PDA

View Full Version : Card Discussion: Sky Iris

Aromaiden
8th December 2015, 12:06 AM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/0/0c/SkyIris-SDMP-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20151202231953

Sky Iris
Spell/Field
"Magician", "Performapal", and "Odd-Eyes" cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. You can target 1 other face-up card you control; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Odd-Eyes" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Sky Iris" once per turn.
Interesting and powerful card that will only get better as new Odd-Eyes cards are released (such as the possible Performapal Odd-Eyes or the manga Odd-Eyes). Being a Field Spell, it's searchable.

Yuuri
8th December 2015, 12:14 AM
In my opinion, it is a good card. It offers constant protection for Odd-Eyes/Performapal/Magician cards in the controller's Pendulum Zone, which is rather hard to come by for most Pendulum based decks. The ability to search for an "Odd-Eyes" card is pretty useful, too. Not only could a player add Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon to his/her hand, but he/she could add say, Odd-Eyes Fusion to their hand instead.

I normally run 2-3 in my deck since, it too, is searchable by Terraforming, and the protection is almost too good to pass up.

Dread Kaiser
8th December 2015, 12:49 AM
Odd-eyes deck, search your boss (or his spell) for a small "Cost", searchable, Scale Protection

Really not much to discuss on this one

Aromaiden
8th December 2015, 02:26 AM
We could discuss possible current and future uses for this card. It is after all a searchable means off popping cards with added on searching that provides extra protection. Imo, the only thing holding this card back is the cards it can currently search.

Yuuri
8th December 2015, 04:55 AM
We could discuss possible current and future uses for this card. It is after all a searchable means off popping cards with added on searching that provides extra protection. Imo, the only thing holding this card back is the cards it can currently search.

This is what I believe, as well. If it had more targets, then I could see far more use for it. As it currently stands, I use it to search out Odd-Eyes Fusion most of the time, as I only run 1 in my deck.

I hope it get more targets eventually; it is almost underappreciated.

Dread Kaiser
8th December 2015, 06:02 AM
This is what I believe, as well. If it had more targets, then I could see far more use for it. As it currently stands, I use it to search out Odd-Eyes Fusion most of the time, as I only run 1 in my deck.

I hope it get more targets eventually; it is almost underappreciated.

well duh, Searching effects are defined by what they can search
like I said, not much to discuss here

R3QU13M
8th December 2015, 07:50 AM
Encourages a Malefic build too, if one chooses to do so.

Jolan
8th December 2015, 08:28 AM
The cost of popping your own cards is also important to note as floating pendulums being poppable via Sky Iris is incredibly, ahem, ''fun'', I would say. Opening with Terraforming and Plushfire means I'm given incredible setup in a cheap deck that I made from 3 sets of the MoP Structure Deck and some Performage commons I had.

Jakinus
8th December 2015, 02:05 PM
It's also worth mentioning that it's "cost" is to pop a face-up card, so you can "pay" the "cost" of this "card" (ok I stop) with continuous spells/traps like Fiendish Chains, The Phantom trap cards, Accelerator Reload, Floodgates...

Volteccer
8th December 2015, 05:19 PM
It's also worth mentioning that it's "cost" is to pop a face-up card, so you can "pay" the "cost" of this "card" (ok I stop) with continuous spells/traps like Fiendish Chains, The Phantom trap cards, Accelerator Reload, Floodgates...

Or a scale you don't need anymore. Say, use Monkeyboard, get Skullcrobat, pop Mokeyboard for Odd-Eyes, then set Pendulum Sorcerer in your now empty right scale.

KingJinzo
8th December 2015, 07:17 PM
Not only Odd-Eyes Fusion, but also Odd-Eyes Advent. In combination with Skullcrobat Joker, you get an instant Ritual set-up if you're able to Ritual Summon a Level 7 monster. I hope there will be good Odd-Eyes Trap Cards in the future.