PDA

View Full Version : The biggest letdowns in Yu-Gi-Oh!

King
26th December 2015, 01:51 AM
Everyone who follows Yu-Gi-Oh! ,the real life game, the anime , the manga and video games or all the stuff i said previously at the same time ,had some moments of joyness when a card is revealed or when new Episode is up and shows you a good content... But this do not happen all the time sometimes Yu-Gi-Oh! let us down by making a card that you think is "ridiculous" or making a bad anime episode or a bad video game well at the end of the day nothing is perfect everything in this world have its flaws this is how the world rolls, but everyone had a big a letdown ,i had a lot of it like the lack of Rank 4s in RaidRaptors, Akaba Bros few ons-screen times and the fact Jack "lost" to Yusei in the first episodes of 5d's, some of these you can overcome and carry on but some of these you find unnaceptable , my biggest letdowns that comes to my memory now is the Numbers 1 to 4 even the fake forms with execpetion of baal-zebul i thought that those numbers before they come to screen were something god-like numbers or at least not fucking doors and also why numeron dragon is not fucking released yet?.

PS: Sorry for some bad grammar i got a "lil" sick after X-mas

Volteccer
26th December 2015, 02:07 AM
Easy: the real version of the Winged Dragon of Ra. It's supposed to be the strongest of the three gods. And yet, when they made a usable card for it, it lacks it's primary way of getting attack. so it has to rely on Point to Point Transfer, which you can do only once, and if you do, you have to give up almost all of your life points. And if you do, you can't use it's other effect, which also requires life payment. So, you either have high attack and no effect, where losing it will cost you the game, or no attack and a great potential for destruction, which means you're treating it as a spell card.
This is why they made the extra forms to make it playable.

Icematoro
26th December 2015, 02:11 AM
The fact that we'll most likely never get to see Cosmic Blazar Dragon is a good one, He sounded like the coolest monster ever!... And that's all, because he never got to exist...

King
26th December 2015, 02:25 AM
The fact that we'll most likely never get to see Cosmic Blazar Dragon is a good one, He sounded like the coolest monster ever!... And that's all, because he never got to exist...

if someday its gets to be released lets hope to be a generic Lv 12 Synchro i can still dream

LolsterXD97
26th December 2015, 02:26 AM
Let's see about the Anime and Manga:

DM: I don't see a flaw, its the original after all, I never had something against it.

GX: Rushing Season 4 which answered some plot holes and character developement but others were left unanswered (But it was because of some complications with Judai's Seiyuu, it was hard getting him for the Movie too). The Manga felt a bit rushed too.

5ds: Promoting Blackwings (I don't have anything against Crow, he is a nice character after all, but because of his Blackwings 5ds got changed MUCH like Aki and Twins being Demonted to Extra). And having the bad luck of cult related stuff happening in the time 5ds was airing so they changed Yliaster to Future Heros to prevent references (And for more bad luck Carly suffered from that).

Zexal: Not completing the fucking Numbers collection besides having Anime AND Manga to do it. And wasted characters (Numbers Club as the most prominent example). The letdown that were Numbers 1-4. E'rah appering out of the blue in the Manga (But that led to Astral's sad mission).

ARC-V: Slow as fuck pacing in the current Arc, but when it recovers its episodes are NICE. Akaba bros. dueling literally each 30-60 episodes (It required 60 fucking episodes to have Reira at least duel against FODDER, and its one of my favorite ARC-V characters too). Cutting Futoshi and Tatsuya's duels against Reira in the MC, specially after knowing that Tatsuya had "Entermachines" and losing the opportunity of having Reira dueling more.

Not releasing the unused mosnters:
-Colorless, Chaos King of the Dark World.
-Super Fusion God.
-Cosmic Blazar Dragon.
-Number 5: Doom Chimera Dragon (This is the one I want the most of the 4).

TCG/OCG wise: I was dissapointed about the DOCS Raidraptor support, the Rank 3 being trash and Wild Vulture being hyped up for nothing.

I will edit or comment again if I remember some flaws more.

DelCtrl
26th December 2015, 02:47 AM
Biggest letdown: Black Stone of Legend rarity. I wanted to build a good Red-Eyes deck so much, but Konami screwed me up so hard with the Secret Rare Black Stone that I'm still pissed of about it.

Anime wise, Cosmic Blazar Dragon never being revealed and the way Zexal was handled by the writers, with a lot of characters with wasted potential and unfinished plot lines.

Hope in the Interstice
26th December 2015, 03:12 AM
Biggest letdown for me is Black Luster Soldier. How did they screw that up...?

Jakinus
26th December 2015, 03:52 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist is THE letdown of the month for me. I was thinking about gifting myself the game but after seeing some letsplays, yeah... I preferred to play Tag Force 5 in my PSP while I'm away from my computer because of the holidays (btw I'm having a great time playing that game. So much fun and so much nostalgia of beating the cr*p out of everyone with my GB and Infernity D-Heroes). A smaller letdown was Tag Force Arc-V because of not having the monster summon/attack animations.

About the anime... The standard: GX 4to season not being dubbed when I watched it as a kid, Aki being overshadow by Crow and BUYBlackwings, Zexal I...

Now the TCG/OCG, OH BOY. A lot of them are small but the ones that still hurt even today are Cyberdarks, Fortune Ladies and LV monsters (mostly the Silent monsters). I tried and I keep trying to make a deck that works but it's pointless.

Sanokal
26th December 2015, 04:03 AM
Akiza and the twins wasn't Crow's fault.

ChaseLumsden
26th December 2015, 04:21 AM
Oh man do I have a lot.

DM: The fact The Winged Dragon of Ra was separated into three cards, just for it to be usable, with the original form a piece of crap, Sphere Mode being the most underwhelming, despite being great support for the God, due to the set it was in and how late the card came out, and with Phoenix being the most meh, despite its absolute power it had in the anime. In addition, I found the Waking the Dragons Arc slightly decent, as it had some of the coolest monsters in the series thus far, as well as some of the best support for iconic cards, and the fight with the Leviathan, with all three God cards fighting off against this invincible, titanic beast...only to be used as fodder for two measly sets that came out almost 10 years later, and with the entire arc treated as useless, as it's almost always skipped whenever anyone mentions the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

GX: I hate that Japan got Season 4 way the hell before us, the fact that this series was rushed, and despite some nostalgic characters and events, there was hardly no backbone in some of the more climatic Duels. Also, HERO support to this day, to which is insane. Last, I hate Nightshroud overall. Sure, they may have tossed this season out because he looked like the Grim Reaper and Death's crazy anti-christ love child, but the fact the entire series was just a rising point to this guy's appearance...only to end up nothing more than uber-generic bad guy that gets his ass kicked into by a kid, not to mention his entire season punted from the US, and the fact his build-up erased some of the more mysterious plot-holes, character backgrounds, and more, only to be removed? Ew.

5D's: Blackwings. There's too many. Sure, it's a fun archetype, sure, Crow's a cool character, but I wanted to also see more of the Twins and Akiza more. They had interesting backstories, but as soon as Crow gained access to Black-Winged Dragon, Akiza became nothing more than our fanservice, and the twins becoming side characters. it was sad to see. Also, like GX, we didn't get the seasons that were as important as hell until way later. To this day, I'm still answering questions as to why there's Timelords in Yu-Gi-Oh, and if Shooting Quasar was actually used by Yusei in the anime. It's many a stupid question to answer, but yet here I am, having to not judge over a mistake as big as this. Also, can I say that the manga in this series is strange? It's fine by manga standards, but it seems odd to me that Yusei is actually a criminal, Akiza is a Priestess, Jack is the King, and the fact the NOTCrimsion Dragon is the Devil...Just saying!

ZeXal: Oh boy..they messed up, big time. I'm not gonna judge this series, but I'm gonna complain like no one ever did. Not all the numbers were released, the main, most important ones are underwhelming, Number 5 never fucking happened, the manga variants are the most broken cards in the game to date, some defined a format, the show was executed..okay, but didn't have as high expectations of the previous three, the Dub was atrocious, the music in this series was meh, and bad in the dub, another Gx and 5Ds moment happened where we didn't get the important episodes until a year or two later when ARC-V was airing, and that the manga is slightly better, but still somewhat ugly. Most of the characters are devoid of their Anime counterparts, E'Rah is a thing, which is stupid, crazy, and WHY DID THEY NERF DYSTOPIA/ANTI-HOPE. Last, this series introduced a widespread incident known as "Xyz Cancer", which, honestly, is absolutely stupid. This series brought the Rank 4 Spam into the game, and it's sad that this series is always targeted as a scapegoat for everyone's anger about that, and it sickens me more that I do it as well.

ARC-V: despite being good, it's dark as hell, the plot is slow as hell, although there is some great parts that keep us watching it, and that the important Duels with important characters don't actually happen. Also, the Akabas. Riley/Riera finally duels again, after 50 or so episodes, against fodder of all things, and Declan/Reiji finally Duels again after 32 Episodes...as a one-shot with only Kali Yuga and Ragnarok on field...May I mention that there are overhyped characters that actually lower our expectations? Shun, for example. Awesome character, diverse Deck, but in actuality, we only use half the Deck he actually has, as the TCG doesn't have the needed support, that there's better options than a Pure build, the fact that there was overhyped cards that were nothing but trash, and that kids won't understand the person he is as they're not only too young to understand war, but by the time the Dub rolls in the episode with Shun and Crow, they're already going to admire a crap ton more characters, like Yuya and Yuzu, as an example. Sure, we like him, hell, he's my favorite character, but mind you, this is a show with a target audience, meant for children.
Speaking of, why the hell weren't the kids in the Standard Dimension fleshed out more? The three biggest fans of Yuya, each running a Deck that symbolizes him in some way, only to be used as bait for Yuya's desires to make people happy? The fact I don't know their names bugs me too.

Last, the Dub is okay, but it took a long time for the showrunners to get that right, and the manga is stupid. It already spoiled the anime (Odd-Eyes and Co. will merge into a super dragon at Number 100: Numeron Dragon levels.), and it's not even close to the plot of the anime, something the other 4 manga actually stayed close to (For example, Yuya Duels Shun in the Manga, in fact, as the second opponent. When did this happen in the Anime?), and last, there is no connection with the returning characters in the previous animes to ARC-V. I wanted to actually know how Crow was doing after 5D's, not see he's a completely new person with a face we all recognize.

Bleh, I'm done ranting for one evening.

Icematoro
26th December 2015, 06:34 AM
ZeXal: Oh boy..they messed up, big time. I'm not gonna judge this series, but I'm gonna complain like no one ever did.

Pfft, silly Chase, more people than you can count have complained about twice as long already, and a lot have bitched even harder than that, Zexal it's just too hate-able, that paragraph won't get you even close to "complain like no one ever did" :p

TheRamenNoodle
26th December 2015, 08:06 AM
The last part of the GX manga disappointed me greatly. It was far too rushed.

Sanokal
26th December 2015, 09:36 AM
The last part of the GX manga disappointed me greatly. It was far too rushed.

That was probably executive meddling sadly. Though the final duel was still pretty good.

Jolan
26th December 2015, 01:16 PM
Uuuuh I don't have much disappointments, really. I can probably count them on one hand.

Ghost Ogre & Archfiend Eccentrick & Galaxy Cyclone having shitty rarities and low pull rates that warrant the 35$+ cost. They're extremely generic but so rare that having a playset is just very unlikely unless you drop 150$ per playset.
Red Stone of Legend being bumped up to a SECRET RARE of all things. I liked the Red-Eyes deck and I wanted to build it, but...Nope, not with those rarities.
Shun's focus being on Rank-Ups to the point where he has 0 actually useful Rank 4 Raidraptors. Force Strix searches but everything else require RUM cards, why would i bother with those if I can make a single Castel and just spin w/e card is causing me issues????
Majespecter Raccoon being a 35$ Ultra rare. Need I say more?

Actually it seems that all my issues outside of Shun's are related to Konami's decision in terms of printing cards. They're just not accessible enough.

Baroque
26th December 2015, 01:35 PM
Biggest letdowns for me?

1) The Winged Dragon of Ra, like for most people, but I have a particular reason in addition to those stated: they had a working version of its effects that very closely followed the anime's version already available prior to its release in the actual card game. Nightmare Troubadour, that Nintendo DS game they had a fair while back, had it playable and had it built so that on Normal Summon its ATK/DEF-from-Tributes effect would be available, whereas if it was Special Summoned you could perform the point-to-point transfer OR pay-1k-to-pop-card effect. And yes, it was Special Summonable.

If Horakhty sounds like a problem with that, nothing that I'm aware of would've prevented them from potentially adding a condition to Horakhty to render the 'but I could have Special Summoned all three!' issue a nonissue -- either by requiring you to have Normal Summoned the lot of them, OR making it so you couldn't summon other monsters in the turn you Summon Horakhty, or perhaps some other condition I'm not built for thinking of at around 3 in the morning.

2) Zexal's ending. Now, don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the ending itself, and there's a few bits of the card design that I enjoy in it. My problem with it is that it just feels so rushed, like they were trying to get all the things they possibly could that were on their 'to-do list' done for the show -- one major event after another, more plot twists than Yuma has syllables, and back-to-back-to-back 'final duels' at the end of things. I don't exactly dislike the events, but the pacing feels (as said) rushed, and it gives me the impression that they could have done more with the plot than they did, but something-or-other kept them from doing so.

Hope in the Interstice
26th December 2015, 01:47 PM
2) Zexal's ending. Now, don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the ending itself, and there's a few bits of the card design that I enjoy in it. My problem with it is that it just feels so rushed, like they were trying to get all the things they possibly could that were on their 'to-do list' done for the show -- one major event after another, more plot twists than Yuma has syllables, and back-to-back-to-back 'final duels' at the end of things. I don't exactly dislike the events, but the pacing feels (as said) rushed, and it gives me the impression that they could have done more with the plot than they did, but something-or-other kept them from doing so.
As someone who actually liked ZeXal—indeed, it actually got me back into the card game—I felt the same way. It felt like they could've stretched that out over a seventh season. Also, the ending itself rather than just Season 6: Why the hell didn't Yuma get to meet up with his parents again?! Come on, now; give us a heartwarming reunion!

Sanokal
26th December 2015, 06:22 PM
As someone who actually liked ZeXal—indeed, it actually got me back into the card game—I felt the same way. It felt like they could've stretched that out over a seventh season. Also, the ending itself rather than just Season 6: Why the hell didn't Yuma get to meet up with his parents again?! Come on, now; give us a heartwarming reunion!
Executive meddling again. They cut a few things and accelerated the last season. Maybe Yoshida shouldn't have done so much filler for the start of ZEXAL II.

Mari
26th December 2015, 06:35 PM
biggest letdown is whenever Shin Yoshida gets to be in charge of things. I don't consider him to be a great writer (zexal is the biggest offender of this) and whenever I see he's taking care of something new yugioh related my expectations drop greatly of said thing (only exception is the new movie only because Takahashi is the one in charge and not Yoshida)

TCG/OCG-wise... I don't think I have any other complain that hasn't been said already (unfinished archetypes being my biggest letdown)

King
26th December 2015, 07:38 PM
Also, the Akabas. Riley/Riera finally duels again, after 50 or so episodes, against fodder of all things, and Declan/Reiji finally Duels again after 32 Episodes...as a one-shot with only Kali Yuga and Ragnarok on field...

Just for the record if Reira got more on-screen duels and showing new cards like in the previous EP and somehow his stuff gets released in real life ,C/Cs will be godlike, Reira will be (or already is) one of the strongest characters in the show

Dread Kaiser
26th December 2015, 07:56 PM
Oh man do I have a lot.

ZeXal: Oh boy..they messed up, big time. I'm not gonna judge this series, but I'm gonna complain like no one ever did.

Uhhhhhhhh
yeah you WERE around when I was on Disqus, right.....I Ranted so hard my Browser ran out of memory when I hit the post button

ARKhaven
26th December 2015, 08:07 PM
Uhhhhhhhh
yeah you WERE around when I was on Disqus, right.....I Ranted so hard my Browser ran out of memory when I hit the post button

Lmao you ran out of memory? I think I remember a chunk of that rant, on...........someone.

Icematoro
26th December 2015, 08:47 PM
Uhhhhhhhh

Expected no less from you lol
If you happen to keep a copy of it somewhere on your Disqus Account it'd be lovely if you were to share it!

citrus
26th December 2015, 09:45 PM
Konami keeps reprint the unplayable God Cards in TCG, just because they're the ones in anime. At least give us Ra's card with its ancient Egyptian chant on it, for the love of crap.

KingKaash
28th January 2016, 05:27 AM
DM: The Dartz duel going out of control (in my opinion) because he summoned that Infinity ATK Divine Serpent at the end. Like the duel started out great with Kaiba and Atem vs Dartz and his Orichalcos cards but it just got out of hand with the Knights and the Divine Serpent with Infinity attack points. No Infinity ATK please.

Also never getting to see Joey vs Yugi so that Joey could get his Red Eyes back. Like how are you not going to show that?

GX: Never getting to see the ending of Atem vs Jaden. I was so mad that they stopped that halfway.

5Ds: Cosmic Blazar is a good one

Zexal: Yuma's friends like Bronk and Tori being close to useless.

Arc-V: Yuto being absorbed by Yuya. I know there's already too many characters in the series. But Yuto shouldn't be taken away. He should atleast be appearing more often. If he could switch off with Yuya like they do in the Manga then that would be kinda cool

Dread Kaiser
28th January 2016, 08:52 PM
Expected no less from you lol
If you happen to keep a copy of it somewhere on your Disqus Account it'd be lovely if you were to share it!

somehow never came back to this but yes I do still have access to that rant

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao you ran out of memory? I think I remember a chunk of that rant, on...........someone.

on Raiko, the guy that kept saying Zexal was THE best series, then gave horrible reasonings for it (like drawing comparisons to Yuma and Kamina from TTGL)

Icematoro
28th January 2016, 10:52 PM
on Raiko, the guy that kept saying Zexal was THE best series, then gave horrible reasonings for it (like drawing comparisons to Yuma and Kamina from TTGL)

Kamina... and Yuma?... he really did that?... Ugh...

Sanokal
28th January 2016, 11:42 PM
Kamina... and Yuma?... he really did that?... Ugh...

Popularity aside that doesn't even work.

King
28th January 2016, 11:45 PM
How the hell can someone can compare Zexal to TTGL ?

Icematoro
29th January 2016, 02:13 AM
I'd understand Drill Warrior and TTGL, as far as I know, Drill Warrior was inspired by TTGL, but Yuma and Kamina?...

Baroque
29th January 2016, 08:05 AM
I'd assume the 'hot-blooded motivator-of-people' sorta person being why -- that's the only thing that really comes to my mind regarding comparing the two of 'em. Honestly, it's not a very close resemblance, but it's at least not completely out of nowhere.

Dread Kaiser
29th January 2016, 05:55 PM
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/ygorganization/ocg_duelist_road_event/#comment-1772776364
And yes, I happened to have kept these things around.....

and instead of linking the rant
[LINK WAS HERE, PM if you want access]
a Giant ass index of all fun things, Stupid things, and general Dirt that happened on Disqus, some records of people saying "Mark my words" and some fun from chatango after I got banhammered

Because I was REALLY fucking bored one day

reading over my old comments is interesting, im having a lot of "I really said shit like this?" moments right now.

EDIT: Right...wasn't public viewin...now I'm gonna get flooded by access requests.....lets not have that link there

Sanokal
20th March 2016, 08:44 AM
Did I ever state that my biggest letdown was the god-awful animation in DM from season three onwards?

SynjoDeonecros
21st March 2016, 01:06 AM
I hated GX Season 4; I thought it was pointless, didn't do much of anything to expand on the story (except somewhat explaining the whole Abandoned Dorm thing), and ultimately Darkness was a pathetic boss enemy. Trueman reminds me too much like Michael Jackson in looks, and is incredibly bland in personality. Jaden becoming Emo Boy after he returned all smiles from his trip through the dimensions was really jarring and inappropriate, methinks. Honestly, I'm glad that they decided not to dub it; the end of Season 3 felt like a cohesive whole, to me.

I also hate the shift that they did to 5D's with character focus; I didn't like Crow, that much, so the focus being put on him far more than the other signers is just stupid. And yeah, Blackwings was a cancer to the game, sucking away what could have been room for better, more generic or character-specific cards. Yusei being an unbeatable Gary Stu really bugged me, especially during his team's duel with Team Unicorn; seriously, his answer to being on the losing side of a mill deck is to shame the opponent into attacking instead of completing the combo? This, from the guy who showed that no card was useless earlier in the series? Bullshit. I also didn't like the omissions 4Kids did to the dubbing; missing out on the Red Nova arc and the last part of the Yliaster arc was frustrating. Though I did like how they handwaved not showing the ending to Kalin's duel with that one cowboy by basically having Kalin call the guy out for ragequitting. That was interesting.

Don't really have much to complain about with Zexal; I like the Xyz mechanic a hell of a lot better than Synchros, back during the 5D's era, despite the Rank 4 spam, but I can see why people hate the fact that most of the useful and/or broken Xyzs are Rank 4.

I kinda fell off the Arc-V bandwagon halfway through the Synchro Dimension; it's just not grabbing me like I feel it should, and I honestly don't like the idea of Solid Vision with Mass; DM, GX, and 5D's already have holodeck-like holograms, so why drop the pretense NOW? At least it brought us my favorite Beast/Beast-Warrior archetype of all time, the Yosenjus.

As far as the card game goes... the dropping of a cohesive strategy for Senet Switch monsters, Union monsters, and especially Gemini monsters really bugs me; when are we getting our were-animal-themed Gemini monster archetype, Konami? It's right there, you have the rights to both Metamorphic Force and Bloody Roar, so why not? The errata'd cards they're releasing to purposely take them off of the banned list kinda bugs me; kinda ruins the fun of the cards, in the first place, and makes the Traditional Format pointless. Too much focus on Warrior, Dragon, and Spellcaster monsters for support also disappoints me; we don't really have a cohesive Wyrm or Sea-Serpent deck, yet, and other archetypes are getting shit support, as of late.

Sanokal
21st March 2016, 02:30 AM
You went off ARC-V halfway through? But that was when it started to improve again! Which episode?

SynjoDeonecros
21st March 2016, 03:43 PM
You went off ARC-V halfway through? But that was when it started to improve again! Which episode?

I don't remember the exact episode, but it was sometime shortly after they went to the Synchro dimension and started the Friendship Cup. I kinda lost interest, after that.

Sanokal
22nd March 2016, 02:14 AM
I don't remember the exact episode, but it was sometime shortly after they went to the Synchro dimension and started the Friendship Cup. I kinda lost interest, after that.

Ah. Episodes 74-75 were where it really started to improve again, but I personally found many of the episodes in between entertaining for different reasons.

ScionStorm
22nd March 2016, 05:39 AM

That's where I didn't watch 5 weeks in a row and then binge watched all the episodes in one day and I was very entertained. Don't quit on the show yet. Some parts I find more engaging as a binge instead of week-by-week. It's nice getting to see a whole duel straight through sometimes.

Also, I don't agree with you on Solid Vision. I like it. It seems like the right kind of technological progression rather than the stupid backstep of Zexal's AR google glass. Solid Vision means the duelists can all now interact with their monsters. Overtly. Riding them, backflipping off a motorcycle onto the hologram of a giant mecha falcon and the like. Also, it means the action fields. Being able to construct a completely virtual environment that you can touch. Without the use of a Millennium Item.

Hope in the Interstice
22nd March 2016, 05:53 AM
That's where I didn't watch 5 weeks in a row and then binge watched all the episodes in one day and I was very entertained. Don't quit on the show yet. Some parts I find more engaging as a binge instead of week-by-week. It's nice getting to see a whole duel straight through sometimes.
That said, the Synchro arc is kind of a letdown as a whole.

Also, I don't agree with you on Solid Vision. I like it. It seems like the right kind of technological progression rather than the stupid backstep of Zexal's AR google glass. Solid Vision means the duelists can all now interact with their monsters. Overtly. Riding them, backflipping off a motorcycle onto the hologram of a giant mecha falcon and the like. Also, it means the action fields. Being able to construct a completely virtual environment that you can touch. Without the use of a Millennium Item.
I don't understand the backlash of the AR Vision. I think it's quite a great idea.

Volteccer
22nd March 2016, 12:45 PM
I don't understand the backlash of the AR Vision. I think it's quite a great idea.

Some people think it's kind of a step back from the previous series use of actual holograms. Still, it was cool because it had potential to show real environmental damage.. and they forgot about that feature about four episodes in.

I'm just slightly disappointed there's no D-gazer app for the 3DS.

SynjoDeonecros
22nd March 2016, 07:45 PM
I like the AR Vision better than the Solid Vision; Solid Vision is more or less holodeck technology with the serial number filed off, especially so with Solid Vision w/Mass. AR Vision seems like something that would be practical and available for use IRL. I don't like how the characters act like they're being flung around by the monsters and attacks and whatnot like with the Solid Vision, but it does seem more practical than Solid Vision, especially for people who don't want to see the duel; just take off the D-Gazer, and you don't have to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then we've got the issue that the non-Massed Solid Vision caused plenty of injuries, anyway, for a tech meant for a children's card game, and while you can adjust the sponginess of the Solid vision, you're still facing trampling by a monster or falling off a holographic building or something. Also, who wants to bet that people in the Arc-V universe is using that tech for... less than savory or moral things (*coughDuelMonsterBrothelscough*)?

Baconator
22nd March 2016, 08:55 PM
Some people think it's kind of a step back from the previous series use of actual holograms. Still, it was cool because it had potential to show real environmental damage.. and they forgot about that feature about four episodes in.

I'm just slightly disappointed there's no D-gazer app for the 3DS.

It is a step back in technology, but it's much better from a design standpoint. Imagine you're a non-duelist during battle city, and you just want to get to work without running straight into a duel.

King
22nd March 2016, 09:24 PM
Talking about letdowns, let us not forget about pot of cupidity A.K.A pot of stupidty.

LolsterXD97
22nd March 2016, 09:27 PM
Talking about letdowns, let us not forget about pot of cupidity A.K.A pot of stupidty.

A.K.A "balanced" Pot of Greed.

King
22nd March 2016, 09:47 PM
A.K.A "balanced" Pot of Greed.

I haven't dropped enough rants on this card yet,

Hope in the Interstice
23rd March 2016, 04:27 AM
I haven't dropped enough rants on this card yet,
I beg to differ.

Sanokal
23rd March 2016, 07:44 AM
You aren't the only one.

Cheesedude
30th March 2016, 05:17 AM
The rest of the Planet Series not being released....oh wait.

Baroque
30th March 2016, 03:12 PM
The rest of the Planet Series not being released....oh wait.
And now I think I get why you have that Jesse Anderson avvie. Excited for Mercury, eh?

Cheesedude
30th March 2016, 06:26 PM
"It was a happy duel" is not a meme.

That's unacceptable and I will do my part to rectify that.

SynjoDeonecros
2nd April 2016, 06:05 PM
The decline of hobby leagues and the Traditional Format really depresses me, because - as I said in my own thread about this - I'm not in any real position to regularly go to local tournaments to test out my decks. At this point, they might as well get rid of the Traditional format altogether and just go with one format, like the OCG has.

Also, why hasn't there been more chain link-based cards, since Cyberdark Impact? I mean, they were pretty cool, and Chain Burn and Chain Beat are a thing, so...

cypher32
29th April 2016, 06:43 PM
Just got around to this thread, so lets make this perfectly clear:

DM/Original Series: I'll be honest with you; this series will always have a special place in my heart, as it was the first anime series I had ever watched (even if it was the dub). Yugioh was what got me into anime from the beginning, and even with all of its flaws, the anime and manga will always be at the top of my list, especially the manga, which I consider to be one of the best shonen jump series ever written. In short, for all of its flaws, I still think this series is the best.

GX: I was split on seasons 1-3; when it was good, it was really, really good, and when it was bad, it was really, really bad, and that's all I will say (BTW: I think they should have just kept Yubel as either all female, or all male. I know it sounds weird, but...). As for season 4, while it was a bit rushed, what pissed me off the most was episode 162. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not huge on the romance (evident by my dislike of the twilight franchise), but when I see a potential relationship between two characters, especially if they have some good chemistry with eachother, I usually hope that it works out in the end, you know, for a happy ending. I believe that Jaden and Alexis should have been a couple by the end of the episode, and I know that a lot of people will back me up on this. I mean, we ALL knew she has a thing for him, and I think 162 episodes was long enough, and don't start giving me BS about potential reasons why it shouldn't have happened; you're wasting your breath. Aside from that, I enjoyed season 4, though better D-Hero and more Cyber support would have been nice. As for the manga, it was... interesting, maybe...

5ds: No real complaints. I think that seasons 3 and 4 were really good compared to season 1 and 2. Having mainly adults as the protagonists was a welcome change from high schoolers, although I also feel that Crow and his Blackwings got a little too much love compared to Akiza and the twins, but that's what topping tournaments is all about I guess...
Manga was better then I thought, though it was a bit more illogical then the anime, and kind of lost me midway.

Zexal: I'll be honest; Yuma was, by my standards, the worst of the five protagonists of yugioh. Most of this comes from his dub voice, which I really did not enjoy, or maybe its because they regressed from adults to middle schoolers in the show, though I did like how he rose from the ranks to be the best after being the worst, a classic 'zero-to-hero' story. Zexal 1 was a bit below average, Kaito being the only 'wow' factor in that season, though Zexal II vastly improved on the story and made it much better, plus the concept of aliens is always interesting, as long as its not directed by Ridley Scott...
Manga was... no comment.

Arc-V: Very slow pacing compared to the previous series, although the story sits better with me then you might think. I really enjoyed how they played around with the 'Doppelganger theory' regarding the four Yu's, and through dimensions no less! Of course, for me, it's still a little early to fully judge, but so far it's been a decent ride. Manga so far though has vastly exceeded expectations, and I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.

The game itself: I have been playing this game, since I was 10 back in '03, and although I stopped around the middle of GX, I came back at the start of Zexal, and haven't stopped since. One of the reasons that I had stopped, was that I moved to a different country, and over there, Yugioh did not exist as a card game, though the series still aired, and ordering online was as expensive as fuck, so yeah. I got back in at a time where Yugioh was finally played and sold, even though it was one shop and it was still expensive as fuck, but still, I was happy.

I was going to say that one of the problems was ridiculous rarity bumps, but that sorted itself out. I think that tournaments outside of the US, Canada, Australia and parts of Europe (talking about the TCG), aren't as popular as they could be, so I think that the biggest letdown is how they handle Yugioh in countries new to the game. That concept is improving, but it needs more effort. I guess we'll have to wait and see.