PDA

View Full Version : Dinomist deck help

SynjoDeonecros
10th January 2016, 10:08 PM
So, after going to the sneak preview, I got (with my boyfriend) all of the Dinomist cards in multiples: three each of all of the common Dinomists and the spell/trap cards, 2 of Pteran, and 1 of Rex. Can anyone help me sort out ratios for me to build a deck out of them?

Icematoro
10th January 2016, 11:36 PM
Your main guys are Pteran, Plesios and Rex, Spinos is also pretty darn good, but Chances are you won't get your hands on it any time soon, huh? ;)
This is what I have, I wouldn't call this build final, as I'm kind of waiting for another lvl 4, but should help you get a good grasp on the rates:
Puush might not be working right now, check later if that's the case.
http://puu.sh/mr6Sy/74cb33c05f.jpg

Pendulum
10th January 2016, 11:52 PM
Your main guys are Pteran, Plesios and Rex, Spinos is also pretty darn good, but Chances are you won't get your hands on it any time soon, huh? ;)
This is what I have, I wouldn't call this build final, as I'm kind of waiting for another lvl 4, but should help you get a good grasp on the rates:
Puush might not be working right now, check later if that's the case.
http://puu.sh/mr6Sy/74cb33c05f.jpg

Do you prefer MST over Twin Twister due to the discard cost?

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 12:17 AM
Do you prefer MST over Twin Twister due to the discard cost?

I prefer MST because it's effective, always available, and won't have me discarding a card to pop A SINGLE SPELL/TRAP ever. You have no Idea of how much I've seen people using Twin Twister to pop 1 card...
Twin Twister is Ok if you're not me, basically.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 12:35 AM
Decided to build a preliminary budget build for this deck, pure, so please go gentle on it:

3 each of the common Dinomists
2 Pteran
1 Rex
3 Wavering Eyes
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Dark Hole
2 MST
1 Terraforming
1 Raigeki
1 Limiter Removal
2 Dinomic Powerload
3 Dinomist Charge
3 Dinomist Rush
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 01:31 AM
Decided to build a preliminary budget build for this deck, pure, so please go gentle on it:

3 each of the common Dinomists
2 Pteran
1 Rex
3 Wavering Eyes
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Dark Hole
2 MST
1 Terraforming
1 Raigeki
1 Limiter Removal
2 Dinomic Powerload
3 Dinomist Charge
3 Dinomist Rush
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning

a) Get a third Ptera, ASAP
b) Without Rex You don't have a Powerhouse, or a Boss for that matter, get another
c) Pot of Duality is far from the best choice, but it won't break the deck.
d) Since you have space, you'd probably like to max out on the Field Spells, and maybe add a Chicken Game and/or another Terra
e) lvl 5s that aren't Rex and Spinos aren't Vital, if you suddenly need more space. From the get go I was running 2 Brachios and 2 Ceratops (Cera is alright tho, you can go with 2 Stegos instead)

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 02:33 AM
I replaced Pot of Duality with 2 Igknight Reload and a Pot of Riches, though I'm thinking of maybe testing out three Moray of Greed. Pteran and Rex should be fairly easy to get a hold of. Spinos isn't available in the TCG, yet, but I'll look into getting them when they do.

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 02:46 AM
I replaced Pot of Duality with 2 Igknight Reload and a Pot of Riches, though I'm thinking of maybe testing out three Moray of Greed. Pteran and Rex should be fairly easy to get a hold of. Spinos isn't available in the TCG, yet, but I'll look into getting them when they do.

I wouldn't recommend Reload at all, if anything go Mooray, You definitely should get that Pot of Riches.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 03:06 AM
Okay, I have 3 Moray of Greeds and 2 Pot of Riches. How many do you suggest in this deck?

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 03:19 AM
1 Riches
1-2 Moray, I'd go for 1, but you might prefer having 2.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 03:26 AM
I'll go with 2 Moray, since that'll bring my deck up to 40 cards, and provides more draw potential for my deck.

Amaryllis
11th January 2016, 03:35 AM
Dinomist is my next deck showcase, for anyone who's into that sort of thing ;)

Anyone got any suitable Dinomist music?

I'll post my list once I've finalised it.

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 04:25 AM

Power Rangers music maybe? I mean, they have at least 3 shows with Dinozords.
Also that shameless adveritising.

Hope in the Interstice
11th January 2016, 04:37 AM
Well, since the Dinomists run on a steampunk motif, you might be able to find something by Abney Park (like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQ8bZ820Ho)) or you could trying taking something from the Wild ARMs series (like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fzANBQ9PM) or this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV-MtCjyra4))

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 05:23 AM
Any good themes from Transformers 4? (Yes, I realize that it's asking a lot).

Icematoro
11th January 2016, 06:59 AM
Any good themes from Transformers 4? (Yes, I realize that it's asking a lot).

You're not on a bad track tho, Transformers has a lot iterations, maybe one of them has something fitting?

Pendulum
11th January 2016, 08:51 AM
I prefer MST because it's effective, always available, and won't have me discarding a card to pop A SINGLE SPELL/TRAP ever. You have no Idea of how much I've seen people using Twin Twister to pop 1 card...
Twin Twister is Ok if you're not me, basically.

Ah. I usually prefer Twin Twister to bust a pair of Scales. But my deck's cards don't really mind being in the grave. Dinomists really don't want stuff in the grave just for discard costs.

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it's all dependant on deck type, meta and playstyle.
I'm keeping an eye on this, I'll likely end up building these guys.

Pendulum
11th January 2016, 09:46 AM
They are mechanical dinosaurs, after all. Suits you.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 03:25 PM
I can't spend anything more, because I'm still waiting for a pending payment on something else to clear, but when the money is available, and the prices are set for the release dates, I'm going to try to snag a third Pteran and a second (if not third) Rex.

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 06:46 PM
They are mechanical dinosaurs, after all. Suits you.

Pretty much. It would be an insult not to build them.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 09:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/17E8IxG.png

Updated my deck. Need to get the third Pteran and second Rex, and need to test out Eisbahn, but so far, it looks good. Once Spinos comes out, I'll likely cut a Brachion and Ceratops for 2 of those.

Jolan
11th January 2016, 09:42 PM
Have you considered Deskbot 001 for Synchro plays?

Pendulum
11th January 2016, 09:44 PM
Have you considered Deskbot 001 for Synchro plays?

How the hell did no one say that yet!?
It works fine here, yeah. Definitely a good tech.
They don't really need it if you're aiming for a more OTK with Spinos or... But it can open for funny plays.

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 09:56 PM
I don't think I have any 001, and even if I did, I don't have much in the way of spare Synchros, so I'm going to go without.

Also, I'm putting the Igknight Reloads back in instead of the Morays of Greed; it can work with only 1 monster, I still get the extra draw, and it only stops extra effect draws, not searches, so cards like Dinomist Charge and Pteran can still go off.

Jolan
11th January 2016, 10:47 PM
001 is very much worth it.

You special Brachion, normal 001, synchro into a level 6, then set scales and pendulum your Brachion from extra + another Dinomist from hand, which in turn revives 001 and lets you make either another level 6 synchro or a level 5 one, depending on what you pendulum summoned.

I'm not sure which level 5/6 Synchros to recommend but you can try Red Wyvern, Metaphys Horus and Hispeedroid Chanbara. Those let let you deal with huge monsters that can't be targeted, steal your opponent's monsters, and OTK better via Chanbara's 2 attacks.

Something to note is you can also make Trishula from 001, Pteros and Plesios (for example) as well as Leo Keeper of the Sacred Tree via 001, and a combination of a level 4 and 5 Dinomist.

Since your non-tuner materials hit the extra deck and your tuner revives from graveyard if you pendulum summon 2+ dinomists, you have consistent Synchro summons as long as your scales are safe.

Amaryllis
11th January 2016, 11:03 PM
Well, here's my build in action. I changed it a couple of times and the "final" version (for now anyway) is at the end. I didn't go the Synchro route with Deskbot 001, but I know it's possible to make huge plays with it.

Dinomist Showcase (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXdq7N9eZiI)

SynjoDeonecros
11th January 2016, 11:27 PM
Trishula is way out of my affordable card range, and the only other worthwhile monster for this deck is Dewloren, which I can't get due to my finances, either, so yeah, I'm not going to do the Synchro version, right now.

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 05:12 PM
MONSTER CARDS (24):
1 Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
1 Performapal Guiturtle
2 Performapal Lizardraw
3 Dinomist Pteran
2 Dinomist Plesios
3 Dinomist Ceratops
3 Dinomist Spinos
3 Dinomist Brachion
3 Dinomist Rex
3 Performapal Monkeyboard
SPELL CARDS (7):
1 Dark Hole
1 Limiter Removal
3 Dinomist Charge
2 Dynamic Powerload
TRAP CARDS (9):
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Spiritual Water Art – Aoi
1 Mirror Force
1 Dinomist Eruption
3 Dinomist Rush
1 Solemn Judgment
EXTRA DECK (15):
1 Dinoster Powerful, the Strong Dracoslayer
1 Cyber Twin Dragon
1 Gear Gigant X
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Wind-Up Zenmaister
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1 Shining No. 39: Utopia the Lightning
1 Number 19: Freezadon
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Full Armored Crystal Zero Lancer
1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

This makes me question my choices for my Dinomist deck. Now, I'm likely not going to put in the Performapal engine, but I'm tempted to put in Master Pendulum and Dinoster Powerful. What do you guys think?

Jolan
12th January 2016, 05:29 PM
Run triple wavering so you can search Master Pendulum else Dinoster is unreliable without Draco Face-Off as an option.
2 Dinomist + Charge + Wavering means you can search a 3rd Dino, set scales and pop them to search Master, recover 1 with Charge, set scales again and pendulum the 1 Dino in extra + Master, then contact fuse into Dinoster, keeping your scales safe.

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 05:38 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I have 2 Master Pendulums instead of the 1 this guy is using, so would that help me more or less?

Jolan
12th January 2016, 06:12 PM
It definitely increases your consistency. Double the chance of pulling a Pendulum Dracoslayer.
Really, if the market wasn't crazy, I would recommend Draco Face-off and Vector Pendulum. It's makes it even more consistent to pull off, plus it's cheaper than Luster + Ignister.
However Vector is like 10$ and climbing, so I can't recommend that.

SynjoDeonecros
12th January 2016, 06:41 PM
yeah. I have lots of Draco Face-Offs I can use, but Vector's out of my price range, even for one, so that won't work for me...

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 07:30 PM

I was thinking DinoZaurs' theme, but its chorus is "Wham Bam it's the Dino Jam", so... yeah, too stupid for this deck...

Jolan
13th January 2016, 07:55 PM
The deck needs so much drawpower I'm considering 3x Terraforming 3x Chicken Game since I have legal targets in Dynamic powerload too. I'm not sure if avarice and moray and riches would be necessary with that but getting that charge/pteran feels absolutely necessary given Dinos don't have 1-card setup. A decent hand is Dino + Charge + Wavering. I feel super slow without Luster. Are there any other ways to speed up the deck? Even Rescue Hamster demands setup. Getting a good opening hand feels like such a chore.

Sanokal
13th January 2016, 09:40 PM
Such a shame that they aren't actual dinosaurs.

Pendulum
13th January 2016, 09:45 PM
Such a shame that they aren't actual dinosaurs.

The time of Pendulum Dinosaurs shall come.

Amaryllis
14th January 2016, 07:18 PM
I was thinking DinoZaurs' theme, but its chorus is "Wham Bam it's the Dino Jam", so... yeah, too stupid for this deck...

Dinomist Deck Showcase (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXdq7N9eZiI)

I chose vaguely dinosaur/mechanical-sounding themes. Plus something from Wild Arms because it was suggested :P

SynjoDeonecros
14th January 2016, 08:25 PM
Price for Rex was like $2.50 at the lowest on TCGPlayer, so I could only get one, which makes me sad. Guess I'll just have to pull the third one in a pack, later on.

Sanokal
14th January 2016, 08:58 PM
Least that'll be easier than before.

Jolan
14th January 2016, 09:35 PM
After pulling 0 Rex from my Box purchase, I'm going to be buying like 3 at the 50 cent price Europe has it, hopefully after BOSH sells a bit in the local store, and just splashing Monkeyboard setup because while I love how this deck plays, it's very hard to pick between Scales and Actual Monsters On The Field, and you can't pick both since the archetype lacks a 1-card Scale setting.

SynjoDeonecros
15th January 2016, 08:41 PM
Refund finally cleared, so I bought a third Rex. Hopefully, that'll help the deck some.

Jolan
15th January 2016, 10:12 PM
Refund finally cleared, so I bought a third Rex. Hopefully, that'll help the deck some.

Think you can try a version with 3 Supply Squad in? I think you had those, and I don't, but they might give it some good drawpower.
With how the Dinomist destroy themselves, immediate draws are to be expected.

SynjoDeonecros
15th January 2016, 11:32 PM
Haven't thought about it, honestly. Won't work, though; except for Stegosaur's effect, the only time a Dinomist would be destroyed would be as a Pendulum scale by its own effect, and pendulum scales won't activate Supply Squad.

SynjoDeonecros
16th January 2016, 06:23 PM
I've been told to drop the Master Pendulums and go for a pure build, but I'm not sure, and even if I do, I dunno what to replace them with. Got any suggestions?

Jolan
17th January 2016, 10:57 AM
Ideally? luster and vector pendulum. Realistically? Nothing else can make you Dinoster, which is the only sort of protection you'll get for your scales.

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 12:17 PM
To protect the Scales you can use Pendulum Impenetrable.

SynjoDeonecros
17th January 2016, 06:15 PM
Eh, I'm deciding to drop them for Instant Fusion and Norden, see how that works out. I might also drop a few of the more superfluous monsters in my extra deck for a couple of Panzer Dragons.

Jolan
18th January 2016, 12:47 PM
Running Instant Panzer only means you're spearheading this deck into being Turbo Infinity. I would try doing the same, but, why do it with Dinomist over Cyber Dragons?

Pendulum
18th January 2016, 12:59 PM
You could actually splash some CyDras here and try to make this a hybrid.

Hope in the Interstice
18th January 2016, 01:00 PM
Running Instant Panzer only means you're spearheading this deck into being Turbo Infinity. I would try doing the same, but, why do it with Dinomist over Cyber Dragons?
I suspect Dinomists are the more consistent engine.

SynjoDeonecros
18th January 2016, 07:18 PM
Hmm. Should I go with pure Dinomists, or Dinomist/Dracoslayer/Performapal? I've got 3 Master Pendulum (but no other Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord cards, besides Draco Face-Off), and most of the basic Performapal engine (I need a third Monkeyboard and a Guitartle)...

Pendulum
18th January 2016, 07:45 PM
Performapals make almost everything good... And they are cheap. Although, you're going to lose a bit of the essence of Dinomists, I think.
Why don't you try online and see what build works best for you?

Jolan
18th January 2016, 09:19 PM
I would try a lot of triple monkeyboard double lizadraw single guitartle, as a basic scale engine in the Dinomist deck.

SynjoDeonecros
18th January 2016, 09:46 PM
I have to spend money to get a third Monkeyboard and a Guitartle, and I can't afford that right now (spent the rest of the money I could on the Dinomist support), so I think I'll go pure, right now...

SynjoDeonecros
19th April 2016, 01:47 AM
Bought a Spider Shark, so I'm putting that into this deck. Still keeping it pure; thinking of putting Spinos in somewhere, but dunno what to replace with it, Suggestions?

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 12:38 AM
And my attempts to buy Spinos and Eruption were for naught; bought 2 of each to go with the 1 copy I got from the sneak preview, but I got a second copy of each today, and that rounds out my deck, if I replace Echo Oscillation with them, so... Still dunno what to put as the 15th card in my extra deck. Got any suggestions? I do have a second Geargigant X I can put in, but I'm more inclined to take out a Snowdust Giant for it than have 2 of both in there...

SynjoDeonecros
30th June 2016, 06:36 PM
Monsters:
Dinomist Rex x3
Dinomist Ptera x3
Dinomist Spinos x2
Dinomist Brachion x3
Dinomist Ceratops x3
Dinomist Plesios x3
Dinomist Stegosaur x3

Spells:
Pot of Riches x1
Igknight Reload x2
Limiter Removal x1
Dinomist Charge x3
Raigeki x1
Dinomic Powerload x2

Traps:
Time-Space Trap Hole x1
Solemn Warning x1
Mirror Force x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Dinomist Eruption x2
Dinomist Rush x3

Extra:
Number 14: Greedy Sarameya x1
Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark x1
Artifact Durendal x1
Number 61: Volcasaurus x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Samurai x1
Number 39: Utopia x1
Number 50: Blackship of Corn x1
Number 73: Abyss Splash, x1
Gear Gigant X x2
Number 103: Ragnazero x1
Snowdust Giant x1
Shark Fortress x1

Haven't really done anything to touch up this deck, but I think it's fairly functional, as-is. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
30th June 2016, 06:47 PM
Looks alright to me. How well does Igknight Reload work, I'm curious.

SynjoDeonecros
30th June 2016, 07:31 PM
I haven't tested the deck, so I dunno. Also, I hate that I lost my Instant Fusions, because I would put them into this deck along with Panzer Dragon and make the deck stronger. I can't for the life of me figure out how I lost them...

Sanokal
30th June 2016, 11:54 PM
You haven't put them in the same sleeve as something else have you? Goodness only knows how often I've done that.

SynjoDeonecros
1st July 2016, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure I haven't, and they weren't sold, because I found them so I could sell them, but they vanished before I could.

Sanokal
1st July 2016, 08:48 PM
Huh. How strange.