PDA

View Full Version : Monsters with types/attributes you don't think they should have

SynjoDeonecros
19th November 2015, 12:45 AM
Just something random and fun: which monsters do you think have been given the wrong type or attribute, and what do you think they should have?

For instance, I don't get how Koa'ki Meiru Crusader is a Beast-Warrior. If you look close up at its face, it looks zombie-like, so you'd think it would be a Zomboe or something, but nope, Beast-Warrior. Similarly, War Arms is a normal Warrior when it really should be a Beast-Warrior.

LolsterXD97
19th November 2015, 12:46 AM
Red Dragon Archfiend should have been FIRE, or Stardust Dragon LIGHT. Maybe Black Rose Dragon should have been DARK, since... Black Rose.

Dread Kaiser
19th November 2015, 01:09 AM
So many things that aren't Dragons should be, and vise Versa

Sanokal
19th November 2015, 01:14 AM
Red Dragon Archfiend is an Archfiend, and Black Rose and Stardust attack with fire and sonic based attacks separately.

Volteccer
19th November 2015, 03:20 AM
All of the T.G.s and all of the Scraps, baring the synchros from both archtypes. All of them should be machines, or at least be multi-type machines like the T.G. cards were in the anime.

Brightshine Stardust
19th November 2015, 06:55 AM
Cyber Jar really should have been Machine, it looks way too mechanical to be Rock like the other Jars.
Besides, Fiber Jar is Plant, so we know it's not like all Jars should be Rock.

All of the Bounzers should have been Beast-Warrior.

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight should have been a Spellcaster, or Warrior. The main monster, as pointed out by the name, is her, not Timaeus.

ScionStorm
19th November 2015, 07:08 AM
I feel like Black Rose Dragon should have been EARTH or DARK. Blue Rose Dragon was DARK.

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight should have been a Spellcaster, or Warrior. The main monster, as pointed out by the name, is her, not Timaeus.

Dragon Master Knight is a Dragon-Type.

Brightshine Stardust
19th November 2015, 07:39 AM
Dragon Master Knight is a Dragon-Type.

That one should have been Warrior too, then.

ScionStorm
19th November 2015, 08:07 AM
BRD is already FIRE, though?

Unless you meant FIRE suits it well.

That one should have been Warrior too, then.
This is embarrassing. That wasn't supposed to say FIRE at all. I was also writing about Phoenixian monsters in a post in the anime section and then writing this as well and accidentally wrote FIRE instead of EARTH here. I feel really stupid now.

Brightshine Stardust
19th November 2015, 08:58 AM
This is embarrassing. That wasn't supposed to say FIRE at all. I was also writing about Phoenixian monsters in a post in the anime section and then writing this as well and accidentally wrote FIRE instead of EARTH here. I feel really stupid now.

ahhh I see, okay then :)

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 09:20 AM
Qlis used to seem WIND to me, when they came out.

Mofiz
19th November 2015, 11:49 AM
The signer Dragons almost have every attribute. But then Black feather came out.
Stardust should have been LIGHT, I mean.. Star
Blackrose should be WIND, because of Black Rose gale
Red deamons should be FIRE
And ancient fairy should be water

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 11:55 AM
BF should have been WIND.
Come on, their names are related to winds and birds OR sky-related phenomena.

Mofiz
19th November 2015, 12:11 PM
BF should have been WIND.
Come on, their names are related to winds and birds OR sky-related phenomena.

BLACK feather Dragon though
Also the manga BFs are named After historical or mythological weapons

Pendulum
19th November 2015, 12:41 PM
BLACK feather Dragon though

That makes sense being DARK, actually.

Also the manga BFs are named After historical or mythological weapons

I know, but they're also named after sky-related phenomena. Hence why I said OR.

But they could simply have made some of them WIND and the others DARK, depending on what their name was refering to.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
21st November 2015, 05:16 AM
Black Rose Dragon's attack is Black Rose Flare, which justifies the FIRE attribute to an extent.

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure I see how Ancient Fairy Dragon should be WATER...

On a side not, does Wall Shadow really strike as a Warrior-type to you guys? Shadow Ghoul is a Zombie.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 02:11 PM

On a side not, does Wall Shadow really strike as a Warrior-type to you guys? Shadow Ghoul is a Zombie.

Wall Shadow seems more like a Fiend-type. Or an Insect, at most. Definitely not a Warrior to me.

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 02:22 PM

I'm guessing it's a worrier about its relevance.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/021/889/68d.gif

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 02:35 PM
I'm guessing it's a worrier about its relevance.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/021/889/68d.gif

I just don't know how to reply to this. Seriously.
Nice one.

What about Union Rider? Does it seem like a Machine? It seems more like a Warrior to me.

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 02:38 PM
What about Union Rider? Does it seem like a Machine? It seems more like a Warrior to me.
Well, what we see of it is just a suit of armour. Perhaps there's machinery inside it?

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 02:46 PM
Well, what we see of it is just a suit of armour. Perhaps there's machinery inside it?

Maybe, maybe. Those were my first thoughts, but I guess I just don't want it to be Machine. Feels weird looking at the card and have Machine written on it. Fiend could work too, because it sorta looks like a demonic armor.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 02:49 PM
And why is Eidos a Spellcaster? And Idea a Warrior? They look more like Fiend and Fairy, respectively.
Well, the idea behind Idea was being a RotA target, I'd bet.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 03:24 PM
And why is Eidos a Spellcaster? And Idea a Warrior? They look more like Fiend and Fairy, respectively.

Limited in the OCG. If anything, it would have been a Psychic.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 03:27 PM
Limited in the OCG. If anything, it would have been a Psychic.

You just had to remind me of E-Tele, didn't you?
Besides, Psychic wouldn't fit Idea.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 03:29 PM
You just had to remind me of E-Tele, didn't you?
Besides, Psychic wouldn't fit Idea.

Neither does Warrior.

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 03:31 PM
Neither does Warrior.
I think otherwise. She looks like a plenty nice warrior.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 03:37 PM
Neither does Warrior.

As I said, Fairy would fit better.
It looks more heavenly than earthly. And Warrior makes me picture a more earthly character.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 03:56 PM

She looks like an Angel-Type. Especially with all the Light that surrounds her. Tbh, those lights are comparable to Blue Layers, so Psychic would even go better.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, Fairy would fit better.
It looks more heavenly than earthly. And Warrior makes me picture a more earthly character.

Flash Knight would like to have a word with you.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 04:05 PM
She looks like an Angel-Type.

Exactly.

Especially with all the Light that surrounds her. Tbh, those lights are comparable to Blue Layers, so Psychic would even go better.

No. Just no.
And why is Blue Layer a Psychic-type in the first place? It's obviously for E-Tele shenanigans. It looks like a psychic, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Flash Knight would like to have a word with you.

No. Flash Knight looks more like a Warrior. He just has a lot of floodlights behind him, that's all.
And he polishes his armour too much.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 04:12 PM
Exactly.

No. Just no.
And why is Blue Layer a Psychic-type in the first place? It's obviously for E-Tele shenanigans. It looks like a psychic, though.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Flash Knight looks more like a Warrior. He just has a lot of floodlights behind him, that's all.
And he polishes his armour too much.

If someone plays with Lights he/she is either holy or a psyco.

Flash Knight was send from God himself, did you even read his lore? He comes directly from the heaven

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 04:16 PM
Flash Knight was send from God himself, did you even read his lore? He comes directly from the heaven

The power of the pendulum flashes forth from this shining knight.
This?
It just says he shines too much.
At most he should be Psychic. Just look at him in Pendulum Rising (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Rising)'s artwork. He knows how to levitate stuff.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 04:33 PM
This?
It just says he shines too much.
At most he should be Psychic. Just look at him in Pendulum Rising (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Rising)'s artwork. He knows how to levitate stuff.

His original japanese lore. Not the TCG one.

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 04:35 PM
I thought "God Pendulum" referred to the Pendulum being godly, not a god called "Pendulum".

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 04:39 PM

Ah. Where can I read that? Anyway, he just invented that as his personal slogan.

At the most, he should be Spellcaster. You can clearly see him practicing the Wingardium Lev--, I mean, the Pendulum Swordum Leviosa in Pendulum Rising's artwork. And he is good, he doesn't even need a wand.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 04:42 PM
I thought "God Pendulum" referred to the Pendulum being godly, not a god called "Pendulum".

Either that or the Pendulum is from a "Kami" (as far as I know, it's not the same as "godlike" power), still power from a god.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Where can I read that? Anyway, he just invented that as his personal slogan.

At the most, he should be Spellcaster. You can clearly see him practicing the Wingardium Lev--, I mean, the Pendulum Swordum Leviosa in Pendulum Rising's artwork. And he is good, he doesn't even need a wand.

A knight that has obtained a new power from the God Pendulum. Awaken and release your power!

And judging by the artwork, he is getting powers from a god.

Pendulum
21st November 2015, 04:51 PM
A knight that has obtained a new power from the God Pendulum. Awaken and release your power!

I'm Pendulum. Now take your conclusions.

And judging by the artwork, he is getting powers from a god.

Because of the levitating sword and those floodlights? Naaaah.

- - - Updated - - -

I should stop with this nonsense before someone warns me.

Mofiz
21st November 2015, 04:56 PM
I'm Pendulum. Now take your conclusions.

Because of the levitating sword and those floodlights? Naaaah.

- - - Updated - - -

I should stop with this nonsense before someone warns me.

Aslong as you don't call someone a retard, you won't get warned.

ScionStorm
21st November 2015, 07:10 PM
Mutant Mind Master getting printed before Psychic-Type was introduced. Can't they just retcon the evil Professor X already?

Eternalight
28th November 2015, 02:37 PM
Mother Grizzly -> Beast-Warrior
More like a Beast to me.

Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #2 -> Winged-Beast
Japanese name: Wyvern.
Still Dragon is more appropriate IMO.

From newer cards:
EnLIGHTenment Paladin -> DARK

ScionStorm
28th November 2015, 05:57 PM
Reshef the Dark Being.

DelCtrl
28th November 2015, 07:10 PM
Reshef the Dark Being.

Don't get me started with Reshef. It's like a dialog from Kingdom Hearts:

Ansem: "Reshef! Fill me with the power of darkness!"
Sora: "You're wrong! I know now, without any doubt. Reshef the Dark Being... is LIGHT!"

Volteccer
28th November 2015, 08:12 PM
Has anyone brought up Dark Witch the light fairy yet?

Sanokal
28th November 2015, 08:22 PM
Don't get me started with Reshef. It's like a dialog from Kingdom Hearts:

Ansem: "Reshef! Fill me with the power of darkness!"
Sora: "You're wrong! I know now, without any doubt. Reshef the Dark Being... is LIGHT!"

Considering that it's powered by the Egyptian Gods, one could make a case for it being LIGHT.

Baroque
28th November 2015, 08:23 PM
Has anyone brought up Dark Witch the light fairy yet?

To be fair, Dark Witch's supposed to be a Valkyrie, so at least by that name the type/attribute make sense.

We have the trip to America to thank for it starting to make no sense.

Butter
29th November 2015, 08:34 PM
All the maindeck Shaddolls should have been the obvious type.

ScionStorm
29th November 2015, 08:41 PM
To be fair, Dark Witch's supposed to be a Valkyrie, so at least by that name the type/attribute make sense.

We have the trip to America to thank for it starting to make no sense.

And they continued with Dunames Dark Witch.

Butter
29th November 2015, 09:54 PM
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Sanokal
29th November 2015, 10:11 PM
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Sea Serpent is "Sea Dragon" in the OCG I believe.

SynjoDeonecros
29th November 2015, 10:16 PM
Hayabusa Knight should be Beast-Warrior or Winged Beast, not Warrior.

Also, Garoozis, Rude Kaiser, and the original Dragoons of Draconia should be Dino or Reptile, not Beast-Warrior (even though I like the idea of Drag of Drac being searchable by Tenki).

Sanokal
30th November 2015, 08:25 PM
Hayabusa Knight should be Beast-Warrior or Winged Beast, not Warrior.

Also, Garoozis, Rude Kaiser, and the original Dragoons of Draconia should be Dino or Reptile, not Beast-Warrior (even though I like the idea of Drag of Drac being searchable by Tenki).

To be fair, they ARE both beasts and warriors. Hayabusa Knight is not excuseable though.

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 08:39 PM
Black Rose Dragon should be DARK. Even her flames are black.
Red Dragon Archfiend and his evolutions should be FIRE.
Black Luster Soldier should be either DARK or LIGHT, but not EARTH.
Alligator's Sword should be a Beast-Warrior.
Utopia Ray V should be DARK.
Odd-Eyes (Pendulum) Dragon could work as a FIRE or EARTH Dinosaur-Type. But since he's a creature with a breath weapon, dragon is fine. But he's more like a dinosaur. But with all the elemental evolutions... Well, Odd-Eyes Gravity is black, that could be DARK.
Thunder Dragon and Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon could be Dragon-Types.
Nightmare Penguin should be WIND (I'm kidding.)
While I like Junk Synchron being a Warrior-Type, he looks more like a Machine-Type.
The Wicked Gods, the Sacred Beasts, the Earthbound Immortals, the Aesirs and the Timelords should all be DIVINE Divine-Beasts.

ScionStorm
30th November 2015, 09:25 PM
The Sacred Beasts and EBImmortals should not be Divine. Especially the sacred Beasts. They were powerful. But the were still just Posers.

Baroque
30th November 2015, 09:54 PM
Black Rose Dragon should be DARK. Even her flames are black.
Perhaps, but she does have flames, so there's that at least.

Black Luster Soldier should be either DARK or LIGHT, but not EARTH.
The original Black Luster Soldier was kind of an upgrade to Gaia the Fierce Knight, another EARTH monster, so his oddball attribute makes some sense at least.

Odd-Eyes (Pendulum) Dragon could work as a FIRE or EARTH Dinosaur-Type. But since he's a creature with a breath weapon, dragon is fine. But he's more like a dinosaur. But with all the elemental evolutions... Well, Odd-Eyes Gravity is black, that could be DARK.
I dunno, I'd say that Odd-Eyes's attribute is good as it is; there's nothing that really stands against his being DARK, as far as I can see, and in regards to Gravity, well, Gravity may be dark-hued but he also looks decidedly craggy, y'know?

The Wicked Gods, the Sacred Beasts, the Earthbound Immortals, the Aesirs and the Timelords should all be DIVINE Divine-Beasts.
I'm with ScionStorm on this -- the Sacred Beasts and Earthbound Immortals are fine being neither DIVINE nor Divine-Beast, ESPECIALLY with how the Earthbound Immortals were never DIVINE/Divine-Beast to begin with. I suppose one could make a case for the Sacred Beasts possibly benefiting from their original typing/attributes, but by the same token at least one of them benefits from being its current type (Raviel; if he wasn't Fiend-type, he'd clash with a Fiend-type deck's support -- however sparse that might be).

That the Aesirs weren't DIVINE/Divine-Beast was a mild letdown, though, I'll freely admit.

Eva
1st December 2015, 04:48 AM

Kuraz and Delg

Baroque
1st December 2015, 06:37 AM
Kuraz and Delg

I feel considerably thick for not drawing that connection sooner, personally.
Given how much I made use of Kuraz back when he first came out, I should have noticed that.

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 09:43 AM
Kuraz and Delg

Makes sense.
But artwork-wise, they still seem to be a Fiend for Eidos and a Fairy for Idea, just that.

SynjoDeonecros
4th December 2015, 02:51 AM
Not precisely the same, but if they do Dinon and Cxulub Effect Pendulums, they really should've made them Gemini Pendulums, so they don't just not conflict with the Draconians, but actually support them.

SynjoDeonecros
19th May 2016, 02:09 AM
As much as it was cool that they gave us a Beast-Warrior ROTA, the Fire Fists should've been plain Warriors, not Beast-Warriors. I'm sorry, but animalistic "stands" behind very human warriors does not a Beast-Warrior make...

Sanokal
19th May 2016, 03:30 AM
As much as it was cool that they gave us a Beast-Warrior ROTA, the Fire Fists should've been plain Warriors, not Beast-Warriors. I'm sorry, but animalistic "stands" behind very human warriors does not a Beast-Warrior make...

Maybe if they'd appeared in the anime and became enveloped in the flame auras when they attack...

SynjoDeonecros
20th May 2016, 01:42 AM
Eh, still just humans with animal auras around them. Not anthro enough for me.