PDA

View Full Version : Raidraptor Ultimate Falcon - Its third effect's duration

Hope in the Interstice
23rd December 2015, 12:57 PM
● Once per turn, during each player's End Phase: You can make all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK. If your opponent controls no face-up monsters, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent instead.
Does the ATK loss apply to monsters that are summoned to the field after the effect is activated?

As in, Ultimate Falcon's effect has been activated during my opponent's End Phase. If, on my next turn, I then summon a Gagagigo, is its ATK reduced to 850?

KingJinzo
23rd December 2015, 01:21 PM
I'm sure the effect only applies to monsters that are currently on the field, and any monster that was summoned after the effect resolved would not be affected.

Dread Kaiser
24th December 2015, 05:44 AM
your opponent controls

And its clearly not a continuous effect, so yeah its not going to include anything summoned afterwords. including afterwords summoned monsters would probably be mentioned specifically or would mention a specific condition or duration. further the current wording is consistent with other cards that function like that, IE Shield and Sword for example. meanwhile something that DOES stack, like Apelio, mentions a duration. so if it did stack, it would probably say "as long as this card remains on the field"

if it didn't mention that and DOES function like that, then its Complete Immunity + continously stacking debuff that persists even after it dies, which sounds pretty stupid