PDA

View Full Version : Yosenju Left Pillar vs. Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss

SynjoDeonecros
23rd January 2016, 10:47 PM
So, I noticed, last time, when I tested my Yosenju deck against an AI-controlled BA deck on my tablet's YGOPro, when it activates Fire Lake on my turn and targets 2 monsters of mine and a Left Pillar that's in the Pendulum Zone, it won't let me activate Left Pillar's effect to save the monsters. Is this a glitch, or can it not save Yosenju monsters from card effects that destroy them if the effect would also destroy other cards?

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
24th January 2016, 12:26 AM
Left Pillar can't destroy itself because it's already being destroyed by Fire Lake, so it can't activate its effect.

Dread Kaiser
24th January 2016, 12:26 AM
Shinchu L itself was targeted, it can't save in that scenario. "Destroy Instead" effects are dependent on not being destroyed themselves. Dead things don't make good meatshields

Think Six Samurai VS Dark Hole

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 12:55 AM
So, basically, L is useless against Fire Lake, since the opponent will ALWAYS target it as one of the targets. What use is L, then?

Dread Kaiser
24th January 2016, 01:15 AM
So, basically, L is useless against Fire Lake, since the opponent will ALWAYS target it as one of the targets. What use is L, then?
for when L itself ISN'T Targeted, you'd be surprised at how stupid players can be
L can't save Yosenju from effects that it itself would be destroyed by, Still useful against anything that destroys monsters but not Spells

L will work against Firelake if they don't target ti
L will work against Raigeki or Dark Hole (assuming you have anything on field...)
L Will work against Bottomless/Raf, Ghost Ogre, Torrential, CDI Negation, Etc

just because it doesn't work well on Fire lake doesn't make it useless

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 01:41 AM
Well, I've never, EVER had a chance to use L's effect, at all, so yeah, it's a dead card to me, most of the time, and the one instance where it could be useful, I find out it's not? Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong, if anything...

Jolan
24th January 2016, 03:12 AM
It's the same for Dinomist. Do you ever get the chance to use your Dinomist scales, getting them to suicide to protect your field Dinomists?

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 03:20 AM
I haven't tested my Dinomist deck, just recently got all the cards needed for a pure build, so I wouldn't know.

Dread Kaiser
24th January 2016, 04:33 AM
Well, I've never, EVER had a chance to use L's effect, at all, so yeah, it's a dead card to me, most of the time, and the one instance where it could be useful, I find out it's not? Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong, if anything...

well that sounds like a personal issue, I get semi-regular use out of it
At the very least, it soaks up 1 target from fire lake

SynjoDeonecros
24th January 2016, 04:56 AM
Say that when all momentum of yours stops because you get both it and all of your other monsters that you had just Normal Summoned with their effects killed by Fire Lake, leaving you defenseless.

Hope in the Interstice
24th January 2016, 05:13 AM
Say that when all momentum of yours stops because you get both it and all of your other monsters that you had just Normal Summoned with their effects killed by Fire Lake, leaving you defenseless.
Against Burning Abyss? Sure. Against every other deck either? Not really.

Either way, I think this question's been answered.

Dread Kaiser
24th January 2016, 05:14 AM

And thats the Magic of side decking, you don't run it against BA to begin with. Especially that trap-BA build, they give no fucks to destruction redirection

Regardless, question answered, mark it as such so we can close the topic