PDA

View Full Version : Potential Lancers Discussion Thread

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 07:51 PM
I create this thread with the thoughts in mind that it's going to be a long-living thread. We can discuss about potential Lancers in the future. As we all know, the Lancers are adventuring through dimensions, and Reiji wants to recruit new members, so they won't lose to Academia. That's one of the reasons why they traveled to the Synchro Dimension. According to Director Ono, the Lancers will also go to the Xyz Dimension. (Source: http://everydayduelist.tumblr.com/post/128663090359/atifdbz-according-to-director-ono-we-will ) So, let us guess.

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 08:25 PM
Since the thread was created during the Friendship Cup arc, the City give us (or just me) following potential candidates.

Jack and Crow. They are with no doubt the strongest duelists of the City. Jack is the King, and if Roger didn't do anything dirty behind him like Goodwin in 5D's - well, considering what Roger did during Yugo vs Serena, we don't know for sure - we can certainly assume that Jack earned his title fair and square, unlike his 5D's counterpart. Crow got more Synchro Monsters during his first full on-screen duel than his 5D's counterpart during the entire 5D's anime. And he keeps getting more. Both characters live up the names of their 5D's counterparts, which is good, since we all know how good Jack and Crow were in 5D's. But that's also the problem. Both of them represent main characters from 5D's. I think it's not good if 5D's characters outshining ARC-V characters in the ARC-V anime. Well, the point of recruiting new Lancers is recruiting strong duelists, but if Jack and Crow weren't originally 5D's character, that wouldn't be such a controverse matter. I know they are not the same characters from 5D's, but that's what they represent. However, it fits the crossover theme.

The next candidate is Tokumatsu. He's more or less the Himuro from 5D's, but Tokumatsu is more tied into the City's history, making him a bit more relevant than Himuro during the first season. His deck is interesting and he is eccentric, which would fit to the team, but I think his age is not really appealing and he should better stay in the City to keep it in check. I guess he becomes an authority in the end of the arc.

Next one is Shinji who screams Ikari (Japanese for "anger", or in Evangelion's case "anchor"). Definitively a strong duelist, and while I currently hate him, he has character development potential. In his current state, he has a one-dimensional point of view, not unsimilar like Kurosaki, but if he'd become a Lancer, his character might change for the better. But who needs two angry Kurosakis (the actual one got more or less better)?

And what about Yugo? He's the closest duelist to be on Jack and Crow's level. If he doesn't get absorbed by Yuya, he's the most potential character from the City. But that's the problem. If he doesn't get absorbed by somebody.

As a bizarre candidate, we have Sergey. Despite what he did to Yuzu, I find him more amusing than Shinji or Tokumatsu. Maybe he's too crazy, and the fact that he works for Roger doesn't help, but him becoming a good guy would be interesting.

For more ridiculous candidates, here is Duel Chaser 227. He is kind of the Ushio in this series. For all the bad treatment he has got, he might get something good in the end. Main problems: He has no name and his deck has no individuality whatsoever. Even his Fusion Monster Goyo Emperor has been mass-produced. He's nothing special.

----

So, and now for non-City characters:

Yuzu. As long as she doesn't get captured during the Friendship Cup arc, she's the most obvious recruit.

Sora. If he still decides to stay on Yuya's side, that would be nice. It would be nice to have another Academia character in the team, that would give us more dynamic between the characters, especially with Kurosaki. Unlike Serena, Sora knew about the malicious things Academia did, and since friendship was always one of the main theme in YGO, I hope he joins them as soon as possible.

Dennis. Despite him being a spy, he genuinely cared for his monsters, particularly Trapeze Magician. That's rare for a villain, and guys like Raphael became even good guys in the end. Dennis seemed to show genuine care for the Lancers during the time he was with them. I doubt he stays as a villain for the rest of the series.

Volteccer
30th November 2015, 09:15 PM
I agree with you on all those points. As for other dimensions, Barret may choose to side with Serena, assuming his honour does not get in the way. But, that's a pretty big if.

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 09:28 PM
While Barrett may become a good guy in the end, I doubt he becomes an actual Lancer. But the chances of him becoming a good guy seems to be higher than Sergey becoming a good guy.

Dread Kaiser
30th November 2015, 09:52 PM
Invasion will happen
Jack and Crow go, Shinji stays behind to lead/rebuild, preferably with Character development so he becomes a 2 dimensional jerkass

Tokumatsu, probably stay or be the tragic sacrafice to establish the "Shit is going down" mood.

Yugo, reserved for Yuri

227, cannon fodder, might go with, probably won't last long but they DID let him appear in the ending.

Sergey, Iredeemable, will be beaten and either Carded or incarcerated.

Dennis, same. he is reserved for final dungeon midboss or last second team swap, he isn't changing sides soon.

Sora, yeah he's joining them

and you forgot one, Yuto.
I HIGHLY doubt he will be stuck in Yuya forever. that and...

Wait we are giving the Synchro guy a bitchen upgrade? not the xyz?
You colorblind? Bring him back, fix this, Kill the synchro guy for his insolence.
-Konami to the Writers

LolsterXD97
30th November 2015, 10:01 PM
Crow has the Lancer spot guaranteed because Konami gotta milk Blackwings, Jack is VERY possble, Shinji screams to be carded, Tokumatsu would stay and make the Shiti enjoy, Yugo would be Yuya fodder, 227 may last for a bit (He would be like Roger's Vector with that control device if he isn't killed/carded by Yuuri first), and Sergey just asks for a hard beatdown.

Yuzu and Sora are guaranteed as Lancers at the end of FC if nothing happens, Dennis for me would be a semi-boss before Yuuri and then switch sides after some egao talk.

Pendulum
30th November 2015, 10:02 PM
I would like to see Jack and Crow go with the Lancers to the the Xyz and Fusion Dimensions. I'm looking forward to see Jack being more emotional and dueling. Crow needs to stop to be so off too.
227 will probably be the first to fall OR he won't be relevant at all. The guy doesn't even have a face.
Dennis, as opposed to my heart's content, will probably join the Lancers too. You know, because he was a good guy when he was pretending he was a good guy. And yugioh staff like that kind of nonsense.
Sora will join the Lancers, obviously. Sora is like a small Dennis.

As for Yugo and Yuto, I really don't know what could happen. I want a Pendulum Synchro, but for that, Yugo would have to be mostlikely absorved by Yuya. And I'm not seeing that happen for now. That means Yuri will have time to deal with Yugo before Yuya and Yugo merge. Yuto will be released from Yuya's body either in the Xyz Dimension, because it's his hometown and some magic power could happen that would allow him to get back to the real world; OR he will only be set apart from Yuya in the Fusion Dimension due to the tecnology that exists there.

Dyson Sphere
30th November 2015, 10:13 PM
I would like to see Jack and Crow go with the Lancers to the the Xyz and Fusion Dimensions. I'm looking forward to see Jack being more emotional and dueling. Crow needs to stop to be so off too.
227 will probably be the first to fall OR he won't be relevant at all. The guy doesn't even have a face.
Dennis, as opposed to my heart's content, will probably join the Lancers too. You know, because he was a good guy when he was pretending he was a good guy. And yugioh staff like that kind of nonsense.
Sora will join the Lancers, obviously. Sora is like a small Dennis.

As for Yugo and Yuto, I really don't know what could happen. I want a Pendulum Synchro, but for that, Yugo would have to be mostlikely absorved by Yuya. And I'm not seeing that happen for now. That means Yuri will have time to deal with Yugo before Yuya and Yugo merge. Yuto will be released from Yuya's body either in the Xyz Dimension, because it's his hometown and some magic power could happen that would allow him to get back to the real world; OR he will only be set apart from Yuya in the Fusion Dimension due to the tecnology that exists there.

or he doesnt at all and stays dead, and then all the 4 yus become yami yuya and yami yuya kills a ton of people

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 10:43 PM
Yuri is pretty much hyped by the series. I can imagine him being stronger than all of his counterparts, maybe all of them combined. The "synchronizing" thing between Yuya and Yugo is a big hint that they will become one soon.

KingKaash
30th November 2015, 11:16 PM
This kinda goes with the thread. But how come Reiji didn't accept Roger's request to join forces against Academia? I remember the reason he gave was because the sole purpose for Roger fighting Academia was to rule The City and Reiji wasn't interested in forming a partnership with someone that has those kinds of motives. But Roger could've been a good ally to the Lancers. I mean he owns the freaking Security army.

At the end of the day, Roger is still kind of an ally to the Lancers. Because anyone that opposes Academia is a Lancer. So good luck Academia because you got two Dimensions coming at you.

LolsterXD97
30th November 2015, 11:28 PM
This kinda goes with the thread. But how come Reiji didn't accept Roger's request to join forces against Academia? I remember the reason he gave was because the sole purpose for Roger fighting Academia was to rule The City and Reiji wasn't interested in forming a partnership with someone that has those kinds of motives. But Roger could've been a good ally to the Lancers. I mean he owns the freaking Security army.

At the end of the day, Roger is still kind of an ally to the Lancers. Because anyone that opposes Academia is a Lancer. So good luck Academia because you got two Dimensions coming at you.

Reiji has got some ambition there, he said he wasn't going to ally with someone wanting to rule just 1 city.

KingJinzo
30th November 2015, 11:37 PM
I guess Roger is a person Reiji dispises. Even though Reiji's morality is ambiguous, I think he just doesn't like evil guys, and Roger clearly is. Also, Roger is pretty much the reason why the City is so shitty. Ancient Gears vs Goyos. Also, Roger is someone I would never trust at all. The fact that he uses cheats makes him even worse than he already is. Or Reiji simply hates his nose.

LolsterXD97
30th November 2015, 11:42 PM
I guess Roger is a person Reiji dispises. Even though Reiji's morality is ambiguous, I think he just doesn't like evil guys, and Roger clearly is. Also, Roger is pretty much the reason why the City is so shitty. Ancient Gears vs Goyos. Also, Roger is someone I would never trust at all. The fact that he uses cheats makes him even worse than he already is. Or Reiji simply hates his nose.

He simply doesn't accept that anymore than him can stalk people.

KingKaash
30th November 2015, 11:51 PM
Reiji has got some ambition there, he said he wasn't going to ally with someone wanting to rule just 1 city.

Are you sure about this? Maybe the version I watched was translated wrong? Because I thought Reiji said he's not interested in siding with someone that only fights to rule a city. He wants people who are fighting for more than that. And well yea Roger is not a person that can be trusted. But Leo Akaba is using Sora even tho Sora is not someone that can be trusted. Remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend Reiji. Or something like that.

Sanokal
30th November 2015, 11:54 PM
Are you sure about this? Maybe the version I watched was translated wrong? Because I thought Reiji said he's not interested in siding with someone that only fights to rule a city. He wants people who are fighting for more than that. And well yea Roger is not a person that can be trusted. But Leo Akaba is using Sora even tho Sora is not someone that can be trusted. Remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend Reiji. Or something like that.

Sounds like it. And while Roget might help them in the City, he wouldn't help anywhere else.

Zarkiel
1st December 2015, 01:20 AM
I think dennis isn't going to join the lancers. He's like a less malevolent vector. Now that he's ID'd himself as Academia, he won't be on their side or a while. I think everyone that was in the tournament that actually had a duel will be in the lancers except for segergy and duel chaser 227. Now, if they are going to the xyz dimension, it might be likely we'll see some zexal people join in. My best guess would be the arclight brothers, but it wouldn't suprise me if we saw the barian emperors in a permanent human form (ie barians never exsisted) but still using chaos xyz change (vs the rank up xyz change that shun uses). Also kaito would be great, but I don't think he'd be there since galaxy eyes takes out xyz, not fusion.

LolsterXD97
1st December 2015, 01:25 AM
I think dennis isn't going to join the lancers. He's like a less malevolent vector. Now that he's ID'd himself as Academia, he won't be on their side or a while. I think everyone that was in the tournament that actually had a duel will be in the lancers except for segergy and duel chaser 227. Now, if they are going to the xyz dimension, it might be likely we'll see some zexal people join in. My best guess would be the arclight brothers, but it wouldn't suprise me if we saw the barian emperors in a permanent human form (ie barians never exsisted) but still using chaos xyz change (vs the rank up xyz change that shun uses). Also kaito would be great, but I don't think he'd be there since galaxy eyes takes out xyz, not fusion.

Seeing how IV has possibily the most overpowered Special Summon hate and burn effects Anime wise (C101 didn't burn 16k in 1 entire duel compared to C15, C40 and C88) and how the other brothers benefit from power ups and the opponent's power creep, I would bet the Arclight Family to be some of the best duelists they can add as cameos, it can also reflect Shun's Deck that hates Special Summoning (If the writers are planning cameos in Zexal Dimension). It could be Shark and Rio too, to see the relations with Shun and Ruri.

Sanokal
1st December 2015, 02:00 AM
Seeing how IV has possibily the most overpowered Special Summon hate and burn effects Anime wise (C101 didn't burn 16k in 1 entire duel compared to C15, C40 and C88) and how the other brothers benefit from power ups and the opponent's power creep, I would bet the Arclight Family to be some of the best duelists they can add as cameos, it can also reflect Shun's Deck that hates Special Summoning (If the writers are planning cameos in Zexal Dimension). It could be Shark and Rio too, to see the relations with Shun and Ruri.

The real key is whether they need to show up, since given that the situation with the Xyz Dimension is vastly different to ZEXAL (while the Synchro Dimension is similar to 5D's) it's less likely that they'll have alternate ZEXAL characters, in my opinion.

KingKaash
1st December 2015, 02:01 AM
Sounds like it. And while Roget might help them in the City, he wouldn't help anywhere else.

Ahh that is totally true. Best explanation thus far. He flips out every time he thinks of Yuri. No way he'd go to the Fusion Dimension. He's only ready to take on Academia if they invade his Synchro City

KingKaash
1st December 2015, 02:05 AM
My best guess would be the arclight brothers, but it wouldn't suprise me if we saw the barian emperors in a permanent human form (ie barians never exsisted) but still using chaos xyz change (vs the rank up xyz change that shun uses). Also kaito would be great, but I don't think he'd be there since galaxy eyes takes out xyz, not fusion.

I made a thread about this called Old Faces, New Places a while back. My thing for the Arclight bros is what decks would they use. Because if Yusei doesn't exist then Yuma doesn't exist. That means Astral doesn't exist so the Numbers don't exist. So Gimmick Puppets, Chronomaly and Dyson Sphere aren't gonna be there. So what decks are they gonna rock? They could expand Gimmick Puppets to have non-Number Xyz monsters. We really need a legit Rank 8 deck out here

LolsterXD97
1st December 2015, 02:43 AM
I made a thread about this called Old Faces, New Places a while back. My thing for the Arclight bros is what decks would they use. Because if Yusei doesn't exist then Yuma doesn't exist. That means Astral doesn't exist so the Numbers don't exist. So Gimmick Puppets, Chronomaly and Dyson Sphere aren't gonna be there. So what decks are they gonna rock? They could expand Gimmick Puppets to have non-Number Xyz monsters. We really need a legit Rank 8 deck out here

The Rank 9 pool needs some V love too.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 02:46 AM
the rank Not!3&4 pool need love

Brightshine Stardust
1st December 2015, 03:25 AM
Actually expanding V's spaceship-themed-but-not-an-archetype deck would be great, especially if they keep it archetype-less.

We need more non-archetype deck that's actually good, and being space-themed is an awesome bonus, at least for me :D

They can just replace Dyson Sphere with something else. A big ISS-like monster mixed with a battle spaceship, maybe?

Anyway, I wonder if Reiji will, at one point, go back to Standard to recruit more people.

The LDS duo (Masumi and Yaiba) seems like good candidates for that, and it would also be a good time to reveal they already guessed what happened to Hokuto.

Mieru might gets recruited for the sole fact that she can somewhat see what happens inside Yuya, if she told that to Reiji, I think he would want to know more about it. That and during the tournament she didn't actually proved herself, didn't she deliberately made herself lose against Tsukikage just so she can visit Yuya? If she gets a chance to prove herself then she might gets recruited.

Same goes for Ayu - she lost on the very first duel on the tournament because she was immediately paired against Reira, so she didn't have any chance to show more. That and the writers make her the only one from the three You Show kids to actually have a full on-screen duel, with Reira too of all person, seems to imply they originally wanted to make her a more important character alongside Reira. Not to mention she actually has her cards printed.

Zarkiel
1st December 2015, 03:44 AM

Well, jack atlas got a shiny new boss monster, and crow got a bunch of new stuff. It wouldn't be that far fetched to see new boss monsters from them, assuming they actually show up. I think its more likely that we will see new faces rather than old ones there. Zexal is rather new and doesn't have the nostalgia factor that 5ds, gx, and especially duel monsters had.

Volteccer
1st December 2015, 04:05 AM
They could expand Gimmick Puppets to have non-Number Xyz monsters. We really need a legit Rank 8 deck out here

If we do see them again, that's what will happen. Still Chronomaly, Gimmick Puppets, and SPAAAAACE, but with new, non-number boss monsters.

ScionStorm
1st December 2015, 08:13 AM
I would like to see a Lancers B-Team assembled to defend the standard dimension from Academia threats while the Lancers A-Team are away. I feel like this is logical.

For B-Team:

Masumi
Yaiba
Mieru
Tatsuya-You can't just tease Performachines and NOT do anything with it.
Aiyu
Shivers? I dunno about this.
Isao joins hoping to take revenge for his team mates being carded.

Adult supervision:
Yuya's mom
Yuzu's Dad
Gongenzaka's father

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 09:28 AM

I'm waiting for ages for a cool Rank 9 monster, you know? A bossy one, who doesn'tdie to Castel and the likes.

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 09:32 AM
I would like to see a Lancers B-Team assembled to defend the standard dimension from Academia threats while the Lancers A-Team are away. I feel like this is logical.

For B-Team:

Masumi
Yaiba
Mieru
Tatsuya-You can't just tease Performachines and NOT do anything with it.
Aiyu
Shivers? I dunno about this.
Isao joins hoping to take revenge for his team mates being carded.

Adult supervision:
Yuya's mom
Yuzu's Dad
Gongenzaka's father

Adult supervision
Yeah, it sounds more a like a School Trip to me.
I would like to find more about those Entermachines, too.

KingJinzo
1st December 2015, 02:28 PM
I never meant that Dennis would join the Lancers soon, but probably near the end of the series. Why do people assume that I think Dennis would join them soon? It's obvious that this won't happen. Especially since he's out of the scene.

yshipster
1st December 2015, 09:33 PM
Since I heard for the first time they will go to Xyz Dimension right now, I'm actually pretty interested in what thye will show to us. Since Shun said more than once that there isn't much left of it. Also the source said that Yuya will meets the other Yus in the other dimensions, which means we might see Yuto as a real person again... Which would crush nearly every theorie of all the Yus combining...

For the reappearing ZeXal characters, if they go with the same pattern as with the 5D ones:
- Kaito: He is Heartlands Jack Atlas, and he also uses a valid engine for Rank 8 non-number plays, so they might just add some RUMs to it, or they stick with Chaos Xyz Change for him, like the irl cards already do.
- Shark: I guess we can see him as Heartlands Crow, since he is the character with the most duels besides the protagonist and his rival. His deck might need some good support cards, but RUMs/Chaos Xyz Change tactics are very likely, since his deck already supports a wide range of levels.

LolsterXD97
1st December 2015, 09:38 PM
Since I heard for the first time they will go to Xyz Dimension right now, I'm actually pretty interested in what thye will show to us. Since Shun said more than once that there isn't much left of it. Also the source said that Yuya will meets the other Yus in the other dimensions, which means we might see Yuto as a real person again... Which would crush nearly every theorie of all the Yus combining...

For the reappearing ZeXal characters, if they go with the same pattern as with the 5D ones:
- Kaito: He is Heartlands Jack Atlas, and he also uses a valid engine for Rank 8 non-number plays, so they might just add some RUMs to it, or they stick with Chaos Xyz Change for him, like the irl cards already do.
- Shark: I guess we can see him as Heartlands Crow, since he is the character with the most duels besides the protagonist and his rival. His deck might need some good support cards, but RUMs/Chaos Xyz Change tactics are very likely, since his deck already supports a wide range of levels.

A perfect excuse to continue the "Numbers" collection, but that would be way asspull if they managed to introduce "Numbers" into the story.

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 09:52 PM

Yes, I hope Kaito appears. He deserves it.
I also hope for Shark to appear, but I doubt it. His sister would have to appear too, probably.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 09:55 PM

I think its a safe enough assumption that hte "Chaos" bits have left the story, and given the overall state of the dimension, its possible that no one will return
also, kinda making assumptions that it would be shark and Kaito.
Shark is one thing, but I would rather have some of the OTHER characters given some spotlight time. I'd rather NOT see Kaito, and by extent, more Galaxy eyes stuff.
I'd rather see III, IV and V showing up, or...*Gasp* KOTORI DONE CORRECTLY (they did Crow right, they can do anything). Or Vector......

actually Especially Vector or some Black Mist expy, those R2NK numbers need love

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 09:56 PM
A perfect excuse to continue the "Numbers" collection, but that would be way asspull if they managed to introduce "Numbers" into the story.

Yeah... Numbers won't appear, hopefully. That would be just ridiculous. How would that fit with Zexal's plot? I know it doesn't have to, but... Come on, it would be very far-fetched. I don't want Numbers to appear.

I want to see Anna Kaboom and her giant trains.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 09:58 PM
Yes, I hope Kaito appears. He deserves it.
I also hope for Shark to appear, but I doubt it. His sister would have to appear too, probably.

Not really, just have her get carded in backstory

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... Numbers won't appear, hopefully. That would be just ridiculous. How would that fit with Zexal's plot? I know it doesn't have to, but... Come on, it would be very far-fetched. I don't want Numbers to appear.

I want to see Anna Kaboom and her giant trains.

the Numbers CANNOT appear, they WERE the Zexal plot every villian and every faction was tied to them. bringing them in brings EVERYTHING from Zexal with it.

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 10:01 PM
I think its a safe enough assumption that hte "Chaos" bits have left the story, and given the overall state of the dimension, its possible that no one will return
also, kinda making assumptions that it would be shark and Kaito.
Shark is one thing, but I would rather have some of the OTHER characters given some spotlight time. I'd rather NOT see Kaito, and by extent, more Galaxy eyes stuff.
I'd rather see III, IV and V showing up, or...*Gasp* KOTORI DONE CORRECTLY (they did Crow right, they can do anything). Or Vector......

actually Especially Vector or some Black Mist expy, those R2NK numbers need love

Man, there are a lot of characters I want to see again. But with nicely done roles. The archlight brothers. But they used a lot of Numbers. That means Konami would have to make totally new decks for them, and that wouldn't promote "legacy" stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, just have her get carded in backstory

Ah of course. That would even give Shark a motif to appear.

the Numbers CANNOT appear, they WERE the Zexal plot every villian and every faction was tied to them. bringing them in brings EVERYTHING from Zexal with it.

Exactly.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 10:02 PM
Man, there are a lot of characters I want to see again. But with nicely done roles. The archlight brothers. But they used a lot of Numbers. That means Konami would have to make totally new decks for them, and that wouldn't promote "legacy" stuff.

They made Non-Number Xyz for Chronos and Boxers, they made a not!Magic version of Red Dragon Archfiend and a brand new series of blackwings (yeah, shocker I know)

they can poop out 3-5 more xyz for 2 already existing sets, and flesh out a series for V. Not like we haven't been complaining about a shitload of unneeded Xyz for a long time

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 10:07 PM
They made Non-Number Xyz for Chronos and Boxers, they made a not!Magic version of Red Dragon Archfiend and a brand new series of blackwings (yeah, shocker I know)

It's true, but those were popular existing themes. Everyone loves BF. And everyone loves Red Deamons.

they can poop out 3-5 more xyz for 2 already existing sets, and flesh out a series for V. Not like we haven't been complaining about a shitload of unneeded Xyz for a long time

For V they would have to create something from the scratch, almost. I'm still waiting for a decent Rank 9 monster, though.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 10:08 PM
Ah of course. That would even give Shark a motif to appear.

Exactly.

*Motive

and they already wrote in an out with Scarlight, just make non-number versions of them with updated effects and similar names, assuming they don't make all new ones (like Red-Wyvern)
the numbers themselves just CANNOT come back, it be like Digging up the Egyptian Gods and Millennium Items. The only plot card with any chance of returning is Neos and Super poly. Neos had a powerful spirit but was otherwise an ordinary card, like the Dark Magician. Super poly can just be explained as some Academia side project

LolsterXD97
1st December 2015, 10:12 PM
*Motive

and they already wrote in an out with Scarlight, just make non-number versions of them with updated effects and similar names, assuming they don't make all new ones (like Red-Wyvern)
the numbers themselves just CANNOT come back, it be like Digging up the Egyptian Gods and Millennium Items. The only plot card with any chance of returning is Neos and Super poly. Neos had a powerful spirit but was otherwise an ordinary card, like the Dark Magician. Super poly can just be explained as some Academia side project

I hope they would make retrains of them if cameos are planned in Xyz Dimension, but would be strange seeing a normal Xyz with the clause "This card's name is also treated as "Number X" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard". For me the characters I would really appreciate to appear as cameos are: Shark, Rio, Kaito, Vector and the Tron Family (But if it were just a few of them I would choose Shark and Rio because of the simillarities with Shun and Ruri, while also Rio being the most beautiful Yu-Gi-Oh! female I have seen in a while, besides Ruri).

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 10:12 PM
*Motive

I thought motif was viable too.

Please, I don't want to see a Number. Making similar monsters, thematically speaking, doesn't sound a bad idea. Like a stronger Dyson Sphere or something.

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 10:16 PM
I hope they would make retrains of them if cameos are planned in Xyz Dimension, but would be strange seeing a normal Xyz with the clause "This card's name is also treated as "Number X" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard". For me the characters I would really appreciate to appear as cameos are: Shark, Rio, Kaito, Vector and the Tron Family (But if it were just a few of them I would choose Shark and Rio because of the simillarities with Shun and Ruri, while also Rio being the most beautiful Yu-Gi-Oh! female I have seen in a while, besides Ruri).

Vector is one of my favourite characters. I would love to see it again. However, I don't think any of the barina emperors will appear, simply becasue of that.
Shark and Rio would make more sense if RIo was Yuzu's Xyz counterpart, I think.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 10:18 PM

If a Utopia expy shows up "treat this cards as Yadda yadda for the purpsoes of Xyz summoning" would suffice
only monsters that had alternate forms would need a name condition like Scarlight did, and there aren't to many of those they could bring back. Shark Drake, Abyss Splash and Galaxy eyes are basically it
for the arclights they'd be better off making fresh members instead of name copies anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I thought motif was viable too.

Please, I don't want to see a Number. Making similar monsters, thematically speaking, doesn't sound a bad idea. Like a stronger Dyson Sphere or something.

Motif = Theme
And Shun has Dibs on the Agnsty "Avenge little Sister" thing already

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 10:23 PM
If a Utopia expy shows up "treat this cards as Yadda yadda for the purpsoes of Xyz summoning" would suffice
only monsters that had alternate forms would need a name condition like Scarlight did, and there aren't to many of those they could bring back. Shark Drake, Abyss Splash and Galaxy eyes are basically it
for the arclights they'd be better off making fresh members instead of name copies anyway

I don't want more Utopia or Utopia-like cards. The ones from Zexal were way more than enough.
New Shark monsters would be cool, but I'm not seeing Shark to appear.
Galaxy need some consistency. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaito.

Maybe that Ninja guy to pair along Tsukikage and the old man will appear. Not that I like them.

Motif = Theme
Ah I see. Thank you.

And Shun has Dibs on the Agnsty "Avenge little Sister" thing already

Hence why I think Shark won't appear.

Mari
1st December 2015, 11:12 PM
The only characters from zexal that I see returning in that fit thematically would be Gauche and Droite. They worked for Dr. Faker as special agents so I can see them surviving the invasion and being very involved with the Resistance, plus they used Photons at one point (which would be the Goyos and Ancient Gears of the Xyz Dimension) and barely used any Numbers (iirc only Gauche used one) but I'm not aware if they're popular enough to come back, but they make more sense to me than the Arclight family or other characters closely tied with the zexal plot

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 11:15 PM
The only characters from zexal that I see returning in that fit thematically would be Gauche and Droite. They worked for Dr. Faker as special agents so I can see them surviving the invasion and being very involved with the Resistance, plus they used Photons at one point (which would be the Goyos and Ancient Gears of the Xyz Dimension) and barely used any Numbers (iirc only Gauche used one) but I'm not aware if they're popular enough to come back, but they make more sense to me than the Arclight family or other characters closely tied with the zexal plot

You know?... That actually makes sense. How could I forget about that couple of nice duelists?
I would like to see them pairing up with Kaito.
And as much as I would like to see Gouche with the H-C, Bounzers still cry for a lot of support.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 11:16 PM
All the less reason really
Photons would be the fodder archetype, so it basically rules out anyone not named Kaito that used them from coming back.

not to mention Xyz Dimension =/= Zexal, ARC V Faker may not exist or be anyone special if he does

Yeager was Rex's enforcer, he got a minor cameo and Rex is nowhere to be seen, Faker, Heartland and their direct subordinates would probably be no different

Pendulum
1st December 2015, 11:21 PM
All the less reason really
Photons would be the fodder archetype, so it basically rules out anyone not named Kaito that used them from coming back.

not to mention Xyz Dimension =/= Zexal, ARC V Faker may not exist or be anyone special if he does

Yeager was Rex's enforcer, he got a minor cameo and Rex is nowhere to be seen, Faker, Heartland and their direct subordinates would probably be no different

I think it's more likely for Gouche and Droite to appear along Kaito, maybe even as the headmasters of the Resistance, than the Archlight bros, as much as I like them. They interfered a lot in Zexal, they were an important part of the plot. Gouch and Droite weren't. They could appear now and have some time to shine.

Dread Kaiser
1st December 2015, 11:40 PM
I think it's more likely for Gouche and Droite to appear along Kaito, maybe even as the headmasters of the Resistance, than the Archlight bros, as much as I like them. They interfered a lot in Zexal, they were an important part of the plot. Gouch and Droite weren't. They could appear now and have some time to shine.

ehh, Droite suffered teh fate of all Zexal Women, Gauche actually mattered for a while.
If anything he probably had more impact then V. they both made it equally far in the carnival, after which V stopped mattering til late in part II, Gauche showed up sooner as another tough opponent and Game Yuma a backup non-Number boss in the form of Excalibur....Which I just realized made more appearances then the other Non-39 Numbers....God damnit Writers

LolsterXD97
1st December 2015, 11:44 PM

Excalibur retrain would be nuts, I only ask its less a pain in the ass like 81 or do something crazy and cross Photons with Heroic Challengers.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd December 2015, 03:46 AM
What with the whole concept of Signer Dragons and Earthbound Gods has been thrown out for the Synchro Dimension (Scarright is just kind of there as a boss related to Red Deamons, but zero significance to the actual plot, and no Black Feather alt), it'd be safe to say if we do get Zexal cameos, Numbers will be absent. Galaxy/Photon, Sharks, OOPArts, Gimmick Puppets, and Dyson could all use a bit of love, all things considered.

Dyson Sphere
2nd December 2015, 04:04 AM
now be warned this is a troll comment

how about a retrained shock master for 1 less materials an negating 2 things instead of 1

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
2nd December 2015, 04:06 AM
now be warned this is a troll comment

how about a retrained shock master for 1 less materials an negating 2 things instead of 1 May as well make it a Kibou Ou Hope while we're at it.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 05:15 AM
Well, jack atlas got a shiny new boss monster, and crow got a bunch of new stuff. It wouldn't be that far fetched to see new boss monsters from them, assuming they actually show up. I think its more likely that we will see new faces rather than old ones there. Zexal is rather new and doesn't have the nostalgia factor that 5ds, gx, and especially duel monsters had.

That's true but Xyz summoning at its core is what made Yugioh what it is now. It made duels quicker and Extra Decks full. Sorry Synchros but Xyz Summoning is much easier. So bringing back the characters that introduced Xyz summoning to us wouldn't be too much of a stretch. It's true tho that there's not much nostalgia involved with it. If they do come back, those bros should get new boss monsters especially since they are rolling out new Blackwings.

For people who think they won't go to the Xyz Dimension next, I think they will. I said it before that they need to go in order for the rest of the Lancers except for (Shun and Selena) to understand what they are fighting for and against. They need to see the devastation of the Xyz Dimension to truly light a fire inside the likes of new Lancers like Crow. Sure an invasion by Academia can do the same thing as well. But I feel like Reiji will look for new Lancers there next. And in that case only the strongest will survive the destruction caused by Academia. The likes of the Arclight bros, Shark, Rio and Kaito could only survive the Fusion Dimension assault.

Also because no one has mentioned the potential losses of Lancers. Dennis is already gone. And if Yuri does come in and take away Yuzu or Selena or both, then new members/new characters is a must. Btw I just have a feeling Shinji and Damon and Tony will get carded.

Dread Kaiser
2nd December 2015, 06:13 AM
That's true but Xyz summoning at its core is what made Yugioh what it is now. It made duels quicker and Extra Decks full.

Actually, Synchros did that. 5D's was the era where the game speed picked up as much as it did. it was when special summons became a lot less special.

Xyz are what made teh game what it is now, Degenerate. Synchro decks did the same shit, Xyz made it brainless and dropped the skill floor into negatives.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:25 AM
ehh, Droite suffered teh fate of all Zexal Women, Gauche actually mattered for a while.

But since we're talking about Arc-V here, Droite would have her chance to show some of her skills. Since she was bit overshadowed in Zexal, they could use her in Arc-V. They didn't use Aki, though.

If anything he probably had more impact then V. they both made it equally far in the carnival, after which V stopped mattering til late in part II, Gauche showed up sooner as another tough opponent and Game Yuma a backup non-Number boss in the form of Excalibur....Which I just realized made more appearances then the other Non-39 Numbers....God damnit Writers

Gauche was important, but not that important for the main plot, like the Archlight bros. If I had to pick some Zexal characters to appear in Arc-V, I would choose some who weren't very important to the plot. Like Anna, Gouche or Droite. Or even that Ninja guy, though I don't like him. But I would like to see kaito appearing too. And Vector. But I doubt the Barian Emperors are going to appear.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 09:58 AM
But since we're talking about Arc-V here, Droite would have her chance to show some of her skills. Since she was bit overshadowed in Zexal, they could use her in Arc-V. They didn't use Aki, though.

Apparently that was due to Carly's voice actress being part of some major cult, so they reworked Yliaster and canned the Arcadia Movement (and thus most of their direction for Akiza).

SkullBuster
2nd December 2015, 01:37 PM
Sooooo the thread became "which Zexal characters I wanna show up" lol.

Anyway I would have wanted Jack and Crow to be recruited. Now I kinda don't want to. I may be thinking through my ass here, but there can also be a possibility that no new Lancers would be added, and that would depend if Academia would directly declare to invade the Synchro Dimension soon. Jack, Crow, Shinji et al would have to stay.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 01:48 PM
Apparently that was due to Carly's voice actress being part of some major cult, so they reworked Yliaster and canned the Arcadia Movement (and thus most of their direction for Akiza).

Ah, didn't know that. Interesting.
But well, no excuses for Aki to not appear in Arc-V. They are even giving relevance to female characters, so she would perfectly fit.

KingJinzo
2nd December 2015, 02:23 PM
Ah, didn't know that. Interesting.
But well, no excuses for Aki to not appear in Arc-V. They are even giving relevance to female characters, so she would perfectly fit.
But what can Aki do in the story? She's probably one of the Tops, and we haven't seen nice Tops si far. Maybe be Melissa is one, it's rather hard to tell whether the not-so-rich-but-also-not-so-poor-people are either Commons or Tops. We know that Security belongs to the Tops. Jack and Crow are the ones of the Signers who were born in Satellite.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 02:32 PM
But what can Aki do in the story?

Well, now it's a bit too late for her to do anything in the story, I guess. I don't expect them to stay in the Synchro Dimension much longer. But who knows?

She's probably one of the Tops, and we haven't seen nice Tops si far. Maybe be Melissa is one, it's rather hard to tell whether the not-so-rich-but-also-not-so-poor-people are either Commons or Tops. We know that Security belongs to the Tops. Jack and Crow are the ones of the Signers who were born in Satellite.

I agree. Aki would have to be from the Tops. But she could be different from the other Tops. She could be a person who would care about the commons. She would have to be different from the other people, a bit like in 5Ds, but without the Psycho powers. But with a lot of strenght, so she would be able to keep up with the Lancers. And the fact she was from Tops but supporting the Commons could have been interesting for the story, in my opinion.
I would have liked to see her again, with some more proeminent role.

KingJinzo
2nd December 2015, 03:35 PM
Well, now it's a bit too late for her to do anything in the story, I guess. I don't expect them to stay in the Synchro Dimension much longer. But who knows?

I agree. Aki would have to be from the Tops. But she could be different from the other Tops. She could be a person who would care about the commons. She would have to be different from the other people, a bit like in 5Ds, but without the Psycho powers. But with a lot of strenght, so she would be able to keep up with the Lancers. And the fact she was from Tops but supporting the Commons could have been interesting for the story, in my opinion.
I would have liked to see her again, with some more proeminent role.

Supporting the Commons despite being from the Tops sound more like a Yusei thing to me, although it would be nice if it were both of them. But again, we don't even know if Yusei even exist in that dimension.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 03:49 PM
Supporting the Commons despite being from the Tops sound more like a Yusei thing to me, although it would be nice if it were both of them. But again, we don't even know if Yusei even exist in that dimension.

It sounds like a Yusei thing, indeed. But Aki had a good heart. Her personality, even if she was from Tops, would make her care about the Commons. She was not bery different from Yusei when it comes to that. If I remember correctly, inn 5Ds, she had a kind personality towards other people. She enjoyed helping people. Specially weaker and needy people. Hence why she decided to become a doctor.
Yusei won't be here. I doubt he will appear. It would be a great plot-twist and would appeal to the audience, though. Everyone loves Yusei, I guess.

Never die
2nd December 2015, 05:17 PM
Aki had a kind personality against kids mostly,she was not that much sociable against other kinds of people.Also she became a doctor because in the past she used to hurt other people and now she helps them get better,kind in a way to make up for her past.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 07:37 PM
You're right.
But since in Arc-V it wouldn't make sense for her to have those Psychic powers, I guess she could have appeared with that late Aki personality.
I would have enjoyed to see her again, just that.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 08:21 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, Jack and Crow are probably in the series since any other character in their roles would be poor man's replacements. There are no roles for Yusei or Akiza's characters to play, though that doesn't mean that there aren't tons of references to them through other characters (227 to Trudge and Roget to Goodwin for example)

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 08:32 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again, Jack and Crow are probably in the series since any other character in their roles would be poor man's replacements. There are no roles for Yusei or Akiza's characters to play, though that doesn't mean that there aren't tons of references to them through other characters (227 to Trudge and Roget to Goodwin for example)

Now there isn't any space for Yusei or Aki. But they could have planned it so Aki would appear, making her a Tops but caring about the Commons. That was what I was trying to say. Don't know if I expressed myself the better way.
I perfectly agree they wouldn't fit now. Actually, I hope none of those appear now, it would be too far-fetched. Unless they really do something great, but... Nah.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 08:51 PM
Now there isn't any space for Yusei or Aki. But they could have planned it so Aki would appear, making her a Tops but caring about the Commons. That was what I was trying to say. Don't know if I expressed myself the better way.
I perfectly agree they wouldn't fit now. Actually, I hope none of those appear now, it would be too far-fetched. Unless they really do something great, but... Nah.

Ah, I apologize. But it was doubtful from the start that Yusei would show up given the number of similarities Yugo has with him.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 09:00 PM
Ah, I apologize. But it was doubtful from the start that Yusei would show up given the number of similarities Yugo has with him.

Yes, agreed. Though Yusei was way more mature than Yugo is.
And I never expected Yusei to appear, despite liking him a lot.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 09:34 PM
Yes, agreed. Though Yusei was way more mature than Yugo is.
And I never expected Yusei to appear, despite liking him a lot.

They have similarities, but they're also foils.

KingJinzo
2nd December 2015, 10:52 PM
They have similarities, but they're also foils.

True. Yuto, Yugo and Yuri have similarities with Yuma, Yusei and Judai, but they are also the opposite of them. Honestly, Yuma would be a much better character if he was like Yugo. Yes, Yugo, not Yuto. Since the core idea of ZEXAL main cast is having a duo, you can't have Yuto as the foil to Astral. Yugo's personality would make Yuma a much more likeable character. And if Yuma had ZEXAL II's design, people would take him more serious. Although, having Yugo's personality mixed with ZEXAL II's design would be an odd combination. ZEXAL II and ZEXAL III, hell even just ZEXAL had good "personalities", so no issues with them.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 11:03 PM
Considering the way the girls in Arc V are being treated, it's better Akiza didn't come back. Yuzu getting crushed. Selena getting help from Roger to win. That stuff would've made Arc V Akiza look bad because she is much better than that. Sure she could've been a much better and stronger character than Damon and Tony, but I bet they would've slotted her instead for Round 1 against Sergey in an all out Thorn duel with her getting crushed without Black Rose to hype Sergey up. Even tho we'd all like to see her back, we wouldn't want to see her back like that.

It would be refreshing tho to see a Tops character like Akiza tell the crowd of primarily Commons that she is a Tops but she sympathizes with the Commons and also wants a change. Because so far not one Tops member has sided with the Commons. Not even Jack Atlas

Mystic TimeKeeper
2nd December 2015, 11:07 PM
Considering the way the girls in Arc V are being treated, it's better Akiza didn't come back. Yuzu getting crushed. Selena getting help from Roger to Lose.

Thats' more like it considering how handicap duels usually goes.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 11:28 PM
Considering the way the girls in Arc V are being treated, it's better Akiza didn't come back. Yuzu getting crushed. Selena getting help from Roger to win. That stuff would've made Arc V Akiza look bad because she is much better than that. Sure she could've been a much better and stronger character than Damon and Tony, but I bet they would've slotted her instead for Round 1 against Sergey in an all out Thorn duel with her getting crushed without Black Rose to hype Sergey up. Even tho we'd all like to see her back, we wouldn't want to see her back like that.

I thought Arc-V was giving girls some power. But lately it doesn't seem like it. Which is sad for Aki, if she would appear. Although, just to make things clear, I don't think she'll appear.

It would be refreshing tho to see a Tops character like Akiza tell the crowd of primarily Commons that she is a Tops but she sympathizes with the Commons and also wants a change. Because so far not one Tops member has sided with the Commons. Not even Jack Atlas

My opinion exactly.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 11:33 PM

I wouldn't call the treatment of the girls bad per se. Heck, if episode 84 is anything to go by, Rin used to beat Yugo. Ad for Jack, I'm getting the feeling that he sees himself above such conflict.

KingKaash
2nd December 2015, 11:37 PM
They were at first no doubt. Selena looked like a major threat from the Fusion Dimension and Yuzu was progressing along well. But not lately. And Ruri and Rin have already been defeated by the Assassin. I wonder if they'll have Yuzu get a Synchro? I doubt it. But I find it weird she can't Xyz or Synchro or even Pendulum. She uses Fusion despite being a Standard girl and despite Yuto telling her Fusion doesn't suit her.

No it's way too late for Akiza now.

Sanokal
2nd December 2015, 11:52 PM
They were at first no doubt. Selena looked like a major threat from the Fusion Dimension and Yuzu was progressing along well. But not lately. And Ruri and Rin have already been defeated by the Assassin. I wonder if they'll have Yuzu get a Synchro? I doubt it. But I find it weird she can't Xyz or Synchro or even Pendulum. She uses Fusion despite being a Standard girl and despite Yuto telling her Fusion doesn't suit her.

No it's way too late for Akiza now.

Selena and Zuzu are still important, so their importance will hardly diminish. Zuzu can Pendulum just fine, she just doesn't have any yet, and she'll probably get them eventually.

Pendulum
2nd December 2015, 11:55 PM
Zuzu can Pendulum just fine, she just doesn't have any yet, and she'll probably get them eventually.

I don't know about that. How would she be able to get Pendulums? Reiji needs to go to LDS at Standard to make some for her. Unless he already made, but... Well, this is Anime, so yeah.
Hm... Some Melodious Pendulums... What kind of effects would those have?

KingKaash
3rd December 2015, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't call the treatment of the girls bad per se. Heck, if episode 84 is anything to go by, Rin used to beat Yugo. Ad for Jack, I'm getting the feeling that he sees himself above such conflict.

They still have time to repair the image of the girls. An image that isn't totally tarnished by any means but starting to diminsh nonetheless. And Jack is a King but all Kings are nothing without their subjects. The Executive Council claims that Jack bridged the societal gap between Tops and Commons but Commons like Crow think he's a traitor while Yugo idolizes him. The only contact he's come in with any other Commons on screen is Sam. And it's hard to dissect what exactly Jack was doing when he gave Sam the Tuning Magician. Sam sees it as Jack making fun of Sam for being a weak little Common. But we later saw that Jack was inspired by the same Tuning Magician card so that card has to mean a lot too him. Sure Jack isn't going to show sympathy but as a King, he should be searching for ways to help the poor Commons, especially the kids, live better lives. But he doesn't seem interested.

Sanokal
3rd December 2015, 12:23 AM
I don't know about that. How would she be able to get Pendulums? Reiji needs to go to LDS at Standard to make some for her. Unless he already made, but... Well, this is Anime, so yeah.

Hopefully some search effects...but really, consistent Pendulum Summoning to set up their effects is all the Melodious monsters really need from Pendulums. It wouldn't be the first time that Declan has been crazy-prepared.

LolsterXD97
3rd December 2015, 12:29 AM

Well, the girls treatment has been "better" in Arc-V compared to other series, Yuzu duels more than any other girl in Yu-Gi-Oh! I have seen (More than Aki in the entire 5ds if I remember), the Yuzus are plot devices or take important part in the story (Better than nothing) and the most important reason: More worthy waifu material. Indeed it is amazing that Serena and Yuzu could advance to the 2nd round of the FC.

KingKaash
3rd December 2015, 12:32 AM
Well, the girls treatment has been "better" in Arc-V compared to other series, Yuzu duels more than any other girl in Yu-Gi-Oh! I have seen (More than Aki in the entire 5ds if I remember), the Yuzus are plot devices or take important part in the story (Better than nothing) and the most important: More waifu material (Especially Ruri)-

So you'd prefer they be shown more even though when they are shown more, it usually makes them look weaker? You want that?

LolsterXD97
3rd December 2015, 12:33 AM
So you'd prefer they be shown more even though when they are shown more, it usually makes them look weaker? You want that?

What do you mean? That I want them to be shown more but being weaker at the same time? Absolutely no.

Pendulum
3rd December 2015, 12:33 AM
Hopefully some search effects...but really, consistent Pendulum Summoning to set up their effects is all the Melodious monsters really need from Pendulums. It wouldn't be the first time that Declan has been crazy-prepared.

Well, since they are Fusion themed, being Pendulums would also help recovering Fusion materials every turn, if you're fusing from the field.
Pairing that up with search effects, it would really bring a lot of advantages to Melodious.

KingKaash
3rd December 2015, 12:36 AM
What do you mean? That I want them to be shown more but being weaker at the same time? Absolutely no.

No not exactly. They are being shown more in this series like you say. But when they are shown it's not in the best light, atleast recently. Which is why we were saying if Aki was in this from the start of the Synchro arc, it wouldn't have matched her well

LolsterXD97
3rd December 2015, 12:40 AM

Melodious already benefit from touching the field being Special Summoned, I could imagine a Trump Witch for them to have another method to fuse besides Soprano or searching Poly with Tam-tam, or something which would benefit the Fusions.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2015, 01:34 AM
No not exactly. They are being shown more in this series like you say. But when they are shown it's not in the best light, atleast recently. Which is why we were saying if Aki was in this from the start of the Synchro arc, it wouldn't have matched her well

Compare this to Kotori, AKA the broken record with legs

The ARC V Girls are much MUCH better off, as they are more then walking props.
Part 1 Aki was the only other Female lead that really did anything significant. not only do we have 4 Females tied into the plot, 2 actually participated in the tourny and Made it to round 2, which is the first time since Mai that we got such a good showing without a plot device forcing it to happen (Aki had plot significance on her side, nothing is requiring Yuzu or Serena to win).

Even if they are losing at the end of the day.....that's to be expected, This is Standard Shonen formula here. go back a few months and say "female characters, yes plural, are doing good in a tourny" and you would have been laughed at for unrealistic expectations. doing more then they already have would basically require beating main characters at this point.

KingKaash
3rd December 2015, 06:11 AM
Compare this to Kotori, AKA the broken record with legs

The ARC V Girls are much MUCH better off, as they are more then walking props.
Part 1 Aki was the only other Female lead that really did anything significant. not only do we have 4 Females tied into the plot, 2 actually participated in the tourny and Made it to round 2, which is the first time since Mai that we got such a good showing without a plot device forcing it to happen (Aki had plot significance on her side, nothing is requiring Yuzu or Serena to win).

Even if they are losing at the end of the day.....that's to be expected, This is Standard Shonen formula here. go back a few months and say "female characters, yes plural, are doing good in a tourny" and you would have been laughed at for unrealistic expectations. doing more then they already have would basically require beating main characters at this point.

True Kotori is the worst female of all. The ultimate pom pom girl. I think she even used Dark Fairy Cheer Girl or something. Completely useless. These females are way ahead of that. They'll never stoop that low. And Tori will never be making any cameos in Arc V

Pendulum
3rd December 2015, 10:01 AM
And Tori will never be making any cameos in Arc V

Hopefully.
Unless she, somehow, learned to duel and is now the leader of the resistence or something. ... This would be really stupid.

KingJinzo
3rd December 2015, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't mind Kotori using The Agent deck. She has the second best AI among the five ZEXAL main characters in Tag Force Special.

Even though Yuzu lost to Sergey, the plot benefited from that. Not only for a future set-up against Sergey, but also Sora got the chance to take action and proved Yuya and Yuzu that he's going to change. Both of them insist him to stay away from Academia, and Yuzu even tells him that he doesn't truly belong there anymore. She told him that if he joins Academia again, the people he has cared for will suffer because of him, making him realize what pain he inflicted to Tsukikage. As you can see, Yuzu plays a major part in Sora' Heel-Face Turn.

Pendulum
3rd December 2015, 10:47 PM
Even though Yuzu lost to Sergey, the plot benefited from that. Not only for a future set-up against Sergey, but also Sora got the chance to take action and proved Yuya and Yuzu that he's going to change. Both of them insist him to stay away from Academia, and Yuzu even tells him that he doesn't truly belong there anymore. She told him that if he joins Academia again, the people he has cared for will suffer because of him, making him realize what pain he inflicted to Tsukikage. As you can see, Yuzu plays a major part in Sora' Heel-Face Turn.

Yeah, I agree.
It's really nice to see demale characters are getting more importance. She may have lost, but dueling isn't everything (I hope Kaiba, doesn't read this).
Yuzu may have lost, but she had to, so she could have that role. She created/creates a great impact in the series, in my opinion. And she is a strong character.
Besides, the other Yuzus are also important to the plot. They seem to be pieces to some evil plan. That means, unlike Kotori, they really matter for the series.
I like that. They are relevant, though in a different way than the guys, in general.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th December 2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I agree.
It's really nice to see demale characters are getting more importance. She may have lost, but dueling isn't everything (I hope Kaiba, doesn't read this).
Yuzu may have lost, but she had to, so she could have that role. She created/creates a great impact in the series, in my opinion. And she is a strong character.
Besides, the other Yuzus are also important to the plot. They seem to be pieces to some evil plan. That means, unlike Kotori, they really matter for the series.
I like that. They are relevant, though in a different way than the guys, in general.

The point is, they don't necessarily have to win, but Yuzu was totally owned that duel, and that ends to happen often to girls.

In another perspective, why can't we give a girl the role of a exceptional duelist without turning it into a joke sooner or later?

KingJinzo
4th December 2015, 05:59 PM
The point is, they don't necessarily have to win, but Yuzu was totally owned that duel, and that ends to happen often to girls.

In another perspective, why can't we give a girl the role of a exceptional duelist without turning it into a joke sooner or later?
Problem is that Sergey's deck is heavily focused on negated attacks or battle damage while taking costs and damage from his own cards. Yuzu's deck is not suited against a deck that constantly negates her attacks or negates battle damage. Bloom Diva would be very effective against Van Dali Zuma, but Yuzu tried to avoid taking burn damage by fusing all of her monsters and having a beatstick around, which later turns out to be a mistake. It was a very bad match-up for her.

Mystic TimeKeeper
4th December 2015, 06:04 PM
Problem is that Sergey's deck is heavily focused on negated attacks or battle damage while taking costs and damage from his own cards. Yuzu's deck is not suited against a deck that constantly negates her attacks or negates battle damage. Bloom Diva would be very effective against Van Dali Zuma, but Yuzu tried to avoid taking burn damage by fusing all of her monsters and having a beatstick around, which later turns out to be a mistake. It was a very bad match-up for her.

That would be true from a technical standpoint, but these kind of reasoning are always on a shaky grounds in anime since we see more people win against bad match-ups than lose. What I somewhat disliked is that Yuzu didn't see it coming, It was painfully obvious and she didn't even thought that the LP costs were part of the strategy.

If she realized that and at least tried to avoid that situation I'd have a different opinion on that fight.

ScionStorm
4th December 2015, 07:13 PM

She was lured into a trap and beaten by a sadistic psychopath because she was too distracted worrying about his safety and it affected her choices and actions. Because she'd never dueled anyone as psychotic as him. Does this really make her weak?

Dread Kaiser
4th December 2015, 07:19 PM

you missed a detail. up til that point, she had no reason to summon Bloom Diva
Bloom Diva works against strong monsters and til Vandali showed up he used nothing but 0 ATK, so using Prima's Multi Attack to attempt to end the duel as quickly as possible was the smartest move, with the information she had at the time.

when you are up against 0ATK.dek, you don't typically expect a Near-5K beater out of nowhere......actually you don't usually expect that kind of power out of nowhere against most decks

LolsterXD97
4th December 2015, 07:28 PM
Talking about Sergey, how do you think he would beat Serena and Jack just like Roger expects? His Deck handles various attacks, but Serena attacks like crazy with her Dancers and Jack would just rekt the 0 ATK Zuma with Scarlight.

Sanokal
4th December 2015, 07:43 PM
Talking about Sergey, how do you think he would beat Serena and Jack just like Roger expects? His Deck handles various attacks, but Serena attacks like crazy with her Dancers and Jack would just rekt the 0 ATK Zuma with Scarlight.

No doubt he's got more tricks up his sleeve that we haven't seen yet (his left sleeve).

KingJinzo
4th December 2015, 07:51 PM
If Sergey indeed duels Yugo, what can Yugo do? His Clear Wing obviously doesn't work on Sergey's monsters, although it can counter Van Dali Zuma (if her second effect can target). Or Crystal Wing might be an universal negator.

ScionStorm
4th December 2015, 08:01 PM
Sergey's batshit crazy. He's gonna bite the head off a crow before this tournament is over.

LolsterXD97
4th December 2015, 08:02 PM
If Sergey indeed duels Yugo, what can Yugo do? His Clear Wing obviously doesn't work on Sergey's monsters, although it can counter Van Dali Zuma (if her second effect can target). Or Crystal Wing might be an universal negator.

With Van Darli Zuma being Level 8, Clearwing can already counter it if Sergey even tries to activate its effect.

KingJinzo
4th December 2015, 08:35 PM
With Van Darli Zuma being Level 8, Clearwing can already counter it if Sergey even tries to activate its effect.

Forgot about that one. I confused Zuma's level with Van Dali Zuma's.

Dread Kaiser
4th December 2015, 11:00 PM

Cept VanDali's ATK score is a continous effect, he can most likely just run down clearwing anyway

wouldn't be able to OTK, but its already an out to ClearWing

LolsterXD97
4th December 2015, 11:02 PM
Cept VanDali's ATK score is a continous effect, he can most likely just run down clearwing anyway

wouldn't be able to OTK, but its already an out to ClearWing

I know, I meant the "Pay 100 LP to reduce a monster into 100 ATK" effect, because this is Yu-Gi-Oh!, the opponent never reads his enemy's cards, Sergey would try to activate that effect anyway.

ScionStorm
4th December 2015, 11:25 PM
I know, I meant the "Pay 100 LP to reduce a monster into 100 ATK" effect, because this is Yu-Gi-Oh!, the opponent never reads his enemy's cards, Sergey would try to activate that effect anyway.

I would like to see someone take the time to carefully read all their opponent's cards while driving a motorcycle down a highway with a 200ft drop on either side.

Hope in the Interstice
4th December 2015, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't mind Kotori using The Agent deck. She has the second best AI among the five ZEXAL main characters in Tag Force Special.
You know what? I'd like this. Kotori's VA actually duels and I think it might be fun for her to come back and play as someone who's actually a (quasi-)prominent duelist.

That would be true from a technical standpoint, but these kind of reasoning are always on a shaky grounds in anime since we see more people win against bad match-ups than lose. What I somewhat disliked is that Yuzu didn't see it coming, It was painfully obvious and she didn't even thought that the LP costs were part of the strategy.

If she realized that and at least tried to avoid that situation I'd have a different opinion on that fight.
Not to mention, if she saved Mozarta's attack for later on her second turn, she could've won.

LolsterXD97
4th December 2015, 11:32 PM
I would like to see someone take the time to carefully read all their opponent's cards while driving a motorcycle down a highway with a 200ft drop on either side.

Its shown they have a mini screen to read and place the cards, so they can, the side effects are another thing tho.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what? I'd like this. Kotori's VA actually duels and I think it might be fun for her to come back and play as someone who's actually a (quasi-)prominent duelist.

Not to mention, if she saved Mozarta's attack for later on her second turn, she could've won.

Even the order in which you attack is essential in some cases (Reminds me of Rank Domination used by Eliphas).

Dread Kaiser
4th December 2015, 11:44 PM

Read, yes, but opponents usually know to not run into the effects of protags ace monster after its debut
How many times did Stardust Dragons effect get used?

LolsterXD97
4th December 2015, 11:47 PM
Read, yes, but opponents usually know to not run into the effects of protags ace monster after its debut
How many times did Stardust Dragons effect get used?

More than I can count with my fingers.

Dread Kaiser
5th December 2015, 12:04 AM
More than I can count with my fingers.
Episodes:
4, 24, 26, 57, 64, 93 (failed), 102 (sorta, Via Dracoequeste)
and the threat of it made Lawton shit himself, but wasn't triggered as he tried to commence operation GTFO

you don't have 7 fingers?

LolsterXD97
5th December 2015, 12:07 AM
Episodes:
4, 24, 26, 57, 64, 93 (failed), 102 (sorta, Via Dracoequeste)
and the threat of it made Lawton shit himself, but wasn't triggered as he tried to commence operation GTFO

you don't have 7 fingers?

I have bad memory about some episodes of 5ds, but I'm sure I confused it with the times Hope was Summoned, sorry for that.

Dread Kaiser
5th December 2015, 12:09 AM
I have bad memory about the episodes of 5ds, but I'm sure I confused it with the times Hope was Summoned, sorry for that.

eh, we can't all have encyclopedia level knowledge of the franchise.....I do not have a problem

LolsterXD97
5th December 2015, 12:12 AM
eh, we can't all have encyclopedia level knowledge of the franchise.....I do not have a problem

Is not that I have bad memory, is just that I haven't watched 5ds since some years ago (But I might give it another view to remember one of the best Ygo Series).

KingKaash
5th December 2015, 03:05 AM

Totally agree that Yuzu is still setting up a lot of plot despite losing. I guess it's not always about winners and losers. Jeez I guess watching this Synchro Dimension stuff had almost changed my mind with how only winning mattering haha. It's so weird that I'm also starting to like Sora now. His parkour is off the charts and his monsters don't seem as annoying as they first were to me. At first I was like, really a dude using scary toys. I guess it's just growing on me. That or maybe seeing Dennis get Ancient-Geared in to obscurity made me appreciate Frightfur monsters more

KingJinzo
5th December 2015, 12:15 PM
Winning in ARC-V has become unsatisfying at some points. Yuya's latest victories aren't satisfying and have a bittersweet taste.

Hope in the Interstice
5th December 2015, 12:34 PM
Winning in ARC-V has become unsatisfying at some points. Yuya's latest victories aren't satisfying and have a bittersweet taste.
As usual for a Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist, Yuya cannot catch a break.

KingKaash
5th December 2015, 11:51 PM

Well victories only look good when the opponent is worthy of beating. Duel Chaser 227 was weak in my opinion. And I've never liked Shinji even tho his duel against Yuya used better cards than his duel with the ninja. If he beats Crow, would you be satisfied with that? For me personally, I won't. Crow is pretty good, but beating Sergey or Yugo means so much more to me. Just my opinion

KingJinzo
6th December 2015, 07:44 PM
Well victories only look good when the opponent is worthy of beating. Duel Chaser 227 was weak in my opinion. And I've never liked Shinji even tho his duel against Yuya used better cards than his duel with the ninja. If he beats Crow, would you be satisfied with that? For me personally, I won't. Crow is pretty good, but beating Sergey or Yugo means so much more to me. Just my opinion

It has nothing to do with satisfying us, but satisfying Yuya. None of those duels had a satisfying taste on Yuya's tongue. Yuya tried to tell people that enslaving the losers for life time is wrong. Not only did they ignore him, Yuya sent DC227 to the labour work, too, and he couldn't prevent that from happening. And Shinji was the next one, additionally, Shinji and the Commons hate him now and Yuya got Roger's attention, while Yuya was more worried about Yuzu's safety.

KingKaash
8th December 2015, 01:27 AM
It has nothing to do with satisfying us, but satisfying Yuya. None of those duels had a satisfying taste on Yuya's tongue. Yuya tried to tell people that enslaving the losers for life time is wrong. Not only did they ignore him, Yuya sent DC227 to the labour work, too, and he couldn't prevent that from happening. And Shinji was the next one, additionally, Shinji and the Commons hate him now and Yuya got Roger's attention, while Yuya was more worried about Yuzu's safety.

So will beating Crow satisfy Yuya in your opinion. I know for sure it'll satisfy Roger haha

KingJinzo
8th December 2015, 07:09 PM
So will beating Crow satisfy Yuya in your opinion. I know for sure it'll satisfy Roger haha

Why in my opinion? It's obvious that Yuya wasn't satisfied after beating DC227 and Shinji. Remember Judai vs Brron? Was he satisfied after losing Manjoume, Asuka, Fubuki and Kenzan and then being left alone by Sho, O'Brien and Jim? No, he didn't. He became the Haou after that. During the entire Friendship Cup, Yuya hasn't got a victory that felt really good to him. He's struggling because he has no control over the plot and the setting.

KingKaash
9th December 2015, 02:07 AM
He's struggling because he has no control over the plot and the setting.

And that's fine and dandy with me. The main character doesn't always need to be in the driver's seat. I feel like Reiji is the steering this ship anyways. If anyone gets to decide who gets to be a Lancer, it's going to be Reiji.

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 01:24 AM
So what do you guys think? Based on the preview for Episode 112, it seems that Kaito and Edo may become Lancers. Never would've thought Edo would.

Then again it is not entirely confirmed that Crow and Jack are Lancers. When the Reiji and the remaining Lancers do leave the Synchro Dimension, what's the guarantee that Jack and Crow come with them?

LolsterXD97
28th June 2016, 01:30 AM
If the returning characters ended being Lancers, I would rank them as:
1)Reiji.
2)Yuya.
3)Kaito.
4)Jack.
5)Edo.
6)Crow.
7)Sora.
8)Shun.
9)Reira
10)Sawatari.
11)Gongenzaka.
12)Tsukikage.

Honestly I see the returning characters becoming Lancers very possible, especially if they want to shill their cards before the Arc-V ends. Edo would spread the word of egao to his Dimension and Kaito will surely come with them to stop Fusion (unless he stays to take care of Shun). Crow and Jack are the odd ones, since they have nothing to do with the war, but I believe they will come to help Yuya.

SynjoDeonecros
28th June 2016, 01:30 AM
I really doubt that any of the doppelgangers will become Lancers; Crow and Atlas seem to be more needed in Synchro Dimension, so it's unlikely that they'll join the Lancers, let alone do any dimension-hopping. Kaito is a key member of the remaining Resistance, so he might join them temporarily, but not as a Lancer, and I see Aster becoming an inside man to the Resistance than an actual Lancer. I think we have all of the Lancers we will get, sadly, and out of them all, I think only a fraction of them will actually do anything as a Lancer.

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 01:36 AM
If the returning characters ended being Lancers, I would rank them as:
1)Reiji.
2)Yuya.
3)Kaito.
4)Jack.
5)Edo.
6)Crow.
7)Sora.
8)Shun.
9)Reira
10)Sawatari.
11)Gongenzaka.
12)Tsukikage.

I like both Kaito and Jack a lot but I gotta go with Jack over Kaito at 3. But we haven't seen Cipher's evolution (Cipher Blade Dragon I believe) so I may be speaking prematurely.

Also I didn't say for ranking but I like it.

Also I notice you omit Serena. You think Barrett will guide her back to the dark side?

Also are Sayaka and Allen mooks and therefore too weak to even be Lancers?

I really doubt that any of the doppelgangers will become Lancers; Crow and Atlas seem to be more needed in Synchro Dimension, so it's unlikely that they'll join the Lancers, let alone do any dimension-hopping. Kaito is a key member of the remaining Resistance, so he might join them temporarily, but not as a Lancer, and I see Aster becoming an inside man to the Resistance than an actual Lancer. I think we have all of the Lancers we will get, sadly, and out of them all, I think only a fraction of them will actually do anything as a Lancer.

I can see how none of them will be legit Lancers like you're saying. But how would they work out the remaining Resistance going against Academia separately from the Lancers? Two factions that have a common enemy should unite to strengthen their forces. That makes sense theoretically at least.

I do agree that only a few will make a difference. But seeing the weaker Lancers get carded will certainly provided balance in the sense that good guys can die too

LolsterXD97
28th June 2016, 01:43 AM
I like both Kaito and Jack a lot but I gotta go with Jack over Kaito at 3. But we haven't seen Cipher's evolution (Cipher Blade Dragon I believe) so I may be speaking prematurely.

Also I didn't say for ranking but I like it.

Also I notice you omit Serena. You think Barrett will guide her back to the dark side?

Also are Sayaka and Allen mooks and therefore too weak to even be Lancers?

Honestly the reason I put a ranking in my post, is that I confused this thread with the ranking one...

I'm omitting Serena just because I consider her captured, but I would put her before Reira.

I didn't consider Allen and Sayaka just because I consider them as weak as Tsukikage.

SynjoDeonecros
28th June 2016, 01:49 AM
I'm not saying the remaining Resistance won't join with the Lancers in an offensive against Academia, just that Aster and Kite likely won't join the Lancers, in order to better coordinate and strengthen the Resistance from within; they'll act as intermediaries between the Lancers and the Resistance, like Crow did between the Lancers and the Commons, and Jack did between the Lancers and the Council, but that's it.

King
28th June 2016, 02:16 AM
Its kinda funny seeing Reiji's Plan going backwards, his intention was to increase the Lancers Number, but ended the number ended up decreasing.

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 02:24 AM
Its kinda funny seeing Reiji's Plan going backwards, his intention was to increase the Lancers Number, but ended the number ended up decreasing.

Wait how is it decreasing? None of the main Lancers have been carded.

Sure the number of dependable, strong Lancers have decreased though as we've gone further through the show. Sawatari ain't what some of us thought he could be.

LolsterXD97
28th June 2016, 02:36 AM

Of course it is going to decrease, the strogenst ones will remain and the weakest ones shall be turned into pieces of cardboard.

King
28th June 2016, 02:39 AM
Wait how is it decreasing? None of the main Lancers have been carded.

Sure the number of dependable, strong Lancers have decreased though as we've gone further through the show. Sawatari ain't what some of us thought he could be.

Dennis was a betrayer
Selena was Teleported to Fusion Dimension

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 03:41 AM
Dennis was a betrayer
Selena was Teleported to Fusion Dimension

Ahh that is true.

Btw is it confirmed that Selena is in the Fusion Dimension? I might've missed that part..

King
28th June 2016, 03:43 AM
Ahh that is true.

Btw is it confirmed that Selena is in the Fusion Dimension? I might've missed that part..

If she was in Xyz Dimension, the Professor would order a group to bring her back.

Also i forgot to mention Reira, because he is not in the main team.

Sanokal
28th June 2016, 05:48 AM
Ahh that is true.

Zuzu thinks she is, but Barrett hit Xyz. That's all that is known.

KingKaash
28th June 2016, 10:59 PM
Zuzu thinks she is, but Barrett hit Xyz. That's all that is known.

This is what I remember hearing when there was that dispute about which button people were hitting on their duel disks. So now we have a conflict of ideas. Great. I guess we'll just have to wait for Selena's next on-screen appearance. My money is on the idea that she did land in the Fusion Dimension. I don't want that to happen but I think that will happen

Sanokal
28th June 2016, 11:04 PM
There's also Barrett's comment: "I wish that I could have brought you to the Professor myself"