack effect.

Raiel
About True Name...is it supposed to be played with Card Advance, right?
Because I can't think any other card in an Egyptian God deck that allows you to know what you are topdecking, and Card Advance allows some play like Ra's Disciple + a god in the same turn.

ScionStorm
18th November 2015, 09:50 AM
Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon- making the parallels to Zane's Cyber Dragons even more so.

Jeaus/DarkMaelstrom
18th November 2015, 09:54 AM
Is it really called Apple Magician? Like confirmed and not just a fan name until her name is revealed? Cause I've been referring to her as Strawberry Magician myself.

The name was officially revealed in a former magazine, so yes Apple Magician Girl

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
18th November 2015, 09:59 AM
About True Name...is it supposed to be played with Card Advance, right?
Because I can't think any other card in an Egyptian God deck that allows you to know what you are topdecking, and Card Advance allows some play like Ra's Disciple + a god in the same turn.

I Guess that to is the only way, or well, not is the only way but is the best path for make True Name fair, anyways, it seems like is an incomplete card i feel and i hope see more support card for GOD cards and divine monsters.

PD: Convulsion of Nature is excelent for that to

Instant Attack is used in both God Phoenix and One-Turn Kill. One-Turn Kill is the Point-To-Point transfer multiple attack effect.

Yes, that was exactly what i was expecting about Phoenix Mode........... But in the End............ :,V

cypher32
18th November 2015, 10:02 AM
Man, just got around to the thread, and I've gotta say... HYPE IS REAL!!!

Blue-eyes support is self-explanatory. A level 1 tuner engine, a synchro that limits floodgates and shuts down pendulums, though it probably won't be competitive, and spirit dragon is well... something, but best of all, that fusion...
In the words of the great Deadpool: "I'm really turned on right now!"

Siegfried is surprisingly below average, to say the least, but the rest of the D/D/D's are awesome! Really can't wait for that structure deck to come out in the TCG!

Ra is kind of... disappointing? No, it's not like I don't like the new Ra form, it's just way more watered down then I thought possible. The holding arms and legs are interesting, but far past their expiration date if you ask me. True Name is so tricky, I don't even know why anyone would bother. Maybe as a collectible...

Gandora X is hopefully 10 times better then Gandora (you know, cause X is 10 in roman numerals and all)
I'm surprised nobody brought up Gaia. I mean, he IS a lord...
Lemon magician girl is making me so hyped.
The secret card is probably Dark magician, to be released alongside the booster after shining victories, which will have dark magician support, hoepfully an xyz (probably the pack will have a name like Dark Resurgence...)

Butter
18th November 2015, 10:16 AM
I'm really mad that they got away with supporting blue eyes twice. They already habe retrains that you can toss in the movie, but I guess they're trying to give retrains to every main theme. Here's to hoping that the nostalgia themes continue, and aren't capped off after this.

I think Siegfried has some incredible potential, actually. Turning off cards is never a bad thing. Especially when floodgates exist. He makes game 2 and 3 quite easy from the looks of it. Just turn off mistakes and vanity during your turn, and call it a day.

The entire dd structure is pretty lackluster though, to be honest. The only card that is extremely good is Lamia, and she works with the least supported side of the deck.

Jv1391
18th November 2015, 10:32 AM
http://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/lvIw0wT.jpg?w=605

according to Maxut and Wikia Siegfried actually says a face-up Spell\Trap ON THE FIELD. Like Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss, which means You can Negate Dark Hole\Raigeki\Wavering Eyes.

①:フィールドの表側表示の魔法・罠カード1枚を対象として発動できる。そのカードの効果は次のスタンバイ フェイズまで無効化される。この効果は相手ターンでも発動できる。

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/46003033.html

Can anyone confirm?!

The Sonic Duck
18th November 2015, 11:06 AM
Wow, the new DDD support, especially the spells and traps, are absolutely incredible.

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 11:48 AM
http://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/lvIw0wT.jpg?w=605

according to Maxut and Wikia Siegfried actually says a face-up Spell\Trap ON THE FIELD. Like Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss, which means You can Negate Dark Hole\Raigeki\Wavering Eyes.

①:フィールドの表側表示の魔法・罠カード1枚を対象として発動できる。そのカードの効果は次のスタンバイ フェイズまで無効化される。この効果は相手ターンでも発動できる。

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/46003033.html

Can anyone confirm?!
Seconding for confirmation. I think it's a bit hopeful but you can never be too careful.

Silence
18th November 2015, 12:10 PM
Quick question I hope I'm not repeating: where are getting the weekly movie promo cards? Thanks.

Montag
18th November 2015, 12:17 PM
i hope they get more play than red-eyes...

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 12:18 PM
Quick question I hope I'm not repeating: where are getting the weekly movie promo cards? Thanks.

Seems to be...

"Gandora X the Dragon of Destruction" (April 23 - April 29)
"Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight" (April 30 - May 6)
"Lemon Magician Girl" (May 7 - May 13)
Unknown (May 14 - May 20)
(Source (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_The_Dark_Side_of_Dimensions_promotional_cards) )

Mari
18th November 2015, 12:29 PM
When I read Twin Burst Dragon's summoning method the first time I got a bit underwhelmed because I thought it was only contact fusion but now I read it's both normal fusion and contact... that's amazing

I'm really liking the D/D support and even if Siegfried is disappointing at first I still want to see how he does on the field

I'm really excited for the promos! I want to know Gandora X's effect more than anything, I really like Gandora's look but as a card it's not that good. Hopefully the new version will make up for it

It's most likely not going to happen, but a level 10 Blue-Eyes synchro through double tuning would seal the deal for me

Aromaiden
18th November 2015, 12:36 PM
Apparently Siegfried negates any face-up Spell or Trap; which is pretty darn good. The D/D/D support i great in general.

Hope in the Interstice
18th November 2015, 12:38 PM
Apparently Siegfried negates any face-up Spell or Trap; which is pretty darn good. The D/D/D support i great in general.
We are in dire need of actual confirmation of that.

Joenen
18th November 2015, 12:41 PM
"Confirmed"

That's /much/ better thank you.

Aromaiden
18th November 2015, 12:47 PM
Yayyy, thanks for confirming.

Joenen
18th November 2015, 12:52 PM
Also the X in the new Gandora is pronounced Cross.

Butter
18th November 2015, 12:57 PM
Whoa now sieg is just op as hell

D/D probably just shot up a tier whatever it was before now.
Lammy makes this extremely easy to pull out first turn, and turn 1 d'arc is still a thing. Possibilities.

It's starting to become a trend for the cover cards of structure decks to not be the real boss monsters. You see it with Heros, Synchrons, and even Magicians/Odd eyes.

Vulnoth
18th November 2015, 03:39 PM
I can dig it. Blue-Eyes getting some long awaited support. Even versatile enough for grabbing other non-BE stuff. So much dig, I can.

Silence
18th November 2015, 03:44 PM
Seems to be...

(Source (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_The_Dark_Side_of_Dimensions_promotional_cards) )

Thanks. Well...it ensures the hardcore collectors see the film at least four times, I guess. I can't say I'm too happy about that, given any business wants returns as soon as possible, I assume Gandora will be the most powerful of the bunch or at least the bigger spectacle. Does the article say anything about when we'll get to see their stats and effects?

As for the final slot, I wonder why it's a mystery. It could be a huge spoiler like Aigami's boss monster being on par with the Gods or a DM/ BEWD Fusion...or anything that'd make fans go crazy really. I wanted to be cynical and say "watch it turn out to be a reprint" but I think I could have a little more faith than that. Maybe a DM retrain?

AccelRainbowDashley
18th November 2015, 03:54 PM
Looks like Blue-Eyes is finally an archetype and I have a good reason to rebuild my old deck once again. The new cards look pretty fun, and that fusion is wonderful. I'm already thinking of cheeky combos to pull off with it.

The movie promo reveals are too far off for me to care right now.

The D/D/D synchro is pretty great since it has just under Abyss-tier negation. I was also hoping it was a synchro, so that's nice.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 04:00 PM
From Wikia about Sigfried

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "D/D" monsters
During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; negate its effects until the next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried" once per turn. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 1000 LP for each "Dark Contract" card you control.

Now this makes it worth to run.

Shinjikun
18th November 2015, 04:00 PM
Oh Thank god, Siegfried negates any face-up S/T, now that's a good card.
Lamia is great also, this SD is going to be really good.

Blue-eyes support are really good, and the big ones(Fusion/Synchro) are incredible, but yeah, we need more Blue-eyes monsters, especially level 4 or lower.(I'm expecting 2 level 4 Blue-eyes that can be used to summon the Synchro and the fusion). Also Sage Knight can search Destruction Sword Companion in Buster Blader deck.

DIVINE and unaffected by other cards effects. Now thats what Divine monsters should have. Too bad that Slifer and Obelisk don't have other forms to print with new effects.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th November 2015, 04:04 PM
Blue-eyes support are really good, and the big ones(Fusion/Synchro) are incredible, but yeah, we need more Blue-eyes monsters, especially level 4 or lower.(I'm expecting 2 level 4 Blue-eyes that can be used to summon the Synchro and the fusion).

You're meant to use the tuners with Blue-Eyes or White Spirit to summon the Synchros. We may get level 4 stuff, but I'd rather get some quality spell/trap support than more monsters since the deck is going to be quite monster heavy now.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 04:09 PM
Blue-eyes support are really good, and the big ones(Fusion/Synchro) are incredible, but yeah, we need more Blue-eyes monsters, especially level 4 or lower.(I'm expecting 2 level 4 Blue-eyes that can be used to summon the Synchro and the fusion)

With the 2 tuners and white spirit we have 3 Main deck monsters.

All the nostalgia archetypes we got so far (Red-Eyes, Black Luster Soldier and Buster Blader) had 4 or 5 Main deck monsters

So we can at least expect 1 more. I hope it's a Level 4 that can change it's Level between 1 and 8, that way you can add more variants for Synchro Summoning.

With all of them being LIGHT, it's like the deck is asking you to add Honest to the build.

Shinjikun
18th November 2015, 04:18 PM
You're meant to use the tuners with Blue-Eyes or White Spirit to summon the Synchros. We may get level 4 stuff, but I'd rather get some quality spell/trap support than more monsters since the deck is going to be quite monster heavy now.

Yeah, I agree that S/T support would be good, but I think what we need now is at least 1 "Blue-eyes" monster that isn't lv 5 higher. The only possible targets to search with the sages are level 8 or higher.

TheRamenNoodle
18th November 2015, 04:56 PM
Blue-Eyes stuff is meh.

D/D stuff is meh also, except for Sigfried, if the wikia is right.

Marik's cards are... interesting.

Joenen
18th November 2015, 04:57 PM

All the nostalgia archetypes we got so far (Red-Eyes, Black Luster Soldier and Buster Blader) had 4 or 5 Main deck monsters

So we can at least expect 1 more. I hope it's a Level 4 that can change it's Level between 1 and 8, that way you can add more variants for Synchro Summoning.

With all of them being LIGHT, it's like the deck is asking you to add Honest to the build.
It's less about what the deck will get and more about what the deck needs, is what was being said. We may get more monsters, but at this point we're a bit monster heavy between maiden, the new level 1s, and priestess. +at least 3-5Blue-Eyes monsters. Not including any tech cards like Shrine Protector and white stone of legend.

Well, if it's a really good monster than obviously no complaints. We are working with level 8 monsters in the main after all. But it would be nice to get S/T support that can help the deck work more fluidly.

Butter
18th November 2015, 05:05 PM
Anyone come up with any dd combos yet?

chaosbringer1234
18th November 2015, 05:08 PM
Ever since Zane's cyber twin dragon I was hoping that they would make a blue - eyes version, never thought they would, boy you could imagine my excitement when I came on ygorganization first thing this morning.

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 05:09 PM
Anyone come up with any dd combos yet?

You spam high ATK Monsters and go for game. There isn't really much to combo. The best combo I saw so far was Transmodify on D'Arc for even more OTK.

Butter
18th November 2015, 05:14 PM
You spam high ATK Monsters and go for game. There isn't really much to combo. The best combo I saw so far was Transmodify on D'Arc for even more OTK.

I mean like open up kepler -> ?
You know?

Mofiz
18th November 2015, 05:19 PM
I mean like open up kepler -> ?
You know?

The regular stuff. Kepler alone doesn't do THAT much. It searches for Dark Gates. You could search Slime, fusion summon Cenghis, use Slime to summon from hand and trigger Chenghis to summon back the other Fusion Mat. Now it depends on what you summoned with both effects. So no concrete combo

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 05:21 PM
"Confirmed"

That's /much/ better thank you.

FUCKING THANK YOU

I was PISSED when I saw how Useless Siegfried was, D'arc was better in every way

much needed improvement

Chaosmage
18th November 2015, 05:43 PM
this is what i read on the ygorganization page about VJump Time! before coming here:
D/D/D Juketsu Ou Siegfried / D/D/D Cursed Blood King Siegfried
DARK/Fiend
Synchro/Effect
Level 8
2800/2200
1 Tuner + 1 or more “D/D” monsters
You can only use the (1) effect of “D/D/D Juketsu Ou Siegfried” once per turn.
(1) During either player’s turn: you can target 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card you control; negate its effects until the next Standby Phase.
(2) When this card is destroyed by battle or by a card effect and is sent to the Graveyard: gain 1000 LP for each “Dark Contract” card you control.

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 05:48 PM
this is what i read on the ygorganization page about VJump Time! before coming here:
DARK/Fiend
Synchro/Effect
Level 8
2800/2200
(1) During either player’s turn: you can target 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card you control; negate its effects until the next Standby Phase.
(2) When this card is destroyed by battle or by a card effect and is sent to the Graveyard: gain 1000 LP for each “Dark Contract” card you control.

well we apparently confirmed that that is NOT the effect, which is good because that is a waste of ink

Butter
18th November 2015, 06:02 PM
It wasn't thaaaat bad. It was more useful for game 2 and 3 than in the main though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you'd still main it but thou know what I mean

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 06:19 PM
It wasn't thaaaat bad. It was more useful for game 2 and 3 than in the main though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you'd still main it but thou know what I mean

read carefully, original effect could only negate your own shit
What good does that do you? Negate the 1K Damage?
Summon D'arc, heal instead with same stats

second effect, ditto, heal instead without having to die first

Butter
18th November 2015, 06:22 PM
I know I'm saying to neg your own floodgates. Like mistake and stuff. That's why I said game 2 and 3

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 06:30 PM
I know I'm saying to neg your own floodgates. Like mistake and stuff. That's why I said game 2 and 3

D/Ds could already do that
Dark Contract with Errors, once per turn, Trap Stun. bam both sides floodgates negated, OTK enabled.

unless you used Kaiser, in which case I'd have to hit you for entirely unrelated reasons

Round 3?

Butter
18th November 2015, 06:37 PM
I mean to be fair, Leonidas and D'arc do the same thing and you still run both. You don't have to completely drop one, and I'm not saying that Sieg's old eff was godtier, it just wasn't so bad.

Butter
18th November 2015, 06:40 PM
And round three? Like in a match?

Dread Kaiser
18th November 2015, 06:42 PM
I mean to be fair, Leonidas and D'arc do the same thing and you still run both. You don't have to completely drop one, and I'm not saying that Sieg's old eff was godtier, it just wasn't so bad.

no, it really was that bad
sharing a role with other cards is one thing
being completely outclassed by 2 older cards that are easier to summon is inexcusable

Butter
18th November 2015, 06:50 PM
I guess. I just don't think it was that bad imo.

Ciphermask
18th November 2015, 07:17 PM
Ugh, classes are keeping me away from the party. I was really hoping that that was a DDD synchro, and I wasn't entirely let down. The problem is that it does little on its own. It serves to shut down the contracts so that we don't burn to death, but d'Arc does it so much better. Just like in Fate/Grand Order, Siegfried is left underpowered.

Scratch that, I just saw the updated effect.

SynjoDeonecros
18th November 2015, 07:40 PM
I'm fascinated by Holding ARms/Holding Legs; they seem to be better versions of Viser Des/Byser Shock, honestly, which I shouldn't be surprised about. Sucks, though, the latter cards look much better and more wicked than the former.

ScionStorm
18th November 2015, 07:45 PM
I'm fascinated by Holding ARms/Holding Legs; they seem to be better versions of Viser Des/Byser Shock, honestly, which I shouldn't be surprised about. Sucks, though, the latter cards look much better and more wicked than the former.

Stone of Ojhat is probably slot 002 in the set. Looks like all the effect monsters for Millennium Pack will be from Marik's deck. That means he'll have at least 6 new cards printed for his deck for the year 2015. At least, if none of his Spell/Trap cards come out.

I'll be slightly disappointed if Kaiba's last monster from Battle City isn't in this pack:
Sword of Soul
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/e/ea/SwordofSoul-JP-Anime-DM-NC.png
Unless they are going to make a set of decks for him like the Memories of a Duel King from Yugi last year. Or if TCG is ever going to give us LC-Kaiba's World.

Destiny91
18th November 2015, 07:49 PM
Ugh, classes are keeping me away from the party. I was really hoping that that was a DDD synchro, and I wasn't entirely let down. The problem is that it does little on its own. It serves to shut down the contracts so that we don't burn to death, but d'Arc does it so much better. Just like in Fate/Grand Order, Siegfried is left underpowered.

Scratch that, I just saw the updated effect.

Sigfried's Effect looks like Quick, so it's really useful.
Since you can negate almost any Spell/Trap cards (even when they are face-up during their activation) like HRDA Abyss. Or at least it seems like that.

Anyway, if you have this on the field and then activate Vanity's Emptiness, it will be hard for your opponent to overcome it quickly and you can still keep SSummoning during your turn.

Abs0lVence
18th November 2015, 07:52 PM
So yeah almost everything I'd have to say was said already, especially in regards to Siegfried and Holding Legs..

Did they really have to make the new Ra only summon itself FROM THE GRAVE?? I don't like the idea of having to run extra cards to dump him. It kind of makes the card suck more than it had to (if the last effect was optional and thus usable during your opponent's turn I might have tried to use it with A Wild Monster Appears! but no.. *sigh* also I just realised it will replace itself at the end of the turn when your opponent actually sent your Ra to the grave during their turn hurray... ) the 3rd effect is also just an improved version of Ra's own effect.. overall the card is very very meh.. Ironically enough I have an idea how to play it somehow.. I guess I'll challenge myself to get him out.

The Sonic Duck
18th November 2015, 08:04 PM
I just realized that Sage Knight with Eyes of Blue can search effect veiler. +1 for Blue-eyes team.

Chaosmage
18th November 2015, 09:06 PM
yup. ygorg updated the effect on the Vjump Time! page:
DARK/Fiend
Synchro/Effect
Level 8
2800/2200
(1) During either player’s turn: you can target 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on the field; negate its effects until the next Standby Phase.

Drakylon
18th November 2015, 10:06 PM

The Tuners don't seem to be of the Blue-Eyes archetype; their ruby text is the same as "Maiden with Eyes of Blue", so they're unsearchable by "Blue-Eyes" support (at least, they have the "き" character); they should probably be named Sage/Guardian Knight with Eyes of Blue for clarity. Currently the only Main Deck monsters the Blue-Eyes archetype has are BEWD, BE Shining Dragon, White Spirit Dragon and BE Alternative WD. I'm not actually sure we'll get any more, since a lot of BE support is monster already.

It's still a shame Priestess can't target "Aokime" monsters; Priestess + Maiden combo would be pretty powerful. The White Stone also won't be that useful anymore, since it can never search out any of the Effect Monsters as they aren't treated as "BEWD" in the Deck.
- - - Updated - - -
Guardian Knight is a pretty strong tuner for a lot of non-BE decks. Aside from Stone, Maiden, Priestess, Kenshi and Rider of the Storm Winds, it can search out:

Effect Veiler
Psy-Framegear Alpha and Beta
Companion of the Dragon Swordmaster
Chain Resonator
Chiwen
T. G. Cyber Magician
The Fabled Catsith and Chawa
among others. Unfortunately it can't remove itself from the field, so its uses in Psy-Frame decks are limited.

Jv1391
18th November 2015, 10:16 PM
Guys you forgot to correct White Spirit. The s/t is banished not destroyed. :)

Yuuri
18th November 2015, 11:10 PM
So the Blue-Eyes archetype gets more support. That is great and all, but where is the consistent Red-Eyes support? Most of the recent Red-Eyes support is basically centered around summoning it from the graveyard, except Black Stone of Legend.

Other than the Blue-Eyes stuff, I hope Gandora X is effective and not butchered like its predecessor.

nangokosu
19th November 2015, 01:07 AM
Can Siegfried negate Spells that are activate in the same manner as Constrast Hero Chaos and Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss?

Dread Kaiser
19th November 2015, 01:11 AM
Can Siegfried negate Spells that are activate in the same manner as Constrast Hero Chaos and Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss?

Bingo. too bad he can't stop everything like those 2 can but hey.

Brightshine Stardust
19th November 2015, 02:06 AM
Seems to be...

I wonder where we will get Apple Magician Girl......kinda strange to see her not being released alongside Lemon.

The Tuners don't seem to be of the Blue-Eyes archetype; their ruby text is the same as "Maiden with Eyes of Blue", so they're unsearchable by "Blue-Eyes" support (at least, they have the "き" character); they should probably be named Sage/Guardian Knight with Eyes of Blue for clarity.

Yeah, they're "Aokime" monsters, not "Buruaizu" monsters, so they're not "Blue-Eyes".

YGOrg already used the name "Eyes of Blue" since the start of the article though, so the clarity is already there.

Sotavento
19th November 2015, 04:05 AM
Wow okay, I take everything back: ALL OF THE D/D SUPPORT IS AWESOME. Siegfried is now ridiculous, holy shit, I love it :3

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
19th November 2015, 04:29 AM
I have a question, how much i need to wait for another ¿Expantion? Like this? Is about every 3 moths or how? Will be more support for old school?

Sanokal
19th November 2015, 04:33 AM
I have a question, how much i need to wait for another ¿Expantion? Like this? Is about every 3 moths or how? Will be more support for old school?

If you mean set release, those are three months apart.

If you mean pre-release information like this, they happen once every month.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
19th November 2015, 04:44 AM
If you mean set release, those are three months apart.

If you mean pre-release information like this, they happen once every month.

Oohhh i get it, so this is all for this moth and in December for example, about when date i can expect already start to seeing more new cards?

Destiny91
19th November 2015, 05:06 AM
Oohhh i get it, so this is all for this moth and in December for example, about when date i can expect already start to seeing more new cards?

Normally, new card information comes from twitter or from V-Jump leaks

V-Jump comes out around the 20th of every month so you should expect the leaks 2-3 days before the release

As for the Twitter cards, it depends, sometimes they appear after the episodes air or maybe during the week.

However, sometimes we get no new info for a whole week.

That's how it is...somehow

Sanokal
19th November 2015, 05:34 AM

This date next month.

Joenen
19th November 2015, 05:41 AM
we always get "news" after the yugioh anime airs. Its just not always substantive. Twitter wise at least. Like for the past while we've been getting Pendulum Dominion Reprints.

Which I guess is news enough considering its kinda hard to build D/D in Japan.

ScionStorm
19th November 2015, 05:58 AM

Somewhere between the 15th and the 18th of December. They usually happen mid-month.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
19th November 2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks all of you for answer me

King
19th November 2015, 09:58 AM
D/D orthos cant wait to place on my EMEm deck

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 10:37 AM
D/D orthos cant wait to place on my EMEm deck

Am I missing something, or what do you intend to use it for?

Charly Ruri Raptors
19th November 2015, 10:55 AM
Is it true he is a tuner or is that a minstranslation from the wiki?

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 10:59 AM
Is it true he is a tuner or is that a minstranslation from the wiki?

Look at its picture. It has the チューナー (Tuner) there. At least, it seems.

R3QU13M
19th November 2015, 11:25 AM
Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, makes me wonder if Konami would make more Fusions with them summoning mechanics or would this be the archetype power or basis besides the synchro route too.

King
19th November 2015, 11:31 AM
Am I missing something, or what do you intend to use it for?

Lvl 8 synchros with rank 4 spam engine it can be splashable in EMEm due to this deck awesome cosistency a semi-splashable pendulum tuner wont be a problem

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 11:40 AM
Lvl 8 synchros with rank 4 spam engine it can be splashable in EMEm due to this deck awesome cosistency a semi-splashable pendulum tuner wont be a problem

It limits you to Fiend-type only. What Fiend-type Synchro monsters are you going to run in an EMEm deck?

King
19th November 2015, 12:26 PM
It limits you to Fiend-type only. What Fiend-type Synchro monsters are you going to run in an EMEm deck?

Blood mefist this is not a problem if i normal summon him i can bypass this kind of thing like i said he is only a test

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 12:43 PM
Blood mefist this is not a problem if i normal summon him i can bypass this kind of thing like i said he is only a test

Ah, you're not going to play them in real life, then.
And if you only use Orthos to normal summon it...
Well, test it and then tell me how it was.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
19th November 2015, 01:52 PM
Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, makes me wonder if Konami would make more Fusions with them summoning mechanics or would this be the archetype power or basis besides the synchro route too.

That's only make me wish more Fussion for red-eyes but... More red-eyes, because to be honest, Black Skull look awfull, more like an archifiend than "red-eyes" because it is, the old version, the one witouth effect looks a lot more badass but in the end is just red-eyes + B. Meteor/Summoned Skull(Random cards). But i don't now, could be good fussion between two or more red-eyes black dragon? Because that seems a lot of more "blue-eyes/Cyber-thing".

PD: Any of you think or wish there will be more support for red-eyes?
PD2: Yes, is my favorite card.

Sanokal
19th November 2015, 06:24 PM
I doubt it. The current legacy support trend involves a slew of cards for a theme each booster pack and then nary a mention afterwards.

Dread Kaiser
19th November 2015, 06:31 PM
I doubt it. The current legacy support trend involves a slew of cards for a theme each booster pack and then nary a mention afterwards.

Correction
A slew of support in a core set, and a Magazine Promo (Red-eyes Tracer, Sacred BLS, Priestess and Twin Burst, Buster Blader Sad)

Then, nary a mention afterwords, though I imagine THAT bit won't hold true for Blue-eyes

Sanokal
19th November 2015, 06:39 PM
Correction
A slew of support in a core set, and a Magazine Promo (Red-eyes Tracer, Sacred BLS, Priestess and Twin Burst, Buster Blader Sad)

Then, nary a mention afterwords, though I imagine THAT bit won't hold true for Blue-eyes

That's what I meant, but you've explained it better.

Indytotof
19th November 2015, 07:36 PM
Correction

Buster Blader Sad ? What's this card ?

LolsterXD97
19th November 2015, 07:46 PM
They should make more Contact Fusions like Twin Burst or Beast-Eyes (Where is optional to use either Polymerization or a Contact Fusion). Glad that D/D/D Synchro isn't trash as we thought before the update on the translated text, now it is PERFECT.

Dread Kaiser
19th November 2015, 08:45 PM
Buster Blader Sad ? What's this card ?

...Whoooosh

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 05:52 AM
PD: Any of you think or wish there will be more support for red-eyes?
PD2: Yes, is my favorite card.

Red-Eyes should have at least gotten a Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon effect monster and a Meteor Black Flare Dragon fusion monster, if not also a remake of Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon as a Synchro monster.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
20th November 2015, 10:24 AM
Red-Eyes should have at least gotten a Red-Eyes Meteor Dragon effect monster and a Meteor Black Flare Dragon fusion monster, if not also a remake of Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon as a Synchro monster.

I like that and i was waiting for dat surely will be awesome... But all this card for red-eyes are only remake cards... Flare, Metal Flare, Black Skull archfiend, etc i want a new card a new monster, a new material with wich red-eyes can fuse for example this new twin dragon for blue-eyes.

PD: Why my profile not show me my avatar?

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 10:26 AM
PD: Why my profile not show me my avatar?

You have to change the avatar. Not the profile pic.

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 10:47 AM
This V-Jump news confirms that we won't have more than 17 normal/effect monsters from the anime in SHVI.

What I'm hoping/thinking the Millennium Pack new cards will be based on this news:
Ra-Phoenix Mode
Stone of Ojhat
Holding Arms
Holding Legs
Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion
Thousand Dragon/Flame Swordsman retrain
Card of Demise
Dark Spell Regeneration
True Name
Attack Guidance Armor
Magical Trick Mirror
Nightmare Mirror

Sanokal
20th November 2015, 10:49 AM
We'd better get Diabound at last.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
20th November 2015, 10:50 AM
You have to change the avatar. Not the profile pic.

Thanks

And SocinStorm what do you mean?

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 10:51 AM
We'd better get Diabound at last.

We got Phoenix Mode in this set. I don't think we're getting Diabound.

Thanks

And SocinStorm what do you mean?
What are you asking about?

Hope in the Interstice
20th November 2015, 10:57 AM
What are you asking about?
Clearly, he's worried about your socks in this turbulent weather.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 11:00 AM
This V-Jump news confirms that we won't have more than 17 normal/effect monsters from the anime in SHVI.

What I'm hoping/thinking the Millennium Pack new cards will be based on this news:
Ra-Phoenix Mode
Stone of Ojhat
Holding Arms
Holding Legs
Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion
Thousand Dragon/Flame Swordsman retrain
Card of Demise
Dark Spell Regeneration
True Name
Attack Guidance Armor
Magical Trick Mirror
Nightmare Mirror

That selection sounds pretty reasonable.
I also want:
-Purity of the Cemetery (although this would support Pendulums even more).
-Rescuer from the Grave, but <the same as above>.
-Self Tribute
But I don't see them being released in this kind of pack. Maybe in a Dragons of Legend pack, since they're from Rafael.

More:
-Arduous Decision
-Star Blaster
-Roll of Fate, but nerfed hard. Very hard. Either that or immediately banned, like Sixth Sense.
-Celebration of Creation
-Compensation Mediation, more Joey style.
I don't see these cards being released now, but some of them have awesome artworks. There are still a lot of unreleased DM cool cards.
Like the Landstar fellows.

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
20th November 2015, 12:56 PM
Pls Konami make Gate Guardian support !!!

Any arquetype than you guys don't want more or even support? Form Duel Monster only, in my opinion, May Valentien deck get enough already

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 03:49 PM
We are still missing Harpie Lady Sparrow Formation, though.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 03:50 PM
pls konami make gate guardian support !!!

Any arquetype than you guys don't want more or even support? Form duel monster only, in my opinion, may valentien deck get enough already

fucking finally someone else asks for that

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 04:36 PM
fucking finally someone else asks for that

It's really hard making THAT even remotely good, can't ask for the impossible.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the full effect of Bishbalkin

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 05:18 PM

I'm still secretly wating for Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth broken support.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 05:24 PM
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the full effect of Bishbalkin

The pieces themselves aren't too hard to work with, Pendulums solved their major problem and LV 7 has some support

Still no reason to actually summon Guardian, Kicks aside. Nothing short of a retrain will fix that

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 05:29 PM
The pieces themselves aren't too hard to work with, Pendulums solved their major problem and LV 7 has some support

Still no reason to actually summon Guardian, Kicks aside. Nothing short of a retrain will fix that

I'd like a Gate Guardian with an actual effect.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 05:33 PM
I'd like a Gate Guardian with an actual effect.

Real Question is, would retrained gate guardian still be a nomi or an Xyz?

Xyz would be easy, and could reconstruct his original effects to a degree. Gain effects for specific material attached, detach one to tank hits

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 05:38 PM

Xyz would be easy, and could reconstruct his original effects to a degree. Gain effects for specific material attached, detach one to tank hits

If it can only become good by becoming an Xyz, keep it shit

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 05:43 PM

Wow, that'd be a nice idea. And it makes more sense. But how would you summon it? 3 Level 7? And it would only be able to use its effect:
During damage calculation in your opponent's turn, if this card is being attacked: You can target the attacking monster; make that target's ATK 0 during damage calculation only (this is a Quick Effect). This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. only if it had Suijin, Sanga or Kazejin as materials?
Or would it be generic?

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, it makes more sense. But not a generic one.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 05:43 PM

as a 3 Mat R7 that only does things with its pieces attached
I see no issues with it and the fact that it was originally a construction of 3 LV7s Attached to eachother and used said pieces to fight kinda makes it the precursor to Xyz
well the Duelist Kingdom Version anyway

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 05:49 PM
Wow, that'd be a nice idea. And it makes more sense. But how would you summon it? 3 Level 7? And it would only be able to use its effect: only if it had Suijin, Sanga or Kazejin as materials?
Or would it be generic?

Either:
A, have Generic Xyz get simple effect with retrained pieces having "Xyz summoned monster gains this effect While this card is attached as material: XXXX". Heavily encouraging use of the pieces. That could be used for Generic R7NK but if it takes some thunder from R4NK I'm good with that as long as it doesn't make....say an untargatable/unresponable Big eye
B, Have the new Guardian itself gain effects for the specific material listed. that would be hard to fit in a text box. Archetype locking optional. OR a Multi-material effect a la Magnus
C, both

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 05:53 PM
I see no issues with it and the fact that it was originally a construction of 3 LV7s Attached to eachother and used said pieces to fight kinda makes it the precursor to Xyz

Totally agree, but it would still be a 3750 beater. Unless it could only be summoned by overlaying Sanga, Kazejin and Sujin.
And they could retrain the pieces and make them give effects to ratrained Gate Guardian, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Either:
A, have Generic Xyz get simple effect with retrained pieces having "Xyz summoned monster gains this effect While this card is attached as material: XXXX". Heavily encouraging use of the pieces. That could be used for Generic R7NK but if it takes some thunder from R4NK I'm good with that as long as it doesn't make....say an untargatable/unresponable Big eye
B, Have the new Guardian itself gain effects for the specific material listed. that would be hard to fit in a text box. Archetype locking optional. OR a Multi-material effect a la Magnus
C, both

I choose C. But it would have to be very thought. It would be a shame it turned out to be easy spam of a colossal monster.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 06:03 PM
I choose C. But it would have to be very thought. It would be a shame it turned out to be easy spam of a colossal monster.

Hey if it gives R4NK Competition im fine with that too

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 06:06 PM

Still, It's getting ridiculous how everything like that is becoming an Xyz. Also being an Xyz Bossmonster is not bosslike. You will lose your worth After a few usages which is not bosslike at all. Atleast make it a contact Fusion or something but please no detach machine

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 06:13 PM
Still, It's getting ridiculous how everything like that is becoming an Xyz. Also being an Xyz Bossmonster is not bosslike. You will lose your worth After a few usages which is not bosslike at all. Atleast make it a contact Fusion or something but please no detach machine

Well, if they didn't lose a bit of power after a few usages, that would be ridiculous. But it may have an effect which doesn't need to detach.
As for contact fusion, it doesn't seem a bad idea either. Gate Guardian is a level 11, so... Making it Xyz would remove that.
But I don't see it as a fusion.
Let's keep it as an Effect monster, but making him easier to summon and with an effect like banishing the pieces from the Grave to activate it or something.

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 06:16 PM
Well, if they didn't lose a bit of power after a few usages, that would be ridiculous. But it may have an effect which doesn't need to detach.
As for contact fusion, it doesn't seem a bad idea either. Gate Guardian is a level 11, so... Making it Xyz would remove that.
But I don't see it as a fusion.
Let's keep it as an Effect monster, but making him easier to summon and with an effect like banishing the pieces from the Grave to activate it or something.

Xyz are not bossmonsters. They are supposed to be only there for atmost 2 turns. Cheap ass monsters that become useless without mats.
Synchros or Fusion on the other Hand wont drain their power and get reduced to beat sticks.
If anything it should ne effect or Fusion, but effect would mean you have to draw it which is already too much of a cost

Indytotof
20th November 2015, 06:17 PM
There is the current build of the blue-eyes deck I use (pending further support):

http://i.imgur.com/oGBhii5.jpg?1

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 06:29 PM
Xyz are not bossmonsters. They are supposed to be only there for atmost 2 turns. Cheap ass monsters that become useless without mats.
Synchros or Fusion on the other Hand wont drain their power and get reduced to beat sticks.
If anything it should ne effect or Fusion, but effect would mean you have to draw it which is already too much of a cost

Bah, don't be like that. I know you hate Xyz. I hate some of them too. But not all of them are bad guys.
We're trying to make a cool one here.

But a Level 11 Effect Monster makes more sense. You have to draw into it? Well, not necessarily. Give it support like this:

Reveal a Kazejin, Sujin and Sanga (or retrained counterparts) from your hand; Add one retrained Gate Guardian from your deck to your hand.
OR

Target a Kazejin, Sujin and Sanga (or retrained counterparts) on your side of the field; Add one retrained Gate Guardian from your deck to your hand.
Or something along those lines. If you have the conditions, but not the boss, well, search it. This way, it's as easy to use it as a Fusion.

- - - Updated - - -

There is the current build of the blue-eyes deck I use (pending further support):

I think this isn't the place for that. You should create a new thread under OCG decks stuff.

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 06:40 PM
Bah, don't be like that. I know you hate Xyz. I hate some of them too. But not all of them are bad guys.
We're trying to make a cool one here.

But a Level 11 Effect Monster makes more sense. You have to draw into it? Well, not necessarily. Give it support like this:

OR

Or something along those lines. If you have the conditions, but not the boss, well, search it. This way, it's as easy to use it as a Fusion.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this isn't the place for that. You should create a new thread under OCG decks stuff.

Never did I say that I hate Xyz monsters. In fact I said often enough that I like some Xyz. But the usage of the mechanic, the idea of it and Most monsters are crap. It's not a fitting mechanic for bosses since they lose their worth After a while, that is not bosslike at all.

Then the card will be just a dead draw in your Hand. If it doesnt nekroz from Hand, it will be too much already

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 06:41 PM

I disagree, the lesser Xyz maybe, but plenty of Xyz are useful, even without mats,
Dracosac can still pop things, Susanowo can still multi-attack, C9 still eats things, Revolution Falcon still effectively auto-kills everything it fights

Yes, they also lose Potency without their mats (well not Susanowo, its just as powerful with mats as without them)

Then there are things like Galaxy Destroyer. How many times will you need his effect?

I get you hate Xyz, but there can be, and are, Xyz bosses. Thats a fact (unless you have some incredibly odd definition for the word). Hell its the entire point of Great Magnus. I'd put 99 on that list if they didn't nerf him so hard.

That said, A Fusion would also be appropriate, and fitting in a sense, given teh timeline. but an Xyz would allow it far more potential in the form of the Pieces having "Grant Xyz X effect" effects. Meanwhile we would either need a Fusion spell (a problem) or it would be contact Fusion, again appropriate....but then its just a purple Xyz with less potential for the set to support it unless you want to give the pieces a YZ-like effect

The Original idea of the guardian was that the Pieces themselves actively contribute to the whole, and the whole suffers when they are lost. the Xyz Mechanic best fits this

Hypothetical Guardian
generic non-material consuming effect
Pieces give it extra effects and defenses while attached
Pieces tanks hits when it would die, costing it some effects and defenses, much like what happened to the Guardian when Suijin was lost

- - - Updated - - -

Never did I say that I hate Xyz monsters. In fact I said often enough that I like some Xyz. But the usage of the mechanic, the idea of it and Most monsters are crap. It's not a fitting mechanic for bosses since they lose their worth After a while, that is not bosslike at all.

Actually I don't think I ever saw you say any such thing

Sanokal
20th November 2015, 06:42 PM
Honestly, one could argue that having the three parts out is technically having Gate Guardian out in the first place.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 06:43 PM

Ah right, right. I understand, I really do. They're minions for battle. Then they run out of stamina and die.

Then the card will be just a dead draw in your Hand. If it doesnt nekroz from Hand, it will be too much already

Not exactly. If you have the conditions to summon it, but the only thing missing is the card itself, search it, and summon it.

Zillabrony13
20th November 2015, 06:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/oGBhii5.jpg?1
Why do you run Shining? Not exactly the best monster to draw into, considering it needs Ultimate on field to summon. Have you considered a Cards of Consonance engine? Maybe even Tyrant Wing?

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 06:45 PM
Honestly, one could argue that having the three parts out is technically having Gate Guardian out in the first place.

good point

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 06:46 PM
I disagree, the lesser Xyz maybe, but plenty of Xyz are useful, even without mats,
Dracosac can still pop things, Susanowo can still multi-attack, C9 still eats things, Revolution Falcon still effectively auto-kills everything it fights

Yes, they also lose Potency without their mats (well not Susanowo, its just as powerful with mats as without them)

Then there are things like Galaxy Destroyer. How many times will you need his effect?

I get you hate Xyz, but there can be, and are, Xyz bosses. Thats a fact (unless you have some incredibly odd definition for the word). Hell its the entire point of Great Magnus. I'd put 99 on that list if they didn't nerf him so hard.

That said, A Fusion would also be appropriate, and fitting in a sense, given teh timeline. but an Xyz would allow it far more potential in the form of the Pieces having "Grant Xyz X effect" effects. Meanwhile we would either need a Fusion spell (a problem) or it would be contact Fusion, again appropriate....but then its just a purple Xyz with less potential for the set to support it unless you want to give the pieces a YZ-like effect

The Original idea of the guardian was that the Pieces themselves actively contribute to the whole, and the whole suffers when they are lost. the Xyz Mechanic best fits this

Hypothetical Guardian
Pieces tanks hits when it would die, costing it some effects and defenses, much like what happened to the Guardian when Suijin was lost

- - - Updated - - -

I understand Mofiz. Xyz are not bossy, because they always lose a bit of power, even if they still have plenty left. Synchros, Fusion, Rituals, and others, have always the same strenght until the end.
Of course, there are exceptions. But look at the Xyz universe. Those exceptions are very few, and are hardly usable/used.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 06:47 PM
Not exactly. If you have the conditions to summon it, but the only thing missing is the card itself, search it, and summon it.

Still an extra step or a search that could have gone to somthing else

Extra steps like that are what Kills viability of 99% of Bosses

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 06:48 PM

Hypothetical Guardian

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there are always exceptions. Just like trishula is like an Xyz. One shot. But about 95% are just used for two turns. A boss should have field presense and be intimidating on its own and actually do something without being reliant on any condition or support.
About a few Xyz actually do that while it is way more common with other mechanics

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 06:50 PM
I understand Mofiz. Xyz are not bossy, because they always lose a bit of power, even if they still have plenty left. Synchros, Fusion, Rituals, and others, heve always the same strenght until the end.
Of course, there are exceptions. But look at the Xyz universe. Those exceptions are very few, and are hardly usable.

Cept the power loss is actually part of the design. its how Gate Guardian originally functioned. which is why I'm saying Xyz are fitting

Nigh-unstoppable together (attacks 1 times and blocks 1 Attack per piece, with huge stats and no real destruction effect at the time), Weaker and weaker as the pieces are lost

and the way im imagining it, its only losing material to tank hits

Indytotof
20th November 2015, 06:57 PM
Why do you run Shining? Not exactly the best monster to draw into, considering it needs Ultimate on field to summon. Have you considered a Cards of Consonance engine? Maybe even Tyrant Wing?

White Stone (unlike Black Stone) is completely outdated, the "Eyes of Blue" monsters are way better than the stone. With Alternate existing, Ultimate is way faster to summon.... if only a Dragon's Mirror searcher exist (at least Polymerization have two).

As Pendulum suggest it, I will post this deck in a OCG thread.

The deck will probably change with each remaining support (I guess 2 main monsters with "Blue-Eyes" in their name, two new Spell (with a "Blue-Eyes Fusion" who will make Ultimate more easly summonable) and 1 Trap card + Blue-Eyes Ultimate retrain) being revealed.

The Wonder Wand engine works way better than Consonance, since all the Tuners here are Spellcasters.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 07:01 PM
Still an extra step or a search that could have gone to somthing else

Extra steps like that are what Kills viability of 99% of Bosses

But if it's worth it? If the retrained Gate Guardian is so good, it needs this "weakness" to balance it? Well, we're speculating too much, I guess.

Cept the power loss is actually part of the design. its how Gate Guardian originally functioned. which is why I'm saying Xyz are fitting

Nigh-unstoppable together (attacks 1 times and blocks 1 Attack per piece, with huge stats and no real destruction effect at the time), Weaker and weaker as the pieces are lost

and the way im imagining it, its only losing material to tank hits

I rather have the three materials on the field than Gate Guardian, to be honest. They're strong in stats and have reasonably powerful effects.
So, retrained Gate Guardian would have to be worth it. An Xyz with three chances to stop attacking monsters doesn't sound bad. But in the end it would be a beater. It needs a bit more.

Zillabrony13
20th November 2015, 07:03 PM
What about Rider of the Storm Winds? Searchable with Knight Sage and great when equipped to either of the Blue-Eyes fusions.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 07:06 PM
Yes there are always exceptions. Just like trishula is like an Xyz. One shot. But about 95% are just used for two turns. A boss should have field presense and be intimidating on its own and actually do something without being reliant on any condition or support.
About a few Xyz actually do that while it is way more common with other mechanics

Which is EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN DESCRIBING

Pieces are lost ONLY to tank hits for the boss, while they are all there it would be nigh invincible.

If you tell me that doesn't scream "Staying power", I'd recommend you'd get your eyes checked.

and I really shouldn't need to explain whats wrong with trying to put entire game mechanics into a mold like that, there are plenty of one-shot Synchros (Majestics, Trish, BlackRose, 2 of the 3 Unicorns, Turbo Cannon (bonus points for actually being called "One-shot cannon" and many more)

Likewise there are plenty of Xyz that can stay on the field for a long time, UTOPIA topping the list as teh entire goal of its deck is to make it untoachable while their effects barely get use, Lead Blow being a nice second.

Yes bosses should have Presence and Staying power
Limited effect usage is neither of those, Especially when only 2 turns of its presence should end games. Look at the AEsir or the Sun-moon dragons. Thier revival effects are more useful then their actual effects, and in the AEsir case you got 3/6 shots at max, more often then not they are just big white Vanillas.

- - - Updated - - -

But if it's worth it? If the retrained Gate Guardian is so good, it needs this "weakness" to balance it? Well, we're speculating too much, I guess.

I rather have the three materials on the field than Gate Guardian, to be honest. They're strong in stats and have reasonably powerful effects.
So, retrained Gate Guardian would have to be worth it. An Xyz with three chances to stop attacking monsters doesn't sound bad. But in the end it would be a beater. It needs a bit more.

I was Describing Duelist Kingdom Gate Guardian there, not my Hypothetical one. this isn't a CaC thread so I didn't come up with the full thing yet, though I have ideas

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 07:07 PM
So, which is better, then: Blue-Eyes Twin Burst or Blue-Eyes Ultimate?

Zillabrony13
20th November 2015, 07:07 PM
I'd say Twin Burst, but Ultimate is still at least a one of. 4500 atk isn't something to laugh at.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 07:13 PM

Twin burst
Ultimate needs twice as much to go into and 4500 ATK is overkill
3K double attack on monsters is more then enough, and for half resources too

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 07:15 PM
I was Describing Duelist Kingdom Gate Guardian there, not my Hypothetical one. this isn't a CaC thread so I didn't come up with the full thing yet, though I have ideas

Ah ok.
Thus being, I'll be waiting for your ideas and then comment about them.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 07:42 PM
Ah ok.
Thus being, I'll be waiting for your ideas and then comment about them.

Well my NOT!FINAL Ideas.

The Xyz himself, thinking
1 Attack per Material (On monsters?), self destruct at 0 Mats
When be removed from field by card effect, detach 1 instead (Fuck off, Castel) (possibly make it opponents choice (they pick the piece they attacked))

Simple and doesn't really do much when you use him generically, aside from being big and taking 3 shots to remove

The pieces themselves, I was thinking they'd add each other on summon, Gadget style, while providing 2 Generic passive effects, one offensive one Defensive/Controlling, for the Xyz they are attached to, and ONLY for as long as they are attached.

For offensive: Flame Wingman (Half?)Burn, Piercing, Banish card from hand on dealing damage/Kill, Deal Flat X Damage on Damage/Kill, Negate effects of/Banish things it kills/Armades effect

For Defensive/Control: Immunity to Spells/Traps/Monsters/Targeting/Everything/Whatever else you can think of, Lock Grave effects, Block Multiple Summons (read, pendulum), block Special summons (for assholes), Abyss Style OPT negation, Quasar Style OPT Negation/Winged-Beasts cannot Attack or activate effects/Can't Respond to its Effects

Feel free to add more to pick from
Pick 3 of each and assign 1 of each to each piece

I wouldn't actually pick all the Immunities, that'd be stupid.

Throw it together and it suddenly sounds more like that Class-of-Exodia Demigod Yami Yugi made it out to be, doesn't it? Nigh Invincible together, can be taken out Piece by Piece to weaken it
And in reference to how it was taken out (by powered up Black Skull Dragon), it has exactly 0 defense from battle.

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 07:47 PM
Which is EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN DESCRIBING

Pieces are lost ONLY to tank hits for the boss, while they are all there it would be nigh invincible.

If you tell me that doesn't scream "Staying power", I'd recommend you'd get your eyes checked.

and I really shouldn't need to explain whats wrong with trying to put entire game mechanics into a mold like that, there are plenty of one-shot Synchros (Majestics, Trish, BlackRose, 2 of the 3 Unicorns, Turbo Cannon (bonus points for actually being called "One-shot cannon" and many more)

Likewise there are plenty of Xyz that can stay on the field for a long time, UTOPIA topping the list as teh entire goal of its deck is to make it untoachable while their effects barely get use, Lead Blow being a nice second.

Yes bosses should have Presence and Staying power
Limited effect usage is neither of those, Especially when only 2 turns of its presence should end games. Look at the AEsir or the Sun-moon dragons. Thier revival effects are more useful then their actual effects, and in the AEsir case you got 3/6 shots at max, more often then not they are just big white Vanillas.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is pretty much what's unbosslike. Instead of making a boss ridiculously easy to summon and give it 1,2 turns of strong effects and medio core effects afterwards, it should be an overall beast or atleast a game ender if it fucks off again (Saver Dragon Evolutions, their existence was pretty much to end the game no matter what).
I didn't deny that there are One SHot Synchros, I gave the first example. But those aren't bosses. Xyzes are pretty much one/two shots in general, their field presense don't have to be kept. Like Shooting Star, Sifr, Revival Polar Gods or many other monsters that keep their actual power forever without being reliant on anything (in case of polar gods and chronicle, the effect was nerfed too heavily from the anime, in which they were bosses)
Sure, duels don't last long and a Castel will remove something in one turn anyway but that's just how bullshitting this game became, especially after Xyz. If we consider the fact that a monster can't last longer than 2 turns, than any Rank 4 can be considered as a bossmonster because it is VERY unlikely that they will keep field presense after actually running out of mats for multiple usages of their effects. But that's where the RL game is just too fast. COmpared to the origin in the anime, a boss monster lasted half a duel, if not the whole, hence why it was awesome. Opposed in ZeXal, where the duels were very short and the monsters got immediet rank up after 2,3 turns which is one of the reaosons I didn't enjoy their duels (sure, it has more "plottwists" but the monsters don't get the respect they deserve except mabye for 1000)

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimate is crap, there is no actual reason to run it over Twin Burst.

Jakinus
20th November 2015, 08:03 PM
Instead of monster that is strong by itself and its own win condition (considering that a lot of complains about Towers and Magnus are exactly those and I agree to an extent), why it cannot be a boss monster that deals with enough of the opposing field so the rest of the monsters in the archetype/deck can make the final blow?

Gyzarus, Hyperion and Machina Fortresss don't hit the field and lead you to victory, and they are boss monsters, so why not?

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 08:08 PM
Instead of monster that is strong by itself and its own win condition (considering that a lot of complains about Towers and Magnus are exactly those and I agree to an extent), why it cannot be a boss monster that deals with enough of the opposing field so the rest of the monsters in the archetype/deck can make the final blow?

Gyzarus, Hyperion and Machina Fortresss don't hit the field and win you the game, and they are boss monsters, so why not?

No reason it can't, guess it depends on your definition of "Boss" monster.
Mine includes those (My definition is very broad), Mofiz's clearly bans Xyz from even applying for the position (Narrower), an opinion that is foreign and just fucked up in my view of things. and can imagine people laughing at the entire idea of them and saying R4NK and the like is their boss (Judging by Weight pulled for effort),

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 08:18 PM
No reason it can't, guess it depends on your definition of "Boss" monster.
Mine includes those (My definition is very broad), Mofiz's clearly bans Xyz from even applying for the position (Narrower), an opinion that is foreign and just fucked up in my view of things. and can imagine people laughing at the entire idea of them and saying R4NK and the like is their boss (Judging by Weight pulled for effort),

Yeah, no. I didn't ban Xyz but the concept of monsters that become mediocore after 2 turns. C88, 9, Rebellion are clearly not working like that. Then again, my point: Barely any Xyz are designed like that. Being the key or the strongest monster of the Deck doesn't necessarily makes you bosslike. It may be the strongest thing there but a boss is something that actually does a lot on its own and has to have some sort of sacrifice to get out.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 08:23 PM
Well my NOT!FINAL Ideas.

The Xyz himself, thinking
1 Attack per Material (On monsters?), self destruct at 0 Mats
When be removed from field by card effect, detach 1 instead (Fuck off, Castel) (possibly make it opponents choice (they pick the piece they attacked))

Simple and doesn't really do much when you use him generically, aside from being big and taking 3 shots to remove

1 Attack on monsters per Material, self destruct if targeted by an attack at 0 mats.
I'd prefer some 81 style. Remove one piece, not affected by card effects (including it's own self destruction), but maybe your alternative is better.

The pieces themselves, I was thinking they'd add each other on summon, Gadget style, while providing 2 Generic passive effects, one offensive one Defensive/Controlling, for the Xyz they are attached to, and ONLY for as long as they are attached.

Perfectly agree.

For offensive: Flame Wingman (Half?)Burn, Piercing, Banish card from hand on dealing damage/Kill, Deal Flat X Damage on Damage/Kill, Negate effects of/Banish things it kills/Armades effect

For Defensive/Control: Immunity to Spells/Traps/Monsters/Targeting/Everything/Whatever else you can think of, Lock Grave effects, Block Multiple Summons (read, pendulum), block Special summons (for assholes), Abyss Style OPT negation, Quasar Style OPT Negation/Winged-Beasts cannot Attack or activate effects/Can't Respond to its Effects

Feel free to add more to pick from
Pick 3 of each and assign 1 of each to each piece

I wouldn't actually pick all the Immunities, that'd be stupid.

Throw it together and it suddenly sounds more like that Class-of-Exodia Demigod Yami Yugi made it out to be, doesn't it? Nigh Invincible together, can be taken out Piece by Piece to weaken it
And in reference to how it was taken out (by powered up Black Skull Dragon), it has exactly 0 defense from battle.

Piece #1: Offensive: -Piercing OR Banish what it destroys;
Piece #2: Control: -Something that stops swarms OR something that stops floaters, I'm just sick of them both; OR Reduces monster stats to 0. "target one monster, reduce stats"? Reduce from all? Don't know;
Piece #3: Defensive: -Can't Respond to its Effects;

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 08:31 PM
Piece #1: Offensive: -Piercing OR Banish what it destroys;
Piece #2: Control: -Something that stops swarms OR something that stops floaters, I'm just sick of them both; OR Reduces monster stats to 0. "target one monster, reduce stats"? Reduce from all? Don't know;
Piece #3: Defensive: -Can't Respond to its Effects;

Was Trying to recreate DK Guardian as close as possible, Effects per mat work too

And it was 2 Effects per piece, total of 6 effects (3 offensive, Control/Defensive was 1 category)

I'd go with:
#1 Banish Kill - Targetting Immune
#2 Piercing - Grave Lock
#3 Armades - Abyss Negation

ATK Drain is nice too but whats going to be in ATK mode with this in play?

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 09:05 PM
Was Trying to recreate DK Guardian as close as possible, Effects per mat work too

And it was 2 Effects per piece, total of 6 effects (3 offensive, Control/Defensive was 1 category)

I thought so, but 6 effects would be too much.

I'd go with:
#1 Banish Kill - Targetting Immune
#2 Piercing - Grave Lock
#3 Armades - Abyss Negation

ATK Drain is nice too but whats going to be in ATK mode with this in play?

It wasn't ATK drain. It was ATK and DEF drain for the piercing.

If you want two effects per piece, then:
#1 Pierce + OPT Stat drain /*I hate when bosses are stopped by stallers*/
#2 Banish (target one->banish it) + any other thing. It can be grave lock, OR Abyss lock.
#3 Armades + Can't chain to its effects.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 09:09 PM
I thought so, but 6 effects would be too much.

This is Gate Guardian, there is no such fucking thing

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 09:11 PM
This is Gate Guardian, there is no such fucking thing

Yeah, full power!
So, what's your final sample for it?

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 09:52 PM
If we're going to talk about Para and Dox cards, how about a Labyrinth field spell that special summons Labyrinth Walls and grants them Big Benkei's effect. Also, Monsters can only attack a monster that is in the same column as they are except for "Dungeon Worm" which can attack any monster.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 09:55 PM
And a retrained Labyrinth Tank. So many cards worth a retrain version...

- - - Updated - - -

And Wall Shadow.

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 10:01 PM
And a retrained Labyrinth Tank. So many cards worth a retrain version...

- - - Updated - - -

And Wall Shadow.

Labyrinth Tank protects Labyrinth Field spell. Wall Shadow cannot be destroyed by battle while Labyrinth field spell is face up on the field- once per turn, you may switch Wall Shadow to one other Monster Zone that is currently occupied by a Labyrinth Wall monster.

LolsterXD97
20th November 2015, 10:05 PM
Would you mind La Jinn and Ancient Lamp retrains for Kaiba? It has got some Dragons Of Legend 3 Material in Arc-V (Hope the Movie has also some retrain of them too, also the XYZ monsters too).

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 11:17 PM
Would you mind La Jinn and Ancient Lamp retrains for Kaiba? It has got some Dragons Of Legend 3 Material in Arc-V (Hope the Movie has also some retrain of them too, also the XYZ monsters too).

ALL OF THE NOSTALGIARETRAINS

Labyrinth Tank protects Labyrinth Field spell. Wall Shadow cannot be destroyed by battle while Labyrinth field spell is face up on the field- once per turn, you may switch Wall Shadow to one other Monster Zone that is currently occupied by a Labyrinth Wall monster.

Ehh, Wall shadow still only has 1600, indestructibility is nice, but it won't be doing anything if thats it

If we're going to talk about Para and Dox cards, how about a Labyrinth field spell that special summons Labyrinth Walls and grants them Big Benkei's effect. Also, Monsters can only attack a monster that is in the same column as they are except for "Dungeon Worm" which can attack any monster.

Why is this all in reverse order.....

I am Dissapointed no one caught my earlier reference to it....
Labyrinth stuff would be nice, but I'd rather just see focus on teh Guardian

ScionStorm
20th November 2015, 11:26 PM

Ehh, Wall shadow still only has 1600, indestructibility is nice, but it won't be doing anything if thats it

Maybe. Not on it's own. But then if the Labyrinth Field Spell grants Big Benkei effect to Labyrinth walls while restricting monsters to Senet rules then Wall Shadow's ability to switch zones with Labyrinth walls lets the walls move around the field to attack where they want. Just like a moving labyrinth. I agree though. Wall Shadow itself needs something just a little more than indestructibility on it's own. Maybe it gains a Senet restricted extra effect.

LolsterXD97
20th November 2015, 11:29 PM

Why is this all in reverse order.....

I am Dissapointed no one caught my earlier reference to it....
Labyrinth stuff would be nice, but I'd rather just see focus on teh Guardian

What if they make Dark Guardian for Dragons of Legend 3 but more playable and with more effects? Since it would be NOTHING at this stages of game and Dark Element cost just for a wall would be BS.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 11:34 PM
What if they make Dark Guardian for Dragons of Legend 3 but more playable and with more effects? Since it would be NOTHING at this stages of game and Dark Element cost just for a wall would be BS.

B b but then how would we avoid getting punched out by Obelisk?

[Srs mode]
Would like to see that, but have it work by tributing just 1 piece instead of the whole thing

That'd make it usable without even needing to change its effect

as for effect changes......lesse, extend it to make all your stuff battle immune......ehhh, I'll think of something better later

Joenen
21st November 2015, 03:00 AM

Friendly reminder that CACs belong in the CAC thread~

If you're gonna post one just make a note that you've got some ideas, and are posting them in the CAC thread, and move on with the thread topic.

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 03:44 AM
Friendly reminder that CACs belong in the CAC thread~

If you're gonna post one just make a note that you've got some ideas, and are posting them in the CAC thread, and move on with the thread topic.

Noted. I didn't really have an clear card idea though. I was only trying to imagine the guardian brothers labyrinth field as a functioning game element and throwing out a handful of effect ideas to make it work. I do always put fully composed card ideas in the CaC thread.

Dyson Sphere
21st November 2015, 04:03 AM
i honestly dont see gate guardian support happening, and will we have a DOL3 with all 3 dragons released

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 04:06 AM
i honestly dont see gate guardian support happening, and will we have a DOL3 with all 3 dragons released
But we already have all three dragons and all three knights.

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 04:11 AM

Which 3 dragons are you talking about? Not the three that have already come out, right?

A third DoL would probably focus more heavily on the villain decks of that season.

Dyson Sphere
21st November 2015, 04:20 AM
Which 3 dragons are you talking about? Not the three that have already come out, right?

A third DoL would probably focus more heavily on the villain decks of that season.

i was saying that we might not get DOL 3 since the 3 from that season came out, i obviously wasnt clear enough, and villains of that season, yes give me mah armor monsters

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 04:34 AM
i was saying that we might not get DOL 3 since the 3 from that season came out, i obviously wasnt clear enough, and villains of that season, yes give me mah armor monsters

Must remember the sets aren't called Dragons of Legend in OCG they are called Collectors Packs. First DoL was titled Duelists of Legend, the next Duelist of Destiny. If they do a third for that season not sure what they might call it. Duelist of Fate?

Joenen
22nd November 2015, 06:28 AM
If they did a third, it'd probably end up Orichalcos / villain focused.

However I doubt it'd happen at this rate.