PDA

View Full Version : Episode 87 Discussion: Synchro Rage

KingJinzo
28th December 2015, 08:12 PM
What do I need to say? Roget is an asshole as ever. Melissa irritates some viewers. And a lot of egao.

All four Yuyas synchronize this episode, Crow feels betrayed again, five hippos die, I guess the effects of the Destruction/Creation duo are revealed to be more broken for Yuya's deck. If Xiangsheng Magician can change Levels to make the effects of the dragon's work, so should Xiangke Magician as well. Either way, we also see Serena's (who's got a not-so-dumb dub name (Celina)) bracelet's glowing for the first time (show me Rin and Ruri shots, damn it!).

By the way, doesn't the card in Yuya's hand remind you of a certain crimson dragon?
http://40.media.tumblr.com/80379d96ae814c8c235f9ad0e706bd00/tumblr_o01f0nWDEH1tzy27bo1_1280.jpgAkaki Ryu?

LolsterXD97
28th December 2015, 10:24 PM
Noticed that Anime!Xiangke works on any Xyz Monster on the field too, so we may see some Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes shenanigans if Yuya and co. go to Xyz Dumension (But seriously, that Xiansheng play was awesome, too sad it doesn't work that way irl).

Roger is an asshole, electrocuting Yuya just to make him more agressive (Bad for him it worked) and Crow still changes his opinions very fast. Serena's (Or should I say Celina's) bracelet FINALLY did something. And that card that remsembles the Crimson Dragon is purple, not red (But it still made OERD awesome in the preview):
https://41.media.tumblr.com/ccfac4cb828437fedca35d54ed0f941a/tumblr_o00f02OTfI1rzcpvjo5_1280.jpg

ScionStorm
28th December 2015, 10:35 PM
Why is Serena's name suddenly Celina now?

KingJinzo
28th December 2015, 10:42 PM
Why is Serena's name suddenly Celina now?

It isn't. Celina is her dub name. Her name is still Serena. With an R. The subbers should really fix that stupid thing. Even if Selena is derived from "Selene", Serena still works for both "serenade" and "mare serenitatis", having both the music and moon theme in her name even without the L.

ScionStorm
28th December 2015, 10:47 PM
Why such an ugly spelling of Selena for her dub name?

LolsterXD97
28th December 2015, 10:49 PM
Why such an ugly spelling of Selena for her dub name?

Because dub.

ScionStorm
28th December 2015, 10:50 PM
Because dumb.
Fixed. Seriously. Hate dub names.

Archsorcerer
28th December 2015, 10:56 PM
I watched a few episodes of 5Ds a while ago. Has the guy that used Supersonic Skull Flame against Jack early in that series appeared?

With some hinted ritual cards in the next set, I wonder if retrained Skull Flames and Dokuroraider (first ritual printed) will show up.

New zombies gotta be around the corner 'cuz Shiranui are meh.

ScionStorm
28th December 2015, 11:02 PM
I watched a few episodes of 5Ds a while ago. Has the guy that used Supersonic Skull Flame against Jack early in that series appeared?

With some hinted ritual cards in the next set, I wonder if retrained Skull Flames and Dokuroraider (first ritual printed) will show up.

New zombies gotta be around the corner 'cuz Shiranui are meh.

Yeah. He appeared already. Shun whooped his rear in the underground dueling arena before dueling Dennis.

Archsorcerer
28th December 2015, 11:09 PM
Did he show anything interesting in the deck?

ScionStorm
28th December 2015, 11:11 PM
Did he show anything interesting in the deck?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_-_Episode_058

Archsorcerer
28th December 2015, 11:16 PM
Thank you.

Icematoro
29th December 2015, 02:52 AM
Next episode is January 10, which means we'll get it on 2 weeks, who wants to throw Spears at Konami!

Dyson Sphere
29th December 2015, 05:14 AM
Fixed. Seriously. Hate dub names.

who doesnt

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 05:51 AM
Me, that's who.

ScionStorm
29th December 2015, 06:14 AM
Next episode is January 10, which means we'll get it on 2 weeks, who wants to throw Spears at Konami!

Shouldn't we be throwing spears at the animation studio or the network?

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 06:25 AM

The network. Only throw Spears at the animation studio responsible for the crap that DM started putting out from Season 3 onwards.

KingJinzo
29th December 2015, 11:26 AM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/065bcc58a6d05bf34ee894d4184a7ce3/tumblr_o01ew2iBKD1tzy27bo2_1280.jpg
For somebody who has only five Extra Deck cards plus three cards lying on top of that, the Extra Deck looks way too huge. And no, it's not his Main Deck; that is located near the left side of his handlebars. And shouldn't the Magicians and Odd-Eyes be face-up? (There are people in real life who always play with face-up Extra Decks, but still...) They aren't even lying on top of the Extra Deck.

Me, that's who.

Yeah, but honestly, we don't really care for your opinion. Sorry, but it's based on mutuality.

Volteccer
29th December 2015, 02:07 PM
Why are people complaining about Celina? Tsukikage got renamed Moon Shadow! Then again, that does call to mind the badass ninja in G.I. Joe, but still. He's a ninja; it's okay for his name to be Japanese when his whole concept is super Japanese.

KingJinzo
29th December 2015, 02:16 PM
Why are people complaining about Celina? Tsukikage got renamed Moon Shadow! Then again, that does call to mind the badass ninja in G.I. Joe, but still. He's a ninja; it's okay for his name to be Japanese when his whole concept is super Japanese.

How are they going to name his brother? Sun Shadow? Fire Shadow? Is Tsukikage now called "Moon Shadow" all the time are do they just call him "Moon"?

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 07:11 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/065bcc58a6d05bf34ee894d4184a7ce3/tumblr_o01ew2iBKD1tzy27bo2_1280.jpg
For somebody who has only five Extra Deck cards plus three cards lying on top of that, the Extra Deck looks way too huge. And no, it's not his Main Deck; that is located near the left side of his handlebars. And shouldn't the Magicians and Odd-Eyes be face-up? (There are people in real life who always play with face-up Extra Decks, but still...) They aren't even lying on top of the Extra Deck.

Yeah, but honestly, we don't really care for your opinion. Sorry, but it's based on mutuality.

He has put them in there face down before I believe.
They asked and I answered, jackass.

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 09:44 PM
Right, finally get around to my review. In summation: Holy jeebaz. This episode was heavy.

So it turns out that all of us were wrong (me included): Roget actually placed a chip in Yuya's helmet to shock him. I'm still incredibly pleased by the fact that the show can make me dislike a villain that I used to (and still somewhat do) adore via his sheer evilness. As a result, poor Yuya goes berserk again, in addition to all three of his counterparts. Well, damn. Because that was scary as hell on so many levels. Not only is it incredibly painful, but it also adds a lot to Yuri's character that was already there and brings it to the surface. He might be an evil Yuya counterpart, but at the end of the day he's just as susceptible to the pains of the counterparts as the rest of them. The end result is that the four Yuyas are absolutely chilling as they bring out these moves, finishing with the incredible irony of Yuri helping Summon Dark Rebellion. Next episode get here quickly!

In addition to that we have Crow bringing in some very nice plays. In addition to using Bora again, he brings out Gale! And Calima too! I know Calima's poor in the actual game, but I still like it given its role in the Team Ragnarok duel. And his Raikiri move is nothing short of awesome. Sadly he grabs the idiot ball again just after patching things up with Yuya, but if the preview is any indication, he'll be sorting that out in the next episode.

There isn't much to say. The first part of the episode is a heartwarming and funny sugarfest, and then Roget flicks on the switch to inject the Nightmare Fuel. Expect a summary on the wiki from me at some point.

Icematoro
29th December 2015, 09:59 PM
19 Hours Ago at 02:53 AM. Reason: Even tho they likely have not much saying in the matter.

Everyone always misses the "Edit Reason" :eek:

We can still throw spears at Konami tho, right?

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 10:08 PM
19 Hours Ago at 02:53 AM. Reason: Even tho they likely have not much saying in the matter.

Everyone always misses the "Edit Reason" :eek:

We can still throw spears at Konami tho, right?

Shouldn't you be used electrified ice swords that can shoot electrified ice? That's way more potential for torture. Ah-hah-hah-hah!

Icematoro
29th December 2015, 10:13 PM
Shouldn't you be used electrified ice swords that can shoot electrified ice? That's way more potential for torture. Ah-hah-hah-hah!

Make it spears instead of swords and I'm up, I don't care about the details.

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 10:15 PM
Make it spears instead of swords and I'm up, I don't care about the details.

Swords that can shoot electrified ice spears. Done!

KingKaash
30th December 2015, 02:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone thinks Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon will make an appearance? You know the other Synchro monster that Yuya is suppose to have. Considering Odd-Eyes Rebellion is coming and Meteorburst is Level 7, probably not

Sanokal
30th December 2015, 02:57 AM
Just wondering if anyone thinks Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon will make an appearance? You know the other Synchro monster that Yuya is suppose to have. Considering Odd-Eyes Rebellion is coming and Meteorburst is Level 7, probably not

I wouldn't think that we'll see those until the next arc if at all. Declan might make them for Yuya in the show.

King
30th December 2015, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't think that we'll see those until the next arc if at all. Declan might make them for Yuya in the show.

I don't think that Reiji will be that nice to Yuya

Sanokal
30th December 2015, 03:05 AM
I don't think that Reiji will be that nice to Yuya

He has already made Pendulum support cards for Yuya, so I wouldn't see why not.

kuchiki
30th December 2015, 03:12 AM
Very nice to see black wing bora and gale again from Crow as this brings nostalgia to me like in 5D's (one of my favorites). Great episode nonetheless.

Joenen
30th December 2015, 09:58 AM
Because dub.

It's an actual name. Not in the US, but apparently it's popular in Canada.

Regardless, she plays a Moon deck and her name can be romanized as either Serena or Selena. Considering that the latter is the goddess of the moon, it's probably the latter.

Celina and Selena do sound the same, but one spelling is clearly more appropriate....

yyythefuchs
30th December 2015, 10:42 AM
It was awesome to watch 4 Yu- s dueling in berserk mode.
We saw the destruction of a town while Yuya is passsing to berserk mode... could it be... domino city???

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
30th December 2015, 07:37 PM
Finally we get some proper-ass egao dueling.

Though one would have thought Crow would have been able to hear Yuya's shrieks and see his throes of agony.

KingJinzo
30th December 2015, 10:57 PM
Finally we get some proper-ass egao dueling.

Though one would have thought Crow would have been able to hear Yuya's shrieks and see his throes of agony.

In the Japanese dub, Crow didn't recognize Dr. Fudo as Yusei's father. I guess he can miss Yuya's screams.
But one part was really odd and funny. Yuya's suddenly stops talking and Yuri's continues to explain Odd-Eyes' effect, but I don't think that Crow can hear Yuri through the splitscreen.

Sanokal
30th December 2015, 10:59 PM
In the Japanese dub, Crow didn't recognize Dr. Fudo as Yusei's father. I guess he can miss Yuya's screams.
But one part was really odd and funny. Yuya's suddenly stops talking and Yuri's continues to explain Odd-Eyes' effect, but I don't think that Crow can hear Yuri through the splitscreen.

I'm fairly sure that they're all talking at the same time, it's just how this is presented to the audience. What's really funny is what people who can see Yugo and Yuri (especially Yuri, who's standing on a boat) are thinking.

KingJinzo
30th December 2015, 11:50 PM
We know that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is going to get those beautiful wings in the next episode. It can only get those wings from an effect, not just because it can get them by its own. I'm very sure it's because of the Equip Spell in Yuya's hand that seems to show the Crimson Dragon on its artwork.