PDA

View Full Version : The SHVI Poster

Organization Messenger
10th December 2015, 02:50 AM
10th December 2015 02:44 AM

The SHVI Poster (http://ygorganization.com/the-shvi-poster/)
Besides Mr. Crystal Wing

http://i2.wp.com/ultraimg.com/images/12313751_553695958114445_6409738613234120645_n.jpg ?w=605
The Poster
http://i0.wp.com/ultraimg.com/images/CV1Fo9aUEAEe-Dw.jpg?w=605
Digital Bug Rhinocebus
Rank 7 LIGHT Insect-Type Xyz Effect MonsterLight Insect / Xyz / Effect
RK7 2600/2200
Materials: 2 or more Level 7 LIGHT Insect-Type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from a Rank 5 or 6 Xyz Monster you control, then using that Xyz Monster as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)
(1) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
(2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy the monster your opponent controls with the highest DEF.
http://i0.wp.com/ultraimg.com/images/CV1IlnCUAAEX8ni.jpg?w=605
Hikari no Reidou / Light Mausoleum
Field Spell Card
(1) During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; send 1 Normal Monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, that target gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Level that sent monster has in the Graveyard.
(3) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 “Burst Stream of Destruction” from your Deck to your hand.
http://i0.wp.com/ultraimg.com/images/CV1I7PCUsAARO0E.jpg?w=605
Raid Raptors – Booster Strix / Raidraptor – Booster Strix
Level DARK Winged Beast-Type
(1) When a “Raidraptor” monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can banish this card from yoru hand; destroy that attacking monster.
http://i2.wp.com/ultraimg.com/images/CV1I8cmUkAAEjZq.jpg?w=605
Entermate Odd-Eyes Unicorn / Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn
Level 1 LIGHT Beast-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 100
DEF 600
Pendulum Scale 8
Pendulum Effect:
(1) When an “Odd-Eyes” monster you control declares an attack: You can target 1 “Performapal” monster you control, excep that attacking monster; that attacking monster gains ATK equal to that target’s original ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.
Monster Effect:
(1) When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 “Performapal” monster in your Graveyard; gain LP equal to that monster’s ATK.
The Organization - Ending Misinformation (http://ygorganization.com)

Read on YGOrganization.com (http://ygorganization.com/the-shvi-poster/)

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 02:50 AM
Now migrating here, let the fun begin.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 02:51 AM
I like what I see

Ciphermask
10th December 2015, 02:52 AM
I'm happy with Crystal Wing, the field spell is decent for Blue-Eyes, and that Xyz isn't bad either. I'm not too sure about the last two yet, so I'll need some time to test them out.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 02:53 AM
so its any Rank 5 or 6, frozen lady style

so its Quick effect smashing ground on Gaia Dragoons

Aromaiden
10th December 2015, 02:54 AM
Unicorn has no scale restriction and Sky Iris now has a much better target.
Light Mausoleum is really good for BE.

LolsterXD97
10th December 2015, 02:57 AM
The Xyz is nice for a Rank-Up, Booster Strix is the Ruri Handtrap and Unicorn helps Odd-Eyes OTK, that Spell also benefits the BW Tuners greatly.

The Sonic Duck
10th December 2015, 02:57 AM
The blue Eyes field spell is nice. I'm sure the extra normal summon will be more useful if anymore tuners get revealed and the artwork confirms at least one more. the pitch effect is nice just so always have a blue eyes in grave and help your blue eyes run over anything they cant already. And the search eff might justify running Burst stream at 1, but I feel that's up to personal preference since tcg already has Raigeki which does the same thing without any drawback.

Digital Bug is curious card. It's alright on it's own as is but Digital Bug might become it's own Archetype or series which makes it stronger.

Booster strix is a very intriguing hand trap for the deck. One which I will have to test to see if its worth it.

The odd-eyes Performapal is alright, Being searchable by 2 different archetype certainly helps. Would be interesting to see if Odd-eyes will no longer need Magicians as much if this gets more than just The Odd-Eyes Phoenix.

*edit* I'm stupid. I just realized that the field spell lets you consistently trigger Maiden and Priestess effects. +1 for team Blue-Eyes.

King
10th December 2015, 03:00 AM
Digital Bug Rhinocebus my new toy to my EMEm Deck konami stop doing amazing stuff at least they kept me to buy 2 or more packs of cigarretes

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:06 AM
With the Blue-Eyes field spell (1), I predict potential double tuning or synchro laddering, which is always a good thing. The (2) effect is amazing, a free target for your Eyes of Blue monsters, and you dump a BEWD to grave immediately. The (3) is....eh, I guess, but it might be interesting to see exactly how much Burst Stream spam is viable. You can always pop a burst stream, then synchro/contact fusion your BEWD anyway!

I'm confused as to how you're supposed to make Digital Bug. Rank 7 decks, sure, but detaching 2 material from a rank 5/6? Sounds quite tough, unless you are playing a Rank 5/6 deck, of which I know a total of 0. HOWEVER, it is rank 5/6/7 support AND insect support. All of these are very appreciated.

Booster Strix is a silly handtrap, why would you give me a worse Honest? Blackwings can double their attack strength, causing the monster to die regardless, and can be activated in the Damage Step. Not to mention this banishes itself over discarding like Honest. Why would I want to banish my Raidraptors, I can't target them with Sharp Lanius ??

I have no thoughts on the Unicorn. It's a Sky Iris target but is it worth searching this over OE Fusion or OEPD?

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:08 AM
With the Blue-Eyes field spell (1), I predict potential double tuning or synchro laddering, which is always a good thing. The (2) effect is amazing, a free target for your Eyes of Blue monsters, and you dump a BEWD to grave immediately. The (3) is....eh, I guess, but it might be interesting to see exactly how much Burst Stream spam is viable. You can always pop a burst stream, then synchro/contact fusion your BEWD anyway!

Well for the 3rd effect of the Field Spell, think of it as a searchable, YET CONDITIONAL Raigeki in a way.

Aromaiden
10th December 2015, 03:11 AM
I have no thoughts on the Unicorn. It's a Sky Iris target but is it worth searching this over OE Fusion or OEPD?
I'd say yes. The only real downside to Unicorn is its level.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm confused as to how you're supposed to make Digital Bug. Rank 7 decks, sure, but detaching 2 material from a rank 5/6? Sounds quite tough, unless you are playing a Rank 5/6 deck, of which I know a total of 0.

believe it or not, other rank using decks existed at some point
Chronomolies, Mecha Phantom Beasts, Constellars, anything that used Gaia Dragoon.

more curious is the LIGHT lv7 insect requirement. none exist

meaning there will be more stuff here for it

AccelRainbowDashley
10th December 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm so bloody excited for Odd-Eyes Unicorn. Looks like they removed the OPT clause that the anime version had as well. I absolutely cannot wait for the sims to add it. They changed the monster effect as well, much better than it was before. Hopefully Light Phoenix gets similar treatment and is buffed to playability, but I wouldn't be too upset if it wasn't.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:13 AM

ZOMG a NOT LEVEL 4 PENDULUM?

more seriously, its not something you'd want around as a monster anyway, there is no shortage of R4NK fodder so I'm glad they aren't making everything level 4 for the sake of it

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:15 AM
Chronomolies, Mecha Phantom Beasts, Constellars, anything that used Gaia Dragoon.

I'm just going to make the joke here that this is Kabuterimon, so when's Mega-Kabuterimon, Kuwagamon, etc.

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:15 AM
Well for the 3rd effect of the Field Spell, think of it as a searchable, YET CONDITIONAL Raigeki in a way.

Yet a Raigeki that just limits your normal BEWD from attacking, not your synchros or your Alternate Dragon (unsure), whereas the contact fusion relies on dual-attacking monsters anyway :/

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:17 AM
Yet a Raigeki that just limits your normal BEWD from attacking, not your synchros or your Alternate Dragon (unsure), whereas the contact fusion relies on dual-attacking monsters anyway :/

Well that downside's been around forever, so hey, take what we can get.

AccelRainbowDashley
10th December 2015, 03:17 AM

Alternate would be locked out of attacking, too. It's name becomes BEWD while on the field.

aera644
10th December 2015, 03:18 AM
Well at least you can say we have better art work that Red-eyes.

ScionStorm
10th December 2015, 03:20 AM
Anybody have a picture of the Xyz bug that doesn't have a glare hiding the set number?

The Sonic Duck
10th December 2015, 03:20 AM

Chances are Digital Bug is either going to be an Archetype or series. It was the same when the Shiranui tuner was revealed and it didn't specify an archetype so we weren't sure at first.

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:21 AM

Surprisingly I entered YuGiOh just before Crossed Souls so I wasn't even aware of Chronomaly, Mecha Phantom Beast or Constellars because nobody ever played those. So far I've only had 1 MPBeast player, and they seem to be Synchros? I legit haven't seen a rank deck that isn't rank 4. Or 7.

When this card is Special Summoned, the text says, yet I can't think of any reliable way to do so. Friendonkey? Pendulum summoning is out of the question.

AccelRainbowDashley
10th December 2015, 03:21 AM
That new Raidraptor is nice, too. Wish it didn't banish itself, though.

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:22 AM
Anybody have a picture of the Xyz bug that doesn't have a glare hiding the set number?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/46248021.html
SHVI JP056

Baroque
10th December 2015, 03:22 AM
I'm confused as to how you're supposed to make Digital Bug. Rank 7 decks, sure, but detaching 2 material from a rank 5/6? Sounds quite tough, unless you are playing a Rank 5/6 deck, of which I know a total of 0. HOWEVER, it is rank 5/6/7 support AND insect support. All of these are very appreciated.
I can only imagine that it'll end up in its own archetype -- however, there's a silly idea that occurred to me that might make it worthwhile to have at least one of him in a particular other deck: Raidraptors!
Raid Force can turn him into Satellite Cannon Falcon, and you can make the Bug itself off Blaze Falcon.

. . . okay, yeah, I'm clearly stretching here. But even ignoring older Rank 5- or 6-capable archetypes' capacity to run him as an alternative to Gaia, the guy does at least have some uses.

I'd say it'd be a nice thing to fetch if you need to get OEPD out of your Extra Deck (read: opponent has busted Skullcrobat) and aren't in any particular need of Vortex at the moment, or are needing one of your Odd-Eyes monsters to destroy something hefty. In fact, on that note, even beyond that it'd be something you could fetch with Skullcrobat instead of another Skullcrobat so that you can use your other Skullcrobats for their Monster Effect rather than their scales, and can let the Skullcrobat that fetched it serve as a clean 1800 ATK boost for your Odd-Eyes monster(s). Multiple times, if you happen to have more than one swinging or have one that's able to swing more than once. I'd say it's going to definitely be worth at least some consideration going forward.

Ciphermask
10th December 2015, 03:23 AM
Surprisingly I entered YuGiOh just before Crossed Souls so I wasn't even aware of Chronomaly, Mecha Phantom Beast or Constellars because nobody ever played those. So far I've only had 1 MPBeast player, and they seem to be Synchros? I legit haven't seen a rank deck that isn't rank 4. Or 7.

When this card is Special Summoned, the text says, yet I can't think of any reliable way to do so. Friendonkey? Pendulum summoning is out of the question.

I honestly feel sorry for you.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:27 AM

Tragic shit here

ok brief history lesson
R4NK wasn't always THE rank, originally Rank 3 was the thing, then 7, then 4
4 was always relevant, but no where near what it is now

aera644
10th December 2015, 03:27 AM
I want to say an archetype just looking at the back ground art work we haven't had a legit Insect in ...... dam I cant even remember a legit Insect archetype.

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:28 AM
I'd say it'd be a nice thing to fetch if you need to get OEPD out of your Extra Deck (read: opponent has busted Skullcrobat) and aren't in any particular need of Vortex at the moment, or are needing one of your Odd-Eyes monsters to destroy something hefty. In fact, on that note, even beyond that it'd be something you could fetch with Skullcrobat instead of another Skullcrobat so that you can use your other Skullcrobats for their Monster Effect rather than their scales, and can let the Skullcrobat that fetched it serve as a clean 1800 ATK boost for your Odd-Eyes monster(s). Multiple times, if you happen to have more than one swinging or have one that's able to swing more than once. I'd say it's going to definitely be worth at least some consideration going forward.

Wow, that's not a bad idea. I can boost an OE Absolute and make it swing twice with Trapeze Magician. With the 1800 boost from a Skullcrobat, 4600 atk power can run over the largest of monsters. Seems like Unicorn does allow for more utility...and yeah, the scale 8 with no restrictions is also great, which means I can try using a Performapal engine over the MoP Magician engine if I want to.

At first glance, Unicorn is actually pretty good. Lots of potential there.

aera644
10th December 2015, 03:28 AM
Chances are Digital Bug is either going to be an Archetype or series. It was the same when the Shiranui tuner was revealed and it didn't specify an archetype so we weren't sure at first.
I want to say an archetype just looking at the background art work we haven't had a legit Insect in ...... dam I cant even remember a legit Insect archetype.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:29 AM
I want to say an archetype just looking at the back ground art work we haven't had a legit Insect in ...... dam I cant even remember a legit Insect archetype.

Inzektors, thats about it really
thats the only pure insect archetype, though there are plenty of series. Ultimate insect and the ever classic Great Moth, Spiders, ...and thats about it too

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:31 AM

So basically you haven't experienced D-Ruler era. I came in the game AFTER they died, but I still experienced it because apparently it's like a rite of initiation for the new players for our group of friends, just it took me a LONG time to face them because lel reasons.

MPB's are basically Xyz/Synchro based fyi

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:33 AM
So basically you haven't experienced D-Ruler era. I came in the game AFTER they died, but I still experienced it because apparently it's like a rite of initiation for the new players for our group of friends, just it took me a LONG time to face them because lel reasons.

MPB's are basically Xyz/Synchro based fyi

Mostly Xyz, they were one of those rare archetypes that got a LOT of support and can be surprisingly flexible

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:34 AM
Mostly Xyz, they were one of those rare archetypes that got a LOT of support and can be surprisingly flexible

Yeah, but somewhat not too recently when they got Jacusl-whateveritsnameis I'm calling it Jakuzure, it kinda helped the deck

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:36 AM
I honestly feel sorry for you.

Is the story of my entry into YuGiOh that bad? ;A;

Tragic shit here

ok brief history lesson
R4NK wasn't always THE rank, originally Rank 3 was the thing, then 7, then 4
4 was always relevant, but no where near what it is now

HOW TRAGIC IS IT...that I never thought there were any relevant XYZ monsters that aren't Rank 4 or 7 :(
I want to build PK once they come out so I've been looking at Rank 3, but....they're quite devoid of useful cards. Where is my Castel or 101?!

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:37 AM
I think we may need to start a history of YGO Meta 101 on a different thread here as to explain some of this crap

Devocrown
10th December 2015, 03:38 AM
So Unicorn is probably the next best thing for the odd eyes deck
- generic scale 8, cuz we need more of those in the deck
- easily searchable by Sky Iris, Monkeyboard, Skullcrobat, etc.
- Beast so you can go into Beast Eyes plays if you want
- it's considered Odd Eyes so you can Odd eyes fusion with it for Vortex, and can even use fusions second effect if this is in the extra deck, how to get it to the extra deck you ask?
- Wavering eyes has a new best friend

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:39 AM

HOW TRAGIC IS IT...that I never thought there were any relevant XYZ monsters that aren't Rank 4 or 7 :(
I want to build PK once they come out so I've been looking at Rank 3, but....they're quite devoid of useful cards. Where is my Castel or 101?!

the worst part is, you aren't that far off
add in a brief spotlight for 5 and 8 and thats basically it

Ciphermask
10th December 2015, 03:42 AM
Inzektors and their rank 5s were some powerful stuff for a while and rank 3 was a dominating force with Wind-Ups and a were used in a few others decks. Not to mention Burning Abyss, which were pretty powerful as well. And they were more recent.

- - - Updated - - -

You also never saw the format of Dragon Rulers versus Spellbooks featuring Spellbook of Judgment.

Destiny91
10th December 2015, 03:42 AM

It's set number 56 and BE Spirit Dragon is 52 so we have 3 monsters between them.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 03:44 AM
Inzektors and their rank 5s were some powerful stuff for a while and rank 3 was a dominating force with Wind-Ups and a were used in a few others decks. Not to mention Burning Abyss, which were pretty powerful as well. And they were more recent.

you somehow didn't mention tour guide
or that early TCG xyz ruling where Xyz materials were "On the field" making Sangan insane

but we are starting to get off topic, lets not do that

Aromaiden
10th December 2015, 03:44 AM
Interesting little side note. If PP wanted to, they could run Apex Avian as they now have a reasonable scale to help summon it.

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:47 AM
or that early TCG xyz ruling where Xyz materials were "On the field" making Sangan insane

Yeah. Time to make the thread then on the history of YGO Meta, debating on where to put it. Probably anywhere goes to discuss both. ANYWAYS, Blue Eyes field spell, has an old man, probably another tuna

Ciphermask
10th December 2015, 03:48 AM

I don't know how I could forget that. Oh gosh... he never saw TeleDAD either...

That's a can of worms for another thread though.

Sanokal
10th December 2015, 03:49 AM
Hmm...I wonder...is that Digital Bug supposed to assist Kyoji's Numbers? Bit of a stretch I know, seeing as we only know of the Seven Sins, but...

Jolan
10th December 2015, 03:52 AM
You also never saw the format of Dragon Rulers versus Spellbooks featuring Spellbook of Judgment.
I mostly played vs Spellbook of Judgement in the YgoPro AI, and I don't support anyone wanting that thing unbanned. It's grossly overpowered.

I don't know how I could forget that. Oh gosh... he never saw TeleDAD either...

That's a can of worms for another thread though.

Nope, I haven't seen TeleDAD either so I'd appreciate a thread about old metas, like a history lesson, so we don't deviate here.

ANYWAY...

- Beast so you can go into Beast Eyes plays if you want

Wouldn't that make Beast Eyes burn for.....100 LP?

ScionStorm
10th December 2015, 03:52 AM
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/46248021.html
SHVI JP056

Thankyou. 56 hmm....

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:54 AM
I mostly played vs Spellbook of Judgement in the YgoPro AI, and I don't support anyone wanting that thing unbanned. It's grossly overpowered.

Nope, I haven't seen TeleDAD either so I'd appreciate a thread about old metas, like a history lesson, so we don't deviate here.

Wouldn't that make Beast Eyes burn for.....100 LP?

http://ygorganization.com/forum/showthread.php/717-The-History-of-the-YGO-Meta-OCG-TCG

Here you go, let everyone start on this. And yes, just 100 burn.

ScionStorm
10th December 2015, 03:59 AM
It's set number 56 and BE Spirit Dragon is 52 so we have 3 monsters between them.

So maybe one other original Synchro in this set and then Ultimate Falcon and Shadow Maker then this Xyz beetle.

TheRamenNoodle
10th December 2015, 04:05 AM
Hmm. I was going to comment how you could summon Mayo, MP2 Diamond, and put the bug on it, but apparently it only can be summoned with a Lv 5 or 6 Insect Xyz now.

ScionStorm
10th December 2015, 04:11 AM
Is anybody going to comment on the disappointing fact that there is only going to be 2 anime spell cards in this set?

Maybe they'll have like, 7 or 8 anime traps to compensate.

Destiny91
So maybe one other original Synchro in this set and then Ultimate Falcon and Trapeze Magician then this Xyz beetle.

Ultimate Falcon is almost sure to be in the Set, and I think you mean Shadow Maker. and about Shadow Maker, I'm not sure it will be in the set, unless they reveal the level 5 Pendulum Clowns

Hope in the Interstice
Hmm...I wonder...is that Digital Bug supposed to assist Kyoji's Numbers? Bit of a stretch I know, seeing as we only know of the Seven Sins, but...
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the Digital Bugs are SHVI's unique archetype, like Aromas, Graydles, and Shiranui. As for Rhinocebus specifically... looks like an archetype-specific Thunder Charger with a Smashing Ground effect, as was said previously. Not much to say.

Light Mausoleum is definitely going to beef Blue-Eyes decks like mad. That extra Normal Summon alone makes Sage Knight a hell of a lot more powerful and the second effect triggers both Priestess and Maiden. You can also use it for anything else to give it an 800 ATK boost to help it run over some more troublesome targets.

Booster Strix doesn't really contribute to any combos and banishes itself so Raidraptor - Nest can't fish it back. Being able to destroy an opponent's monster as a hand trap is cool, though. I might tech in one copy.

Odd-Eyes Unicorn needs testing. I like the idea of an unrestricted searchable Scale 8, mind you.

Destiny91
10th December 2015, 04:15 AM
Is anybody going to comment on the disappointing fact that there is only going to be 2 anime spell cards in this set?

Maybe they'll have like, 7 or 8 anime traps to compensate.

Actually, about the Traps, I have mixed feelings about Re-Dice...I think a card that depends on luck is not a big help if they want Speedroid to become something good. But Yugo finished last episode with a face-down card, so I really hope it's a Counter Trap.

For Spells we'll surely get Skip Force and maybe something from Crow

ScionStorm
10th December 2015, 04:16 AM
Ultimate Falcon is almost sure to be in the Set, and I think you mean Shadow Maker. and about Shadow Maker, I'm not sure it will be in the set, unless they reveal the level 5 Pendulum Clowns

Dammit. I just corrected that post. The Level 5 Pmages like Wing Sandwichman and Wind Sucker? We know Dennis had at least two sandwichmen in his deck.

Destiny91
10th December 2015, 04:19 AM
Dammit. I just corrected that post. The Level 5 Pmages like Wing Sandwichman and Wind Sucker? We know Dennis had at least two sandwichmen in his deck.

I think 53 will be an original non-Anime Synchro, 54 will be Ultimate Falcon and 55 will be a Rank 5/6 Insect that goes together with 56

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
10th December 2015, 05:02 AM
More cards for Red-Eyes !!!!

PD: I need that fucking beetle ¿This could be the begening of a new archetype? Because i like that bug

Baroque
10th December 2015, 05:04 AM
On the one hand, somewhat disappointed that the R7 requires Insect-type Xyz now (there goes the potential funny business I was contemplating and posted about prior).

On the other hand, I'm somewhat glad to have a reason to poke around at Inzektors again for a while.

Brightshine Stardust
10th December 2015, 06:04 AM
Rhinocebus' alternate summoning condition is interesting.

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from a Rank 5 or 6 Xyz Monster you control, then using that Xyz Monster as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)

So basically, unless you want a Rhinocebus with only 1 Xyz Material, you'll need to control a Rank 5 / 6 with at least 3 materials or more......not to mention there's the "problem" of having to waste 2 materials just to summon Rhinocebus.

There has to be a reason why they gave it such a peculiar alternate summoning condition.

Dread Kaiser
10th December 2015, 06:45 AM
Rhinocebus' alternate summoning condition is interesting.

So basically, unless you want a Rhinocebus with only 1 Xyz Material, you'll need to control a Rank 5 / 6 with at least 3 materials or more......not to mention there's the "problem" of having to waste 2 materials just to summon Rhinocebus.

There has to be a reason why they gave it such a peculiar alternate summoning condition.

Its not like its the first time, see Number 21, who has a near identical summoning condition (detaches 1 mat)

Baroque
10th December 2015, 07:00 AM
Rhinocebus' alternate summoning condition is interesting. So basically, unless you want a Rhinocebus with only 1 Xyz Material, you'll need to control a Rank 5 / 6 with at least 3 materials or more......not to mention there's the "problem" of having to waste 2 materials just to summon Rhinocebus.
Well, even him with only 1 Xyz Material is still sommat useful -- he can mow through monsters' DEF, so you'll want to throw them into that position, and if anything nice and fat gets summoned to stop him (either in Attack Position with the intent of smashing him up or in Defense Position to stonewall him) you'll be able to punch through it if it isn't one of the ones that have the magic combination of 'stronger/fatter than he can handle' and 'unable to be handled by Smashing Ground'.

Well, I imagine the archetype will probably be keen on churning out Level 5 or 6 monsters of some sort or other, unless it actually does consist of Level 7 LIGHT Insect-types and they just wanted to have him also available for Inzektors.

I'm already sorely tempted to find some way to have Inzektors pull off that Quasar gag the Nekroz used to pull and have 'Xyz Summon The Bus' at the end of it, though I know full well that's silly and wasteful.

Matt Mahoney
10th December 2015, 07:46 AM
One of my all time favorite cards Sakuretsu Armor has been rendered total obsolete with the dawn of Dimensional Prison
That being said........I have no idea why anyone would run Booster Strix over something like Mirror Force....
Yes....we can say that Raidraptors can tend to be monster heavy in the hand but a single destruction effect like this in 2015
is really just a waste of time....... :/

darkgod789
10th December 2015, 07:55 AM
You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from a Rank 5 or 6 Insect-Type Xyz Monster you control. This ruins the beetle for me unless we get the archetype.

The raidraptor card isn't bad. You basically get the effect by banishing it instead of discarding it and detaching 2 materials to negate the attack and destroy the target.

The field spell is a semi dragon ravine for blue-eyes THAT WORKS with maiden. Its pretty good. First effect makes it a bit easier to go for first turn spirit dragon which isn't bad. Priestess is still meh but I guess it gives you more reason to use 1 copy of her. (shrugs).

Unicorn is just what I needed for my performapal deck. A scale 8 that can be searched by monkeyboard AND gives odd-eyes more attack. Don't forget he also deals double damage when attacking a monster so it would make the otk a bit more easier.

Augus
10th December 2015, 08:02 AM
Yeah, more Ruri Raptors (even if I'll probably never use Booster Strix). Now I want Skip Force and Sanctuary!

Zarkiel
10th December 2015, 08:13 AM
Well I don't think the field spell is going to make me run burst stream, but its definitely worth a try. with all the searching and milling, I'm starting to question if I need white stone any more.

Omnikaiser
10th December 2015, 08:30 AM
Maybe a weird question but, do you people know if there's a way to buy these posters somewhere ?
Some are cool so, just asking.

yshipster
10th December 2015, 11:11 AM
Actually, about the Traps, I have mixed feelings about Re-Dice...I think a card that depends on luck is not a big help if they want Speedroid to become something good. But Yugo finished last episode with a face-down card, so I really hope it's a Counter Trap.

For Spells we'll surely get Skip Force and maybe something from Crow

I thought about RUM - Skip Force and RR - Sanctuary, but that would mean we won't see any other anime Spells in here, despite Shun's. On the other hand, were theer any other relevant Spells besides Shun's?

EDIT: Forgot RR - Rapid Xyz, but I'm not sure about that one, despite that it would be better than RR - Booster Strix

Actually, I have the feeling that we'll get all of Dennis' Pendulum cards at once, along with Shadow Maker. And since there are more than 10 cards (I guess, I did not actually count them), it is very unlikely that they are in a regular booster... (Booster SP: Entertainment Edition (ft. EM and Em) incoming...)

Comun
10th December 2015, 01:15 PM
I'm really disappointed with the beetle. As my main deck is a R5NK one (Artifacts, which no one mentioned in this thread, shame on all of you), I thought I would be getting a new asset, but I would have to fit in a Insect I still don't have and waste 2 materials just to get a fourth Gaia Dragon, which is a monster I only use after I already wasted all the materials of a more useful Rank 5 anyway. Smashing Ground is nice, but this monster is overall not worth it.

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:22 PM
Wow I just realized: The bug doesn't target on the last effect apparently if I get this right. Kageboshi/Flutist get rekt?

Edit: Forgot about Soulfire Suit or whoever, whoops.

LolsterXD97
10th December 2015, 03:24 PM
Wow I just realized: The bug doesn't target on the last effect apparently if I get this right. Kageboshi/Flutist get rekt?

Frozen Lady Justice does that better by nuking all of them.

ARKhaven
10th December 2015, 03:25 PM

Yeah true. But now I can have more SHS hate against my friend :D

But joking aside, yeah no I ain't running this. Just thought it was interesting on the wording, thought it was target again. Hell, I'm more inclined to make this thing into a token

Baroque
10th December 2015, 09:37 PM

Perhaps, but she also suffers stat loss for doing so; in the case of this Data Bug fella, it's a Quick Effect, doesn't care about position, and he doesn't lose anything for it other than the material. Getting him out might be a bit tricksy until we see what the rest of his maybe-an-archetype has to offer, but he at least has that to offer.

Drakylon
10th December 2015, 10:08 PM
Unicorn makes Pendulum more feasible for Level 6 and 7 decks, since it's easier to search out than Dragonpit Magician and works with Monkeyboard to make scales 1-8. It also gives Performapal itself a way to Pendulum its Level 6s without resorting to La Panda or temporary scale changes. You can also place 2 Unicorns on your Zone, then activate them each once targeting a Rune-Eyes you control. Pretty strong card, even without factoring in its monster effect. Only issue is its Level, which means you pretty much aren't summoning it ever.

Baroque
10th December 2015, 10:22 PM
You can also place 2 Unicorns on your Zone, then activate them each once targeting a Rune-Eyes you control. Pretty strong card, even without factoring in its monster effect.
Uh . . . it doesn't work with Rune-Eyes at all. It works when an "Odd-Eyes" monster attacks, and you target a "Performapal" you control for the boost itself.
On the flipside, though, this does mean that he can do good work with folks like your Skullcrobats, or even an Elephammer.

AccelRainbowDashley
11th December 2015, 03:19 AM
Looks like Unicorn's text was updated to include "This effect can only be used once while this card is in the Pendulum Zone" so it's not the OTK people feared and will require a bit more strategy to use properly.

As a die-hard Odd-Eyes player, I'm perfectly okay with this since I was a bit iffy on it before, it was far too powerful without a limit.

Baroque
11th December 2015, 03:23 AM
Looks like Unicorn's text was updated to include "This effect can only be used once while this card is in the Pendulum Zone" so it's not the OTK people feared and will require a bit more strategy to use properly.

As a die-hard Odd-Eyes player, I'm perfectly okay with this since I was a bit iffy on it before, it was far too powerful without a limit.
I'm a bit disappointed it's not just a hard OPT clause but a full-on 'you need to get me out of the zone and back again if you want to use my effect again', to be honest, but it is nice to see some restraint.

AccelRainbowDashley
11th December 2015, 03:30 AM
I'm a bit disappointed it's not just a hard OPT clause but a full-on 'you need to get me out of the zone and back again if you want to use my effect again', to be honest, but it is nice to see some restraint.

I agree. On the upside, since it's an "Odd-Eyes" monster, Oafdragon Magician can add it back to the hand along with a companion scale from Wavering if you wanted, but it's certainly not something easily spammable.

Jolan
11th December 2015, 04:26 AM
Yeah but Skullcrobat > Monkeyboard > Unicorn is a 1-card Pendulum summon for any deck due to lack of restrictions, that thing's pretty....uhm, well, Performapals are playable now?
And if you get an OE on the field, Unicorn gives it an 1800 atk boost. Scary thought. Especially since you can Sky Iris your own Skullcrobat for an OEPD.

Volteccer
11th December 2015, 02:50 PM

There's always Sky Iris. Pop it to get a second copy.

Michelle
11th December 2015, 08:14 PM
I can't be the only one who wonders why Konami, a TCG company that enables mass nukes/scopes to be accessible to everyone, has the needing urge to slap Double Restrictions on a card, and still have them get an alternate summoning condition, let alone a restricted one at that.

Dread Kaiser
11th December 2015, 08:24 PM
I can't be the only one who wonders why Konami, a TCG company that enables mass nukes/scopes to be accessible to everyone, has the needing urge to slap Double Restrictions on a card, and still have them get an alternate summoning condition, let alone a restricted one at that.

My first thought is that they are learning their lesson
Then my second thought was to laugh at the first thought

GagagaOrganizer
13th December 2015, 11:33 PM
Cool! A possible new Xyz Insect theme? Either way, digging the monster there.

Blue-Eyes Field Spell! Yes! And it gives greater speed to the deck!

Glad Booster Strix was printed, that's an awesome RR Hand Trap. Could be a lifesaver in some situations!

They're also printing the Performapal Odd-Eyes cards <3 Been wanting them since they appeared against the Duel Chaser. Cute and powerful little Unicorn!