PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON?

Hoozuki_Suigetsu
17th December 2015, 03:36 AM
How and archetype and deck, his support is strong enough for fight agasint the new blue-eyes support? yes? No? Is Fair? What kind of cards think needs this deck for be more strong?

I was thinking in a field who can become the gemini red-eyes monster in normal (Deck/hand) and also in the field got the gemini power without waste a summon, plus something more.

Jolan
18th December 2015, 04:34 PM
Well, I would say removing the Pot of Duality lock on Red-Eyes Fusion would be a very good way to make the deck extremely playable. It's basically a Shadoll Fusion for a 3200 atk monster with build-in Armades. But you can't even Normal or Special summon on the same turn? REBD isn't a deck with amazing backrow, investing your resources and hope in one card means you have to pass your turn if it gets solemned, or the Fusion itself gets hit with bottomless or a notice.

R3QU13M
18th December 2015, 08:54 PM
Well, I would say removing the Pot of Duality lock on Red-Eyes Fusion would be a very good way to make the deck extremely playable. It's basically a Shadoll Fusion for a 3200 atk monster with build-in Armades. But you can't even Normal or Special summon on the same turn? REBD isn't a deck with amazing backrow, investing your resources and hope in one card means you have to pass your turn if it gets solemned, or the Fusion itself gets hit with bottomless or a notice.

You can still Normal "Set" a monster before or after activating Red-Eyes Fusion. That still doesn't make up for the lack of field presence if the monster is removed or the spell is negated. Even though negation gives you the opportunity to summon other monsters.

I agree about that Pot of Duality esque lock on summoning too especially for Normal. If the card had the aforementioned effect but including the "For the rest of this turn" clause written on it instead. We'll e able have some proper field setup before summoning the big boss.

King
18th December 2015, 09:09 PM
excluding Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, the whole support it recieved is a letdown slow gemini monster, a lot of restricions, You Run out of resources to fast, their Main strategy can be easily dealt andthey cannot cocksuck D.Rulers to make it playable

Jolan
18th December 2015, 09:46 PM
excluding Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, the whole support it recieved is a letdown slow gemini monster, a lot of restricions, You Run out of resources to fast, their Main strategy can be easily dealt andthey cannot cocksuck D.Rulers to make it playable

The Gemini I have mixed thoughts on. On one hand, it increases the pool of REBD targets for Fusions and I can dump it into grave for revival plays easier with cards like Dragon Shrine. It's also a fantastic target for getting a First of the Dragons via a Dragon Mirror. On the other hand, it's a GEMINI monster. Those require you use a Normal summon. This deck is fantastically capable of not letting you keep your normal summon, by ways of REFusion or dropping Black Stone for an instant REBD. Those 3 cards are both quite necessary and outright conflict each other greatly due to their restrictions.

So in the end, if the Gemini REBD was simply an effect Monster with a built-in Inferno Fire Blast and an easy summon condition (LIKE BEWD ALTERNATIVE), we could get a lot more mileage out of it.

I do like Supervise plays but the deck itself is too restricted for its own sake.

Volteccer
18th December 2015, 10:18 PM
The Gemini I have mixed thoughts on. On one hand, it increases the pool of REBD targets for Fusions and I can dump it into grave for revival plays easier with cards like Dragon Shrine. It's also a fantastic target for getting a First of the Dragons via a Dragon Mirror. On the other hand, it's a GEMINI monster. Those require you use a Normal summon. This deck is fantastically capable of not letting you keep your normal summon, by ways of REFusion or dropping Black Stone for an instant REBD. Those 3 cards are both quite necessary and outright conflict each other greatly due to their restrictions.

So in the end, if the Gemini REBD was simply an effect Monster with a built-in Inferno Fire Blast and an easy summon condition (LIKE BEWD ALTERNATIVE), we could get a lot more mileage out of it.

I do like Supervise plays but the deck itself is too restricted for its own sake.

It also sounds like what the deck wants is some Constellar-esque bonus normal summons.

DelCtrl
19th December 2015, 04:41 AM
The true problem here is consistency, not the fact that you have gemini monsters or the lock on Red-Eyes Fusion. Why? Because you never want your high level monsters in your hand, but your low level one that can be searched, Red-Eyes Wyvern, is also better in the grave. Its only really worthy searching for your spell and traps, but with the exception of Fusion, they all need grave set-up to work. With 3 Shrine, Foolish Burial and One for One you can setup, but they also aren't searchable and as you're running a lot of high level monsters, you can brick very easily. Fusion can setup also, but as was already discussed, if your opponent get rid of the summoned monster, you'll be completely open.

I run a synchro-ritual variant, without Stone and with 1 Lightning Archfiend as the sole gemini, but I have used other builds on simulators and the problem is always the same: consistency. No matter if you focus on the gemini monsters, on Flare Metal or a quick OTK with Black Skull + Inferno Fire Blast, most of the games you lose will be because of a bad starting hand.

Also, I think most of you are focusing on the wrong aspect of the gemini monsters (the red-eyes ones at least). They aren't suppose to be OTK machines on its on, they aren't Effect-monsters that need one more normal summon to work, they are Normal Monsters that can gain an effect. You're going to perform better if you treat them as Normal monsters and consider their effects just as a bonus, as they are better not in the deck nor the hand, but in the grave being revived by other effects or as materials for Dragon's Mirror.

Hope in the Interstice
19th December 2015, 04:44 AM
Also, I think most of you are focusing on the wrong aspect of the gemini monsters (the red-eyes ones at least). They aren't suppose to be OTK machines on its on, they aren't Effect-monsters that need one more normal summon to work, they are Normal Monsters that can gain an effect. You're going to perform better if you treat them as Normal monsters and consider their effects just as a bonus, as they are better not in the deck nor the hand, but in the grave being revived by other effects or as materials for Dragon's Mirror.
I'm in the same boat here. I just don't like how Archfiend Black Skull Dragon can't use Black Flare and Archfiend of Lightning from the deck.

DelCtrl
19th December 2015, 06:41 AM
I'm in the same boat here. I just don't like how Archfiend Black Skull Dragon can't use Black Flare and Archfiend of Lightning from the deck.

The fact that Archfiend Black Skull Dragon cannot use its "intended" materials with Red-Eyes Fusion was really disappointing. Or Konami though we would use materials from the field/hand to summon it? Yeah, right.

imjusthereformfunsmh
19th December 2015, 08:29 AM
On a non-gameplay related note: I personally LOVE REBD original artwork compared to BEWD. I wish they reprinted those artworks

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 09:07 AM
Pretty much if you don't get Cards of the Red Stone quickly, you're boned.

Archsorcerer
22nd December 2015, 07:32 PM
I think the new Felgrand cards could provide some interesting support.

Paladin can pull out the Gemini Red-Eyes from the deck and Lord of the Red is gonna get a boost with Pre-Prep.

I wonder if it's gonna get it's own set of tuners that are the rivals to Blue-Eyes tribe.

Sanokal
22nd December 2015, 09:55 PM
I think the new Felgrand cards could provide some interesting support.

Paladin can pull out the Gemini Red-Eyes from the deck and Lord of the Red is gonna get a boost with Pre-Prep.

I wonder if it's gonna get it's own set of tuners that are the rivals to Blue-Eyes tribe.

I sadly doubt that.