PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Anime/Manga duel?

R3QU13M
29th December 2015, 12:42 PM
Feel free to list your favorite Anime/Manga duel(s) here. You can also cite the episode, season, and generation too for others reference.

(YouTube links are welcome too)

Volteccer
29th December 2015, 02:08 PM
I liked Yugi's duel with Pegasus. It's the only time in the whole series two Millennium Item holders square off, where the specific properties of their items both come into play.

LolsterXD97
29th December 2015, 02:15 PM
DM: Yugi vs Jonouchi (Battle City), Yami Yugi vs Yami Bakura, Yami Bakura vs Yami Marik, Yami Yugi vs Kaiba 3 (Battle City), Jonouchi vs Yami Marik, Yami Yugi vs Yami Marik, Yugi vs Atem.

GX: Judai vs Manjoume 2, Judai vs Ryo 2, Ryo vs Dark Johan/Yubel, Amon vs Yubel.

5ds: Yusei vs Jack 1, Yusei vs Jack 2, Yusei vs Kiryu 1, Yusei vs Kiryu 2, Yusei vs Z-one, Yusei vs Jack 4.

Zexal: Yuma and Kaito vs III and IV, Yuma vs III, IV vs Nasch/Shark, Kaito vs Mizael 3, Yuma vs Astral (Manga).

Arc-V: Yuya vs Reiji 1, Shun vs Sora 1, Yugo vs Yuto, Yuya vs Reiji 2, Shun vs Dennis 2, Yuya vs Jack 1, Yuya vs Crow 2.

Of these my most favorite is Ryo vs Dark Johan/Yubel from GX.

NOTE: All the Duels from DM are from the original Manga, not the Anime ones.

KingJinzo
29th December 2015, 02:17 PM
I can't really say if it's my absolute favorite, but Jounouchi vs Varon is definitively a favorite of mine.

Sanokal
29th December 2015, 07:09 PM
Hmm...
Yugi vs Kaiba in Battle City, Adrian vs Yubel in GX, Yusei vs Z-one and Team 5D's vs Team Ragnarok in 5D's, Shark vs Trey in ZEXAL, and Declan vs Yuya and Shay vs Sora (both the first times) in ARC-V.

R3QU13M
29th December 2015, 08:01 PM
As the OP of this thread, I should list mine as well.

- Bakura vs Marik (DM, Battle City)

King
29th December 2015, 08:04 PM
My Top 3 are 1st Team 5d's VS Team Ragnarok
2nd Yuya Vs Reiji Rematch
3th Kaito vs Mizael

LolsterXD97
29th December 2015, 08:22 PM
As the OP of this thread, I should list mine as well.

- Bakura vs Marik (DM, Battle City)

"Because...I am the darkness!" - Yami Bakura.

One of the best phases I have ever read/heard.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
29th December 2015, 09:09 PM
As ridiculous as the premise was, Moon Duel was up there for me. Quasar's singular appearance was really cool, and hell, when Clear Mind comes on for Shooting Star Dragon, that makes those duels. And of course, let's not forget Kurosaki Shun carpet bombing a small child and kill satting an evil clown on a motorcycle.

ScionStorm
29th December 2015, 09:59 PM
Joey Vs Valon is a duel I can always go back to and enjoy. Especially by the point Joey becomes Lord of the Red and wears the Aura Armor. Definitely one of the most physical duels ever.

yyythefuchs
29th December 2015, 10:14 PM
DM - Yugi vs. Strings
GX - Yugi vs. Judai
5D's - Team 5D's vs. Team Taiyo
Zexal - Kaito vs. Mizael
Arc-V - Kurosaki vs. Sora (1)

Icematoro
29th December 2015, 11:40 PM
Call me unoriginal, But Yusei vs Z-One always gets me emotional (or at least I think so for reasons that are explained in the spoiler)
By this point this should not be considered a Spoiler, but still, if you don't want said duel to be spoiled for you, don't open the spoiler.
Specially when Yusei gets the power to summon Shooting Quasar Dragon, every time I watch it my eyes get wet, and every single moment until the end is a Pure concentration of HYPE, even if it is a little contrived, Stardust for game was the moment the deal was definitely sealed ;)

Sanokal
30th December 2015, 12:03 AM
That chanting during the duel as well in the background track.

KingJinzo
30th December 2015, 12:20 AM
Call me unoriginal, But Yusei vs Z-One always gets me emotional (or at least I think so for reasons that are explained in the spoiler)
By this point this should not be considered a Spoiler, but still, if you don't want said duel to be spoiled for you, don't open the spoiler.
Specially when Yusei gets the power to summon Shooting Quasar Dragon, every time I watch it my eyes get wet, and every single moment until the end is a Pure concentration of HYPE, even if it is a little contrived, Stardust for game was the moment the deal was definitely sealed ;)

Yeah, spoiler tags are really unnecessary. Who doesn't know about Shooting Quasar Dragon?

KingKaash
30th December 2015, 02:37 AM
Duel Monsters: Atem vs Yugi (Ceremonial Duel), Kaiba vs Atem (Battle of God Cards), Rafael vs Atem 1

GX: Zane vs Jaden (Graduation Duel), Zane vs Dark Jesse, Dark Jesse vs Adrian (Sacred Beast Fusion vs Exodia)

5D's: Team Ragnarok vs Team 5D's (Polar Gods vs Signer Dragons), Yusei vs Z-One, Dark Signer Kalin vs Yusei 1

Zexal: Nash vs Quattro, Yuma vs Astral (Final Duel was cool to see Astral whip out 5 Utopias only to lose them to non-Number monsters)

Arc-V: So far Reiji vs Yuya 2

Mari
30th December 2015, 03:39 AM
DM: Yugi vs Bakura (Battle City). Yugi vs Kaiba vs Marik vs Jounouchi/Joey (Battle City Finals). Marik vs Jounouchi/Joey. Atem vs Yugi.

GX: Manjoume/Chazz vs Judai (first season rematch, the one where Manjoume gets Armed Dragon). Hell Kaiser vs Sho/Syrus. Johan vs Judai (first duel). O'Brien vs Supreme King. Judai vs Yubel. Judai and Johan vs Yusuke/Darkness.

5D's: Yusei vs Jack (all of them, the first one being my favorite). Yusei vs Kiryu/Kalin (rematch). Yusei and Kiryu/Kalin vs Lotten/Lawton (I actually found the Crashtown arc really fun). Yusei vs Antinomy.

Zexal: Yuma and Kaito vs III and IV. Yuma vs III. Shark vs IV (World Duel Carnival). Yuma vs Gauche. Yuma vs Kaito (last duel of Zexal I). Nasch vs Yuma.

Arc-V: Gongenzaka vs Yaiba. Yuya vs Reiji/Declan (both duels). Shun/Shay vs Masumi, Hokuto and Yaiba. Yuya vs Gongenzaka. Yuzu vs Masumi (rematch). Shun/Shay vs Sora (first duel). Yuya vs Isao. Serena, Shun/Shay, Gongenzaka, Sawatari, Tsukikage, Teppei and Michio vs Obelisk Force. Tsukikage vs Shinji. Yuzu vs Tokumatsu. Sawatari vs Yugo. Shun/Shay vs Dennis (Friendship Cup).

...and that's all I guess.

EDIT: whoops, not.

DelCtrl
30th December 2015, 04:33 PM
DM: Bakura vs Marik, Jonouchi vs Marik, Yugi vs Kaiba (BC Finals)

GX: Haven't watched it yet

5D's: Yusei vs Aki, Yusei vs Kiryu (Rematch), Yusei vs Z-ONE

Zexal: Kaito vs Mizar (Moon Duel was awesome), Yuma vs Astral

Arc-V: Shun vs Sora (1st Duel), Yuya vs Reiji (2nd Duel), Yugo vs Serena

ScionStorm
31st December 2015, 11:40 PM
Joey vs. Valon into Joey vs. Mai is still the best string of dueling episodes in the entire Waking the Dragons season to me.

https://youtu.be/kCWH2ewzvbo

Zarkiel
4th January 2016, 09:04 AM
I think my favorite duel is Nasch vs IV, but more fore the sheer epic moment that was the barian's chaos draw. That moment gave me fucking chills, and all the protagonists are just looking at these giant pillars of light going "We're fucked".

Comun
4th January 2016, 01:47 PM
The best was easily Yuma vs Nasch. Zexal is my favorite because of my great respect for shows that make sincerely root for the villains and our great Barian heroes accomplish greatly. That scene where every Barian appears in Barian Hope's Chaos Overlay Units and then Nasch procedes to activate each Over-Hundred effect with synchronized voices with its original owner was by far the most wonderful thing I've ever seen in a card game anime.

As for the other series, the best ones were both Atem vs Rafael duels (with Yugis vs Pegasus as a close runner-up), Judai vs Yubel, Rua and other 2 less relevant guys vs Aporia (with Yusei vs Z-One as a close runner-up) and Shun vs Sora 1: Nuke Heartland Edition (with Yuya vs Sawatari 2: We Will Miss Yosenju Forever Edition as a close runner-up).

Pendulum
4th January 2016, 04:51 PM
Yami Bakura vs. Yami Marik, during Battle City, on the blimp. Not the duel itself, but their interaction. And when Bakura disappears saying he is originally a member of the Shadows. Oh how I've watched and rewatched that pair of episodes.

I also like Bakura vs. little Yugi during Memory World. That Gandora. And Bakura's so unconventional playstyle and mill strategy.

Grand Champinoship had some cool duels. Oddly enough, I liked that mini arc.

Nash vs. Quattro was awesome too. I like Gimmick Puppets' appearence, and Quattro managed to Rank all of them Up in that duel. It was awesome and the duel had a great impact on the duelists, too much at stake. I enjoyed it.

The duel in Sargasso was wicked. Come on, Vector unveiling himself was pure nastiness.

From Arc-V, I liked Reiji vs. Yuya. Both of them. Yuya fought well in the first one, and D/Ds have some cool arts. The second one brought more D/Ds and Odd-Eyes Rebellion into a damn destroying fight.
Sora vs. Shun on the Heartland field was cool too. Bad guys who pretended to be good guys unveiling themselves usually bring us a mix of sordidness and awesomeness. The same applies to Dennis vs. Shun during Friendship Cup.