PDA

View Full Version : What if Shadow Riders return/reform in Arc-V?

R3QU13M
29th December 2015, 12:14 PM
I know its not me but we continue to see Roger play around with the chessboard and some came to speculate he possibly will use Chess Archfiends in Arc-V. We know he's from Acamedia too, but what could his possible reason be to leave. Could the Shadow Riders of the Fusion dismension disbanded and he was deemed useless to what Academia is of now? Would they reformed to combat against the Lancers? Any thoughts?

KingJinzo
29th December 2015, 02:14 PM
The Seven Stars Assassins never used Fusion Monsters. Even though GX is associated with Fusions, only about a dozen of people actually used them (to name on top of my head, Judai, Sho, Kaiser, Manjoume, his eldest brother, Ed, Asuka, Jim, Chronos, Samejima, Yubel/Martin, Trueman, maybe a few more). All the Seven Stars Assassins' boss monsters were Main Deck monsters. Titan, who used the chess Archfiends, had a Ritual boss monster after he became a Seven Stars Assassin. While Chronos's Ancient Gear Golem's weren't focused on Fusions, he at least had one, so it's not unlikely to expand the chess Archfiends with Fusion monsters. But Roget might use a completely new archetype as well, one that is also focused on chess.

Even though the Seven Stars Assassins were major villains in season 1, they aren't really memorable and were quickly defeated one after another. They don't appear on-screen as a group without them being in silhouettes at all. They worked with the "villain of the week" format. Only Darkness, Camula, Tania and Amnael were notable villains and the only ones that were actually competent, but neither Titan, Abidos and Don Zaloog were actual threats and lost in the same episode they were introduced (well, in Titan's case, when he's re-introduced). (I'm surprised that six of them retained their original names,) Furthermore, the Seven Stars Assassins were Duel Academia's enemies. It doesn't make sense to have a new set of the Seven Stars Assasins working for Academia. But it might be possible to introduce a group of seven elites belonging to Academia as a reference, but the name of the group would be different.

And if they actually appear as enemies of Academia, then they would be the allies of the Lancers... that is odd.

Dread Kaiser
29th December 2015, 04:42 PM
Problem. the whole point of that group was to free the Sacred Beasts. that requires them to be around, which is a giant problem on its own.

also several of their members were 1 dimensional and boring. and in 2 cases, Don Zaloog and Abidos, would kinda have problems even being around

LolsterXD97
29th December 2015, 04:45 PM
Problem. the whole point of that group was to free the Sacred Beasts. that requires them to be around, which is a giant problem on its own.

also several of their members were 1 dimensional and boring. and in 2 cases, Don Zaloog and Abidos, would kinda have problems even being around

And if I remember no one of these had Fusion Monsters.

KingJinzo
29th December 2015, 06:20 PM
And if I remember no one of these had Fusion Monsters.

That's what I've said. The vast majority of the GX cast don't have Fusion Monsters (see above for my "list"). Pretty much more than half of the Fusion Monsters appearing in GX were HEROes.

King
30th December 2015, 02:11 AM
I don't think this can happen the closest i can imagine is about some underground group of 7 people that works for the academia or work to destroy the same

skyfiretherobot
3rd January 2016, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah, let's take this show that already has far too many characters and throw 6-7 more into the mix to be completely irrelevant 5 episodes later....