PDA

View Full Version : Card Discussion: Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer

Aromaiden
20th November 2015, 01:46 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/9/94/IgnisterProminencetheBlastingDracoslayer-CORE-EN-UR-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20150804082102

Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
Fire/Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2850 ATK/0000 DEF
Level 8
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Pendulum Monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster on the field or 1 card in the Pendulum Zone; destroy it, and if you do, shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Dracoslayer" monster from your Deck in Defense Position, but it cannot be used as a Synchro Material for a Summon.
Without a doubt one of the best Synchros in the game. Versatile and powerful and will only become better as new pendulums are released. Thoughts on this guy.

Hope in the Interstice
20th November 2015, 01:49 AM
Not to mention he looks extremely badass. I want his sword and shield.

Aromaiden
20th November 2015, 01:53 AM
Not to mention he looks extremely badass. I want his sword and shield.
That's a nice bonus too.

Dread Kaiser
20th November 2015, 02:01 AM
nonexistent "Cost"
THE Perfect point removal
Big
Awesome to look at

downside? indirectly promotes more R4NK

Still awesome though

Hope in the Interstice
20th November 2015, 02:12 AM
downside? indirectly promotes more R4NK
I have a few arguments with this but they're all knocked down by the "indirectly", and that word is very true here. Although Luster Pendulum can't be used for any non-Dracoslayers, the rest of the deck doesn't care for such rules.

For the record, Deskbots 001 and 007 can make this easily.

Jolan
20th November 2015, 08:30 AM
TBH alongside Horus, he's one of the more balanced Pendulum boss cards. He's basically the Castel of Pendulum decks.
My only issue is that he would be quite abusive with pendulum tuners, since that means you can run this guy 3x easily, given how easy it would be to just refresh your field and get out another copy if he's popped.

Getting out a Dracoslayer wasn't a huge issue either but then we also got a Dracoslayer XYZ and soon, a Dracoslayer contact Fusion. It becomes a bit far too easy to just plus off of these, given how easily they interact with each other.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 09:36 AM
Its first effect is ridicoulsy strong. It allows you to target a Pendulum card your opponent controls, destroy it, and then send one card from the field (from your opponent's field, preferably) to the deck, without targeting it. What could be better than this? An immediate advantage of +2. Besides, you don't really lose advantage summoning it, because it uses Pendulums. Next turn, they're back.
If your opponent happens to not have Pendulums for you to target, and you don't want to get rid of your own, just use its second effect first. Directly call fodder from your deck to fuel the first effect requirements.
In the end, you can easily achieve +3 with this alone.
Awesome artwork, though.

Mofiz
20th November 2015, 10:00 PM
Broken. Really. Not just overpowered, it IS broken.
The fact that every Clown Deck runs this (besides having Luster) should be proof enough.
Its cost is non existent. It actually plusses twice per turn. Summon from Deck, and remove an opposing card, without targeting nor destroying it. That's ridiculously overpowered for such a bullshit cost. There is literally nothing it can't get rid off except for overall immunity and you don't even know what it will remove so you have to either chain everything you have or hope he doesnt remove something critical. It can trigger effects like Flame Mascot and Ariadne before Pendulum Summoning it back. The fact that this card is downright a pendulum support, the most broken mechanic right now, doesn't make this any better.

It's comparable to Trishula which is a very OP card. Banned for a long time for a reason. But now that Synchros don't matter, it's less threatening. This card further supports the most overpowered Deck we've ever seen. Also it's stronger and easier to summon.

Unfortunitely this card is the last thing that is going to get hit because it isn't as overpowered as other cards and doesn't disturb plays as much. Simply being overpowered as fuck seems to be no reason to get banned anymore.
Looks nice but I hate that thing, and I love any Synchro Support.

Pendulum
20th November 2015, 10:02 PM
for such a bullshit cost.

What cost? Targeting and destroying an opponent's card? Destroying one floating card of their own team?
That's not a cost. This is +3 every turn, if played right.

Jakinus
20th November 2015, 11:01 PM
A great card, he supports and counters pendulums and it's more splashable than I thought. Painful Decision, Vector Pendulum and Masked Chameleon (that's searchable with King of the Feral Imps) is all you need.

SynjoDeonecros
20th November 2015, 11:23 PM
I wish its Tuner Dracoslayer didn't raise so much in price, should've gotten it when it was sub-$10.