PDA

View Full Version : The Immortality of the Infernal Infinities.

LeTourGuide
14th September 2015, 11:28 AM
I would like to share to everyone the current deck I am running for today's OCG meta-game, Infernity Magicians. (As of Sep. 2015)

But first, let me give a short introduction about this Archetype.

I know a lot of people hate Infernities because of how OP or unfair they tend to get. However, I have been playing Infernities for years, and I have to say that the Archetype have grown as much as the game itself. Infernity, unlike other Archetypes in the metagame requires skill to be used efficiently. I know people will argue about this but Infernities, as strong as they are, do have a lot of weakness.

The strength of this Archetype comes from the following:
1. High fetch rate using Infernity Archfiend
2. Monster revival and loop initiator using Infernity Necromancer and Launcher, both of which are searchable by Infenrity Archfiend.
3. Countering what your opponent might do with Infernity Barrier and Break, both, again are searchable by Infenrnity Archfiend.

Pretty OP? Actually, no. Although Infernities have these arsenal of effects, it comes with a very high-risk cost which is having ZERO hand cards.

Emptying your hand isn't an easy task, not unless you want to have the most value out of the cards you are using. So say you duel, and you open two(2) cards that require to be Normal Summoned. That automatically makes it almost impossible to start the loop, not unless you're holding something that can make you discard a card. Another situation is you got to start you loop, but the opponent got you with a well-timed Effect Veiler. Now, you have ZERO cards in your hand, some good cards in your graveyard and a crappy field. How do you get back? Do you wait for a Destiny Draw?

As you can see, Infernities deserve the effects they get. Not only do you need skill to play them (memorize a 99-step loop lmao), you also need to be a great Deck Builder for you to be able to harness the power that they have.

That's it. Thank you very much for reading, and now here's what you came for...THE DECKLIST!

http://i.imgur.com/iq1pHS2.png

Infernity Magicians

This is honestly the most consistent Infernity Deck I've had to date. Mainly because of the Magician Pendulum monsters who not only spams the field with Level 4 Monsters but also helps in thinning the Deck. Besides the Magician Pendulum engine, it's pretty much the usual Infernity engine which consists of Archfiend Heiress, Dark Grepher, Armageddon Knight, Summoner Monk and Stygian Street Patrol.

If you've noticed, I'm running only five(5) traps namely (2)Infernity Barrier, (1)Infernity Break, (1)Treacherous Trap Hole and (1)Time-Space trap Hole. The Trap Holes are because I'm using Traptrix Rafflesia which basically makes the cards accessible almost anytime.

Nothing much to point out in the Main Deck, so I'll proceed to the Extra Deck.

Elder God Noden, is a one-card Xyz Summon as everyone knows.
F0: Future King Hope to make some space on the field in case I need to spam more.
Leviair the Sea Dragon, the optional Rank 3. Also brings back banished monsters, effective for Stygian Street Patrol.
Lavalval Chain is basically the heart of the Deck. Without this card, this Deck will not run.
Some other Xyz Utility cards.

and of course the bane of everything Planetellarknight Ptolemaios and his different forms. LOL.

Thanako
14th September 2015, 07:43 PM
You will always get hate for playing certain decks, most of which use the DARK attribute. I for one love what you're doing here. I love to see the evolution of other decks over time, even if most just give them up. I wonder how the lone MST is serving for you?

LeTourGuide
15th September 2015, 07:33 AM
You will always get hate for playing certain decks, most of which use the DARK attribute. I for one love what you're doing here. I love to see the evolution of other decks over time, even if most just give them up. I wonder how the lone MST is serving for you?

I actually sideboard 2 more MSTs, and the reason for that is I fear monsters more than I fear backrow. With BOE, I get to distrupt plays while with MST I only get to keep myself safe so I can make my plays.

And with the new list that just came out, there's a lot of changes I'm gonna have to do. :)

LeTourGuide
17th September 2015, 11:19 AM
Update for the October 1, 2015 OCG Forbidden and Limited List

Will edit later. I'll just show the Deck now. :)

http://i.imgur.com/yIkKzHv.png