PDA

View Full Version : ARC-V Episode 89: Ninja Mooks being Mooks.

KingJinzo
17th January 2016, 02:30 PM
This episode really made me afraid whether Tsukikage is going to be carded or not.
Thankfully, Sora arrives to the rescue and both perform a wonderful One Turn Three Kill combo, which Sora couldn't have done without Tsukikage.

Okay, the Obelisk Force are either ridiculously weak or Reira and Sergey are overpowered. Seriously, Reira defeated six of them in two duels. And now he suffers from post-traumatic events, but then his own hero appears. Yuya doing something heroic since... I don't know... episode 4? Damn Security with their gas. Serena is a complete damsel now because of them.

Yugo being an idiot and having a funny moment with Yuri. We still have to wait for about two weeks for their duel.

Lots of ninja moments.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 02:41 PM
Ancient Gear dream is gone, but Frightfur dream is still in the house! Seriously, they made Chimera playable with just 1 card that its searchable (but Fusion Trench was nice too). So much Fusion SP Material. My favorite part was Yuri's faces, but the saddest part was Reira nearly going into madness (from what I understood).

yshipster
17th January 2016, 04:20 PM
Seems like everybody is a Ninja now...

Anyways, Sora's OTK was pretty nice, and the fact that he teamed up with Tsukikage is nice too. Also I start to think that Mad Chimera alone should have the ability to attack multiple times by it's own, since that would make it an actual treat... Without Tsukikages help even Sora could no win the duel in my opinion, since he had only 1 card left in his hand, and the Obelisk Force could defeat 1 opponent by using all of their turns...

Also, I really want to see Reiji vs Obelisk Force... We all know how this ends, but Reiji needs a LOT more on screen duel time... Both his and Soras last full duel is now about 40 episodes away, so I start to think that Arc-V has, in contrast to Zexal, too many main characters right now...

And was it just me, or were the facial expressions this episode surprisingly good animated, compared to prior episodes?

Baconator
17th January 2016, 04:40 PM
Ancient Gear dream is gone, but Frightfur dream is still in the house! Seriously, they made Chimera playable with just 1 card that its searchable (but Fusion Trench was nice too). So much Fusion SP Material. My favorite part was Yuri's faces, but the saddest part was Reira nearly going into madness (from what I understood).

Does the wikia have it wrong, then? It says there that it only treats fusion monsters as frightfur monsters. If that's the case, this card is more garbage than frightfuloid.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 04:40 PM

Anyways, Sora's OTK was pretty nice, and the fact that he teamed up with Tsukikage is nice too. Also I start to think that Mad Chimera alone should have the ability to attack multiple times by it's own, since that would make it an actual treat... Without Tsukikages help even Sora could no win the duel in my opinion, since he had only 1 card left in his hand, and the Obelisk Force could defeat 1 opponent by using all of their turns...

Also, I really want to see Reiji vs Obelisk Force... We all know how this ends, but Reiji needs a LOT more on screen duel time... Both his and Soras last full duel is now about 40 episodes away, so I start to think that Arc-V has, in contrast to Zexal, too many main characters right now...

And was it just me, or were the facial expressions this episode surprisingly good animated, compared to prior episodes?

They were, some of the better animators did these (and holy shit, Yuri has some pretty faces). And yeah, Arc-V has too much important characters, but that's what makes it so interesting (Sora is destinated to have a full Duel soon, not sure about Reiji tho).

KingJinzo
17th January 2016, 04:41 PM

There is a reason why a spoiler code exist.

Anyway. Reiji is much better in dueling than the other Lancers, making him overpowered in comparison to the rest. If he would duel more often, any threat would be a joke. I hope he does get a duel against Sergey, but if he don't because Yuzu, and the "loser" trio are going to duel Sergey (which sounds really ridiculous), at least let him duel Roget.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 04:41 PM
Does the wikia have it wrong, then? It says there that it only treats fusion monsters as frightfur monsters. If that's the case, this card is more garbage than frightfuloid.

It also sends 2 Frightfurs from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard by just sending 1 card in your hand to do it, it set ups the Grave to Summon Chimera and maybe more if they follow the same route as Lunalights.

Baconator
17th January 2016, 04:52 PM
It also sends 2 Frightfurs from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard by just sending 1 card in your hand to do it, it set ups the Grave to Summon Chimera and maybe more if they follow the same route as Lunalights.

But chimera is still really bad. I guess the cards worth will be determined by its sent to grave effect.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 04:56 PM
But chimera is still really bad. I guess the cards worth will be determined by its sent to grave effect.

Well, now from a 9 card investment, Chimera can be now Summoned with just 3 cards, which are searchable by the same searcher (Edge Imp Chain), so that's something.

yshipster
17th January 2016, 05:08 PM

It's very unlikely that it'll be printed. It's the same as with Edge Nightmare (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Edge_Nightmare) or most of the other anime Spell/Trap cards, they don't make it into a set...

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 05:12 PM
It's very unlikely that it'll be printed. It's the same as with Edge Nightmare (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Edge_Nightmare) or most of the other anime Spell/Trap cards, they don't make it into a set...

Don't lose hope, Fusion Booster SP might be near.

Mari
17th January 2016, 05:12 PM
Ha, called the Sora-saving-Tsukikage part.

They're probably saving them for the imminent Fusion SP

Dyson Sphere
17th January 2016, 05:51 PM
so fusion booster sp should be ancient gears and fluffals

Baconator
17th January 2016, 06:38 PM

No way. The SPs for arc v have always been the yu from that dimensions deck, further support for another important character from that dimension, and a new archetype. It is almost definitely going to be predator plants, fluffals and a new archetype.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 06:41 PM
The Predator Plants, Fluffals/Edge Imps/Frightfurs and a new theme should be the Fusion SP contents. Ancient Gears and Beastborgs could get some of their cards in the Fusion SP, in a Booster Pack, or in an hypotetical Dragons of Legend 3. Beastborgs could end Anime only tho.

P.S: Also, Poly reprint is mandatory in the Fusion SP, otherwise it will be not Fusion Master Race.

yshipster
17th January 2016, 07:46 PM
The Predator Plants, Fluffals/Edge Imps/Frightfurs and a new theme should be the Fusion SP contents. Ancient Gears and Beastborgs could get some of their cards in the Fusion SP, in a Booster Pack, or in an hypotetical Dragons of Legend 3. Beastborgs could end Anime only tho.

P.S: Also, Poly reprint is mandatory in the Fusion SP, otherwise it will be not Fusion Master Race.

Or they handle it the same way as with Selena: They wait almost a year and then release all the cards in a regular set.

Comun
17th January 2016, 07:59 PM
For some reason, I find it really cute that Hugo still thinks Yuzu is dead.

KingJinzo
17th January 2016, 08:39 PM
Speaking of animation quality. That does only apply to close-ups.
http://41.media.tumblr.com/1f693bb711313868cc1382ee48ea9fd6/tumblr_o143wxPYIs1tzy27bo1_1280.jpg

Eternalight
17th January 2016, 08:59 PM
Tsukikage's deck doesn't seem to be promising this far.

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 09:08 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/1f693bb711313868cc1382ee48ea9fd6/tumblr_o143wxPYIs1tzy27bo1_1280.jpg

He looks even worse without those horrible eyebrows...

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 10:09 PM
Or they handle it the same way as with Selena: They wait almost a year and then release all the cards in a regular set.

But Beastborgs and Neo New AG debuted nearly at the same time Lunalights did, so I guess they will release them in a few months of this year too.

yshipster
17th January 2016, 10:11 PM

Looks like some One Punch Man characters... So he must be very powerful!

But seriously, overall, this is one of the better animated episodes... Compare it with episodes featuring less/no plot development, like Shun vs Dennis 1, part 1; Yuya vs Tokumatsu; ...

For the latter one:
http://40.media.tumblr.com/b77d54959db118cd27a6b0e5b92cf21d/tumblr_inline_nqfjn3qmqv1r172ru_500.png

EDIT:

But Beastborgs and Neo New AG debuted nearly at the same time Lunalights did, so I guess they will release them in a few months of this year too.

Neo New stuff might come in a Pendulum related Booster SP (featuring more Yuya stuff, I guess...). Ok I now it is unlikely, but it might happen...

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 10:21 PM

Beastborgs and Underworld Troups are Archetypes of two minor characters at the moment. They don't have enough relevance to be released yet, I think.
I was surprised Selena's cards were released actually. But she is more important to the plot than either of them, as of now.

LolsterXD97
17th January 2016, 10:24 PM
Beastborgs and Underworld Troups are Archetypes of two minor characters at the moment. They don't have enough relevance to be released yet, I think.
I was surprised Selena's cards were released actually. But she is more important to the plot than either of them, as of now.

I meant the Ancient Gear support, not Abyss Actor. And who knows, I thought Barret would be a one-shot character and now look, he is leading the invasion to Synchro Dimension, he might ascend in importancy to the plot.

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 10:51 PM
I meant the Ancient Gear support, not Abyss Actor. And who knows, I thought Barret would be a one-shot character and now look, he is leading the invasion to Synchro Dimension, he might ascend in importancy to the plot.

Oh. Ancient Gear will probably be released. They are giving support to older Archetypes in the anime and releasing it. I doubt they don't release Ancient Gear.
Anyway, Barret might be not that important. He just does these jobs and disappears. I really don't like him much. But he seems to be more than meet the eye, to be honest. So I can see him turning into a bigger character.

Dyson Sphere
17th January 2016, 11:08 PM
hmmm so ancient gear could potentially be in dark illusion, and cover card hound dog

Pendulum
17th January 2016, 11:11 PM
hmmm so ancient gear could potentially be in dark illusion, and cover card hound dog

There is a remote chance, yeah.
The cover card has to be Yuri's Dragon.

Brightshine Stardust
18th January 2016, 04:56 AM
.....we're getting so many One Turn Three Kill lately.

Also, I don't think they explain how did Van Darli Zuma gets to attack all three opponents at once.

Thanako
18th January 2016, 06:26 AM
.....we're getting so many One Turn Three Kill lately.

Also, I don't think they explain how did Van Darli Zuma gets to attack all three opponents at once.

It's possible that he will get a card that lets him attack multiple times at once. Unlike his duel with Yuzu, here he actually took the duels seriously from the beginning, from the tone of what we saw. He's not broken out of his brainwashing yet.[

Sykosis
18th January 2016, 04:48 PM

To be fair, they DID release Ayu's Aqua Actresses and she's also a minor character.

Pendulum
18th January 2016, 04:57 PM
To be fair, they DID release Ayu's Aqua Actresses and she's also a minor character.

Ah yeah, that's true. It was a bit random, but they did it.

ScionStorm
18th January 2016, 11:56 PM
I can see Beastborgs and Thorn deck coming out in The Dark Illusion. Which would probably mean saving Abyss Actors for a Pendulum SP following the Fusion SP. Although the only problem with releasing Beastborgs is that they rely on those medals for strategy and Konami has been disgustingly stingy with S/T anime support lately.

LolsterXD97
19th January 2016, 12:01 AM
I can see Beastborgs and Thorn deck coming out in The Dark Illusion. Which would probably mean saving Abyss Actors for a Pendulum SP following the Fusion SP. Although the only problem with releasing Beastborgs is that they rely on those medals for strategy and Konami has been disgustingly stingy with S/T anime support lately.

They don't have to release all the cards, of that bunch of clusterfuck, Panther Predator and Dark Sentinel are the only ones that I see as being good (also, they can implement the effects of the Medals on them). But Thorn Prisoners would need serious buffs, like giving Van Darli Zuma an Air Neos effect instead of that situational BS.

ChaseLumsden
19th January 2016, 05:18 AM
Pros:
-Yuri actually has a personality! He's not some mindless pet. Now I'm debating whether I hate him or not. .....*checks his invisible watch* Yep, still hate him.
-Tsukikage/Moon Shadow got plot armor. Awesome. More so when it's Sora who's taking the blows.
-Speaking of Sora, that Frightfur Chimera 3OTK.
-Yuya suddenly taking action, Yugo-style. We need more info about these kids and why the hell they absorb each other and crap. They're ridiculous! Awesome, but..Yeah.

Cons:
-Obelisk Force are easily the weakest fodder ever. I've done 3-V-1 Duels, and even with Ancient Gears against my Deck, but I see this and...Yeah. No sweat. ...Now, if they fought my custom Deck. .....I can almost smell the dogsong as I dunk. each. and. every. one.
-I have a stupid gut feeling that the Obelisk Force are gonna swipe Selena/Celina while Barrett and Yuya fight. She's helpless and it's stupid.
-Speaking of stupid, I have a really huge feeling that Barrett is going to get dunked on by either Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon or some new evolution of the Four Dimension Dragons, seeing how episode 92 is going down.

Comun
19th January 2016, 02:08 PM
It's possible that he will get a card that lets him attack multiple times at once. Unlike his duel with Yuzu, here he actually took the duels seriously from the beginning, from the tone of what we saw. He's not broken out of his brainwashing yet.[

And his backstory episode made quite a point that his specialty was dueling multiple duelists at the same, to the point that he beat 50 of them once.

Baconator
19th January 2016, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=ChaseLumsden;21828]

Cons:
-Obelisk Force are easily the weakest fodder ever. I've done 3-V-1 Duels, and even with Ancient Gears against my Deck, but I see this and...Yeah. No sweat. ...Now, if they fought my custom Deck. .....I can almost smell the dogsong as I dunk. each. and. every. one.

They may be weak compared to main characters, but the battle royal at least showed that they were an actual threat to the average person.

King
19th January 2016, 02:41 PM
I still wonder how did Yuya got out of the Duel Arena without anyone wanting to capture him

LolsterXD97
19th January 2016, 03:05 PM
I still wonder how did Yuya got out of the Duel Arena without anyone wanting to capture him

Probably most of the Security was focused in the Council Building, stopping Obelisk Force and finding Yuzu and Serena.

Sanokal
20th January 2016, 12:50 AM
I'd imagine that Roget would let him go, since backing Yuya is a better idea for stopping the Obelisk Force and as 88 proved, he clearly doesn't give too much of a dunk about him.

Sanokal
20th January 2016, 01:02 AM
Oh my goodness! Ladies and gents, the tension has skyrocketed with the arrival of Duel Academy in almost every way!
Moon Shadow sadly didn't do much duel-wise, but his progression as a character was a joy. He willingly aids Sora in their duel against the Obelisk Force and civily lets him know that this isn't over.

Speaking of Sora, this episode has made me not hate him again. I still don't like him, but as soon as I saw what Moon Shadow did, I just thought; aw, hell yeah! He's doing it! I knew that there was a reason for Chimera to have that ability!

In addition, the Yu's provided some excellent moments during this episode. Yugo and Yuri's conversation was an absolute joy, as we get to see more of Yuri's personality, proving more and more that he isn't so different to his counterparts. Yugo remaining unaware of Zuzu's survival is another bonus - guess he didn't see her during Crow and Shay's match. Yuya provides the arguable highlight with his end-of-episode arrival.

In addition, though they got mowed down like mooks, the Obelisk Force's other tactics impressed me. These guys know what they're doing, with the exception of taking on Sergey - that was never going to end well. Sergey's awesome (even if he is a monster). Less impressive however are the Executive Council, who don't seem to have learned a damn about how to operate. Props to Declan for continuing to manipulate the situation to his advantage, and I hope that he gets a duel during this crisis.

This was also a beautifully animated episode I felt, and Riley (props to him too as well!) pulls some very Code Geass-esque faces near the end. Thank god that Yuya showed up.

kuchiki
20th January 2016, 04:35 AM
Seeing obelisk force in similar mask and clothing reminds me of team rocket grunts from Pokémon. They can still be distinguished by the color head piece but seem rather weak in duels that is not teaming up against another person to their advantage in order to win. Yuri and Yugo had some very funny dialogue with each other much to my surprise though I wished they would just duel already so Yuri's dragon can be revealed.

Sora stepping in the duel to help Tsukikage was a nice treat to see and this gives some character development for both of them. Sora proving he cares for his friends even if he is from fusion dimension so he at least has a kind heart. The last bit at the end with Reira felt off (we do know he was in some kind of battle field war and has fears but that's about it) and thankfully Yuya shows up at the last minute to save the day. Looking forward to watching the next episode as this looks like where story is heating up (some people are going hate Shinji I can already feel it haha).

KingKaash
20th January 2016, 04:52 AM
For a middle episode that sets up the next one, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. First, I just want to say that I respect the Obelisk Force. I know many, including myself, address them as "fodder" or "mooks" and that's mainly because they duel together and gang up on single opponents. But they pose significant threats. I mean the Fusion Trench strategy where only Fusion monsters can attack was another evolution of how diverse this elite unit of Academia soldiers are.

Speaking of Fusion Trench, the episode didn't have any plot holes in it as the 3 characters that were kicking the Obelisk Force butts were the ones who could use Fusion: Sora, Reira and Sergey. I'm also starting to not hate Sora anymore especially after this episode when he saved Moon Shadow (I'm going to use Moon Shadow now because I don't know how to spell the ninjas real name) and pulling off a scary OTK. I wonder how the Professor will react to finding out that Sora went against his orders. And Reira oh my! Screw calling him Riley, he should be renamed Duelist Crusher Jr.. Him and Sergey are trying to see which one can get the most kills against the Obelisk Force the way they were kicking butt. And I wish they showed more of Sergey's duel. If only Serena wasn't "drugged" she'd be crushing the Obelisk Force too.

It seems that when an Obelisk Force member's Lifepoints hit 0, they are transported back to Academia by their Duel Disk. And Yuri vs Yugo needs to happen soon and they need to commit an entire episode to that

And lastly, is Shinji causing a rebellion against the Tops or the Obelisk Force? And I'm hearing Barrett will push Yuya through a duel that might go all the way into a third episode? I gotta see that to believe it

Sanokal
20th January 2016, 05:54 AM
Probably both, knowing Shinji he'll assume that the Obelisk Force work for the Tops.
Given that there's probably going to be a lot going on, that might contribute to the length of the duel, kinda like the Shadows arc in ZEXAL II. On that note, it's about time for a three-part duel, it's been long enough.

KingKaash
21st January 2016, 02:07 AM
Probably both, knowing Shinji he'll assume that the Obelisk Force work for the Tops.
Given that there's probably going to be a lot going on, that might contribute to the length of the duel, kinda like the Shadows arc in ZEXAL II. On that note, it's about time for a three-part duel, it's been long enough.

You're right knowing Shinji he probably will think that. Well I guess we should root for him since he's fighting the Obelisk Force. I still hope he gets carded. I'm down for a 3-part duel. I just don't think Barrett should be the guy that pushes Yuya through 3 episodes. Last we saw Barrett he got wiped off the floor by Reiji. More suitable 3-episode long duels would be Yuya vs Jack or Yuya vs Yugo in my opinion.

LolsterXD97
21st January 2016, 02:10 AM
Obelisk Force in all the Duels against Sergey, Sora and Reira would have wished they started with Fusion Trench and Dispersal instead of stacking Triple Hound Dog and Poly.

KingKaash
21st January 2016, 04:45 AM
Obelisk Force in all the Duels against Sergey, Sora and Reira would have wished they started with Fusion Trench and Dispersal instead of stacking Triple Hound Dog and Poly.

Well they didn't know Sergey and Reira could use Fusion. And they didn't expect Sora to turn on them. But yes hindsight is 20/20

Zarkiel
21st January 2016, 09:05 AM
I feel like barret is going to pull a gauche on us: "My decks not weak, that last deck just wasn't my true deck. This is my true deck" <uses crazy otk powered deck>.

Also really interested in the underground. I think shinji is revolting against gallager rather than anyone else. He just wants to get out.

Mari
21st January 2016, 11:33 AM
If the Obelisk Force could break the rule of not being able to attack on first turn with Yuya then it's not outside the realm of possibility that they stack their decks as well

I mean, come on, how do you open with 3 Hound-Dogs and Poly on first turn literally every duel

Baconator
21st January 2016, 01:06 PM
If the Obelisk Force could break the rule of not being able to attack on first turn with Yuya then it's not outside the realm of possibility that they stack their decks as well

I mean, come on, how do you open with 3 Hound-Dogs and Poly on first turn literally every duel

How did Shun open up with 3 vanishing lanius in his first 4 duels.

Volteccer
21st January 2016, 01:27 PM

How does Yuya manage to consistently open with Odd-Eyes? Plot power, yo.

Baconator
21st January 2016, 02:48 PM

The main character opening up with his ace monster is a little different than shun and the obelisk force opening with 3 of the same monster every duel.

yshipster
21st January 2016, 03:39 PM

Steeled Strenght and Iron Determinition

LolsterXD97
21st January 2016, 03:44 PM
All of you are wrong guys, of course the answer is the Heart of the Cards (and some lessons from Bandit Keith).

KingJinzo
21st January 2016, 05:41 PM
Or they do not shuffle. We saw in episode 83 that Yuzu definitively did not shuffle her deck when she put it in the Duel Disk, thus she drew the same cards from last duel.

King
21st January 2016, 06:46 PM

Even if Yuya is unable to open with Odd-Eyes he will search him fast with Joker and stuff

Sanokal
21st January 2016, 07:08 PM
Shay never drew all of his Vanishing Lanius in his opening hand three times, only once, and one time he drew the pieces to assemble three.
That's because Duel Disks auto-shuffle.

King
21st January 2016, 07:19 PM
That means they program their Duel Disks to shuffle the way they want

Sanokal
21st January 2016, 07:25 PM
That means they program their Duel Disks to shuffle the way they want

Only Scorch and Chills ever did that.

KingKaash
22nd January 2016, 02:10 AM

Lol exactly! I always think the same thing. Like then it just becomes to easy. When will Yuya get his 2600 ATK Buster Blader or his 3000 ATK BLS to go along with Odd-Eyes so he can have some variety?

Sanokal
22nd January 2016, 03:49 AM
He's already got it; Dark Rebellion. I suppose we'll have to see how his use of Enlightenment Paladin plays out.

Volteccer
22nd January 2016, 04:39 AM
Lol exactly! I always think the same thing. Like then it just becomes to easy. When will Yuya get his 2600 ATK Buster Blader or his 3000 ATK BLS to go along with Odd-Eyes so he can have some variety?

The Buster Blader spot should be taken up by Elephammer. Or, since it's 1 tribute, it may be more of a Summoned Skull/Dark magicial Girl spot. In which case, the Buster Blader would be Xangke Magician.

KingKaash
22nd January 2016, 06:01 AM
He's already got it; Dark Rebellion. I suppose we'll have to see how his use of Enlightenment Paladin plays out.

If anything Dark Rebellion is Yuya's Summoned Skull. Yea Enlightment Paladin on the other hand is probably going to be his go to option in case Odd-Eyes is not working

- - - Updated - - -

The Buster Blader spot should be taken up by Elephammer. Or, since it's 1 tribute, it may be more of a Summoned Skull/Dark magicial Girl spot. In which case, the Buster Blader would be Xangke Magician.

Xiangke Magician is part of Yuya's core strategy to bring out Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. Xiangsheng Magician is then his Dark Magician Girl?