PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR Signature Card(s)?

Jakinus
18th December 2015, 11:34 PM
The question is simple: Which card represents you the best, your playstyle, your personality, your tastes and the hopes of your friends? Which card do you put in every deck you have made even though you can only summon it once every full moon? Which card makes you scream the most nonsensical and weeaboo summon chant/attack name imaginable in your opponent's face?

Mine is Destiny HERO Plasma. Powerful effect and a win condition of its own, summoning requirements similar to a GOD, a cool artwork and a BADASS name. It has everything that a person could ask from a piece of cardboard. Crimson Blader, Castel and Denko Sekka are also cards that I like a lot but not at the same level of Plasma.

Hope in the Interstice
18th December 2015, 11:52 PM
Colossal citadel of the ten evils
Awaken from your strangled slumber and bring about an age of oblivion!
I tribute three Qliphort monsters to Tribute Summon APOQLIPHORT TOWERS!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150226161108/yugioh/images/2/29/ApoqliphortTowers-DAR.png

Aromaiden
18th December 2015, 11:57 PM
I have a lot of signature cards, like all the Ritual Beast Fusions, but my top card is probably Saffira.

DelCtrl
19th December 2015, 12:09 AM
Probably I can say that my signature card is Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, as most of my decks are dragon.dek. While it doesn't win games on its on, it brings a lot of combo potential, using its effect usually is the start of my plays once I have it on the field, and before that, my objective is to summon it. I've even created a summoning chant for it, something I usually only do for extra deck/ritual cards.

Also like Hastorr a lot, use him in almost every deck that can synchro summon, and Psychic Lifetrancer is my go to lvl 7 synchro, even if its the only Psychic card I have in the deck.

Sanokal
19th December 2015, 02:47 AM
Hmm...probably Evolzar Solda, since I used when many didn't (and it was my only Evolzar for a while).

Ziz
19th December 2015, 03:47 AM
Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susanowo, because I like stealing. Especially Counter Traps. "I wouldn't have used them against you if you didn't use them against me."

Thanako
19th December 2015, 07:40 AM
Calm, Silence of Gusta/Caam, Serenity of Gusto would be the closest thing to my version of a signature, main deck card. Does everything you could possibly want, has some of the best stats, and is almost always a power draw in Gusto. My history with the game is very strongly tied to Gusta/Gusto as a whole, as well.

As far as an Extra Deck representation, I would have to go with Chaos Goddess.

R3QU13M
19th December 2015, 07:57 AM
Both Destiny Hero - Plasma & Dogma, along with Destiny End Dragoon

King
19th December 2015, 04:45 PM
Ignister Prominience The Blasting Dracoslayer along with his Extra Deck mates, Cyber Dragon Infinity and Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

Noir
19th December 2015, 07:29 PM
Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, its forms and counterparts, and pretty much every Level 8 generic Synchro in existence.

LolsterXD97
19th December 2015, 07:41 PM
I think this will sound a bit obvious (And its about the concept, not the effects):
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/a/ad/PerformageTrapezeMagician-CORE-EN-R-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20150804082204

I would also put "Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon" if it was a real card...

Dyson Sphere
19th December 2015, 08:09 PM
Dyson Sphere and Chaos Dyson Sphere

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
19th December 2015, 08:35 PM
Ginga kyukyoku ryu, Nanbazu Rokujuni - Gyarakushiaizu Puramiu Foton Doragon!

Jolan
19th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend, I even have the mat for it, I just fell in love at first glance.

TheRamenNoodle
19th December 2015, 09:48 PM
Number F0, it's practically Captain Falcon.

JTSW
20th December 2015, 11:49 AM
There may be a few but I most certainly feel it is mainly Silent Magician LV8.
I don't like talking much, and I prefer to be protective and secluded rather than be in some conflict or group.

Celestial Wolf Lord Blue Sirius is probably comparable as well since I sometimes "won't let some things go". Not on a serious level of course.
Dark Blue is my favorite color, like silver as well, and I feel like my animal persona would be a wolf, and not for wolf equals coolness reasons. I am no lord that is for certain.
Also to clarify, I am a cat person.

Hope these didn't sound bad.

Icematoro
20th December 2015, 04:12 PM
I'd say all "Stardust" Dragon-Types (Including Shooting Star Dragon, Excluding Stardust Chronicle Spark Dragon), I have the tendency to go out of my way to protect my stuff, even if it means not playing the most optimal way, During my Dragunity Era (A.K.A. Most of 5Ds Era) he was my go to guy, even if it was unnecessary.

A good second guess was Clear Wing, but he's more aggressive than he is defensive.

KingJinzo
21st December 2015, 01:57 AM
Beelze and Apoqliphort Killer, as I like boss monsters that are really hard to beat.

Qilphort Shell, Sirocco and Odd-Eyes Rebellion, thanks to their OTK potential.

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Shooting Quasar Dragon and Ra, as they need crazy set-ups to summon them, but it's satisfying to win with them.

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Gagaga Magician, as they are flexible and can bring up different kinds of monsters.

Jinzo, an outdated card that still fucks people up when they don't notice it.

Deadborder
21st December 2015, 06:55 PM
http://ultraimg.com/images/xduwJmi.png

citrus
21st December 2015, 08:29 PM
Mine is definitely Number 11: Big Eye. When I came back to the game a couple of years ago, it was the one card that immediately captured my attention and really made me want to play again. From old-timey days, my card was definitely Jinzo.

Volteccer
21st December 2015, 11:16 PM
I have an irrational love of Shooting Star Dragon. I've built two decks around getting it out (First a weird flamvell variant that was sort of a proto laval quasaar, and then junk doppel), and I also shoehorn it into Heiratics, even though I have to use Eset's effect to bring it out.

Sanokal
21st December 2015, 11:57 PM
I have an irrational love of Shooting Star Dragon. I've built two decks around getting it out (First a weird flamvell variant that was sort of a proto laval quasaar, and then junk doppel), and I also shoehorn it into Heiratics, even though I have to use Eset's effect to bring it out.

I wouldn't call it irrational; everyone respects that card. Not that it takes away from you regarding it as your signature at all.

King
22nd December 2015, 12:02 AM
Mine is definitely Number 11: Big Eye. When I came back to the game a couple of years ago, it was the one card that immediately captured my attention and really made me want to play again. From old-timey days, my card was definitely Jinzo.

big eye was a beast in D.Rulers era miss those times, i could say he was one my ace monsters at the time

Mari
22nd December 2015, 12:08 AM
One card I always include in every Synchro deck is Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree. I like the aesthetic of the entire Naturia theme and Leo being a generic Synchro makes it a card I'm just very fond of.

Also Pleiades used to be my favorite boss monster when I got back into the game.

ChaseLumsden
22nd December 2015, 04:31 AM
"Let my foes be stunned by your light-shattering appearance! I Xyz Summon! Appear now in a reckless speed and crush my opposition! Number 110: Overdrive Dragoon!"

http://chaselumsden.deviantart.com/art/Number-110-Overdrive-Dragoon-557407544
Number 110: Overdrive Dragoon
Rank 4 LIGHT Dragon/Xyz/Effect
ATK and DEF: 3000
"3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can declare up to 2 more attacks, but if it does, it loses 1000 ATK and DEF (permanently, even after this card leaves the field or becomes unaffected by card effects.), but in return, it gains 2000 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase, and it becomes unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase of this turn. Any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent is halved. "
(In short, if this card destroys a monster by battle, you can detach 1 Material to have it attack twice, but it'll lose 1000 ATK because of it, permanently, but then gain 2000 ATK and immunity to card effects until the end of the turn. Downside? All damage this beast does is halved.)

I created this card because I couldn't think of an awesome ace monster for my deck. I created one solely for bringing out these forms of Xyz Monsters, but with the rapid speed of Kozmos (and with a stupid insane LP drop that makes Kozmos look bad. I once played this deck in person and I lost 7000 LP within the first two turns just by these cards I made.).

Basically, my playstyle is that of Kozmos: Hard hitting, fast, and aggressive, but with costs for days, self damage, and without remorse if I have to be in an actual Duel.
This card pretty much represents myself, as it's a powerhouse, daunting, massive, and bulky, but has enough power to lead a victory, even in a tight situation. And I'm not a person of watching others burn, so this card represents my way to win; fair, quickly, and for fun.

So..yeah, I have a lot of reasons to say why I drew the card and made the effect, but to keep it nice and sweet, I like dragons and fast Decks, but I'm not a salty Duel King, so Fiery Hell Burnings, I do not.

Icematoro
22nd December 2015, 04:53 AM
"Let my foes be stunned by your light-shattering appearance! I Xyz Summon! Appear now in a reckless speed and crush my opposition! Number 110: Overdrive Dragoon!"

http://chaselumsden.deviantart.com/art/Number-110-Overdrive-Dragoon-557407544
Number 110: Overdrive Dragoon
Rank 4 LIGHT Dragon/Xyz/Effect
ATK and DEF: 3000
"3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can declare up to 2 more attacks, but if it does, it loses 1000 ATK and DEF (permanently, even after this card leaves the field or becomes unaffected by card effects.), but in return, it gains 2000 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase, and it becomes unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase of this turn. Any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent is halved. "
(In short, if this card destroys a monster by battle, you can detach 1 Material to have it attack twice, but it'll lose 1000 ATK because of it, permanently, but then gain 2000 ATK and immunity to card effects until the end of the turn. Downside? All damage this beast does is halved.)

I created this card because I couldn't think of an awesome ace monster for my deck. I created one solely for bringing out these forms of Xyz Monsters, but with the rapid speed of Kozmos (and with a stupid insane LP drop that makes Kozmos look bad. I once played this deck in person and I lost 7000 LP within the first two turns just by these cards I made.).

Basically, my playstyle is that of Kozmos: Hard hitting, fast, and aggressive, but with costs for days, self damage, and without remorse if I have to be in an actual Duel.
This card pretty much represents myself, as it's a powerhouse, daunting, massive, and bulky, but has enough power to lead a victory, even in a tight situation. And I'm not a person of watching others burn, so this card represents my way to win; fair, quickly, and for fun.

So..yeah, I have a lot of reasons to say why I drew the card and made the effect, but to keep it nice and sweet, I like dragons and fast Decks, but I'm not a salty Duel King, so Fiery Hell Burnings, I do not.

Not trying to be a dick, but this is not the Create-A-Card thread, also that's hardly fair...

ChaseLumsden
22nd December 2015, 05:12 AM
QnQ

*Cries internally*
But, like, there's no card that suits me as an ace.

Ah well, I saw it coming anyway. Plus, I already posted this guy there months ago.

Icematoro
22nd December 2015, 05:23 AM
QnQ
A
*Cries internally*
But, like, there's no card that suits me as an ace.

Ah well, I saw it coming anyway. Plus, I already posted this guy there months ago.

Any card you tend to go out of your way to add, or play? Something you just love to use even if it's not precisely a good option for the deck?
As an example, I tend to use Stardust Dragons in Synchro decks, and "Number 85: Crazy Box" (A.K.A. Yolobox :cool:) on rank 4.

Mystic TimeKeeper
22nd December 2015, 12:35 PM
I can say certainly that my Ace card is Junk Warrior, it's the only card that never left my Extra in a Synchron deck.

The Sonic Duck
22nd December 2015, 03:33 PM
Well, as my name implies. Sonic Duck is my favorite silly monster just cause you gotta love a high speed duck with a bucket helmet.
I would say my actual ace has to be Daigusto Sphreez, My favorite synchro ever. I've always loved her ability to use the strength of your opponents monsters directly against them.

ChaseLumsden
22nd December 2015, 04:02 PM
Any card you tend to go out of your way to add, or play? Something you just love to use even if it's not precisely a good option for the deck?
As an example, I tend to use Stardust Dragons in Synchro decks, and "Number 85: Crazy Box" (A.K.A. Yolobox :cool:) on rank 4.

....Yeah, I got nothing. I play a stupid amount of Decks, and each one plays differently.
*shrugs*
I could say every ace card I use in them, but...yeah, that's me talking about almost 30 Decks to go over.
....And I'm actually a cheap Duelist.
:P

Sotavento
22nd December 2015, 05:23 PM
I actually have around 2 or 3 favorites.

The first one (and the one that brought me back into the game) is Daigusto Sphreez. Using your opponent's monsters against themselves is really a cool and nice idea. I'd love love love love LOVE to see more support for the archetype, but i doubt we'll see some anymore.

The second one is Ghostrick Alucard. Sure you can still evolve him into Angel of Mischief, but let's face it: Alucard is still the boss around here.

And lastly, one of the most baddass boss monsters around here: D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried. He's probably my signature card because I somehow can always summon him Turn 1 and still bring him back from the grave on subsequent turns.

SynjoDeonecros
23rd December 2015, 03:38 AM
It's hard to say for me; before it was definitely King Tiger Wanghu, but now... I'd have to say Mayosenju Daibak; it gives a support roll when needed, but when necessary it can come out and whup ass with the best of them. That's how I like to play: slow, methodical, but aggressive.

Pendulum
4th January 2016, 04:34 PM
My favorite cards:

Hieracoshpinx -> Because it's Egyptian looking. Just love its art.
Guardian Sphinx -> Who doesn't love sphinxes? If played correctly, its effect can be very annoying. IT WAS META ONCE!! Though nowadays it's not relevant, I know.
The End of Anubis -> I just love Egyptian Mythology. And it can kinda shut down some annoying decks.
Tragoedia -> Super awesome artwork, completely different effects from the usual ones. Hand-Trap, can save an ass. Totally a god-like card to me.
Judgment of Anubis -> My favorite card ever, I daresay. It can cause some surprises and rip boards or even games apart. Stops backrow hating and even destroys a monster without targeting it? Also sets the Grave.
Gustav Maxx -> I like burn.
Pendulum Impenetrable -> Obviously. Cool art, and it fits well with the Spell card layout.

Though I also like Breakthrough Skill (I use at least one EVERYWHERE), Curse of Anubis and Des Lacooda. I like the Qli too. Man, there are so many cool cards out there.

A simple answer to the original question would be Breakthrough Skill, for the reason mentioned above. Though I don't have any chant for it, that would be both weird and funny at the same time.

SynjoDeonecros
17th March 2016, 10:26 PM
As far as monsters that I think are the coolest looking, I love Emissary from Pandemonium, and would love to dedicate a deck around it, but that would be difficult without the right cards (Thinking mostly a Battle Tuned beatdown, but that would take a while). I also remember a long while back having a dream about Super War-Lion, my first and only Yugioh-related dream, so that's significant, I guess...

I also want to love Leotaur. It's like 99% going to be 2000 ATK whenever it battles, and it can boost itself even with Horn of the Phantom Beast or the like. It's also really awesome in the art department. Why not love it?

ScionStorm
17th March 2016, 10:49 PM
The Drdek (AKA "Death Foot")
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/1/1a/TheDrdek-V1-JP-C.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070318024551
Don't ask why. It's completely irrational. But if I were to have a Spirit Monster like they did back in the GX era, this lil' guy would be mine, no contest.

Alternative might be Flame Sprite. I like bringing him out as his effect reflects me. Not always skillful at first but the longer I'm at it the stronger I get. Though it still doesn't hold that place in my heart that The Drdek does.

Cheesedude
17th March 2016, 11:44 PM
Cannon Soldier.

I am a terrible person who likes burn and Cannon Soldier was the first burn card I remember, really. Even today when I try to make a burn deck work, I can't help but include at least one copy of Cannon Soldier.

There was a brief time where I also considered Pyramid Turtle my signature.

Erickdsl
21st March 2016, 01:37 AM
Easy: Felgrand (the Xyz) and Lord of the red. Both are dragons, both are warriors, both are awesome.