PDA

View Full Version : Black Nail (December 2015 Infernoids)

GG ELDIUS
14th December 2015, 09:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/F7cRXL8.png

http://ultraimg.com/image/kJfW

Won locals this past weekend with this, and have been making top cut with this consistently since the last list dropped (I have made some changes along the way, though).

All constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jolan
14th December 2015, 10:03 AM
Probably try using an alternate image link that's not imgur.

Jolan
14th December 2015, 10:21 AM
Why not run Electromagnetic Turtle over Threatening Roar? You already mill really hard, your opponent won't declare 4 since they know you play Infernoids, and it's got the banish effect you want.

GG ELDIUS
14th December 2015, 10:29 AM
Why not run Electromagnetic Turtle over Threatening Roar? You already mill really hard, your opponent won't declare 4 since they know you play Infernoids, and it's got the banish effect you want.

Roar baits removal, Turtle can be shut down, and I don't want to hit Turtle with Reasoning/Monster Gate.

Jolan
14th December 2015, 10:59 AM
I'm not particularly sure what removal you could bait. Generally Infernoids don't run backrow that can't be immediately triggered so removal bait would only happen after Game 1, when you side in your appropriate counter. You'd have to draw both Threatening Roar and one of your other traps to cause a situation where backrow removal might go through your opponent's mind.

However I can totally see that Monster Gate, despite being at 1, can totally get you a Turtle on the field, and you don't want that. Reasoning, I could see you milling Turtle because a lot of builds (that I've seen) use Raiden for synchro plays, so at least speaking for myself, I'd be more likely to declare that. But for other players, especially in game 2 and 3, targets would vary.

I'd say, if you had extra deck space, you could try to vary your amounts of Electromagnetic Turtle and Threatening Roar, so between games you could switch to whatever you feel your opponent would try for first, backrow removal or trying to lock you with a turtle on field. Mindgames are fun.