29th November 2015, 11:01 AM
So....I can't possibly be the only one who is hyped as fuck

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 11:03 AM
So....I can't possibly be the only one who is hyped as fuck

You aren't the only one.

Indytotof
29th November 2015, 11:14 AM
Can I join the Crystal Wing hype train ?

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 11:17 AM
Can I join the Crystal Wing hype train ?

Watch out with getting in, because the hype train has no fucking brakes! Watch Crystal Wing being the cover of SHIV.

Pendulum
29th November 2015, 11:53 AM
Where's the SR Level 2 Tuner, though?

Indytotof
29th November 2015, 12:00 PM
Where's the SR Level 2 Tuner, though?

Crystal Wing is apparently a LV 8 Synchro monster.

Probably 1 Tuner monster + 1 Dragon-Type non-Tuner Synchro monster requierement.

Pendulum
29th November 2015, 12:02 PM
Crystal Wing is apparently a LV 8 Synchro monster.

Probably 1 Tuner monster + 1 Dragon-Type non-Tuner Synchro monster requierement.

Yeah, that's not what I meant.
A Level 2 SR Tuner would be welcoming.

Pendulum
29th November 2015, 12:02 PM
EDIT: Double posting, don't know why.

Mofiz
29th November 2015, 12:40 PM
So obvious thoughts
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Level 8 Dragon-type (Pendulum) Synchro Monster
3000 ATK/2500 DEF
1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster/ 1 WIND Synchro Monster/ 1 WIND Dragon-type Synchro Monster + 1 Tuner Monster
Seeing how Odd-Eyes Rebellion has a completely different effect, I guess this one will be pretty diverse too

- - - Updated - - -

So obvious thoughts
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Level 8 Dragon-type (Pendulum) Synchro Monster
3000 ATK/2500 DEF
1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster/ 1 WIND Synchro Monster/ 1 WIND Dragon-type Synchro Monster + 1 Tuner Monster
Seeing how Odd-Eyes Rebellion has a completely different effect, I guess this one will be pretty diverse too

Pendulum
29th November 2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah a Pendulum Synchro, come on!
What kind of effect could it be? Mass removal? Nah, that's OE Rebellions thing. So what are you expecting?

I see double posting isn't happening only to me.

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 12:51 PM
Expect it to be a normal Synchro since it has the same pattern as Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes, but for Yugo.

Pendulum
29th November 2015, 02:01 PM
Expect it to be a normal Synchro since it has the same pattern as Beast-Eyes and Rune-Eyes, but for Yugo.

I haven't seen the episode (and the preview of the following one) yet.
An evolution of Clear Wing will probably be a pure Synchro, yes. Maybe requiring a Dragon Synchro as a material.

But man, I so want a Pendulum Synchro.
I'm expecting a Pendulum Synchro when Yugo and Yuya combine their powers.

Mofiz
29th November 2015, 03:27 PM

Only that this is completely different from Rune and Beast Eyes. Yuya summoned those using some random summoning mechanic with another random summoning method, like Enlightment Paladin. This is a Synchro Upgrade to an already Synchro Monster with Yuya and Yuugo acting as one body.

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 03:33 PM
Only that this is completely different from Rune and Beast Eyes. Yuya summoned those using some random summoning mechanic with another random summoning method, like Enlightment Paladin. This is a Synchro Upgrade to an already Synchro Monster with Yuya and Yuugo acting as one body.

But is still Yugo updating his Synchro Monster with his own Summon method without any interference from other method, there aren't any Pendulums involved like with Rebellion Dragon, unless Yuya makes Yugo asspull some Speedroids or Magician Pendulums next episode (But we know Lightning has that Zexal esque effect for one reason: Reviving Red-Eyed Dice).

Mofiz
29th November 2015, 03:42 PM
But is still Yugo updating his Synchro Monster with his own Summon method without any interference from other method, there aren't any Pendulums involved like with Rebellion Dragon, unless Yuya makes Yugo asspull some Speedroids or Magician Pendulums next episode (But we know Lightning has that Zexal esque effect for one reason: Reviving Red-Eyed Dice).

How is that similar to Yuyas case with his Fusions? Yuyas summoning was Pendulum, Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes were something completely different. Yuugo is Synchroing his Synchro, like Yuya Xyzed his Xyz. Both in th same body but this time they don't use the same Deck because Yuugo isn't dead and probably won't die either. It's the closest they can do and maybe reuse it later when they tag together. I'm not saying it will be but it's COMPLETELY different from Rune-Eyes and Beast Eyes.

Mystic TimeKeeper
29th November 2015, 03:46 PM
I would be so hyped for Crystal Wing if today's episode didn't brutally murder every last hope I had for Serena to be a relevant character...

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 03:49 PM
I would be so hyped for Crystal Wing if today's episode didn't brutally murder every last hope I had for Serena to be a relevant character...

Exactly what murdered it? Besides Serena being so mind closed to Strategy and reject Joey's Style?

Mystic TimeKeeper
29th November 2015, 03:53 PM
Exactly what murdered it? Besides Serena being so mind closed to Strategy and reject Joey's Style?

Handicap duel.

Getting aid in a duel automatically brings you down to Fodder Level for the rest of your career. It's a stigma you can't get rid of easily, as far as I know only Manjoume managed to pull the feat.

In other words, Damn You Roger!

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 03:56 PM
Handicap duel.

Getting aid in a duel automatically brings you down to Fodder Level for the rest of your career. It's a stigma you can't get rid of easily, as far as I know only Manjoume managed to pull the feat.

In other words, Damn You Roger!

That was nothing compared to Yuma vs Ponta, that was fucking cheating and 1000 times worse than Roger wanting to kill Yugo (It didn't alter his cards, just external influence). It is noticable that in this episode, it was made clear that the Duelist can deactivate the Autopilot at will, so they can literally leave the place at mid duel if they wanted .

Mystic TimeKeeper
29th November 2015, 03:59 PM
That was nothing compared to Yuma vs Ponta, that was fucking cheating and 1000 times worse than Roger wanting to kill Yugo (It didn't alter his cards, just external influence). It is noticable that in this episode, it was made clear that the Duelist can deactivate the Autopilot at will, so they can literally leave the place at mid duel if they wanted .

May be true but still doesn't help Serena in the slightest.

2 On-Screen duels, In the first her opponent held back, in the second she's getting outside help MEANING she will 100% lose, god damn it what does this series have against Serena?

LolsterXD97
29th November 2015, 04:00 PM

2 On-Screen duels, In the first her opponent held back, in the second she's getting outside help MEANING she will 100% lose, god damn it what does this series have against Serena?

Besides wanting her to be hyped as fuck just to plainly fall in the hands of something "inferior" to her (Because Fusion Master Race), I don't know. You have to admit its amazing they are actually hyping the girls in this series, compared to the others like 5ds where Aki went downhill after DS Arc.

Dread Kaiser
29th November 2015, 04:25 PM

BONUS POINTS

its happening to the person who wanted to prove themselves capable and hates being made light of

King
29th November 2015, 05:19 PM
Yuya's using the abilities of other Yus might be something related to the summoning method both of his counterparts use an example is Yuto who stays in Yuya's Counsciousness just like an overlay unit and Yugo which Sync with him acting like 1 person just like synchro summoning if this is true i hope Yuya merge with Yuri to make "Yura"

Zarkiel
30th November 2015, 01:51 AM
I'm willing to bet it will just need a dragon type monster to synchro summon so it can be summoned with odd eyes. but then again, its starting to get harder to predict what will happen in the future.

Brightshine Stardust
30th November 2015, 02:48 AM
I find it interesting that Serena is about to be defeated by Yugo AND Yuya at the same time :p

Yes, I know Yuya is just synchronizing with Yugo, but that makes him practically dueling Serena alongside Yugo.

Dyson Sphere
30th November 2015, 03:37 AM
I find it interesting that Serena is about to be defeated by Yugo AND Yuya at the same time :p

Yes, I know Yuya is just synchronizing with Yugo, but that makes him practically dueling Serena alongside Yugo.

nah serenas gonna win and then yugo uses his clearwing to defeat every duelist in underground and move back up

ChaseLumsden
30th November 2015, 04:48 AM
Hype? What's that?

So, want "spoilers"?
It's gonna be a damn Synchro Pendulum. This is the one we were teased many times, and here it is. I'm not only calling it here, but here is actual proof that it'll be a Synchro Pendulum:
-Yuya/Yugo Synchronize, but we know that from the trailer and from the latest episode. We know this by how Yuya AND Yugo are both saying this summon chant. The last time a similar event occurred was when Yuya Summoned Rebellion Dragon for the first time. He couldn't control the Berserk Sate after "Overlaying" with Yuto and going batshit nuts, and come a few episodes later, after fighting the power of the Dark Rebellion and Yuto, he succumbs back into the state and Summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. So, how am I knowing that this is the Synchro Pendulum? Again, hence the word "Synchronize". The first time this occurred was with Shingo's fight, and Yuya couldn't control it, and come few episodes later, here we go again.
-The Yu Bros. For some reason, I just found this out. So, remember how Yuto and Yuya fused souls? They grew a darkness? Well, What if I said that this was an Xyz Summon of sorts, similar to that of how two monsters become one? Well, seeing how Yuya and Yugo are in Sync, to the point that the two act as one, I think I finally found the shenanigans to how they work. It's complicated, and not to mention more spoiler heavy than I thought, but let's just say that this is called a super important plot point. I have a feeling that Yuri and Yuya will do something absolutely nuts later down the line with the Fusion Pendulum if this is indeed true.
-Odd-Eyes Plot Driving Dragon is back. Once again Odd-Eyes stole the show. Literally. Every time a Dragon and Odd-Eyes are involved, one of two things happen: Yuya becomes absorbed in the power of the Yuri/go/to for the first time, to the point he can't control his body (Sync'd, Berserk, or whatever happens next), and then plot involving Yuzu/Rin/Selena/Ruri. Yuzu? After she jumped dimensions, Yuya went insane and Beat up Obelisk Force effortlessly. Selena? Yugo's Dueling her. And hearing previous episodes, Barrett and Yuri are coming. ...I don't need to go too far with this. Overall, Odd-Eyes is acting like the hero again, and because of his influences and how many damsels are in distress that deal with Yuya and co., it just means that a new monster is coming, and we're all gonna go on the Mega Rayquaza Hype Rocket..again.
Last, Cover card.
There's no doubt Crystal Wing is gonna be a cover card, hence the title of the set. Shining Victories? Yugo is gonna win the Duel with Crystal Wing, and the monster's pre-evolved form is already glimmering at times, then add the power of the Pendulum (hence the Crystal part of the name), and we have a beautiful new Card.

Icematoro
30th November 2015, 05:17 AM
Can't you just use the spoiler tag?...

Dread Kaiser
30th November 2015, 06:02 AM
Hype? What's that?

So, want "spoilers"?

Stopped at the bit where you said "Actual Proof" of something that won't happen for another week

Why is ANYONE assuming it will be a Pendulum-Synchro
Using Rebellions summoning as a template, it would involve Odd-eyes, and a pair of Magicians pendulum effects to make it possible.

the problem?
the Preview confirmed that the tuner being used is Red-eyed dice (IE, NOT a pendulum monster). Even if the real card won't require it, we all know anime logic will require a Pendulum used each time, if not Odd-eyes itself. looking at this episode already setup the card that will put Red-eyed dice on the board, it isn't a pendulum either.

Or do you expect Odd-eyes to teleport over to Yugo and transform a couple of speedroids into Pendulums (without the pendant being anywhere nearby). Yuto Phisically handing over Dark Rebellion makes me think thats unlikely. Especially since its been shown that those Dragons really don't like each other

FURTHER, the Odd-eyes Clearwing would be Level 7 to match with the existing scales, Crystal wing is Lv8 by default.

Dyson Sphere
30th November 2015, 06:19 AM
Stopped at the bit where you said "Actual Proof" of something that won't happen for another week

Why is ANYONE assuming it will be a Pendulum-Synchro
Using Rebellions summoning as a template, it would involve Odd-eyes, and a pair of Magicians pendulum effects to make it possible.

the problem?
the Preview confirmed that the tuner being used is Red-eyed dice (IE, NOT a pendulum monster). Even if the real card won't require it, we all know anime logic will require a Pendulum used each time, if not Odd-eyes itself. looking at this episode already setup the card that will put Red-eyed dice on the board, it isn't a pendulum either.

Or do you expect Odd-eyes to teleport over to Yugo and transform a couple of speedroids into Pendulums (without the pendant being anywhere nearby). Yuto Phisically handing over Dark Rebellion makes me think thats unlikely. Especially since its been shown that those Dragons really don't like each other

FURTHER, the Odd-eyes Clearwing would be Level 7 to match with the existing scales, Crystal wing is Lv8 by default.

inb4 some spell that makes a level 0 tuner which is already possible in real life with accel but i agree that its not gonna be a synchro pendulum and just a synchro upgrade of clearwing

Dread Kaiser
30th November 2015, 06:39 AM
inb4 some spell that makes a level 0 tuner which is already possible in real life with accel but i agree that its not gonna be a synchro pendulum and just a synchro upgrade of clearwing
Rank/Level 0 is not possible, under any conditions
anything that would drop to level 0 defaults to level 1. Try putting a LV1 WATER on field with A Legendary Ocean.

Hell Accel Synchron has a specific ruling on that

If you send "Quickdraw Synchron (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quickdraw_Synchron)" to the Graveyard, this card's Level is reduced by 5. In this case, this card's Level becomes 1. Also, after this effect is applied, if "Star Changer (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Changer)" increases this card's Level by 1, its Level is recalculated. From its original Level 5, its Level is reduced by 5 using its own effect, then its Level is increased by 1 using the effect of "Star Changer (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Changer)". Therefore, this card's Level becomes 1 (5 - 5 + 1).[2] (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings%3AAccel_Synchron#cite_note-1)

/Enlightenment

Brightshine Stardust
30th November 2015, 03:36 PM
Also, all the Level/Rank 0 monsters that exist so far, are always treated as a Level/Rank 1 or 12 by their own Condition.

SkullBuster
30th November 2015, 04:05 PM
Too lazy to backread everything, but this is still Yugo's card right? It would be pointless to compate it to Odd-Eyes Rebellion just yet. You can expect an Odd-Eyes Synchro/Pendulum when Yuya ingests Yugo (if that will ever happen, because parallelism in parallel dimensions is kewl).

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 04:20 PM
So no Shooting Star for Clear Wing, instead it gets its own Majestic Star/RuneBeast. (I know Majestic Star requires 3 monsters, but I guess you know what I mean.)

Serena loses because of plot armor. Crow's victory over Gongenzaka and Kurosaki was kind of plot armor. I mean we knew that the plot needs him more than Gongenzaka and Kurosaki, so Crow's defeating them was more or less obvious, especially against Gongenzaka. Yuya winning every duel is both plot armor and predictable. Yugo and Sergey also won because of plot. Although, Sawatari losing to Yugo wasn't only plot, it was that obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against predictability. As long as the duels are handled nice and something other unexpected things are happening, it's okay for me.

What bugs me is Roger using cheats to ensure Serena's victory over Yugo. It makes Serena look worse, and if she finds that out, I hope she kicks him in his nose. I really want to see Yugo/Yuya to win this duel so bad because of the cheating. But I doubt that Serena will go to Facility, since she's plays a part in Roger's plan.

Problem is how the semi-finals will be. There are too many potential opponents for Yuya. Crow because of the damn Shinji (Ikari boy), Sergey because of Yuzu. Yugo would be too early, and if Crow would lose to Sergey that would be stupid. Yugo vs Sergey does make sense, but I also want Yuya to "Hanki no Gekirin Strike Disobey" him. But Yugo vs Crow doesn't make much sense for the plot, and that does not resolve anything between Yuya and Crow. So, the plot seems to be like this. Yuya vs Crow, and Yugo vs Sergey. Since Yuya also plays a part in Roger's plan, he might not duel Sergey in the semi-finals. And since Yugo will foil Roger's plan in the next episode, using Sergey to crush him in the next round would be the most logical conclusion. Also, since Crow is Shinji's friend, Roger would benefit from his defeat. But please, no damn cheating.

Mystic TimeKeeper
30th November 2015, 05:08 PM
We do actually know that the next duel will be Yuya VS Crow Hogan since Roger straight up said it so that's something less to worry about

Mofiz
30th November 2015, 05:44 PM
We do actually know that the next duel will be Yuya VS Crow Hogan since Roger straight up said it so that's something less to worry about

Its obvious
Yuya vs Crow to clear things
Yugo vs sergey to revenge yuzu
Yugo vs yuya to... Whatever
Yuya vs Jack

Mystic TimeKeeper
30th November 2015, 05:59 PM
Its obvious
Yuya vs Crow to clear things
Yugo vs sergey to revenge yuzu
Yugo vs yuya to... Whatever
Yuya vs Jack

May be true, but Obvious and Confirmed are still a far cry from each other, besides, if they want to e things up we may get the final VS Sergey.

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 07:32 PM
May be true, but Obvious and Confirmed are still a far cry from each other, besides, if they want to e things up we may get the final VS Sergey.

But Sergey defeating either Crow or Yugo would be BS.

Volteccer
30th November 2015, 07:49 PM
But Sergey defeating either Crow or Yugo would be BS.

Maybe, but if bad things would happren if Yuya and Yugo dueled, the plot may conspire to keep that from happening.
So, I say Yuya beats Crow, Yugo loses to Sergei (an action card may soften the blow), Yuya beats Sergei, then had his rematch with Jack.

KingKaash
30th November 2015, 11:52 PM
I just want Yugo vs Yuya Finals. That is all.

ChaseLumsden
1st December 2015, 05:41 AM
..Bleh, this is why I don't often think of cool theories and stuff, well, at least whenever I think they're cool and all. Eh, I don't really care anyway.

At least I got some feedback to let me know they're wrong, well, at least for now, if Konami decided to actually go through and do this shit like I thought.
Emphasis on if, seeing things like Rebellion exists and all.

I guess it makes sense too, I mean, Crystal Wing is being made with a generic Tuner, it's LV 8, and it's more of a Yugo Evolution as opposed to anything, but the thought is all that matters.

Well, if you excuse me, I'm gonna go and sit in my corner as usual, drawing and whatnot.
And crossing my fingers that Crystal Wing is some convoluted shitstorm.

*Walks out of room like he committed a crime worth being put to death over*

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 05:53 AM
Get back here you wanted fugitive

Jolan
1st December 2015, 09:24 AM
This is a Crystal Wing discussion but can we talk about Speedroid.dek as well?
I'm wondering how/if I'll even be able to tech this guy in once he's released.
Puzzle, regardless of its effect, I'll probably use as a level 4 alternative to Hastorr.
But Crystal Wing? It's a level 8. I can't level 8 synchro with just 2 cards. And if I'm using 3 cards to synchro, going into Trishula/Myst Wurm is a better bang for your buck.
Unless I'm supposed to Synchro Ladder into Clear Wing and then recover Red-Eyed Dice somehow to continue into Crystal Wing, but that seems like an even bigger waste of resources if I can generally just make another Synchro off of that Recovery card I'd have to use.
So how playable do you think it would be in Yugo.dek, as compared to any other Synchro deck?

Volteccer
1st December 2015, 03:13 PM
Puzzle, regardless of its effect, I'll probably use as a level 4 alternative to Hastorr.
But Crystal Wing? It's a level 8. I can't level 8 synchro with just 2 cards. And if I'm using 3 cards to synchro, going into Trishula/Myst Wurm is a better bang for your buck.
Unless I'm supposed to Synchro Ladder into Clear Wing and then recover Red-Eyed Dice somehow to continue into Crystal Wing, but that seems like an even bigger waste of resources if I can generally just make another Synchro off of that Recovery card I'd have to use.
So how playable do you think it would be in Yugo.dek, as compared to any other Synchro deck?

I think it will probably require Clear Wing as a material. It would probably work as well there as in any other synchro deck with level 1 tuners, but the question is whether it will be worth it to summon anywhere.

KingJinzo
1st December 2015, 03:34 PM

It's actually an episode 84 discussion, not just Crystal Wing.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 05:32 AM

Like others mentioned already, it's probably gonna follow Majestic Star and Shooting Star Dragon meaning it will be a continuation off of Clear Wing. So I'm sure Clear Wing will be part of the requirements just like Stardust was for it's evolutions.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 09:18 AM
I hate myself sometimes. All I had to do was NOT search "Crystal Wing" on the wiki and I would have preserved the spoiler.

Onto the review. I knew from the preview that this episode was going to be filled with hilarity, and Yugo and Selena delivered. It was a joy to watch. They debuted some decent monsters that will hopefully see buffs when we get to the OCG, especially that Lightening Archduke. Fun Fact: Puzzle is probably another Yusei nod, to Speed Warrior of all things. Of course, the preview for the next episode delivers the juiciest titbits. We also got to see some development and elaboration in both Yugo and Selena that I really appreciated; the Technician vs. Performer was a very nice contrast, and it highlights some of Yugo and Yuya's similarities.

And now I'm really starting to wonder what will happen with Yugo. It doesn't seem like he'll end up being absorbed by Yuya like Yuto was, but how will he be able to stick around otherwise? Zuzu's bracelet certainly won't let them... Roget of course steps further and further down the dirty track now, and I was quite surprised at White Taki this episode. Seriously, if he doesn't do something awesome I'm going to be very disappointed. This episode was also one with some very gorgeous animation, which it really needed given the transitions between Selena and Rin, so I'm pleased that that came across.

A short one today, signing off.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:33 AM
I hate myself sometimes. All I had to do was NOT search "Crystal Wing" on the wiki and I would have preserved the spoiler.

Yeah... I know exactly how you felt.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:37 AM
Like others mentioned already, it's probably gonna follow Majestic Star and Shooting Star Dragon meaning it will be a continuation off of Clear Wing. So I'm sure Clear Wing will be part of the requirements just like Stardust was for it's evolutions.

I think it will have an approach more like Abyss and Belial. I think it will require a Dragon-Type Synchro monster. Either that or a WIND Dragon-Type Synchro monster.
Crytal Wing seems to be Level 8. That's only one level higher than Clear Wing. Majestic and Shooting Star were level 10 and were finishers in big duels. Hence why I think Crystal wing will be like Abyss or Belial and have a more generic requirement.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 09:44 AM
Yeah... I know exactly how you felt.

You do the same thing, or did someone here flap their mouth?

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:47 AM
You do the same thing, or did someone here flap their mouth?

There were three/four posts on this thread when I first cheked. And since I didn't know what they were talking about, I just searched Crystal Wing ont the Wiki, like you.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 09:56 AM
There were three/four posts on this thread when I first cheked. And since I didn't know what they were talking about, I just searched Crystal Wing ont the Wiki, like you.

Ah. My sympathies. I thought i was some fancy tuner...

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 10:51 PM
I think it will have an approach more like Abyss and Belial. I think it will require a Dragon-Type Synchro monster. Either that or a WIND Dragon-Type Synchro monster.
Crytal Wing seems to be Level 8. That's only one level higher than Clear Wing. Majestic and Shooting Star were level 10 and were finishers in big duels. Hence why I think Crystal wing will be like Abyss or Belial and have a more generic requirement.

That actually makes a ton of sense. You're probably right. It seems that the new trend to make boss Synchros more friendly without making them too generic is to make the requirement Attribute-Dragon-Type. If they chose the likely WIND then Stardust Dragon sure does come to mind. That will also link Yugo's boss to Yusei's boss a bit more. Still hoping for an Assault Mode of Clear Wing myself because it kind of goes along with the Yus Berserk Mode. But it seems unlikely now.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 10:59 PM
It seems that the new trend to make boss Synchros more friendly without making them too generic is to make the requirement Attribute-Dragon-Type. If they chose the likely WIND then Stardust Dragon sure does come to mind. That will also link Yugo's boss to Yusei's boss a bit more.

And I like it more that way. Making them this way doesn't make them very hard to use, but still keeps them from being splashed. You can make a consistent deck around them, but you don't need to make a deck specifically around them. I like this.
And yeah, the connection between Yugo and Yusei would be creased.

Still hoping for an Assault Mode of Clear Wing myself because it kind of goes along with the Yus Berserk Mode. But it seems unlikely now.

I doubt it would happen. They are very specific and they didn't even appeared in the anime (except that special episode). Seems unlikely to me too that they would try to promote them.

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd December 2015, 11:02 PM
We all know that Konami likes to leave potential untapped.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 11:10 PM
And I like it more that way. Making them this way doesn't make them very hard to use, but still keeps them from being splashed. You can make a consistent deck around them, but you don't need to make a deck specifically around them. I like this.
And yeah, the connection between Yugo and Yusei would be creased.

I doubt it would happen. They are very specific and they didn't even appeared in the anime (except that special episode). Seems unlikely to me too that they would try to promote them.

It is much better that way. And sad but true. You need Assault Mode Activate to summon an Assault Mode monster right? Because that would certainly bring back some nostalgia. Kind of like Urgent Tuning did when Shinji dropped it on the ninja

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd December 2015, 11:14 PM
It is much better that way. And sad but true. You need Assault Mode Activate to summon an Assault Mode monster right? Because that would certainly bring back some nostalgia. Kind of like Urgent Tuning did when Shinji dropped it on the ninja

However I say the first thing to fix about Assault Mode archetype is "Assault Mode Activate", being both a trap and summoning from deck only was a bit too much, not to mention "Assault Teleport" was a good idea but nowadays if Draw card don't plus they are not considered much.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 11:22 PM

However I say the first thing to fix about Assault Mode archetype is "Assault Mode Activate", being both a trap and summoning from deck only was a bit too much, not to mention "Assault Teleport" was a good idea but nowadays if Draw card don't plus they are not considered much.

Assault Mode are too inconsistent to even see the light of day, nowadays. They would need a hard revamp.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2015, 01:12 AM
Fixes for assault modes
1, NEW RELEVANT Assault mode monsters. face it, only Stardust mattered. RDA and Robocop were more useful as psuedo-meatshields for their base forms, the others meh. (I now want to see an Armored up Stardust Warrior) Also have these things NOT miss timing when they go boom. wanna know How I learned what "Missing the timing" means? I ran a RDA/AM into a Ryko
2, New support, and they can do it in 1 card to replace Assault beast.

Discard this card/on being used as synchro material, add 1 assault mode activate from deck/Grave to hand. banish this card from grave, send assault mode monster in hand back to deck, shuffle and draw 1 card
And actually make it a tuner monster with some form of searchability (ie, be Level 1). Bam most problems solved.
3, more effective support, like they have for assault modes as is, but make them work for Synchros in general and with bonus effects if an Assault/mode is out. like take assault counter, make it work as is if a synchro is in play, then have it...I dunno Nobleman (remember that shit?) if an Assault mode is in play

KingJinzo
3rd December 2015, 01:19 AM
I still find it funny that Yuzu wore Rin's sleeping clothes. Makes me wonder if she got her underwear as well.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/a/ac/Arc_V_Yuzu_wearing_Rin's_clothes.png/revision/latest?cb=20151021100130_500.png
http://40.media.tumblr.com/617ffb1e461fd21c1c418f364780e811/tumblr_nyla0tfASL1sag09io1_500.png

What happened to Serena's Academia uniform? Why didn't Yuzu bring that uniform for the tournament to change clothes. Serena always changes her clothes between Riding Dueling and not Riding Dueling, but why not Yuzu? Did she not even consider to give Serena her outfit back if she ever meets her again? Even if she didn't know the Lancers were in the Friendship Cup, she should at least carry Serena's clothes around so she neither would forget or lose them.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2015, 01:35 AM
I still find it funny that Yuzu wore Rin's sleeping clothes. Makes me wonder if she got her underwear as well.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh-arcv/images/a/ac/Arc_V_Yuzu_wearing_Rin's_clothes.png/revision/latest?cb=20151021100130_500.png
http://40.media.tumblr.com/617ffb1e461fd21c1c418f364780e811/tumblr_nyla0tfASL1sag09io1_500.png

What happened to Serena's Academia uniform? Why didn't Yuzu bring that uniform for the tournament to change clothes. Serena always changes her clothes between Riding Dueling and not Riding Dueling, but why not Yuzu? Did she not even consider to give Serena her outfit back if she ever meets her again? Even if she didn't know the Lancers were in the Friendship Cup, she should at least carry Serena's clothes around so she neither would forget or lose them.

uhhhh, she left the spare cloths at Yugo's place, not knowing that she'd be forced into the duel palace?
/nobrainer

Passerby
5th December 2015, 02:12 AM
I'm just curious as to what Crystal Wing will actually do. If we go by the usual anime protagonist's new big monster effect is made in response to enemy monster, then it will really depend on what Yugo kills with it, and what else is on the field. Especially since this is usually followed by the finishing move.

It could very well just maintain some form of Clear Wing's monster effect protection + spell/trap (I predict spell, but both would be awesome) blocking since Action Cards are what seem to be a problem for him this duel. That also foils Roger's plans to cheat Yugo out of the duel. I really don't think it will maintain its attack eating ability, but for all we know, it could. I'll give them this: they got me with Crystal Wing. I was honestly not expecting a Clear Wing evo before the Odd-Eyes merger.

What I had in mind was negating a monster/spell/trap aka card effect once per turn, and then destroying a card of the player's choosing. That way, Clear Wing would still pretty much have the floor to attack since Selena's not too much about field presence. Depending on how they do it, it could work without also having the same ludicrous ability that makes its attack reach scary levels, just to hold OTK potential back. I mean, they totally could, but I feel that would be a bit much. The effect I described in and of itself is already pretty ridiculous and basically renders classic Stardust, and to a slightly lesser degree Spark, obsolete imo (Arc-V Stardust plox). This also gives a call back to Stardust since it's basically a mini Quasar at this point. Just without the fat attack stat and multiple attacks.

LolsterXD97
5th December 2015, 02:37 AM
I'm just curious as to what Crystal Wing will actually do. If we go by the usual anime protagonist's new big monster effect is made in response to enemy monster, then it will really depend on what Yugo kills with it, and what else is on the field. Especially since this is usually followed by the finishing move.

It could very well just maintain some form of Clear Wing's monster effect protection + spell/trap (I predict spell, but both would be awesome) blocking since Action Cards are what seem to be a problem for him this duel. That also foils Roger's plans to cheat Yugo out of the duel. I really don't think it will maintain its attack eating ability, but for all we know, it could. I'll give them this: they got me with Crystal Wing. I was honestly not expecting a Clear Wing evo before the Odd-Eyes merger.

What I had in mind was negating a monster/spell/trap aka card effect once per turn, and then destroying a card of the player's choosing. That way, Clear Wing would still pretty much have the floor to attack since Selena's not too much about field presence. Depending on how they do it, it could work without also having the same ludicrous ability that makes its attack reach scary levels, just to hold OTK potential back. I mean, they totally could, but I feel that would be a bit much. The effect I described in and of itself is already pretty ridiculous and basically renders classic Stardust, and to a slightly lesser degree Spark, obsolete imo (Arc-V Stardust plox). This also gives a call back to Stardust since it's basically a mini Quasar at this point. Just without the fat attack stat and multiple attacks.

That's like Sifr on crack, but without the prevention.

KingKaash
5th December 2015, 03:09 AM
So since the article announcement that released Crystal Wings picture is now closed, I'm just gonna comment how on here how I felt it looks. I like it but based on that picture it looks kinda like Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which is kinda odd. Also is there some yellow and blue on Crystal Wing? I'm not sure if I'll like that but I'll wait to see how it looks on the actual card and show.

Does anyone think that Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, in any way, is a tribute to the God of Crystal Beasts, Rainbow Dragon? I know it makes zero sense from almost any angle except the word Crystal being in the Synchro dragons name but anybody else think that?

LolsterXD97
5th December 2015, 03:13 AM
So since the article announcement that released Crystal Wings picture is now closed, I'm just gonna comment how on here how I felt it looks. I like it but based on that picture it looks kinda like Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which is kinda odd. Also is there some yellow and blue on Crystal Wing? I'm not sure if I'll like that but I'll wait to see how it looks on the actual card and show.

Does anyone think that Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, in any way, is a tribute to the God of Crystal Beasts, Rainbow Dragon? I know it makes zero sense from almost any angle except the word Crystal being in the Synchro dragons name but anybody else think that?

For me Crystal Wing is cosplaying Nekroz, and yes, it has some gold on the lower part.

For me Crystal is more a tribute to Stardust Dragon rather than Rainbow Dragon (Leave GX refetences for Yuri).

Passerby
5th December 2015, 05:27 AM
Agreed. He gave me more of a Nekroz and Ice Barrier vibe. Stardust is an interesting thought, Lobster, how do you figure based on looks? The head does look a lot like Saber now that I'm looking at it. I do find it amusing that Clear Wing basically pulled a Life Stream Dragon. I wonder if there's some kind of story behind it, or if it's one of those random upgrade things. Regardless, the dragon looks pretty cool. Has a lindworm sort of feel to it.

lol Yeah, I have to say it's a pretty poorly thought out effect. It was mostly conjecture based on the idea of it being a power-creeped Clear Wing.

KingKaash
5th December 2015, 11:45 PM
For me Crystal Wing is cosplaying Nekroz, and yes, it has some gold on the lower part.

For me Crystal is more a tribute to Stardust Dragon rather than Rainbow Dragon (Leave GX refetences for Yuri).

Your right I totally see the Nekroz/Ice Barrier to now that I look at it again. Well I saw major resemblances between Stardust and Clear Wing. But this was one not as much. And yea GX should be left to Yuri I guess

LolsterXD97
6th December 2015, 12:56 AM
Agreed. He gave me more of a Nekroz and Ice Barrier vibe. Stardust is an interesting thought, Lobster, how do you figure based on looks? The head does look a lot like Saber now that I'm looking at it. I do find it amusing that Clear Wing basically pulled a Life Stream Dragon. I wonder if there's some kind of story behind it, or if it's one of those random upgrade things. Regardless, the dragon looks pretty cool. Has a lindworm sort of feel to it.

lol Yeah, I have to say it's a pretty poorly thought out effect. It was mostly conjecture based on the idea of it being a power-creeped Clear Wing.

Crystal Wing's parts that are covered with crystal remind me of Stardust Dragon's skin and scales, also the form of his head look a bit like Stardust's.

Sanokal
6th December 2015, 02:27 AM
Crystal Wing's parts that are covered with crystal remind me of Stardust Dragon's skin and scales, also the form of his head look a bit like Stardust's.

He actually reminds me a lot of Shooting Quasar Dragon in appearance; mainly the underlying skin.

LolsterXD97
6th December 2015, 02:44 AM
He actually reminds me a lot of Shooting Quasar Dragon in appearance; mainly the underlying skin.

For me it is the hands, they look a lot like Quasar's.