PDA

View Full Version : Help with my gem-knights??

Stardust Fire
21st November 2015, 12:30 AM
Ok I feel like gem-knights have some serious potential this format and I want to try and make a pure build with them. So please give me your opinions on this decklist and I absolutely refuse to use the clown engine and anything that uses too much rank 4 because I loathe the fact that rank 4 spam is a thing... thank you :)http://i.imgur.com/jSkhFcW.png

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 12:55 AM
Image doesn't seem to work

Stardust Fire
21st November 2015, 01:11 AM
Ah ok how about this? http://i.imgur.com/jSkhFcW.png

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 01:12 AM
Ah ok how about this? http://i.imgur.com/jSkhFcW.png (http://http://i.imgur.com/jSkhFcW.png)

Annnnnd no. you could write out the decklist

Stardust Fire
21st November 2015, 01:22 AM
AH ok sorry im a total tech noob! lmao
Gem-Knights

Monsters:
X2 Gem knight garnet
X2 Gem knight tourmaline
X1 gem knight lapis
X3 Gem knight obsidion
X1 Gem knight iolite
X1 Gem knight amber
X3 Gem knight lazuli
X2 Gem armadilo
X1 Gem turtle
X1 Denko Sekka
X1 Rescue Rabbit

Spells:
X3 gem knight fusion
X3 Absorb Fusion
X3 Brilliant Fusion
X2 MST
X1 Raigeki
X1 Dark Hole

Traps:
X3 Rekless greed
X1 Vanitys emptyness
X1 Mirror force
X1 Breakthrogh skill
X1 torrential tribute
X1 solem warning
X1 bottomless trap hole

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 01:39 AM
Extra Deck?

Sanokal
21st November 2015, 03:39 AM
You can probably cut Garnet and Tourmaline down to one each since I assume that you're using them to access their Fusions. Brilliant Fusion+Lazuli/Obsidian or Absorb Fusion searches them fairly effectively.

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 03:42 AM
You can probably cut Garnet and Tourmaline down to one each since I assume that you're using them to access their Fusions. Brilliant Fusion+Lazuli/Obsidian or Absorb Fusion searches them fairly effectively.

If he does that, Rescue Rabbit can't fetch them

I'd cut Gem-knight Fusion to 2
you only need 1 of them around so once you draw/search it, the others are cards that could have been fusion material

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 03:55 AM
If he does that, Rescue Rabbit can't fetch them

I'd cut Gem-knight Fusion to 2
you only need 1 of them around so once you draw/search it, the others are cards that could have been fusion material
Don't you need that Fusion Spell as soon as possible?

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 04:02 AM
Don't you need that Fusion Spell as soon as possible?
Normally, yes, but it can also be searched and the other Fusion spells can tide you over til then. I'd rather not have them clogged

then again I also use the Fusion traps, so thats not hard for me...
up to him, but I HATE drawing fusions when I need literally any monster in the deck

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 04:03 AM
Normally, yes, but it can also be searched and the other Fusion spells can tide you over til then. I'd rather not have them clogged

then again I also use the Fusion traps, so thats not hard for me...
I've never seen anyone use the Fusion traps. Everyone I see is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with Brilliant Fusion and Gem-Knight Fusion.

Dread Kaiser
21st November 2015, 04:14 AM
I've never seen anyone use the Fusion traps. Everyone I see is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with Brilliant Fusion and Gem-Knight Fusion.

My Gem-knight deck kinda predates Brilliant and I don't "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", I used the fusion traps for sacrifice escape and battlephase summons, keeping quick effects to recover mats as need be

Glad no one uses them, because no one sees them coming.

Never die
21st November 2015, 04:35 AM
Gem-knight fusion is needed at 3 no matter what,as for the fusion traps it depens on which ones you are running,for example fragment fusion is pretty good as end phase amethyst is awesome,fragment fusion not so much.Now when buidling gem knights,you got to decide whatever you want to build the gemini or the normal version.The normal version is dead tcg wise due to 1 rabbit and no lavalval chain,although even at full power the normal version can brick a little due to the many normal monsters and rabbits that you need to run in the said deck(even more so if you want to run volcanic shell).The gemini variant is more consistent as it tends to brick less and are more resilient(gemini spark or heck even supervice)although at full power the normal variant's bricking issues are alleviated more than enough with their power plays.Same goes for whatever you want to run volcanic shell as it provides more power plays in exchange of some bricking issues.

Hope in the Interstice
21st November 2015, 05:40 AM
fragment fusion is pretty good as end phase amethyst is awesome,fragment fusion not so much.
http://i.imgur.com/cAdH4l0.png

Stardust Fire
21st November 2015, 05:44 AM
OMG sorry I totally forgot!

Extra:
X1 Gem knight Master Diamond
X2 Gem knight Lady brilliant diamond
X2 Gem knight Prisum Aura
X2 Gem knight zerconia
X1 Gem knight citrine
X1 Gem knight ruby
X1 Gem knight amethyst
X1 Gem knight topaz
X1 Gem knight seraphinite
X1 Gem knight lady lapislazuli
X1 Castel
X1 Dark rebellion XYZ dragon

Lmao sorry

Stardust Fire
21st November 2015, 05:51 AM
Gem-knight fusion is needed at 3 no matter what,as for the fusion traps it depens on which ones you are running,for example fragment fusion is pretty good as end phase amethyst is awesome,fragment fusion not so much.Now when buidling gem knights,you got to decide whatever you want to build the gemini or the normal version.The normal version is dead tcg wise due to 1 rabbit and no lavalval chain,although even at full power the normal version can brick a little due to the many normal monsters and rabbits that you need to run in the said deck(even more so if you want to run volcanic shell).The gemini variant is more consistent as it tends to brick less and are more resilient(gemini spark or heck even supervice)although at full power the normal variant's bricking issues are alleviated more than enough with their power plays.Same goes for whatever you want to run volcanic shell as it provides more power plays in exchange of some bricking issues.

I agree but if i do get the rabbit off I can normally finish off my opponent pretty easily And if i were to draw something like Gemini spark then I feel like it has the potential to be a dead draw but idk i will probably try it out.

Never die
21st November 2015, 04:27 PM
So that means you play tcg?Since rabbit is at 1 there,you hinder more your deck than you improve it since you make it way more likely to brick for 1 limited play.Gemini spark is almost never a dead draw since its so easy to search your gemini gem knights either by armadilo or by brilliant/absorb fusion(brilliant fusion by dumping them along with lazuli)you have more ways to search your gem knights than for your gem knight fusion so it works pretty well.Also i see you ran reckless greed which makes it more likely to draw your normal gem knights so rabbit is even more less effective.Gem turtle is slow so get rid of it,it is outdated as it is pointless after absord fusion was released.Also crystal rose is needed for the deck,gem knights now can eat backrow thanks to the recovery boost they got from crystal rose but if you still want to run backrow hate then decide whatever you want to run the gemini variant or not since it can deal with backrows on its own.Also sorry Hope but your pic won't be displayed:).