PDA

View Full Version : Your benevolent(?) Disqus mod....

Cheesedude
10th September 2015, 06:41 AM
...is also here.

So yeah, I'm Cheesedude. I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki administrator. I (attempt) to keep all the card names between DN and the wiki consistent on the wiki's end (though yes, some slip through sometimes). I do proofreading on the main site and obviously modded our comments as well. I'm a huge fan of every interation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga.

NeoArkadia
10th September 2015, 06:55 AM
> Implying benevolence.

VoicesOfChaos
10th September 2015, 08:21 AM
Thank you for everything you do for Yugioh Wikia. I really appreciate it since I am almost always on the site.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 05:48 AM
Thank you for putting up with us and I'm sorry that you have to put up with us.

Dread Kaiser
14th September 2015, 02:19 PM
I think Benevolent is rather appropriate given how much crap I and many others pulled without consequence (for a long while in my case)
I'm REALLY sorry that you had to put up with me. Seriously, I was being a tremendously immature ass at times.

Also I've been meaning to ask for....the 6 months I've been banned
I got banned mostly for the Zexal Flamewarring, right?
I noticed shortly afterword you changed you pic to what it is now, Stop hammer, A zexal anime only card.

Was that intentional? because if it was, I found it hilarious

NMBRHNTR64
14th September 2015, 02:33 PM
I've noticed all the hard work you have done, both for the Org and the Wiki, and I just wanna say thank you.

Brunjox
14th September 2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for caring about this community, 'dude! Your help and modding is very much appreciated. :)

Cheesedude
14th September 2015, 03:51 PM
I think Benevolent is rather appropriate given how much crap I and many others pulled without consequence (for a long while in my case)
I'm REALLY sorry that you had to put up with me. Seriously, I was being a tremendously immature ass at times.

Also I've been meaning to ask for....the 6 months I've been banned
I got banned mostly for the Zexal Flamewarring, right?
I noticed shortly afterword you changed you pic to what it is now, Stop hammer, A zexal anime only card.

Was that intentional? because if it was, I found it hilarious

Well, I'm glad you can admit that.

The ZEXAL flamewarring was a recurring issue with many users. But frankly, I felt you were sort of the catalyst for it quite a bit more than the others. I viewed banning you (as well as Raiko on the other side) as cutting off the head of the snake (hope you don't mind the analogy). There was a lot of....bandwagoning/dogpiling that went on.

I thought Stop Hammer was fitting for a mod position in general and the fact that it was a ZEXAL card only made me more apt to choose it, yes (I do wish the writers would have thought of that card earlier, it was a neat little combo piece).

Now, if everyone wants to have an actual conversation about ZEXAL or any other anime series, we do have a forum section for that here. Let's just keep it calm, though.

Thank you for everything you do for Yugioh Wikia. I really appreciate it since I am almost always on the site.
Its always good to hear appreciation for this and I'll pass it on to the community in general.

Thank you for putting up with us and I'm sorry that you have to put up with us.
I did volunteer for the job, though I didn't quite expect our comments to be as active as they were. But here, I have backup. MWHAHA

I've noticed all the hard work you have done, both for the Org and the Wiki, and I just wanna say thank you.
Its a pleasure. Thank you for the work you do on the wiki as well.

NMBRHNTR64
14th September 2015, 04:18 PM
Its a pleasure. Thank you for the work you do on the wiki as well.
Thanks! Though I don't do nearly as much editing as I used to, I appreciate the recognition.

Dread Kaiser
15th September 2015, 01:44 AM
Well, I'm glad you can admit that.

The ZEXAL flamewarring was a recurring issue with many users. But frankly, I felt you were sort of the catalyst for it quite a bit more than the others. I viewed banning you (as well as Raiko on the other side) as cutting off the head of the snake (hope you don't mind the analogy). There was a lot of....bandwagoning/dogpiling that went on.

I thought Stop Hammer was fitting for a mod position in general and the fact that it was a ZEXAL card only made me more apt to choose it, yes (I do wish the writers would have thought of that card earlier, it was a neat little combo piece).

Now, if everyone wants to have an actual conversation about ZEXAL or any other anime series, we do have a forum section for that here. Let's just keep it calm, though.

Its fine, I basically figured that much out myself. I was still Lurking around and as you said shortly afterwords, things got much quieter with me gone. Honestly I think I got away with a lot more then I should have, given how much I either started or escalated things. For obvious reasons I'm just going to stay away from that topic if possible and just be less Omnipresent in general.

Out of Curiosity, what is going to happen to the disqus comments? they going to be removed or sticking around. and if they are sticking around does that mean my account can/will be unblocked?

サッシ
15th September 2015, 03:43 PM
Good to see you on the forum Cheesedude. Thanks so much for your hard work both on the Wiki and the Organization! I really appreciate your contribution to the community and it really gives us motivation to contribute and help in the community.