PDA

View Full Version : Yuya's Pendulum Supports - Discussion Thread

KingJinzo
31st December 2015, 10:24 PM
We all know that Yuya got his Pendulum cards in the first episode, which transformed a good chunk of his monsters into Pendulum hybrids. However, the Pendulum Support cards from the ninth booster series weren't played in the anime. However, since the Synchro arc, Yuya plays Pendulum support Spells/Traps for the first time. So far, he played four Spells:

Pendulum Climax
Pendulum Storm
Amazing Pendulum
Match Pump

Which makes me wonder, whether Yuya had those cards since the end of episode 1 or Reiji created them for him. I say it's because of Reiji. What do you think?

Sanokal
31st December 2015, 11:27 PM
We all know that Yuya got his Pendulum cards in the first episode, which transformed a good chunk of his monsters into Pendulum hybrids. However, the Pendulum Support cards from the ninth booster series weren't played in the anime. However, since the Synchro arc, Yuya plays Pendulum support Spells/Traps for the first time. So far, he played three Spells:

Pendulum Climax
Pendulum Storm
Amazing Pendulum

Which makes me wonder, whether Yuya had those cards since the end of episode 1 or Reiji created them for him. I say it's because of Reiji. What do you think?

I would presume so. Dennis uses similar support cards.

LolsterXD97
31st December 2015, 11:33 PM
We all know that Yuya got his Pendulum cards in the first episode, which transformed a good chunk of his monsters into Pendulum hybrids. However, the Pendulum Support cards from the ninth booster series weren't played in the anime. However, since the Synchro arc, Yuya plays Pendulum support Spells/Traps for the first time. So far, he played three Spells:

Pendulum Climax
Pendulum Storm
Amazing Pendulum

I think Yuya's pendant created them, here I have some reasons:
-Yuya's pendant creates the cards off-screen (At least its more legit than Yuzu and Gon-chan asspulling Extra Deck support right of their asses).
-Yuya wouldn't accept cards of Reiji since he is still pissed with him (And Yuya's cards according to Reiji have more powerful "energy" than the cards he himself created at LDS, so I guess he left Yuya to his luck asspulling cards of his own ass, he even created his own Pendulum Xyz while Reiji is still with normal Xyzs).

The only one with Pendulum support created by Reiji for now would be Dennis which had 1 Pendulum support card ("Magical Pendulum Box").

P.S: And you forgot "Match Pump" as support, which besides doesn't has "Pendulum" in its name, still supports Pendulums in its card text.

KingJinzo
1st January 2016, 03:17 AM
I wanna also discuss a little bit about Amazing Pendulum. It's definitively going to be nerfed, at least the "once per turn only" thing. This card is more or less broken because you get your resources for free, but combined it with Wavering Eyes and you get three cards for free, two from your Extra Deck and one from your deck. With Amazing Pendulum, you are less afraid of your Pendulums getting destroyed. I can see Yuya abusing this card a lot.

Dread Kaiser
1st January 2016, 03:49 AM
the same place Number Support came from, the Writers ass

Volteccer
1st January 2016, 04:36 AM
I wanna also discuss a little bit about Amazing Pendulum. It's definitively going to be nerfed, at least the "once per turn only" thing. This card is more or less broken because you get your resources for free, but combined it with Wavering Eyes and you get three cards for free, two from your Extra Deck and one from your deck. With Amazing Pendulum, you are less afraid of your Pendulums getting destroyed. I can see Yuya abusing this card a lot.

We probably won't see it again, good as it is. Just like with Monkeyboard.

Icematoro
1st January 2016, 04:37 AM
-Yuya wouldn't accept cards of Reiji since he is still pissed with him (And Yuya's cards according to Reiji have more powerful "energy" than the cards he himself created at LDS, so I guess he left Yuya to his luck asspulling cards of his own ass, he even created his own Pendulum Xyz while Reiji is still with normal Xyzs).

We have no reason to believe he's still mad, heck, he seemed preocupied for the Akaba brothers on the council building (Granted, he might have been worried about just Reira, but he said "My friends").

And considering he came to the synchro dimension to save Yuzu, and has come to accept by now that he needs to be an effective duelist, rather than an entertainer right now, you'd think he wouldn't hesitate to take cards from Reiji.

He could have also been forced, "Use this cards or you won't go to synchro dimension." wouldn't be odd coming from Reiji.

It's name truly does justice to the card, there's no way in hell thar card will be published without a nerf, some that I can think at the top of my head:

Discarding/Banishing a card from your hand as a cost.
Pendulums retrieved can't be set as scales that turn.
The cards are inmediately set as scales, and maybe they'll be banished if destroyed.
No special summons that turn, except for Pendulum Summons.
Must be used at the beggining of the Main Phase 1 (Pot of dichotomy's treatment).
That turn, you can only pendulum summon.
Only pendulum summons, you can only pendulum summon 1 monster.
No special summons from the extra deck, including or not pendulums.
Your pendulums scales can't be destroyed by YOUR card effects that turn, and are shuffled at the end phase.
Can't be used the same turn a Pendulum Scale was destroyed, or maybe can't retrieve a Pendulum that was destroyed that turn.