PDA

View Full Version : Jackal Control deck

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 07:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oeYOgim.png

I so want this deck to work. I loved the concept of Jackal Lock decks back in the past, and I so want to bring it back to the present, but I fear it's too clunky and screwy to work, right now. I've thought about Pendulums, about using Barbaros/Bearman with Advance Force, etc. to get it to work, but nothing's clicked, so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yuuri
13th December 2015, 08:27 PM
Ahh, I remember trying to bring this deck back when only Timegazer, Stargazer, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon were released. The deck was difficult to use, but when Jackal successfully landed an attack, it was beautiful.

Now that there are more Pendulum monsters released since then, I should attempt to make a Pendulum variant again. I will get right on it tonight and reveal my findings.

SynjoDeonecros
13th December 2015, 08:28 PM
Okay, thanks. I think your best bet would be the Magician engine used for EmEm Magicians; Dragonpit Magician makes for a solid scale 8.

Yuuri
17th December 2015, 01:44 AM
So I have been a little busy lately, but I have tested the deck. So far, I have either drawn Jackal when I do not need it, or I never draw it when I need it most. I have tried increasing the deck's consistency by using cards such as Upstart Goblin and Sacred Swords of the Seven Stars, which kind of helps but not quite. Perhaps I have taken the wrong approach, but I find that rather unlikely.

I will continue to test out some different cards in hopes of hitting a gold mine.

SynjoDeonecros
17th December 2015, 02:25 AM
Hmm. That's disconcerting, if you're having trouble getting the card that makes the deck work out when you need it.