PDA

View Full Version : Arc v Episode 85: Crystal Wings Discussion

Devocrown
13th December 2015, 09:06 AM
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri...thats all

LolsterXD97
13th December 2015, 12:49 PM
A Deck is not good enough? It gets Pendulums!

Basically which happened with Moon-Lights in this episode.

KingJinzo
13th December 2015, 03:33 PM
He looks pissed. What a cliffhanger.

Jolan
13th December 2015, 04:05 PM
He saw Yugo holding hands with Serena, that's basically a deathwish for Yugo.

KingJinzo
13th December 2015, 04:25 PM
A Deck is not good enough? It gets Pendulums!

Basically which happened with Moon-Lights in this episode.

I think it's fair. The archetype didn't have many members prior to the latest two episodes, so I think it's fine as long as the archtype profitize from that. I think Raidraptors don't need Pendulums, since they already are specialized in swarming the field. But the Moon-Light archetype isn't very good in swarming, and Cat Dancer does require at least one monster two use her effect. The archetype needs more cards that recycle their monsters, since Fusioning and Tributing Moon-Light monsters give you a hand disadvantage. Black Sheep is the only one currently who can recycle herself, but only when she's fusioning with somebody.

LolsterXD97
13th December 2015, 08:25 PM
I think it's fair. The archetype didn't have many members prior to the latest two episodes, so I think it's fine as long as the archtype profitize from that. I think Raidraptors don't need Pendulums, since they already are specialized in swarming the field. But the Moon-Light archetype isn't very good in swarming, and Cat Dancer does require at least one monster two use her effect. The archetype needs more cards that recycle their monsters, since Fusioning and Tributing Moon-Light monsters give you a hand disadvantage. Black Sheep is the only one currently who can recycle herself, but only when she's fusioning with somebody.

Blue Cat shenanigans.

KingJinzo
13th December 2015, 09:04 PM
Crystal Wing's head looks so much like Stardust's head. The form itself looks very similar to Majestic Star Dragon.

KingJinzo
15th December 2015, 05:18 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/f8acd6a515fccefad1936d027aade8a8/tumblr_nzbf1uQStw1tzy27bo4_1280.jpg
He's not amused.
While I'm hype to see Yuri and his dragon, I hate the idea that he might capture any of the two girls. I don't want them to be captured. But if he does not capture them, he would look incompetent.

In this tournament arc, it's weird that Yuya only gets real fun in dueling when he's not dueling directly.

ScionStorm
15th December 2015, 05:50 PM
Does the fact that all of Serena's fusions are cats have something to do with Obelisk Force using mostly Ancient Gear Hound Dogs?

Sanokal
15th December 2015, 08:57 PM
Finally the sub is up. So disappointed that someone spoiled Selena's Pendulums.

Continuing on from the last episode, Yugo pulls of more lucky moves in order to have Clear Wing stay on the field. Then he pulls off another move that we all love to see him do: triggering the effect of Clear Wing with his own cards. Of course, Roget doesn't stand for that and screws with the course.

Eventually we see Selena pull out two pendulum monsters, and had I not been SPOILED by some asshole, this would have whammed me; I never would have thought that she'd use them. What's next, Shay using the damn things? Riley probably will now... Moonlight Lion Dancer and Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon were the episode highlights, and I'm so glad that their power is intact for Shining Victories. They're two powerful boss monsters, and what's more is that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon can go toe-to-toe with Crystal Wing...if that ever happens.

Beyond all of that, this episode was an absolute JOY to watch. Selena slowly figures out what's going on and pulls a defiant "screw you", but then Yugo tells her that she should still take the chance! Wow, that was an interesting turn. And with Yugo (quite literally) channeling Yuya, even Selena gets the syndrome of smiles, and it is both adorable and awesome. I take my hat off to Yuuna Inamura for making Selena and Zuzu so distinct from one another. And then ending...so adorable, and I always love it when the similarities of Yuya and Zuzu's counterparts are highlighted. It's just so brilliant.

And finally, we have some EPIC reaction shots: Declan gives no ****s that he's surrounded by Security. No doubt he'll get Riley to escape and then defeat the entire room on his own. I just hope that Yuri doesn't ruin it...don't say anything, I haven't seen the previews for the other episodes. Speaking of Yuri, as the good Dick Simmons once said, "Oh, F***!"

LolsterXD97
15th December 2015, 09:07 PM
Finally the sub is up. So disappointed that someone spoiled Selena's Pendulums.

Continuing on from the last episode, Yugo pulls of more lucky moves in order to have Clear Wing stay on the field. Then he pulls off another move that we all love to see him do: triggering the effect of Clear Wing with his own cards. Of course, Roget doesn't stand for that and screws with the course.

Eventually we see Selena pull out two pendulum monsters, and had I not been SPOILED by some asshole, this would have whammed me; I never would have thought that she'd use them. What's next, Shay using the damn things? Riley probably will now... Moonlight Lion Dancer and Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon were the episode highlights, and I'm so glad that their power is intact for Shining Victories. They're two powerful boss monsters, and what's more is that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon can go toe-to-toe with Crystal Wing...if that ever happens.

Beyond all of that, this episode was an absolute JOY to watch. Selena slowly figures out what's going on and pulls a defiant "screw you", but then Yugo tells her that she should still take the chance! Wow, that was an interesting turn. And with Yugo (quite literally) channeling Yuya, even Selena gets the syndrome of smiles, and it is both adorable and awesome. I take my hat off to Yuuna Inamura for making Selena and Zuzu so distinct from one another. And then ending...so adorable, and I always love it when the similarities of Yuya and Zuzu's counterparts are highlighted. It's just so brilliant.

And finally, we have some EPIC reaction shots: Declan gives no ****s that he's surrounded by Security. No doubt he'll get Riley to escape and then defeat the entire room on his own. I just hope that Yuri doesn't ruin it...don't say anything, I haven't seen the previews for the other episodes. Speaking of Yuri, as the good Dick Simmons once said, "Oh, F***!"

I expect Reira to use Pendulums since he is the "brother" of the one who fabricated his own Pendulums, so ofc his "brother" would have some too (Or plot twist: He had them before Reiji even discovered them thanks to Yuya).

Sanokal
16th December 2015, 03:42 AM
I expect Reira to use Pendulums since he is the "brother" of the one who fabricated his own Pendulums, so ofc his "brother" would have some too (Or plot twist: He had them before Reiji even discovered them thanks to Yuya).

Probably. It'll be nice to see him dueling again.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
16th December 2015, 07:22 PM
Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?

LolsterXD97
16th December 2015, 07:28 PM
Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?

Reira's dub name.

Sanokal
16th December 2015, 07:56 PM
Oh yeah, I use dub names. To quote Matt Shipman, you can't say Ruri without a good Japanese accent.

Jolan
16th December 2015, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah, I use dub names. To quote Matt Shipman, you can't say Ruri without a good Japanese accent.

I think that might be a native English speaker thing, I'm Slavic and I have 0 problems with the hard R in Ruri.

KingJinzo
16th December 2015, 09:36 PM
Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?
The problem of having a user in the community who uses dub names, despite the majority watches it in the original language because it has much more quality. We have to deal with that.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
16th December 2015, 10:23 PM
Ruri sounds weird if you pronounce it like they do in Arc-V Abridged, yeah, but it's fine if you just roll the R slightly.

KingJinzo
16th December 2015, 10:36 PM
Ruri sounds weird if you pronounce it like they do in Arc-V Abridged, yeah, but it's fine if you just roll the R slightly. The dub avoids this problem by just calling her "Lulu". How more stupid can they become?

Change of topic, last time I said something about Crystal Wing overpowering Odd-Eyes Rebellion with ease. Then I remembered that its effect doesn't work on Xyz Monsters. So, only the first effect of Crystal Wing is the problem.

Sanokal
17th December 2015, 02:07 AM
To amend my statement, you can't say it seriously without a Japanese accent.
And yeah. Deal With It.

LolsterXD97
19th December 2015, 05:27 PM
For da lulz:
https://49.media.tumblr.com/7487a023fc0f495c8c7e4d44ad1fa3ba/tumblr_nystizHGyE1ruxlyco2_500.gif

KingJinzo
19th December 2015, 08:25 PM
For da lulz:
https://49.media.tumblr.com/7487a023fc0f495c8c7e4d44ad1fa3ba/tumblr_nystizHGyE1ruxlyco2_500.gif

Haha, that's Yugo for you.

By the way, here is little summary who has been mistaken as whom.
Yuya has been mistaken as Yuto and Yugo.
Yuto has been mistaken as Yuya and Yuri.
Yugo has been mistaken as Yuya.
Yuri has been mistaken as Yuya and Yugo.
Yuzu has been mistaken as Ruri, Rin and Serena.
Serena has been mistaken as Yuzu, Ruri and Rin.

KingKaash
19th December 2015, 11:47 PM
So I'm late but I just finished watching the episode and a bunch of questions popped into my head regarding Yuri:

1) Why hasn't the Leo's Apprentice, the superstar Duel Soldier of Academia, the Assassin Yuri started an invasion already as soon he entered the Synchro Dimension? Many were clamoring that Yuri's arrival in the show would result in invasion and devastation of the Synchro Dimension yet Yuri is merely a bystander at this point watching the tournament like any other fan in the stadium. Not saying that it still won't happen. But he seemed to be built up as a guy that would come in and turn the show over sideways from where the story was going. If Yuri was going to be seen regularly then it was a foregone conclusion that the tournament was going to get interrupted.

Does this mean that maybe the tournament won't get interrupted? Yuri will actually allow it to continue? I'm pretty sure the tournament will continue without interruption if you read the next summaries for the next few episodes

2) Considering the fact that Yuri's Fusion Dragon was reacting and glowing to Crystal Wing, does Yuri have the Synchronize ability that Yuya and Yugo possess?

3) Parts of the last scene don't make sense to me. As they were wrapping up the episode they shoot over to Yuya who says he just dueled. At that point, I'm assuming the Synchronization between Yuya and Yugo is over. Then very next shot shows Yugo instantly feeling the presence of Yuri inside of himself and looked up to see him. How was he able to sense and feel Yuri being there in that spot? No one else even noticed Yuri was up there.

Most of these questions don't have answers yet but its just stuff I'm wondering.

LolsterXD97
19th December 2015, 11:53 PM
So I'm late but I just finished watching the episode and a bunch of questions popped into my head regarding Yuri:

1) Why hasn't the Leo's Apprentice, the superstar Duel Soldier of Academia, the Assassin Yuri started an invasion already as soon he entered the Synchro Dimension? Many were clamoring that Yuri's arrival in the show would result in invasion and devastation of the Synchro Dimension yet Yuri is merely a bystander at this point watching the tournament like any other fan in the stadium. Not saying that it still won't happen. But he seemed to be built up as a guy that would come in and turn the show over sideways from where the story was going. If Yuri was going to be seen regularly then it was a foregone conclusion that the tournament was going to get interrupted.

Does this mean that maybe the tournament won't get interrupted? Yuri will actually allow it to continue? I'm pretty sure the tournament will continue without interruption if you read the next summaries for the next few episodes

2) Considering the fact that Yuri's Fusion Dragon was reacting and glowing to Crystal Wing, does Yuri have the Synchronize ability that Yuya and Yugo possess?

3) Parts of the last scene don't make sense to me. As they were wrapping up the episode they shoot over to Yuya who says he just dueled. At that point, I'm assuming the Synchronization between Yuya and Yugo is over. Then very next shot shows Yugo instantly feeling the presence of Yuri inside of himself and looked up to see him. How was he able to sense and feel Yuri being there in that spot? No one else even noticed Yuri was up there.

Most of these questions don't have answers yet but its just stuff I'm wondering.

1) Even if Yuuri is The Dragon from Academia, he cannot do an imprudent thing as starting an invasion by himself, his only work is getting the Yuzus, not causing chaos. The tournament WILL continue, indeed, Roger rushes Yuya's Duel against Crow maybe because of seeing Yuri.

2) Maybe he doesn't, maybe it is exclusive to Yugo and Yuya only, and it seems it is Odd-Eyes which causes it.

3) Who knows? Maybe he felt someone was watching him, I would feel scared if I saw someone standing at the top of a building watching me.

Feeling hyped for seeing Reira dueling tomorrow and more Yuri (The character of course).

KingKaash
20th December 2015, 04:35 AM
1) Even if Yuuri is The Dragon from Academia, he cannot do an imprudent thing as starting an invasion by himself, his only work is getting the Yuzus, not causing chaos. The tournament WILL continue, indeed, Roger rushes Yuya's Duel against Crow maybe because of seeing Yuri.

2) Maybe he doesn't, maybe it is exclusive to Yugo and Yuya only, and it seems it is Odd-Eyes which causes it.

3) Who knows? Maybe he felt someone was watching him, I would feel scared if I saw someone standing at the top of a building watching me.

Feeling hyped for seeing Reira dueling tomorrow and more Yuri (The character of course).

So Barrett and the Obelisk Force have landed and are just going to wait? Btw I don't want an invasion to happen. I'd rather see the tournament be carried out and the winner face Jack Atlas.

Yuri's Fusion Dragon was glowing also but I guess that doesn't mean the dragon can do those things. Odd-Eyes is probably the key

Let's see if Yuri loses sight of his objective of getting the Yuzus and goes after Yugo. Both Yuri and Yugo are undefeated in the show so that would be a showdown.

I'm very interested to see Reira's C/C/C deck

kuchiki
30th December 2015, 02:49 AM
I'm curious how did Serena/Selena obtain pendulum cards, especially for her moon-light archetype considering she is from fusion dimension. Did Reiji or Yuya hook her up? Not even Yuzu has pendulum cards. Am I sensing some plot hole here?

Sanokal
30th December 2015, 02:59 AM
I'm curious how did Serena/Selena obtain pendulum cards, especially for her moon-light archetype considering she is from fusion dimension. Did Reiji or Yuya hook her up? Not even Yuzu has pendulum cards. Am I sensing some plot hole here?

I'm pretty sure that Declan upgraded everyone's decks before going to the Synchro Dimension. Yuya, Gong, Dennis, and Celina all had new cards.