PDA

View Full Version : Question Based From Arc V Episode 72

Devocrown
14th September 2015, 06:05 AM
So i asked this question on VoicesofChaos stream with a couple responses, but ill ask on here as well. As we know from ep 72, Yuya and Yugo were basically synchronized during Yugo's duel with Neo Nuevo Nappa Sawatari. If we look back in season 2 when Yuto and Yugo were dueling, were they also synchronizing? Or were they overlaying? Could it be possible they were doing both at the same time? From what we know, Yuya ever since having Yuto soul inside of him, goes berserk. Now when Yuya and Yugo were synchronizing, he wasn't berserk just more or less zoning out and being in the same place as Yugo, saying the same thing. Back to the duel with Yuto and Yugo, they both were saying the same thing at some point and both were in a somewhat berserk state. What do you guys think?

Blue
14th September 2015, 06:08 AM
I would like to think the merger between Yuya-Yuto and Yugo will happen when Academia attacks and ends up beating Yugo.

What I want to see is what happens when Yuri joins the mix.

Yuya with a serial killer's smile as he viciously murders all of his friends and hands Yuzu off to the Professor would be amazing.

Hope in the Interstice
14th September 2015, 06:29 AM
There are very different circumstances surrounding each of the new 'states' of the Yus.

In episode 39, Yuto was inhabiting Yuya's body.

In episode 72, the two are far away from each other yet close enough for their dragons to interact.

There are so many singular instances of personality change and it's hard to link them together but we know that the dragons seem to be amplifiers.

Corebenick
14th September 2015, 07:00 AM
I'm willing to bet the four "Yu's" may be split souls of the same person.
Also hopeing the movie will back up this claim.

Mofiz
14th September 2015, 11:00 AM
Hard to tell. Each of the Yus reacted differently to each other. Yuugo and Yuto went batshit against each other while Yuya vs Yuto ended calm. And Yuri doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything at all. Yuya is probably the main factor of all the Yus and whatever the hell that darkness inside him is. If this series wouldn't be so damn slow...

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 11:08 AM
The show isn't telling.

However, Yugo is the Synchro representive and Yuto is the Xyz representive.

Not too odd Yugo would synch with Yuya and Yuto would overlay with Yuya, now would it?

Mofiz
14th September 2015, 11:19 AM
And how will Yuya and Yuuri fuse? The ZeXal Overlaying of Yuma and Astral pretty much was a fusion, mostly because it's almost the same.

NeoArkadia
14th September 2015, 11:38 AM
Yuya clearly gets Green and Purple hair, looking like a bad David Bowie knockoff.

Mari
14th September 2015, 01:36 PM
My guess is that Berserk Mode is originally Yuto's power (probably why he always says that he doesn't want to hurt more people anymore) and when he "overlaid" with Yuya the Berserk Mode was amplified. So I also think that Yugo was Synchronizing with Yuto during their duel and that Yugo can't enter Berserk Mode by himself.

Also I think the difference between overlaying and fusing (I'm talking in Arc-V terms, in Zexal overlaying was more literal) is that when two Yu's overlay their powers are amplified, while I think fusing is going to be something different entirely.

Blue
14th September 2015, 03:40 PM
I'm still subscribed to the theory that when Yuri actually gets involved with the story again it's going to end badly for everyone involved.

Maybe some remote mind control shit.

He's been pulling the strings of the other Yu's for a bit of time now; kidnapping Yuto and Yugo's respective girls and then pinning it on the other.

Thanako
14th September 2015, 05:24 PM
Nobody is to say that Yuya is the only one with such an ability, either. On top of that, Yuzu's bracelet is another factor.

It is apparent that Academia understands these things you are asking far better than we can at this moment, although they seem to only understand the Yuzu side of it all. If they do know about the Yuri (from their perspective he is the main "Yu") side, they don't seem to care as much as with the Yuzu side.

LionOhDay
15th September 2015, 01:01 AM
Here's a sad thought if Yuto and Yuya overlayed. What if while battling Yuri we see Yuto fade away his material being used to strengthen Yuya.

Cheesedude
15th September 2015, 02:08 AM
Meiru sees Yuya and Yuto's souls orbiting a black mass. So they're both Overlay Units. If they were detached....well, that black mass is the thing that will get the power boost.

At this point, I assume that Yuya is some sort of destruction god whose soul was split, with Yuzu being a creation goddess who was also split.

The black mass represents the original personality. Or something.

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 07:37 PM
Meiru sees Yuya and Yuto's souls orbiting a black mass. So they're both Overlay Units. If they were detached....well, that black mass is the thing that will get the power boost.

At this point, I assume that Yuya is some sort of destruction god whose soul was split, with Yuzu being a creation goddess who was also split.

The black mass represents the original personality. Or something.

Slightly old thread but..

I had a similar theory. Yuya and the others have something very bad sealed inside them, and they were split to keep it sealed away. Yuzu and her counterparts are intended to keep it sealed. Yuzu's bracelet, and presumably the others too, are meant to keep the "seals" apart, which is why it always teleports them away whenever another appears. It's keeping the various Yu away from each other for a reason.

Dread Kaiser
17th September 2015, 07:43 PM
Thats.......actually a damn good theory. I had never put any real thought into those

AccelRainbowDashley
17th September 2015, 08:26 PM
I might put entirely too much thought into my theories, but at least Arc V keeps it fun. GX was the last YGO anime I watched in full and everything was so linear, there wasn't much room to discuss.

GodYuya
17th September 2015, 11:47 PM
How about this?
Yuya - is just a normal/standard person (standard dimension)
Yuto - has the capability of being overlayed (i.e. his soul is being absorbed) - Xyz
Yugo - has the capability of being synchronized with another Yu- Synchro
Yuri - is going to be fused with anotehr Yu (i.e. not just his soul trapped inside, but actually becomes one person.

Hope in the Interstice
18th September 2015, 12:03 AM
Thats.......actually a damn good theory. I had never put any real thought into those
Indeed, the biggest question is why Yuzu's bracelet has this effect on the Yus, and the only reason I could come up with is "to keep them away".

... I wonder if Serena's bracelet does the same thing?

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 12:07 AM
Indeed, the biggest question is why Yuzu's bracelet has this effect on the Yus, and the only reason I could come up with is "to keep them away".

... I wonder if Serena's bracelet does the same thing?

Probably not, Rins Bracelet clearly doesn't have that effect so I doubt Serenas would

IF that theory is right. Yuzus is probably to keep the others from eachother. I expect the other 3 would undo their union with Yuya or stop the effects of their counterparts

Cheesedude
18th September 2015, 12:54 AM
On that note, you'd have to assume Selena knows Yuri somehow, given how the other Yuyas and Yuzus are connected. Yet she's not even mentioned him...

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:15 AM
Well given that he seems to be the Professors go-to problem solver and she was a (special) grunt that was kept on a leash (she doesn't seem to be anyone important as far as she knows), its possible they just never met or were intentionally kept away from each other for that reason. It wouldn't surprise me since I doubt any Meeting with Yuri would end well for her given what we know of him.

that and Given Academia was apparently Militarized, its also possible they never met because of their ranks.

Hope in the Interstice
18th September 2015, 01:42 AM
Well given that he seems to be the Professors go-to problem solver and she was a (special) grunt that was kept on a leash (she doesn't seem to be anyone important as far as she knows), its possible they just never met or were intentionally kept away from each other for that reason. It wouldn't surprise me since I doubt any Meeting with Yuri would end well for her given what we know of him.

that and Given Academia was apparently Militarized, its also possible they never met because of their ranks.
That's entirely possible. Alternatively, she doesn't think it's an important topic right now.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:43 AM
That's entirely possible. Alternatively, she doesn't think it's an important topic right now.

Maybe, but given everyone else reaction to the counterparts, I dunno. you'd think she'd react....

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 01:49 AM
Probably not, Rins Bracelet clearly doesn't have that effect so I doubt Serenas would

IF that theory is right. Yuzus is probably to keep the others from eachother. I expect the other 3 would undo their union with Yuya or stop the effects of their counterparts

Wasn't she unconscious when Yuri took her? It's possible the wearer needs to be awake for the bracelet to do anything. It doesn't have very good range since the Yu trio were able to meet with no issues beyond the whole berserk thing. For the bracelet to only work in close proximity and while the bearer is awake isn't much of a stretch.

Sakuya
18th September 2015, 01:50 AM
I still fully believe that yuri will use super poly to fuse with yuya. Maybe combining all 4 yus(assuming that yuya also absorbs yugo at some point, since they're already kinda there with syncing) will fuck everything up and either yuri ends up sucking up all the yus with super poly, yuya ends up coming out on top somehow, or super ultra supreme king yurigota ends up becoming the villain

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 01:52 AM
Wasn't she unconscious when Yuri took her? It's possible the wearer needs to be awake for the bracelet to do anything. It doesn't have very good range since the Yu trio were able to meet with no issues beyond the whole berserk thing. For the bracelet to only work in close proximity and while the bearer is awake isn't much of a stretch.

possible, but given it activates without Yuzu doing anything I don't think so. and it has pretty good range as it warpped out Yuri before Yugo, who was on a motorcycle, came into sight. further since Yuri was clearly blindsided by it, he probably never ran into that problem.
not to mentioned while she was out Yuri and Yugo weren't more then...what 8 feet from eachother? so I don't think range is an issue

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:07 AM
The only other explanation is the other girl's bracelets do different things, but I can't imagine what. As said above, Leo is probably completely aware of it and that's why he kept Selena away from Yuri, but then it goes back to her bracelet having the teleportation ability. If they had grown up together and become friends, there's a chance she'd want to stay near him and that could cause issues when sending him on missions. I still think they have to be awake for it, though. It's the only reason why Rin's did nothing aside from it having another ability. The girl herself certainly doesn't need to do anything to activate though, it's an automatic defence. Otherwise it would run the risk of human emotion getting in the way.

Range is important because Yuya, Yugo and Yuzu are all in the same building during the Friendship Cup. If it had good range, it would be activating and sending someone, somewhere else. Since it's not, it probably requires them to be in much closer proximity to one another.

There's also the matter of Clear Wing, which had Yugo teleporting around to the different dimensions, and how the dragons react to one another. They're either part of the seal, or part of what's trying to break it.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:12 AM
Well thats the thing, teh Bracelet DID respond when Yuya and Yugo were in the arena, but it did something different, it just started blinking instead of warping them out

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:15 AM
It's done that before, too, when it just glows or something. I have no idea why, though. This is why the villains always almost win, the safeguards to stop things from happening are always crap.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:24 AM
that and the guys holding the safeguards know precisely jack shit about them. ESPECIALLY the spirit keys from GX

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:35 AM
Well, they knew what the keys did in GX. It was explained to them pretty clearly. The issue with the keys was, he said they had to be won in duels, but they were ultimately stolen and used without any issue or dueling involved. Made the whole thing look like filler.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:40 AM
yeah, WE know, the guys holding them didn't know shit and that is what let teh beasts out. and what I meant when I said "The guys holding them know jack shit about them"

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 02:45 AM
No, that's not what I meant. The ones holding the keys knew exactly what they did, and what they were for.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 02:52 AM
The ones holding the Keys (especially Chazz) knew nothing of them, its how the beasts got out in what they thought would be a friendly almost filler duel.
If I recall right, Kagemaru mentioned that the Keys weren't even needed, they were just something to fight over and that enough Duel energy (because apparently having a school of it wasn't enough) was all that was needed

if they knew, or if Chazz did atleast, he probably wouldn't have taken them over something so stupid, then lose with all 7 of them...

Cheesedude
18th September 2015, 03:09 AM
Yeah, the keys were a red herring altogether.

They were trinkets that would force the holders and the Seven Stars to duel one another. All that was needed open the Spirit Gates was lots and lots of intense duels and the keys provided a reason to duel.

But uh, if this keeps up, we should split this topic.

AccelRainbowDashley
18th September 2015, 03:12 AM
That was a twist though, the principal said that the bad guys were coming for them, and needed to win them in a duel. As far as anyone knew that was the truth, viewer included.

EDIT: What Cheese said.

Dread Kaiser
18th September 2015, 03:33 AM
Yeah, What Master Cheese said.

Think we are done with the GX Side track anyhow

GodYuya
18th September 2015, 04:33 AM
Now assume Leo's plan were to use the 4 dimension dragons to store some duel energy in order to get an ultimate card to rule/destroy the world (like most anime protagonist does). The bracelets are the seals that needs to be broken / prevents them from doing so (with each having another effect)?

AccelRainbowDashley
19th September 2015, 04:59 AM
Leo wants to merge the dimensions. That's been made pretty clear. Barring a swerve, that's what we go with.

Dread Kaiser
19th September 2015, 02:20 PM
Now assume Leo's plan were to use the 4 dimension dragons to store some duel energy in order to get an ultimate card to rule/destroy the world (like most anime protagonist does). The bracelets are the seals that needs to be broken / prevents them from doing so (with each having another effect)?

you should stop reading GX/ARC V Crossover fanfic's, Leo is not Yubel

SynjoDeonecros
19th September 2015, 03:11 PM
Speaking of, since we now have a version of Jack Atlas and Crow in the Synchro dimension, will we get a version of some of the side characters from GX in the Fusion dimension, or from Zexal in the Xyz dimension? It would be interesting to see Yuma and Astral taking a John Connor-like spot in the resistance, or Chaz being a high-rank member of the Academia...

Dread Kaiser
19th September 2015, 03:35 PM
Speaking of, since we now have a version of Jack Atlas and Crow in the Synchro dimension, will we get a version of some of the side characters from GX in the Fusion dimension, or from Zexal in the Xyz dimension? It would be interesting to see Yuma and Astral taking a John Connor-like spot in the resistance, or Chaz being a high-rank member of the Academia...

Perhaps, Perhaps not
Synchro was basically untouched from how it was
Xyz was reduced to Rubble, the plot may not even go there and any Alternate Characters may have already been Carded or are part of the Resistance. Also I would not expect Astral to show up even if Yuma does. Yusei doesn't appear to exist so I doubt Yuma or Jaden would show up anyway. Having Astral around would just raise a shitload of questions as to where the other 2 worlds are and Where the Numbers are. Given Jack's Scarlight seems to be nothing more then just a really powerful monster, I doubt they'd bring the numbers back in any form. Likewise for the other GX dimensions, Super Poly and Yubel.

As for Fusion, the fact that Academia is still there and still evil means that any Alternate GX characters have completely different personalities then their GX selfs (which may as well make them completely different characters really) or are their usual selfs and probably already beaten or just don't exist (Again, Still Evil so no good guy won there...)

in short its entirely possible that Jack and Crow are the only alternate characters we will see, though that would be a waste.

Zarafkiel
19th September 2015, 03:41 PM
I'm actually curious as to Yugi and the gang getting Scales, especially since it's possible for them to be living in Standard. Might be related to the upcoming movie, but since there's already theories that main characters of other series (like Yusei and Yuma) wouldn't be appearing, I'm finding it possible for side characters like Kaiba and Joey to make their appearances sometime in ArcV.

Also, have they revealed the face of the Professor of the Academia?

Dread Kaiser
19th September 2015, 03:48 PM
yeah, Professor = Leo Akaba, we saw his face a LONG time ago

Blue
19th September 2015, 05:07 PM
Leo wants to merge the dimensions. That's been made pretty clear. Barring a swerve, that's what we go with.

Yes, he wants to merge them. But the real question is: for what purpose?

Is it going to be a face turn where it turns out that if he doesn't merge the dimensions they'll all fall apart and be destroyed?

Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Knowing yugioh writers, its probably the second option. Then again some of the stuff that has happened thus far is atypical for a yugioh writer.

AccelRainbowDashley
19th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Yes, he wants to merge them. But the real question is: for what purpose?

Is it going to be a face turn where it turns out that if he doesn't merge the dimensions they'll all fall apart and be destroyed?

Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Knowing yugioh writers, its probably the second option. Then again some of the stuff that has happened thus far is atypical for a yugioh writer.

Given they way the plot went from "Yuya wants to become stronger to defeat Reiji" to "inter-dimensional war" I wouldn't be surprised if Leo's intentions are actually good. Even Reiji is ambiguous as a "good guy", plus we still don't know what happened to Yuya's father. It's entirely possible he left because he's involved with Leo's plan. Reiji's mother said he was an enemy of LDS, but LDS are working against Leo and Academia. The fact that I've legitimately enjoyed Arc-V so far gives me faith in the writers.

Dread Kaiser
20th September 2015, 04:03 AM
...Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Actually no Villain (outside of the 4Kids dubs) has had teh "Rule the world" BS for a Motive.
Kaiba, Petty vengence for losing in a card game (and the mind raping, but mostly that first one)
Pegasus, wanted his wife back
Marik, (Misguided) Revenge
Yami Marik, Murder for funsies. wanted to cause as much pain as he fucking could to anyone he could
Dartz, End of the World because he thought Human = Evil and his God was Hungry
Siegfried, Petty Revenge
Zorc/Yami Bakura, End of the World. he was Basically a giant Heartless

Kagemaru wanted to be Young again
Sartorious/Light of Destruction, End of the World
Yubel,....Not goin into that shit
Darkness, Instrumentality

Rex, Destroy & Recreate the World as he saw becoming a God as the only way to give the Finger to Destiny
Zone&Friends, Avoid Bad End Future

Faker, Save Son Via Deal with Vector, leading to...
Barians, basically Destroy Astral World before they can do the same to them (and for funsies in Vectors case)
Don K, ....He was basically the God of Chaos. Destroying Astral World aside it was just as much for its own sake as anything

so yeah, Yugioh has never actually sunk as low as using a power-hungry nutjob as a main villain, the Closest probably being Akhenaden and his case he wanted someone else to rule. Given how well ARC V has been Done I doubt they will start that shit now.

SynjoDeonecros
20th September 2015, 04:39 AM
"Soon, I shall give everyone the power to Special Summon however they wish. And when everyone can Special Summon..." *flips Vanity's Emptiness* "NO ONE CAN!"

Blue
20th September 2015, 09:10 AM
"Soon, I shall give everyone the power to Special Summon however they wish. And when everyone can Special Summon..." *flips Vanity's Emptiness* "NO ONE CAN!"

In the epilogue, Yuya and yuzu ascend to the heavens to be the living embodiment's of the banlist so that no card will ever be too powerful.

The end.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
20th September 2015, 06:43 PM
In the epilogue, Yuya and yuzu ascend to the heavens to be the living embodiment's of the banlist so that no card will ever be too powerful.

The end.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica spoiler below, be warned:

So they collectively pull a Madoka?