PDA

View Full Version : Misak vs. Kozmo

SynjoDeonecros
3rd December 2015, 09:52 PM
Not exactly a ruling question, but more of a tech question: would Misak be a good tech against Kozmo in my Yosenju deck? Now, I know that, with the bigger ships, Misak's "pop a card upon Pendulum Summon" effect won't work, but I'm looking at its "kill any non-WIND monster through battle" effect. I know some people are looking at Samurai Cavalry of Reptier for that very effect to tech against Kozmo's bigger ships, but that monster is level 4, not level 6 like Misak, and while cards like Menkoto can mitigate the tribute for it, it's still a bit wonky, in that regard.

So, what do you guys think? Should Misak be considered as a good Kozmo tech for Yosenju, and if so, how many Misak?

Sanokal
3rd December 2015, 09:59 PM
Honestly I'd say misak over Reptier. Misak can be searched and then either Pendulum Summoned or Tribute Summoned at the end of a Weasel chain. You could probably get away with just one, unlike Reptier, which is usually run in triplicate (and Yosenju struggle for card space as is).
At least that's how I see it. Misak also works on their turn, unlike Reptier.

Dread Kaiser
3rd December 2015, 10:00 PM
then why'd you post it in a ruling forum....

and instead of going Misak, you may as well just use floodgates. though I suppose the autokill would be rather useful, I wouldn't bother with it

SynjoDeonecros
3rd December 2015, 10:14 PM
It was either post it here or in the main thread, and I thought this was the better of the two options. As for why not run more floodgates; I don't like Vanity's, because I keep on destroying it when I don't want to, and I don't have the funds for Lose 1 Turn, so I need to keep this budgeted. Besides, with the Kozmo boss monsters being immune to targeting effects, I can't really just pop them with my normal stuff, so autokilling them with Misak is tempting.

Momma_Sophie
4th December 2015, 03:57 PM
I think you should use Misak. If they can't damage you, then they cant search with Farmgirl.

The Yosenju will protect you from most of those monsters, except Dark Destroyer who will destroy Misak.

Until they get there, Misak is the best way to defend yourself from those Kozmo monsters. You should consider protecting him with card effects, too.

SynjoDeonecros
5th December 2015, 11:25 PM
I'm assuming you left out Dark Destroyer because it can use an effect to kill Misak, otherwise it'll still be killed by Misak's effect in a straight-up battle.