PDA

View Full Version : [Speculations] Would ARC-V be a Alternate Universe to the First 3 Series?

Dio Brando
10th January 2016, 11:25 PM
We know that the first three series (DM, GX, 5Ds) are connected to each other. They exist within the same world and in the same timeline (Bonds Beyond Time). ZEXAL is awkward, because there was a few mentions of previous series; the Statue episode. However, it doesn't mention anything about Synchros at all. ARC-V might be even stranger, considering that it has every type of summoning mechanics, but does not mention anything about the prior series. It is as if the first few series never existed.

What are you all's opinion on this?

Pendulum
10th January 2016, 11:34 PM
You know? Actually, Z-One and his troupe might have been able to change the future somehow, and cut the Synchros out of people. Hence why Zexal didn't have any Synchros. Because Zexal is an alternate timeline Z-One and his fellows created.
That would explain the absence of Synchros while keeping a justification for Rituals, Fusions and the Statues.
Though I hardly believe my own words.

Dio Brando
10th January 2016, 11:36 PM
Yes, that is one of the theories that is more believable.

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 12:28 AM
Or you know, ZEXAL was at a different period of the Xyz craze like with us in reality. It does happen. As for ARC-V, it and ZEXAL are likely quite far in the future in comparison to the previous three. Not centuries mind you, but longer then a decade or two.

Dread Kaiser
11th January 2016, 03:25 AM
oh boy, haven't done this one before /sarcasm

Things I concluded from my many debates on this topic

Though the most likely reason for not having anything from 5D's show up in that statue Episode is simply because BuyXyz

DM - 5D's are confirmed in 1 timeline, no possible dispute there. Bonds Beyond Time happened, the Gods were specifically mentioned, Kaiba corp was around in all 3 and there was a Duel Academy in 5D's

Zexal, Referenced DM and GX, even if it left out 5D's there are plenty of explanations as to why, still solidly connects it to the same timeline and nothing suggests a branching or anything. actually it did no real interactions after the statue episode.

ARC V: Where to start...
ARC-V Jack basically confirms the alternate dimensions are NOT part of the main timeline since it directly conflicts with the events of 5D's.
his presence DOES suggest that atleast Zexal and 5D's (and possibly ARC V) could be happening at similar times just in different locations that are removed enough that they never get involved with the others and haven't heard of them til later, explaining lack of Stardust staue, the old man simply hasn't heard of Yusei because he wasn't THAT famous yet. If the Dimensions follow the same times, then ARC V Jack being around means 5D's Jack is probably in Standard, still in Neo Domino. If they don't then It's also possible that Zexal occurs before 5D's, judging from Technology (Perpetual Energy Generator? in EVERY FUCKING MOTORCYCLE? oh and Time Machine. Zexal's AR Vision is crazy but I don't think they ever mentioned anything on that level) which would also explain the lack of Stardust Statue, it didn't exist yet.
ARC V Crow was basically in the same position his 5D's self was, Blackbird, Blackwings, taking care of orphans. this suggests that the basic events of the timeline still happened, minus the interactions with the original main characters (so Yusei existing made Jack a bigger asshole.....). That SOMEONE still had to recreate a certain Ancient Egyptian game

Worth mentioning that, while it was cut from the series proper, the preview of Zexals first Episode had Iron chain Dragon in it.

ScionStorm
11th January 2016, 04:35 AM
I don't consider the statues a strong enough reference to the main continuity to concretely say it was part of the same universe. Did they mention who originally owned the real versions of those monsters? (I don't actually remember much) I mean we see Ancient Gears in Arc-V as well as many other monsters used by characters from DM and other series but that doesn't automatically mean Arc-V is part of the same universe. It shouldn't for Zexal either. Z-One openly admitted he was responsible for Paradox. It's a solid indisputable connection. Tetsu in 5Ds (in the japanese version) was intended to be a character Yugi went to high school with. His Duel Terminal AI even quotes his lines from the original manga.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/4/4e/Ushio-ssa.png
Teenage Tetsu. His name was listed among the missing residents of Domino City during the 4th season of GX.
Zexal divorced itself from practically anything that could constitute a solid indication of it being part of the main canon.

Sanokal
11th January 2016, 05:30 AM
I just cringe every time I see people get the wrong blasted idea about those blessed dimensions.

Pendulum
11th January 2016, 08:49 AM
I'm still waiting for a non messy explanation on how the Series connect (or not connect, in case of Zexal). Hope the movie brings some light on the matter.
My opinion is what I stated above OR that Zexal happened in another place (even another dimension) than 5D's. But, to me, Zexal is more in the future than 5D's.

Zarkiel
11th January 2016, 09:00 AM
There was a guy who used an iron-chain dragon in the first couple of episodes of Zexal. It was someone dueling against a twin twister. I can't remember what episode it was from, but it was the one instance of a synchro in zexal.

KingJinzo
11th January 2016, 10:45 AM
There was a guy who used an iron-chain dragon in the first couple of episodes of Zexal. It was someone dueling against a twin twister. I can't remember what episode it was from, but it was the one instance of a synchro in zexal.

Iron-Chain Dragon appeared in the preview of the first episode of ZEXAL, but it didn't appear in the actual episode.