PDA

View Full Version : Solemn Warning vs Dark Renewal: Ruling Question

R3QU13M
19th January 2016, 12:43 PM
When is the proper time I'm able to respond to Dark Renewal with Solemn Warning?

- When Dark Renewal is activated?

or

- When the monsters are sent to the grave and the player announces they are going to special summon?

Baconator
19th January 2016, 02:34 PM
When is the proper time I'm able to respond to Dark Renewal with Solemn Warning?

or

- When the monsters are sent to the grave and the player announces they are going to special summon?

The cost is targeting the monsters, so when the opponent selects the targets.

R3QU13M
19th January 2016, 08:19 PM

I'm unsure about this still because what if the player announce beforehand they just want to send the targeted monsters to grave and not special summon. Is Solemn Warning still capable of negating that part of the effect as well?

Baconator
19th January 2016, 08:49 PM
I'm unsure about this still because what if the player announce beforehand they just want to send the targeted monsters to grave and not special summon. Is Solemn Warning still capable of negating that part of the effect as well?

Solemn warning can also negate macro cosmos and starlight road, even if there are no targets in the deck, so there's no reason why it shouldn't negate this.

Dread Kaiser
20th January 2016, 01:33 AM

or

When Activated (after all costs payed and targets are designated, if applicable), once an effect has begun resolving there is nothing in the game that can interfere.

Targeting isn't a cost, but right idea all the same

Warnings Exact Text:

When a monster(s) would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, ormonster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

If it CAN Special summon a Monster, its fair game for Warning. whether it will or is even possible is irrelevant.

Solemn warning can also negate macro cosmos and starlight road, even if there are no targets in the deck, so there's no reason why it shouldn't negate this.

That

R3QU13M
20th January 2016, 01:39 AM
Thanks guys