PDA

View Full Version : How I think Ritual Monsters could possibly make a resurgence

Mari
18th December 2015, 06:01 PM
So lately we've been seeing new Ritual support in the form of Pre-Preparation Rites (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Preparation_of_Rites), Radiant Divine Bird Vene (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Radiant_Divine_Bird_Vene) (the new Ritual from the promo pack with the peculiar effect) and the possibility of the Dracoslayers/Dracoverlords getting a Ritual boss. And I thought that maybe this means we're getting a new mechanic related to Ritual Summon and I think we're going to see it in the form of the Ritual Spell Card for Vene.

Why? because the name of the spell card hasn't been said yet and I think it's because of one reason: the ritual spell card could be a Pendulum Monster and the Pendulum Effect may be the ritual summon of said Ritual Monster. This could speed up the Ritual Summon mechanic without having to make ritual decks too archetype-locked.

One counter to this argument is probably the fact that Pre-Preparation Rites can only fetch a Ritual Spell Card, and the hypothetical Pendulum card wouldn't count as a target for that effect, but I don't see Pre-Preparation Rites as a card meant to help new Ritual Monsters but rather old Ritual Monsters.

So, thoughts?

(also I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum to discuss this topic but I thought it was the most fitting)

Jolan
18th December 2015, 06:31 PM
What do you think about Nekroz? That's a way Ritual monsters made a resurgence. Look at how that turned out. Thoughts?

LolsterXD97
18th December 2015, 06:31 PM
A Zefra allowed the Ritual Summon of a Nekroz right? They can do a generic Pendulum that allows generic Ritual Summons (Or a simple Effect Monster for less brokeness).

Pre-Preparation is a BIG step for specific Rituals (More searchers than Manju and Senju), so I expect there is more support.

Mari
18th December 2015, 06:45 PM
What do you think about Nekroz? That's a way Ritual monsters made a resurgence. Look at how that turned out. Thoughts?

Well, Nekroz's Ritual Summon methods were archetype locked and rightfully so because using monsters in your extra deck/graveyard as materials could be easily abused as a generic mechanic. As for the hand-trap nature of the monsters themselves I don't see why that couldn't make an appearance for any other Ritual Monster in the future.

Archsorcerer
18th December 2015, 07:48 PM
What that new Ritual indicates is that there is going to be a lot monster tributing going on.

- To Keep Amorphages in play
- As tech (Hieratics, Angmar, etc.)
- Monarch hybrids.
- Ritual Summoning.

Stormforth and Soul Exchange might be used in other new decks.

Seems Amorphages will become the new Nekroz/Evilswarm/Rulers to face-off. Maybe there will be card e

EDIT: Blue-Eyes and its tuners look interesting right now. But there might be some combos with Hieratics/Angmar yet to be discovered. Speedroids provide an interesting engine right now that might fit Monarchs and others. Taketomborg restricts Special Summons to Wind mosters, not tribute or normal summons (Ritual Beasts don't mind that restriction too).

Drakylon
19th December 2015, 02:55 AM
I'm not exactly looking forward to Tarotrei -> Pot of the Forbidden or a pure Amorphage deck, but I think Ritual monsters have gotten a good deal of relevant support these past few reveals, between Pre-Preparation and the Radiant Bird. Tribute support seems to be taking off as well, which benefits Rituals as well.

DelCtrl
19th December 2015, 05:02 AM
Konami has been focusing on the different summon methods, with archetypes like D/D/D that are built to allow all 4 methods of extra deck summoning, but with the exception of Nekroz, ritual summoning have been kinda forgotten. I think all they are really trying to do is to speed up rituals so they can keep up with the meta (sorta of). Also, with more support and more players willing to use it (even if its just for casual play) it allows them more freedom to design cards, as they know it will have public willing to buy it.

Nekroz is the result of them trying to make a ritual deck competitive without really supporting ritual summoning as a whole, but what they can bring us if the whole mechanic becomes better? What if the Nekroz ritual spells were just test subjects, so they could see how players would use them and as a result, discover new ways to improve generic rituals? The future seems bright for blue cards... but this is Konami we're talking about, they will fuck you

Archsorcerer
19th December 2015, 08:45 PM
IMO, Konami is pumping a lot of old ideas that ended up in the drawing board into the game.

To keep up with what Pendulum and XYZ have to offer; and to get some extra cash to compensate for sales in other areas: Kojima's projects have cost them a lot of cash and time, Silent Hill has been a flop and the decline of mobile (or the inability to expand it beyond Japan). Among other things of course.

They have been printing a lot of Anime/Manga cards lately.

KingJinzo
19th December 2015, 10:36 PM
Good Ritual Spell Cards that can do more than just Ritual Summoning. The Nekroz Ritual not only could summon their monsters by tributing from various places, they also can be activated from the graveyard to do secondary things. Odd-Eyes Advent has also a good idea of Ritual Summoning your dragons from your graveyard, and the Ritual Spell Card's only restriction was that all tributed monsters have to Pendulums.

Ritual Spell Cards that could summon from other places other than the hand or graveyard, like from the deck would be great.

King
19th December 2015, 10:40 PM
just throw ritual monsters in the pyre

KingJinzo
19th December 2015, 10:43 PM
just throw ritual monsters in the pyre

No. They are part of Yu-Gi-Oh! history and still have a chance. Nekroz is the prove.

Dyson Sphere
19th December 2015, 10:48 PM
Make a ritual that's a pendulum and its pendulum eff is to ritual summon a ritual from your hand or face-up in extra deck so you can use it go luster luster eff then you're all set

King
19th December 2015, 10:49 PM
No. They are part of Yu-Gi-Oh! history and still have a chance. Nekroz is the prove.

ritual monsters ? the only type of special summon monsters i know is cards with black and dual-colored layers jokes apart i cant see ritual monsters going competitive without being a Nekroz 2.0 also i felt disgust about rituals since gishiki rituals should stay in the trash

ScionStorm
19th December 2015, 11:20 PM
How about Konami give us Asuka's 3 Cyber Angels and then make 4 new ones (They are based on the 7 Lucky Gods).

Also retrains of some of the older Ritual monsters the way they did with BLS. Stuff from the Dark Ceremony Edition pack.

KingJinzo
20th December 2015, 12:01 AM
ritual monsters ? the only type of special summon monsters i know is cards with black and dual-colored layers jokes apart i cant see ritual monsters going competitive without being a Nekroz 2.0 also i felt disgust about rituals since gishiki rituals should stay in the trash

Sounds like somebody is butthurt after losing too many times.

King
20th December 2015, 12:07 AM

nope Nekroz format was simple and gishikis never stepped in the meta i am just elitist about Special Summon monsters

Sanokal
20th December 2015, 01:19 AM

Just...don't bother in that regard.

ARKhaven
22nd December 2015, 05:18 AM
nope Nekroz format was simple and gishikis never stepped in the meta i am just elitist about Special Summon monsters

Uh, Nekroz was arguably one of the more skillful formats, considering mirror matches you had to outwit your opponent and conserve resources. It's not like Tellars when it was dump the shit to the grave, or go Deneb to Altair almost nonstop, and then recycle and move from there. Hell, it's not like any other R4 deck that can just go, "Oh there's board? Okay, Exciton," because that shit wasn't skill, that was slaughter. Xyz's by far, don't give three damns about usually conserving resources about.........probably almost all the time.

Gishki never stepped in Meta? Then why was Gustkraken limited? It was hit because of the stupid Hieratic Loops and other crap you'd be able to do with it. Now Mind Augus, I wasn't around for that, so I'm not sure on what did the Augus do exactly to be completely stupid, unless it was to help the entire Gustkraken crackhead plays.

clairedestroyer!
22nd December 2015, 08:06 AM
Augus was limited because of an FTK involving using it to recycle other cards like One Day of Peace and Hand Destruction to deck your opponent out. Gishkis did plenty to show that Rituals as a concept are workable as long as the cards give you sufficient reward for needing at the minimum of 3 cards to do anything at all. In fact the Nekroz ritual spells were explicitely designed to be worse versions of Aquamirror's second effect because you need to have some ability to recur cards in Ritual decks and Aquamirror alone was a big reason Gishki could do so many loops so well.

ScionStorm
22nd December 2015, 08:14 AM
If only we could get a Ritual Archetype that isn't WATER. FIRE would be nice. In fact, I think we STILL don't have a single WIND Ritual monster in the entire game. Which confuses me even more with Radiant Divine Bird Vene and it's LIGHT/Fairy status.

citrus
23rd December 2015, 06:58 PM
Relinquished Goat/Soul Control

Just saying.

Archsorcerer
23rd December 2015, 11:55 PM
If only we could get a Ritual Archetype that isn't WATER. FIRE would be nice. In fact, I think we STILL don't have a single WIND Ritual monster in the entire game. Which confuses me even more with Radiant Divine Bird Vene and it's LIGHT/Fairy status.

It combos no doubt with Agent of Creation.

Vene with Venus. What a coincidence. ;)

Canon Soldier, Vene, Venus and that Room of nightmare card from Pharaonic Guardian(?) that adds extra 300 to effect damage.

I'm thinking of a Magician of Black Chaos retrain.

EDIT: Turns out Vene's effect is just once per turn. My mistake.