PDA

View Full Version : Lightsworn Oracle D'Arc

Drakylon
16th January 2016, 05:35 AM
http://ultraimg.com/images/LightswornArc.png

Seems like a rather haphazard deck; it uses portions of two different decks, and some support options from 2 others. But each card in the deck flows to a similar goal. There are 2 key monsters that make up this deck: D/D/D Oracle King D'arc and Ancient Sacred Wyvern.

D'Arc's effect turns all Effect Damage into LP for you, allowing you to use self-damaging effects to gain a large LP advantage over your opponent. Ancient Sacred Wyvern's effect increases its own ATK by the difference between your and your opponent's LP, if your LP is higher. In addition, should that Wyvern ever be destroyed by battle, you can pay 1000 LP (a small sum for this deck) to revive it.

Now, how to get those cards out. Being a Fusion and an attribute-restricted Synchro, they're not the easiest to Summon compared to Xyz. Fortunately, D/D has quite a few options for Fusion inherent in its archetype without having to invest too many cards; for this deck, the D/D Slimes are used as they take up the fewest deck slots; Dark Contract with the Swamp King is also present as a back-up plan. For the Synchro side, we have Lightsworn which not only hastens that D/D Fusion engine, but also sports a quick 4+3 Synchro into Wyvern (with a LIGHT tuner no less), with the option for a 4+4 into Stardust Spark Dragon. Convenient.

Basically, what this deck hopes to do is boost its own LP to sky-high levels by abusing the Effect Damage from Trick Clown and the Dark Contracts using D'Arc's effect, then going in for a supercharged Wyvern. Sometimes the deck can also simply win by beating down the opponent with high ATK monsters in Arc and BLS.

Some problems with the deck as it stands:
- Arc is too vulnerable, and Dark Contract is delayed, making it not the best option for self-damage. I'm still looking into alternatives, preferably cards that either instantly damage or heal its user (damage, not cost), while still giving a decent enough effect to consider using.
- Bad draws are a thing, especially if the Slimes don't behave. Though this is uncommon due to Kepler, Foolish Burial and the Dark Contracts, and the deck has other ways to fight without the Arc and Wyvern combo.
- Actually setting up that ridiculous amount of LP takes a while.

Pendulum
16th January 2016, 09:44 AM
Seems a cool a deck. The lack of typical annoying Traps is satisfying. I actually like the way you're using the Clown to increase your LP while giving you fodder. Different strategy than usual. Of course, comes with the cost of being less consistent.
How does Burial from a Different Dimension work for you? Is it worth it?

KingJinzo
16th January 2016, 03:17 PM
Seems a cool a deck. The lack of typical annoying Traps is satisfying. I actually like the way you're using the Clown to increase your LP while giving you fodder. Different strategy than usual. Of course, comes with the cost of being less consistent.
How does Burial from a Different Dimension work for you? Is it worth it?

Since there are a lot of cards that would be banished from the graveyard, I guess they use the Burial from a Different Dimension to get those cards back. For example, fusing two cards from your graveyard to summon d'Arc, then bringing them back to the graveyard for BLS if you're lacking a DARK monster.

Pendulum
16th January 2016, 05:49 PM
But my question is: is it worth it? Do you really need to bring those cards back so that you would run a limited (=too situational) card for the effect?

Jolan
16th January 2016, 06:20 PM
I run Phantom Knights and I find that Burial is a dead draw in an opening hand and a very common mill otherwise. It doesn't have an incredible impact when drawn later, either. I wouldn't run it here, given you would probably have the same issues.

Drakylon
16th January 2016, 10:21 PM
The deck does have a tendency to banish D'Arc as Fusion Material, so being able to recover it is nice. I have been considering replacing Burial and the Galaxy Cyclone with a D/D/D Human Resources and a Leonidas, though. Also, I realized that the deck has no way of actually Summoning Caesar, so he's being replaced with a 101.

I've been toying with the idea of using Acid Golem of Destruction for self-damaging purposes, though it comes with quite a bit of risk. For one, I'd have to have some way to get rid of it since it locks me out of Special Summoning (meaning I can't get out another D'Arc should the one on the field be destroyed), and taking 2000 damage on top of all my Dark Contracts would be fatal if I don't have a D'Arc on the field. Benefits include boosting my LP by 2000 every Standby Phase alongside D'Arc, being relatively easy to summon (Lumina reviving a Minerva) and being a 3000 ATK beater. I'd probably replace Dante if I do decide to run it.

I'm still open to suggestions on how to protect D'Arc better than a Forbidden Lance or Stardust Spark Dragon. I thought about using Safe Zone, though that might have the opposite effect considering the amount of backrow hate running around.

For other self-damage options, I've been considering Where Arf Thou? to search out another Kepler/Necro Slime; and Destruction of Destiny, for more mill.

Pendulum
16th January 2016, 10:40 PM
The deck does have a tendency to banish D'Arc as Fusion Material, so being able to recover it is nice. I have been considering replacing Burial and the Galaxy Cyclone with a D/D/D Human Resources and a Leonidas, though. Also, I realized that the deck has no way of actually Summoning Caesar, so he's being replaced with a 101.

I've been toying with the idea of using Acid Golem of Destruction for self-damaging purposes, though it comes with quite a bit of risk. For one, I'd have to have some way to get rid of it since it locks me out of Special Summoning (meaning I can't get out another D'Arc should the one on the field be destroyed), and taking 2000 damage on top of all my Dark Contracts would be fatal if I don't have a D'Arc on the field. Benefits include boosting my LP by 2000 every Standby Phase alongside D'Arc, being relatively easy to summon (Lumina reviving a Minerva) and being a 3000 ATK beater. I'd probably replace Dante if I do decide to run it.

I'm still open to suggestions on how to protect D'Arc better than a Forbidden Lance or Stardust Spark Dragon. I thought about using Safe Zone, though that might have the opposite effect considering the amount of backrow hate running around.

For other self-damage options, I've been considering Where Arf Thou? to search out another Kepler/Necro Slime; and Destruction of Destiny, for more mill.

Leonidas is cool. Test it and see how it feels. If you have enough Pendulums, you can try using Wavering Eyes for additional search. But has it is, it's too risky.
Acid Golem isn't a good choice, I'd say. Could work, but your opponent will probably be able to get rid of your D'Arc. It would be too easy for you to lose by your own damage. But test it nonetheless, nothing is better than testing.
To protect D'Arc... Safe Zone is too risky nowadays.
How well do the Gem-Knights work?

R3QU13M
17th January 2016, 11:28 AM
Have you thought about running at least one Charge of the Light Brigade or Solar Recharge?

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 05:00 PM
You could use Ring of Destruction.
You won't inflict damage, but will remove a monster and gain LP equal to its ATK.

Jolan
17th January 2016, 05:20 PM
You won't inflict damage, but will remove a monster and gain LP equal to its ATK.

ooh, can't believe i missed that. I run it in all my DDDecks.

Also, you could run Lord Omega. You have plenty of tuners, and he recycles your banished cards while also removing 1 card from your opponent's hand temporarily.

Drakylon
17th January 2016, 06:44 PM
Have you thought about running at least one Charge of the Light Brigade or Solar Recharge?

Funny that you mention that. I recently removed the Galaxy Cyclone, Burial, Dark Snake Syndrome (too slow) and the Gem-Knight engine for two copies of Charge of the Light Brigade, two Solar Recharge, one Where Arf Thou? and one Judgment Dragon. The Spells certainly speed up the Deck, though I'm winning off of beatdown more often than LP gain advantage now. This version of the Deck is (not so surprisingly) effective at OTKs off of a mostly empty board; mill 2 Necro Slimes and 2 Swirl Slimes, Fusion Summon 2 D'Arcs with 2800 ATK each, Lumina + Raiden gets out a Michael with 2600. That's 8200 damage in attacks, plus a banish from Michael.

Ooh, that's a good idea. The deck's lacking in removal as it stands. I'll replace the Ragnarok for it; Ragnarok's not been doing much for me as its requirements for recycling D'Arc are too rarely met.

ooh, can't believe i missed that. I run it in all my DDDecks.

Also, you could run Lord Omega. You have plenty of tuners, and he recycles your banished cards while also removing 1 card from your opponent's hand temporarily.

That's a good idea. Omega also recycles cards from my Graveyard if he's sent there -- very nice for keeping my D'Arc alive -- and he's relatively easy to Summon (Synchro Clown might become a thing). I've also shuffled the Extra Deck around; the Seraphinites have been replaced with a Red Wyvern and now an Omega.

The current deck:
http://ultraimg.com/images/LightswornArc579b9.png

By the way, does anyone know if imgur links are still broken on this forum?

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 06:49 PM
Imgur links are still messy. At least to me. I can see the pics, but after deleting a part of the link.
The deck looks good. Are you able to make good use of JD?
You could make use of more Synchros like Scarlight. It's non-targeting removal may be handy.

Drakylon
17th January 2016, 07:13 PM
Imgur links are still messy. At least to me. I can see the pics, but after deleting a part of the link.
The deck looks good. Are you able to make good use of JD?
You could make use of more Synchros like Scarlight. It's non-targeting removal may be handy.

Most games I'll have 4 different Lightsworns (Raiden, Lyla, Lumina, Minerva) in my Graveyard a couple turns in the duel between the milling power of Re/Charge and the Lightsworns. The only problem with JD is getting it in my hand, though the deck doesn't absolutely need it.

Scarlight's iffy, since it destroys my Arc with its effect, but I'll try it out. Another option is Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, whose effect I can avoid by changing Arc to Defense Position.\

Also I forgot to change my Extra in that above picture, so here's an update:
http://ultraimg.com/images/Clipboardimage2016-01-17141410.png