PDA

View Full Version : Dino-Rabbit Pendulum in need of help

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/T4yhmlG.png

So, with Steel Cavalry of Dinon out, I decided to revamp my Dino-Rabbit Pendulum deck, but I dunno what to put as far as the last 3 cards in the main deck, or the last 4 cards in the extra. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pendulum
13th January 2016, 09:21 PM
Where's Sanokal? He might like this.
Why the lack of three cards? If you don't know what to use to fill the spaces just throw Upstarts.
Why King Rex over Kabazauls?

King
13th January 2016, 09:26 PM
i would recomend to add , EMEm, Majespecter or Magician Pendulum engine, since its one of the most consistent Pendulum engines in the TCG but i think it will not match what you are aiming to do

Sanokal
13th January 2016, 09:37 PM
Ooh, dinosaurs.
This is based on an irl build, right Synjo?
Are you looking to add more monsters? I'm not entirely sure how well Jurrac Guaiba works these days, but you could give it a shot. Or maybe just Wavering Eyes if you aren't opposed to using it. (I apologize, I just can't remember if you said that you don't use it or not).

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 09:43 PM
Where's Sanokal? He might like this.
Why the lack of three cards? If you don't know what to use to fill the spaces just throw Upstarts.
Why King Rex over Kabazauls?

King Rex is Earth, to go with the other Earth Dinos in my deck, so I can use Painful Escape with all of them. If I wasn't using it, I'd have Kabazauls in here instead.

Upstart Goblin is too expensive for me. I found Survival of the Fittest, which I think will work, but it'll make the deck slow...

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 09:51 PM
I'm tempted to wait until the next Sneak Preview, to see if they make a Pendulum with Cxulub, and if that'll be a dinosaur, as well; if it is, then this'll be a better build, but for now, it's kinda shit.

Pendulum
13th January 2016, 09:55 PM
King Rex is Earth, to go with the other Earth Dinos in my deck, so I can use Painful Escape with all of them. If I wasn't using it, I'd have Kabazauls in here instead.

Upstart Goblin is too expensive for me. I found Survival of the Fittest, which I think will work, but it'll make the deck slow...

Ah, right. Why don't you use more of those?
And you need more monsters. It's a shame Dinon's scale 5... Frostosauros is really cool.
Survival of the Fittest is good. I used it in the Deck I built for my brother. Yeah, being a Trap is slow nowadays, but can surprise the opponent.
That scale 5 really ruins it a lot... Why not Dark Factory, since your Normal Monsters will end up on the grave?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tempted to wait until the next Sneak Preview, to see if they make a Pendulum with Cxulub, and if that'll be a dinosaur, as well; if it is, then this'll be a better build, but for now, it's kinda shit.

Yeah, actually, it's better to wait.

SynjoDeonecros
13th January 2016, 09:59 PM
The scale 5 is why I dropped Lancephorhynchus from the deck, otherwise it'd have been in there and I'd be able to use Solda. The only other level 4 normal Earth Dino I can use is Crawling Dragon, and I don't think I have any of those; I only barely managed to find 2 King Rex in my collection. As for Dark Factory, that might replace Fossil Excavation, maybe...

SynjoDeonecros
15th January 2016, 08:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/75aq6tP.png

So, based on a deck I spotted on Youtube, I came up with this. Not the best, by a long shot; I may ditch Hamster and Survival of the Fittest for other cards, and my Extra Deck is trash, but beyond that... I dunno. Any suggestions?

Sanokal
15th January 2016, 09:02 PM
How's testing worked out?

Pendulum
15th January 2016, 09:06 PM
So you ditched Painful Escape + Rex. Why did you ditched the Painful Escape, though? I know you have less targets, but isn't worth running at least one?
And you're back to Lancephorynchus? Why? Is it worth it to run 3 and 1 Summoner's Art just for it? Especially knowing the other Dino is Scale 5.
What is it the deck is lacking? Won't it brick?

SynjoDeonecros
15th January 2016, 10:02 PM
DUnno, yet, don't have my Rescue Hamsters in, yet.

SynjoDeonecros
28th January 2016, 09:55 PM
I got my Rescue Hamsters, but right now I'm only using 2 in my deck. Not sure how well that works, might take them out for Two-Headed King Rex. I also need up update the extra deck; with only 3 level 6 Dinos, I think I only need Solda instead of the other level 6 monsters I have.

SynjoDeonecros
14th February 2016, 05:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MpQVBYt.png

Since Luster Pendulum's gone down in price due to it being limited in the emergency list, and since I'm expecting Lector Pendulum to be low price like Master Pendulum was, I revamped my deck to this. Hopefully, it'll do well for me, now.

Jakinus
14th February 2016, 05:22 PM
Uhmm? and the Rabbit? Also Vector Pendulum is still good to have at least 2 since it negates to pendulum effects of your opponent and with Rabbit he gives you access to a quick Evilswarm Nightmare, a card that have been seeing a lot of play this format.

SynjoDeonecros
14th February 2016, 06:28 PM
Vector Pendulum is still 20-30 bucks a pop, too expensive for me. And I dropped Rabbit since I no longer use the normal Dinosaurs, and Draco Face-Off is a better searcher for Master Pendulum than Rabbit is.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 09:29 PM
Should I play around with Rescue Hamster in this deck, or no? Also, what do you think I should do if they release a Cxulub monster that matches the other Dinos in stats (type, ATK, DEF, etc.)?

SynjoDeonecros
17th March 2016, 07:05 PM
Okay, so Cxulub has been fully revealed, and it's decent. Likely will replace Twin-Headed King Rex with it, when it comes out. Kinda wish we had Ties of the Brethren to make this deck more consistent...

SynjoDeonecros
8th April 2016, 10:34 PM
So, I revamped my deck, to combine the Dracos with the Cavalry monsters. Going to wait until the next TCG set comes out, so I can get a full compliment of Cxulub and Rector, but I dunno if this'll be a good idea...

SynjoDeonecros
10th April 2016, 11:55 PM
Main Deck:

Monsters:
Vector Pendulum x3
Lecter Pendulum x3
Master Pendulum x3
Luster Pendulum x1
Cxulub x3
Dinon x3
Reptier x3
Lancephorhynchus x3

Spells:
Pot of Riches x1
Fossil Dig x3
Summoner's Art x2
Unexpected Dai x1
Painful Decision x1
Draco Face-Off x1
MST x2
Forge of the True Dracos x2

Traps:
Torrential Tribute x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Solemn Warning x1
Grand Horn of Heaven x1
Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare x1

Extra Deck:
Dinoster Power x2
Ignister Prominence x1
Majester Paladin x2
Solda x2
Dolkka x2
Laggia x2
Daigusto Emeral x2
Utopia x2

This is what I'm likely going to have in my deck, come the release of the next set. Not sure if I want Forge or MST in it, would like some suggestions on that.

SynjoDeonecros
19th April 2016, 01:40 AM
I made a few slight alterations to my deck. I think I've got it to a point where I like where it's going. What do you guys think?

Sanokal
6th May 2016, 11:17 AM
Have you seen Zack's recent article on TCGplayer, Synjo?

SynjoDeonecros
6th May 2016, 01:56 PM
I just saw it. Quite interesting, but I dunno if it's for me, honestly...

Sanokal
6th May 2016, 07:31 PM
Fair enough. I just mentioned it because I thought that you had most of the cards is all.

SynjoDeonecros
6th May 2016, 07:37 PM
Thanks. I do have most of the cards needed, so I might look into it if the deck I have already doesn't work out.

SynjoDeonecros
6th May 2016, 09:34 PM
Eh, what the hell? I managed to find a pair of Dragon Horn Hunter and each of the promo Draconias, so I'll give it a shot... I'll have to order a few Lector Pendulums, though, which'll be fun...

Sanokal
6th May 2016, 11:37 PM
I'd forgotten about the Lectors. Oops.

SynjoDeonecros
7th May 2016, 02:16 AM
It's fine, I managed to get 2 on TCGPLayer, which is just enough for what I need, so it's all good.

Sanokal
7th May 2016, 02:26 AM
Oh, sweet.

SynjoDeonecros
8th May 2016, 07:14 PM
Thinking about getting a third Lector Pendulum, but not sure. Honestly, I'm not comfortable with playing a near-netdeck of someone else's deck, but I've been struggling with my Draconia deck for a while, that I figured I needed some help with an aspect with it.

I also noticed that this deck has no Commons in it; besides Summoner's Art and Dinoster Powerful, all of my cards are Supers and up. How odd...

SynjoDeonecros
12th May 2016, 05:48 PM
Okay, got my two Lector Pendulums in the mail, so technically, my deck's complete. Not sure if I want to go with what I have, or drop the Normal Pendulum engine for a more pure Draco Cavalry deck... What do you guys think? Honestly, 32 Monsters and 8 Spells makes me nervous as far as a full deck goes...

SynjoDeonecros
14th May 2016, 02:54 AM
If I do dump the Normal Pendulum/Draconia engine, I'm thinking of putting back in Fossil Dig, a trio of Survival of the Fittest, and... I dunno beyond that.

SynjoDeonecros
16th May 2016, 08:43 PM
So, just had a test go with this deck against a cheapo Lunalight deck I built (that my boyfriend dueled against me with). Did horribly, and I think it's because of the sheer amount of monsters I have in here compared to the spells and traps. So, I'm dropping the Lancephorhynchus and the Dragoons of Draconias, and replace them with Fossil Dig (to bring out the Cavalries) and a pair of Echo Oscillation and Pendulum Storm to better cycle through my Scales.

SynjoDeonecros
26th May 2016, 06:59 PM
I kinda wish Ties of the Brethren would come out in the TCG, already; I want to mess around with it in this deck, and see if it would be good in it to help bring out the Dino Cavalry monsters...

SynjoDeonecros
28th May 2016, 07:19 PM
Main Deck:

Monsters:
Amorphactor Pain x2
Vector Pendulum x3
Lecter Pendulum x3
Master Pendulum x3
Luster Pendulum x1
Cxulub x3
Dinon x3
Reptier x3
Rescue Rabbit x1
Rescue Hamster x2

Spells:
Pot of Riches x1
Fossil Dig x3
Summoner's Art x2
Painful Decision x2
Draco Face-Off x1
Odd-Eyes Advent x2
Pendulum Storm x2

Traps:
Treacherous Trap Hole x1

Extra Deck:
Dinoster Power x2
Ignister Prominence x1
Majester Paladin x2
Dolkka x2
Laggia x2
Daigusto Emeral x1

Sanokal
28th May 2016, 08:43 PM
How's it worked out thus far?

SynjoDeonecros
28th May 2016, 08:57 PM
I haven't really had a chance to test this version of the deck out, lately, but the previous version, which was more like the one Zach had on TCGPlayer, failed against a very casually-made Lunalight deck, probably because it had too many monsters and not enough backrow.

Sanokal
28th May 2016, 09:05 PM
Hmm. Yeah, that's certainly an issue given Lunalights OTKness...

SynjoDeonecros
28th May 2016, 09:15 PM
Yeah. Even with the lack of key cards like the Solemns or any of the Mirror Forces, he was able to rapid-fire summon his Fusions easily and crush me in an instant.

SynjoDeonecros
16th June 2016, 02:12 AM
Do I even need Odd-Eyes Advent for Amorphactor Pain, or are the two Forge of the True Dracos I have enough for getting it out?

Sanokal
16th June 2016, 02:15 AM
It depends how often you can get Vector or Rector out. I'm playing two Vector in a Dracoslayer engine in Dinomist and hardly ever see it thus far.

SynjoDeonecros
16th June 2016, 02:48 PM
I have 3 of both cards in my deck, so...

And I just realized I had 2 Summoner's Art in this deck with no targets, so I took them out for a pair of Forbidden Lances.

SynjoDeonecros
24th June 2016, 10:11 PM
What cards should I put in my Extra Deck to fill in the remaining 5 spaces? Right now, I only have like Evilswarm Ouroboros (which I feel would be better used in my Yosenju deck, because it can get out level 4s faster with its own gimmick) and Sky Pegasus, and I don't have the money to get anything else.

SynjoDeonecros
26th June 2016, 09:46 PM
I found a Rhapsody in Berserk, so I added that in, and I decided to remove Sky Pegasus and another, pretty lame R4NK for Silent Honor Ark and Abyss Dweller from my Koa'ki Meiru deck. If I get the money, I'll get copies of them for the deck, so I don't have to share, but eh *shrugs*

Sanokal
27th June 2016, 01:50 AM
ARK isn't that expensive these days.

SynjoDeonecros
27th June 2016, 02:49 PM
That's true. Also, should I put in Advanced Ritual Art? I can get Amorphactor Pain out easier with it by dumping Master Pendulum and/or Vector Pendulum, so... Thing is, it'll only be from my hand, unlike Odd-Eyes Advent, and the Pendulum monsters end up going to the graveyard, which is a bad thing (even though I have Daigusto Emeral in my Extra Deck)...

SynjoDeonecros
9th July 2016, 08:50 PM
Main Deck:

Monsters:
Amorphactor Pain x2
Vector Pendulum x3
Lecter Pendulum x3
Master Pendulum x3
Luster Pendulum x1
Cxulub x3
Dinon x3
Reptier x3
Rescue Rabbit x1
Rescue Hamster x2

Spells:
Pot of Riches x1
Fossil Dig x3
Unexpected Dai x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Painful Decision x1
Draco Face-Off x1
Odd-Eyes Advent x2
Advanced Ritual Art x2 (?)

Traps:
Treacherous Trap Hole x1 (?)

Extra Deck:
Dinoster Power x2
Ignister Prominence x1
Majester Paladin x2
Dolkka x2
Laggia x2
Daigusto Emeral x1
Number 101: Silent Honors Ark x1
Number 104: Masquerade x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gem-Knight Pearl x1
Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk x1

Sanokal
9th July 2016, 08:59 PM
There aren't too many ritual spells?

SynjoDeonecros
9th July 2016, 09:07 PM
The ones that would be useful for this deck would be Odd-Eyes Advent (which I have 2 of), and Advanced Ritual Art (which I also have 2 of, but not in my deck, as of right now)...

Also, when the set comes out, should I replace the Rescue Hamsters in my deck with the True Dracoslayer? Would make Forge of the True Dracos more live, I think...

SynjoDeonecros
10th July 2016, 08:24 PM
I'm being told on Pojo to drop the Amorphactor angle and put in more monsters, like a LOT more monsters (at least 7), bringing the total of my monsters up past 24. Thing is, I've tried a Pendulum deck with more than 24 monsters, and it bricked so spectacularly that I couldn't do anything against a cheap-ass Lunalight deck. So, am I playing this deck wrong, or am I just not capable of playing Pendulum decks with higher monster ratios?

R3QU13M
11th July 2016, 02:59 AM
Try teching:

-Manju to grab either ritual spell/monster.

-Masked Chameleon for Synchro plays

-include King of the Feral Imps to grab Masked Chameleon

-Add more Painful Decisions for the Mask Chameleon synchro play set up

-Maybe add Lancephorhyncus and Summoner's Art for any scale issues you may have

-Some backrow staples may help too: BTH, TT, Solemn, Fiendish and even Mirror Force

SynjoDeonecros
11th July 2016, 04:00 PM
Don't have or want Masked Chameleon, since I only have 1 Synchro in here.

I don't have any more Painful Decisions, and those are expensive.

I gave away my Lancephorhynchus because I wasn't using them in this deck. Don't see a point to them if all of my monsters are level 4 and can summon each other easily from their scales.

I only have 1 Manju. Would that be enough? I also have 1 Spiritual Whisper, which could be better in this deck...

R3QU13M
11th July 2016, 04:26 PM
Spiritual Whisper may compensate for not having a second Manju, but it effect only triggers when pendulum summoned. So I dont how well it do for your hand bricking situation. Still it can do what Manju can do so its something to consider. Or you could add some Senjus if you have some, to grab the Ritual Monster only due to your ritual spells being higher then the quantity of ritual monsters in the deck. Or a Sonic Bird to do the opposite

SynjoDeonecros
11th July 2016, 04:32 PM
I do have a pair of Senjus, if I remember where they're at...

SynjoDeonecros
12th July 2016, 07:42 PM
There's some talk on Pojo that, in a Dracorivals deck, you should go with Box of Friends over Rescue Hamster. Anyone got any thoughts on this?