PDA

View Full Version : GET DUNKED - Powered Jersey.dek

Sakuya
11th September 2015, 01:12 AM
It's a beautiful day for sportsball. (https://gyazo.com/9c83366283fc20652929319c94257b1b)

Okay so I'm going to start off by saying that this archetype is dumb. It doesn't brick too often but when it does you're sitting there wondering why you chose to ever play this archetype. I feel most of the cards except self explanatory, except the chicken games. The chicken games are because I don't actually want to run cards and stadium will replace it. The extra deck is... there. Don't xyz with this deck. You're just hurting yourself.

I made this deck on a whim after getting otked by dunker with powered jersey, in which the turn before I was prevented an otk by block backer. So I saltily threw the deck together, and it was a whole lot more enjoyable than I had anticipated. Even without jersey, the deck is able to make a play as long as you have midfielder + stadium. And if you don't have them you wonder why you aren't playing a better deck.

Thanako
11th September 2015, 01:24 AM
Why aren't you using 3 Turnover Tactics and 3 White Hole? (This is obviously a jest for anyone who can't tell) It's nice to actually see fun decks being posted here, especially when we consider that this is originally a TCG-exclusive deck. I'm still learning how to optimize this oddity of a deck, but you already know your deck is better than my take on it.

Sakuya
11th September 2015, 01:59 AM
I'm not too sure about that honestly, spell striker seems like it'd be a very interesting addition, and even though you minus yourself to death I could imagine it + instant fusion could be a decent trade off for no longer being bricked assuming you have stadium. And if you don't have stadium then blame the archetype for being busted and no one ever destroying penalty box

Argor42
11th September 2015, 02:26 AM
The Deck looks fun enough, but why are you maxing on things like Gaia Dragon and Blade Armor Ninja? And why are you playing Tiger King at all? You should really look into making your Extra more diverse. Even though you won't be using it as much, I think it would be beneficial to have different monsters for different situations. Hell, you can even side Cyber Dragons and play Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (works against Towers and the Machine-Type Kozmo monsters). But there will be times you need to go to your Extra Deck to make a play, and with your build the way it is, you might not have the out.

Sakuya
11th September 2015, 02:33 AM
After the rank 5's, I really just put the 3 copies of ninja and gaia charger just to fill space. I didn't really put much thought into it since I was never actually going to open the extra deck, it's mainly just there to be there. But then again, empty extra can bluff monarchs with the new support comin out, and a half filled one can feign stupidity I suppose. Who knows if either are actually worth it though. I do like chimera tech though, will give it a try

Sakuya
14th September 2015, 11:43 PM
It's not cheating to have more pairs of hands than players right? (http://imgur.com/gpxEQCu)

With a bit of tooling around I've found the hand engine to work pretty well. Took out the reasonings and the chicken games for it, and they're much better at lessening the blow of bad openings since they don't damage you like chicken games and don't risk being worthless like reasoning. I do like reasoning though for the chance of milling penalty boxes, but it's only three cards out of 40 and it's just not worth it really. They're also fairly good for siding out

Thanako
15th September 2015, 12:14 AM
Suddenly your deck's Rank 4 play aren't nearly as situation. I'd put in Number 52: Diamond Crab King just so you have an out to Towers. With an Extra Deck that you barely use, it isn't so bad of an option to have.